wideman hurt

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from davecarr. Show davecarr's posts

wideman hurt

According to the TV announcers, he's out for the game, but the Flyer's medical staff is feverously tending to him, as they feel they cannot win without him on the ice.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Heelsox. Show Heelsox's posts

Re: wideman hurt

Swing and a miss.

Try again...next joke might be funny.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from davecarr. Show davecarr's posts

just frustrated with the lack of effort tonight, I guess. No hitting by the B's!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bruinfaninnewjersey. Show Bruinfaninnewjersey's posts

Two games in a row now and ZERO effort. What gives?

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Heelsox. Show Heelsox's posts

ahh how quickly we forget the standing O he got in the 1st for showing THE FULLEST effort out there.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bruinfaninnewjersey. Show Bruinfaninnewjersey's posts

[QUOTE]ahh how quickly we forget the standing O he got in the 1st for showing THE FULLEST effort out there.
    Posted by Heelsox[/QUOTE]

I actually meant the team showed ZERO effort in the third period. I will credit the team with killing off that 5 on 3...

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Heelsox. Show Heelsox's posts

oh...I thought you were referring to Wideman, since this post is about wideman...

but yeah...the team simply got outplayed in the third. I was suprised at the lack of fights, especially in this chippy game at home. The refs were god awful, and even the guys in Toronto screwed us over...but no excuses there. The team simply got outworked in the final period.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from roydelaney. Show roydelaney's posts

Wideman is finally good at something.  Bblocking shots & getting injured...

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

I agree he hasn't been the best of the pack on skates and has had his fair share of mistakes but so does Chara, Morris, Stuart, Ference etc...
    Wideman plays on avg. of 20mins a game.  Do you think Hunwick and Boychuk will be better ?  Can they score more than they can be blamed for getting scored against ?
    If he's hurt for a long period of time we'll realize what was lost .

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from misterpaulo. Show misterpaulo's posts

I think he hasn't been 100% for over a year.  He doesn't skate like he did when he first joined the B's.  Had a groin injury some time back and hasn't skated the same since.  Moves like his legs lack flexibility.  Smart player, good hands but a step slower and he can't afford to be slower. 

Too many underachievers this year.  Sturm, Ryder, Chara, Wideman, Wheeler, Krejci, Hunwick and Thomas are all under performing in my opinion.  Savvy and Looch injured for a stretch hasn't helped either.  Need a few of these guys to pick up their play or we could be in a battle for a playoff spot.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

In Response to Re: wideman hurt:
    [QUOTE]I think he hasn't been 100% for over a year.  He doesn't skate like he did when he first joined the B's.  Had a groin injury some time back and hasn't skated the same since.  Moves like his legs lack flexibility.  Smart player, good hands but a step slower and he can't afford to be slower.  Too many underachievers this year.  Sturm, Ryder, Chara, Wideman, Wheeler, Krejci, Hunwick and Thomas are all under performing in my opinion.  Savvy and Looch injured for a stretch hasn't helped either.  Need a few of these guys to pick up their play or we could be in a battle for a playoff spot.
    Posted by misterpaulo[/QUOTE]

Hasn't been the same since that Capitols game last season with Ovy sticking out his knee on him.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from roydelaney. Show roydelaney's posts

Wideman's not just slow.  He makes very poor decisions.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from bluefox70. Show bluefox70's posts

Geez people, the first two periods were fun to watch. Lots of hitting and they were playing with an edge. The third period was another story, unless your a flyer fan. It was atrocious.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from DrCC. Show DrCC's posts

I worked this out to post elsewhere, and think it is worth putting in this thread as well:

Interesting stat that behindthenet.ca keeps: GAON/60. That's goals against team per 60 minutes a player is on ice, 5-on-5 only. It doesn't take quality of competition into account (so players like Bergeron and Chara suffer because they are always out against the other team's best).

Guess who leads the D? Wideman. If you go crazy like me and convert it to average number of minutes played between goals scored against, for Wideman that is 40 minutes. It takes two-and-a-half games for him to play that much.
    By comparison Morris only needs one-and-a-third game.

I know he falls on his butt inexplicably, and seems to make high-visibility mistakes but somehow he gets the job done (5-on-5 at least).

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bruinfaninnewjersey. Show Bruinfaninnewjersey's posts

I've never heard of that before... interesting stat. And I certainly wouldn't have guessed the answer. He really has looked like a poor skater and bad decision maker so far this season.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Take as much time as you need Dennis! "Poor decision making." Understatement!

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from davecarr. Show davecarr's posts

Well, when you pretty much lead the team in ice time, like Wides does, then I think it's all but certain that you will make the most mistakes. It just seems he coughs the puck up too many times, doesn't make the crisp first pass like he used to last year.

If he's hurt, then he needs to be out till he gets better, if it's in his head, then maybe a change of scenery and a fresh start will help him, as well as maybe get us a better scorer?

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from roydelaney. Show roydelaney's posts

That's probably what St. Louis was thinking too!

19. This post has been removed.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from roydelaney. Show roydelaney's posts

Be careful, you're going to get millahtime15 and Not-A-Shot upset...

Sections
Shortcuts