Wideman can give a fan ulcers

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Homebrew76. Show Homebrew76's posts

Wideman can give a fan ulcers

Some shifts he does great in the offensive zone.  Other shifts he is no better defensively than the paint unde the ice.   What the heck was he and Hunwick doing letting Briere go though them so easily?

On a team that is so solid in their own end, Wideman should be getting a new one ripped in his backside by the coach and his teammates.   That goal almost cost us the game!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from zamboni24. Show zamboni24's posts

Re: Wideman can give a fan ulcers

In Response to Wideman can give a fan ulcers:
    Some shifts he does great in the offensive zone.  Other shifts he is no better defensively than the paint unde the ice.   What the heck was he and Hunwick doing letting Briere go though them so easily? On a team that is so solid in their own end, Wideman should be getting a new one ripped in his backside by the coach and his teammates.   That goal almost cost us the game!
    Posted by Homebrew76

Three assists and some serious pinching on the boards. Actually put a lot more pucks on net for a change. Even Hab lover Engblom and Flyer lover Jones on the Versus game tonight giving him kudos for a great game in spite of the Breire mistake. Hunwick was just as guilty. I can't kill a guy who doesn't get down after a costly mistake.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from pauly1. Show pauly1's posts

3 points and a plus 2. in an OT thriller.

Take up another sport, your lost in this one.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

Long time hater, first time optimistic on Wideman.  Here's why the long time hate, when he was putting up good offensive numbers last year his mental mistakes were frequent, the brain cramps were frequent, and the disregard for fundamentals was always there.

My advise on looking at Wideman - DO NOT LOOK AT THE NUMBERS - LOOK AT HIS PLAY.

Along with CJ, I wonder if this is a turning point in his career, the problems are still there, but I like what I am seeing in that he is correcting them.  He is going in the right direction IMO for the longest stretch of his career.

Make no mistake, Wideman has excellent skills, if he can wire his brain and asss together you are looking at a player who will be about twice as good as he is now.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from 86redsox. Show 86redsox's posts

win is a win.

luckily he's on of many ridin shotgun on t. rask's comin out party.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from 86redsox. Show 86redsox's posts

h.b-" Other shifts he is no better defensively than the paint unde the ice. "

priceless.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from CarolinaClamMan. Show CarolinaClamMan's posts

Same can be said for Hunwick.  He played a brilliant game, won some tight boards situations, passed well, and almost scored on that breakaway.  But then he just blew out on the Briere play-- and actually his stickwork came closest to slapping the puck away from Briere.  But he totally failed, and in that critical time and way, allowing the game tying goal.

I'm a big Hunwick fan. But I realize that consistency is the most important component of the defenseman's play.  If you make ten excellent plays and then one flub, and the flub leads to your team's loss, then the flub is what counts most.  Not so true for forwards, but certainly for defensemen.

I'm sure hoping that both those guys become more consistent and get their plus minus back where it should be.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from watchtower. Show watchtower's posts

In Response to Wideman can give a fan ulcers:
    Some shifts he does great in the offensive zone.  Other shifts he is no better defensively than the paint unde the ice.   What the heck was he and Hunwick doing letting Briere go though them so easily? On a team that is so solid in their own end, Wideman should be getting a new one ripped in his backside by the coach and his teammates.   That goal almost cost us the game!
    Posted by Homebrew76

My take on that goal was, as Brier was splitting the D, the puck was getting chopped but hit his shin guards and kept finding a way to stay on his stick, including the rebound. At times the flyers looked like they did not belong on the same ice as the B's, but made the best of some opportunities. The big positive is that the BRUINS got refocused, dominated the OT and won.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from trouts. Show trouts's posts

The mystifying thing to me about Wideman is how easily he falls on his butt, even when totally untouched. What's up with that?

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from anthonyalbani89. Show anthonyalbani89's posts

In Response to Re: Wideman can give a fan ulcers:
    Same can be said for Hunwick.  He played a brilliant game, won some tight boards situations, passed well, and almost scored on that breakaway.  But then he just blew out on the Briere play-- and actually his stickwork came closest to slapping the puck away from Briere.  But he totally failed, and in that critical time and way, allowing the game tying goal. I'm a big Hunwick fan. But I realize that consistency is the most important component of the defenseman's play.  If you make ten excellent plays and then one flub, and the flub leads to your team's loss, then the flub is what counts most.  Not so true for forwards, but certainly for defensemen. I'm sure hoping that both those guys become more consistent and get their plus minus back where it should be.
    Posted by CarolinaClamMan

Your so very right, it the one thing that will over the 10 things on D, but this is why you need a solid and developing young buck back there. My observation are honest in that the both Wideman and Hucwick have not had stellar years but I don't think that the D has been that bad for the Bruins. Look at the STATS? And as far as others on D, not sure if they are all treated the same. Hunwick sat when CJ though it was his confidence and Wideman got a ton more minutes? And Z was a puss much of the year and had not done much until the playoff. And it goes on and on.

All teams have battled within injuries so you adjust and move on, just like now. I still am not a Wideman and Hunwick pairing fan, put them with others and match their skill levels.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Homebrew76. Show Homebrew76's posts

In Response to Re: Wideman can give a fan ulcers:
     The mystifying thing to me about Wideman is how easily he falls on his butt, even when totally untouched. What's up with that?
    Posted by trouts

Successful D by the paint under the ice.  Was clean too, no penalty called.    Tongue out

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from No4BobbyOrr-GOAT. Show No4BobbyOrr-GOAT's posts

Hunwick Wideman are good to gether when they do not allow deep pressure especially behind the net. cj has to have them move the puck quicker, because when they get caught they get caught bad and make stupid mistakes, like Hunwick's pass behind net that Sob ended up getting picked on and got the blame for a play that should have been long gone before this.

Playing Hunwick with Wide allows Wide to pinch more and when he does Hun's speed allows him to cover quickly. They are a good pairing just need to move the puck out a little quicker.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from saultont. Show saultont's posts

Getting Stuey back and possibly Seidenburg if the Bruins go to the next round will rectify any matchup problems...GO BRUINS

Sections
Shortcuts