Probably a late pick. I hope.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from bobby774. Show bobby774's posts

Re: WIDEMAN GONE!

good! BYE BYE WIDEMAN!!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from gardenbees. Show gardenbees's posts

More speculation....

http://www.hockeyleaks.com/index.php?page=rumors

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from beantowngm15. Show beantowngm15's posts

its probly a late pick...if they put the 32 or 45 in there too ill be pissed

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from MDsizzle. Show MDsizzle's posts

Can't say I'm real broken up about Wideman leaving.

Now they can sign Boychuck!!   ..and Stuart!!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from maddog2020. Show maddog2020's posts

Is this a good trade? I do not know to much about Horton.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from taylorhall10. Show taylorhall10's posts

For all you Widenman haters....please understand that the guy we have coming is an absolute DOG.  Zero heart, and only plays when he feels like it.  I realize Wideman had an awful season, but he was excellent in the playoffs. 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mutant211. Show Mutant211's posts

This should open up room to re-sign Stuart and Boychuk.  The addition of Campbell probably means that Begin and/or Paille are gone.  See ya!  Good luck somewhere else.  I am so happy that we won't have to suffer through any more Wideman brainfarts. 

And the Bruins now have Colin Campbell's son on the team, so ol' Colie won't be screwing the B's anymore.  Bonus!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from davecarr. Show davecarr's posts

Rather keep Paille than Begin.

Would have given up the 15th pick to anyone if they would take Wides with it. Getting Horton back is simply bonus.

I think Wideman will bounce back. He was great the season before last, and found his touch at end of season/playoffs.

And as far as Horton being a DOG, well, that mutt has 20+ goals 5 years in a row, and it's hard to play with heart on a Panthers team that doesn't have any right up to ownership. (Well, till Tallon anyway)

A change of scenery, as well as one of the deepest pools of playmaking centers in the NHL, might be just what he needs to be a 30-40 goal scorer

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from jerrynewyork. Show jerrynewyork's posts

looks good on paper.  but Wideman did play very well in playoffs. that said,B's lack of  goal scoring makes a trade like this necessary. if Horton  is a dog as some say,Mark R. will get his attitude into shape.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from TuukkainNet. Show TuukkainNet's posts

In Response to Re: WIDEMAN GONE!:
    For all you Widenman haters....please understand that the guy we have coming is an absolute DOG.  Zero heart, and only plays when he feels like it.  I realize Wideman had an awful season, but he was excellent in the playoffs. 
    Posted by taylorhall10

And how many Panthers games have you seen in the last five years???

I live 30 min from the arena don't think you have a clue what your talking about.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mutant211. Show Mutant211's posts

Bad move.  +32 from a D Man at age 26 is a rarity.  Good luck finding that again.  Trading a #15 for Colin Campbell's son?  Oh my god. Just horrendous. B's trade their best skater, their best young defenseman who leads the PP from the point, and when Chara leaves, their best D man will be Dennis Sedeinberg.
    Posted by russgriswold

I'm sorry, what was that?  Best skater?  Did you seriously type that with a straight face?  You must have missed the 50 or 60 times that Wideman tripped over the blue line last season. 

I for one am overjoyed at the prospect of not watching #6 skating away dejectedly as the Bruins goalie digs the puck out of the back of the net.  That was an all-too-common scene last season.  Let him rediscover his game somewhere else.  I'll take a 25+ goal winger for just a little bit more money.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from bobby774. Show bobby774's posts

Wideman is horrible d-man good riddance!!

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from MDsizzle. Show MDsizzle's posts

Here's your "Best Skater"!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gMdX_A2iLuM&feature=related

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from abra-cadaver. Show abra-cadaver's posts

Defintely like this trade.  I think the only missing peice right now is a defensman who legitimately quarterback a powerplay.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from davecarr. Show davecarr's posts

good time to rehash this one...

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from TimThomas-god. Show TimThomas-god's posts

Wow.  I thought this day would never come.  I think the 15th overall pick is a little much, because Horton's production has been declining these past few years, but I still think it's a pretty good deal for the Bruins.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from TimThomas-god. Show TimThomas-god's posts

In Response to Re: WIDEMAN GONE! : What does a bad defensive season have to do with skating?  Who is the Bruins best skater? You'd have to be daft to not see his offensive game, passing and transition ability, espcially when he had an All Star season 2 years ago. Lots of players underachieved last year.  This is the point. You don't pin it on one player because Chiarelli is a bozo and Julien's players quit on him. Guess who didn't quit in the playoffs?   Wideman. You do realize this is the same organization that traded away Joe Thornton, right?   This is what Jacobs does. He scapegoats. The fans boo Wideman, don't boo Chara, who plays like a woman, and they need to sell tickets, so Wideman goes. Wideman was superb 2 years ago when people like Savard and Lucic weren't hurt all year. He tried to do too much this year and he was their best player in the playoffs.  He just need to watch some film see where his mistakes were build from there. Marco Sturm was their best skater, but not after a blown out leg followed by another, getting older. Huge mistake by Chiarelli especially on the cusp of the possible Kessel debacle. If this Seguin kid is not incredible out of the gate, Chiarelli is finished in Boston because all he talked about was our pick in 2010 and Toronto's. Guess what? Jacobs's hot dog sales and are more important than hockey decisions.  The fans booed Wideman because they needed someone to blame for poor hockey all over the ice at times, mostly due to injury. Did you like it when Matt Cooke decapitatred Savard and the wimpy reaction that followed?   Really?  You like Chia and Cloude, do ya? If only Ryder, Begin, Ference and Tim Thomas were not overpaid, then this wouldn't be seen as a "salary dump" of a supposed "bad" D man. We got way too many young Bruins fans who apparently have no idea who Jacobs is.  Trading the #15 pick for Colin Campbell's kid might be the worst trade since the Thornton deal.
    Posted by russgriswold

Wideman was good in the playoffs, but how else were the Bruins supposed to get offense.  Out of all the defensemen (besides Ference), Wideman should have been the first one to go.  The Bruins still have a great defensive corps: Chara, Seidenberg, Stuart, Boychuk (they will both be resigned).

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In Response to Re: WIDEMAN GONE! :  The Bruins still have a great defensive corps: Chara, Seidenberg, Stuart, Boychuk (they will both be resigned).
    Posted by TimThomas-god

Stud, questionable historical production, stay at home defenseman, career minor leaguer.

Get your ticker tape ready!

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from captainsausage. Show captainsausage's posts

Deal could work well for both teams, a couple of players who could maybe use a change of scenery.  Wideman was much better than some of the haters give him credit for.  He had a tough regular season this year, but was a very valuable player in the playoffs.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mutant211. Show Mutant211's posts

In late October 2009 I joked that Wideman must have taken up sniffing glue over the summer.  By early November, I was wondering if he had post-concussion syndrome.  I still wonder if that is what his problem was.  He was routinely making bad decisions, falling down when nobody else was near him, and he couldn't put a shot on net to save his life.  The most infurating part was the dopey smirk on his face in his post-game interviews.  It was as if he was unaware that his play had regressed so badly. 

This was long before any "scapegoating" by the team.  Wideman's poor play wasnt' even mentioned by CJ until January, I think it was.  By then, some fans were hoping that he would get traded, because he obviously was not the Dennis Wideman of the previous season.  So don't blame this on "scapegoating" by the management.  Wideman was the only sometimes even the third best Bruins defenseman in a game, and sometimes as bad as the sixth, all while getting #2 defenseman money.  Wideman was "scapegoated" because he earned it. 

In his defense (no pun intended), Wideman did have a good run in the playoffs.  He didn't load the team onto his back and carry them through any rounds, but he did more good than harm.  That should have been the kind of play that we saw from him all season.  Maybe he did have PCS, and it happened to clear up right before the playoffs.  Whatever the reason, it boosted his trade value, and for that, I thank him.  I hope that he lives up to his potential with the Panthers, whenever he isn't playing against the Bruins, of course.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from davecarr. Show davecarr's posts

In Response to Re: WIDEMAN GONE! :Trading the #15 pick for Colin Campbell's kid might be the worst trade since the Thornton deal.
    Posted by russgriswold

You ARE aware that there were other players/picks involved in this deal, aren't you?

This was one deal, not two individual trades

Wideman for Horton straight up wasn't worth it to Fla.
    Wideman and 15 overall was a bit more than PC was willing to pay for Horton.
    Throw in a mediocre-to-decent player, a late draft pick and call it even.