Wideman is so Bad this year...

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from TuukkainNet. Show TuukkainNet's posts

Wideman is so Bad this year...

Missing the puck....

Missing the net.....

Turning it over.....

Hanging out teammates with horrible passes...

If there was ever a time for this guy to step up this year it was tonight.....so far he is just horrible as usual.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from bandgbleeder. Show bandgbleeder's posts

Re: Wideman is so Bad this year...

There's no Mark Stuart to clean his cage tonight, of course he looks bad.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from stillallbost08. Show stillallbost08's posts

I wish he could get at least an assist tonight.

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from thefly8. Show thefly8's posts

If Wideman played for any other team he would be in minors. He must have pictures of CJ or PC. He can't pass or shoot! to top it off he is a gutless wonder!

He has cost the Bruins several games and if he was a horse would of been shot behind the barn.

Why can't anyone cheap shot him and end his season.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from bandgbleeder. Show bandgbleeder's posts

You forgot his inability to skate...

In Response to Re: Wideman is so Bad this year...:
    If Wideman played for any other team he would be in minors. He must have pictures of CJ or PC. He can't pass or shoot! to top it off he is a gutless wonder! He has cost the Bruins several games and if he was a horse would of been shot behind the barn. Why can't anyone cheap shot him and end his season.
    Posted by thefly8

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from thefly8. Show thefly8's posts

Thanks!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from joeschmo25. Show joeschmo25's posts

This just in,
    despite Dennis Wideman's attempt to take out his teammate with a horrible pass earlier in the game, Miro Satan scores the game winner in OT.

This is not the first time Wideman has screwed up. He's constantly out of position, making terrible plays when he IS in position, and just shows no composure whatsoever. Maybe somebody should tell him he's a defenseman, and that when he is in front of the net he shouldn't be looking for deflection goals, he should be trying to stop them. They can't allow him to keep playing like this, something needs to be done. Forget what people say about his potential, he's playing so horrendous anything is better than having him eating up 23 minutes a night. There is no validation aspect in his game, he's an offensive defenseman who is the anti-offense for the team, and he's so pathetic on defense he has become a complete liability.

The numbers don't lie and this isn't just a regular outcry from fans, Dennis Wideman needs to go.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from MrVmax. Show MrVmax's posts

This guy looks like a lost puppy on the ice...hey Wides, please retire!!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

there is no quesiton he has had a bad year, but, he has been way better lately, and the whole shooting wide thing is blown way out of proportion, a lot of times the lane is blocked, and your best option is putting it deep slightly off net. first period was bad for him, hes been better in the second
    Posted by pbergeron37

Turns out you are the only one on this post that is open-minded(and knows enough about hockey) to see the improvement in Wideman's game.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mutant211. Show Mutant211's posts

Woo yeah, he's improving big time!  He only falls down on his own once or twice a period instead of of almost every shift.  And he's only serving up the puck to the other team a few times a game instead of a dozen or so. 

He's quickly working his way up from abysmal to just plain sh!tty.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from roydelaney. Show roydelaney's posts

Give it a break already dezaruchi.  He's awful. 

I really enjoy watching him wind up and shoot the puck directly into the guy standing 10 feet in front of him time and time again.  Then he's too slow to get back as that player skates right by him.  Is that what you consider improving?  Is the fact that he didn't injure Satan tonight a sign of improvement?

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Shadowcpt. Show Shadowcpt's posts

Wideman did not play horribly tonight but he still makes me hold my breath each time he has to make a key pass or when he's pressured at the point. Early in the first period, he fired a shot in a charging Maple Leaf, which was blocked and nearly turned into a clean break for the Maple Leafs. That dumb play aside, I thought he actually had a decent game.

If he could just stop making bad decsions then we'd have a pretty good defensemen. He can move the puck and play the postion fairly well. It's just his poor judgement surfaces far too often.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheoryNeutral. Show TheoryNeutral's posts

Wow. Wideman works for the other side. There is no other explanation.

Same goes for Julien. The only alternative is that he doesn't watch the games.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from north1234. Show north1234's posts

you guys are absulute morons..is wideman paid to score damm goals...we have the no. defensive record in the league  and daaaah..he is a DEFENCMAN...those four d. guys tonight were our stars..man almost thirty minutes of ice  and limiting t. o. to one goal..that should shut you jerks up

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheoryNeutral. Show TheoryNeutral's posts

you guys are absulute morons..is wideman paid to score damm goals...we have the no. defensive record in the league  and daaaah..he is a DEFENCMAN...those four d. guys tonight were our stars..man almost thirty minutes of ice  and limiting t. o. to one goal..that should shut you jerks up
    Posted by north1234

Watch the games.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

Give it a break already dezaruchi.  He's awful.  I really enjoy watching him wind up and shoot the puck directly into the guy standing 10 feet in front of him time and time again.  Then he's too slow to get back as that player skates right by him.  Is that what you consider improving?  Is the fact that he didn't injure Satan tonight a sign of improvement?
    Posted by roydelaney

Very enlightening post.You're probably one of the folks that felt we should have cut Satan also.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from TurkS16. Show TurkS16's posts

Slow, weak, injures teamates, can't hit the net, horrible instincts, can't skate forward or backwards=worst defenseman (even Hunwick is better) on team, maybe in the NHL. Give us anybody I have seen from Providence. He has to be related to JulieAnn. Not getting better at all!!!

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from croc. Show croc's posts

Last night was not the game to pick on Wideman.  Outside of the blocked  shot, which was a great play by the defender, he was solid.  They all had to be down 2 defensemen.  What I saw on the 1st Satan goal was Wideman crashing the net, which he, Boychuck and Chara did most of the night.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from jwb413. Show jwb413's posts

Wideman palyed a decent game and the goal Toronto scored was not his fault. A good bounce for Toronto. He's improving at the right time. Just hope he doesn't take a turn for the worst.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from TuukkainNet. Show TuukkainNet's posts

I don't like to just bash on the players for no reason...I really feel like Wides has played horrible all year, and though his play has been a little better it is still no where near top 4 pair.  As for the defensive statistics, I think Wideman has been bailed out by his teammates over and over, most commonly by Rask and often by whomever his partner is who has to sit home on any push up the ice.  

Last year he was an asset to the O, this year I feel like he is neither an asset to the O or the D.  He changes the way his team needs to play when he is on the ice and that scary.  Maybe he'll figure it out in the off season, but if we can move him and keep Seidenburg and or Stuart I'm all for it.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

In Response to Wideman is so Bad this year...:
    Missing the puck.... Missing the net..... Turning it over..... Hanging out teammates with horrible passes... If there was ever a time for this guy to step up this year it was tonight.....so far he is just horrible as usual.
    Posted by TuukkainNet

and you forgot one more, denting his team mates with his shots from the point.

I think the arguments on both sides of this overlook the fundamental problem here.

He IS SKILLED.  No question about that.  He is NOT a minor leaguer.  The problems are the a) mental mistakes, b) brain farts, (c) bad decisions and (d) fundamentals ignored, forgotten or never learned.  So when a fan looks at it, his shot intentionally (?) 4 feet wide might be just another wild shot from the point.

All NHL players commit the a b c and d sins above, but Wideman does them more frequently.  It frustrates me to death to watch him.  He's not a big guy, he doesn't hand out punishing checks, defensively he should be playing way more conservatively.  When he gets time in his own end he can make that nice crisp pass out of the zone, but when he lacks time he will make a poor quick decision- or when he get TOO MUCH time he starts thinking, and when he thinks he weakens the nation.

Really, get out the dusty old Howie Meeker how to play hockey videos and remind  him of the basics, make sure your skates are on the ice, make sure you have control of the puck etc.  They benched him 2 years ago and then claimed they 'cured' him of the river boat gambling, yet I've see him do it hundreds of times since.

Last night he blocked the Phaneuf shot and put it on Orr's stick for the Leafs goal.  Problem 1 - do not block shots with your hands or even worse - your stick so that you tip it into your own  goal.  True, he averted disaster by not putting it in his own goal outright, but he gave up a juicy rebound and would have been in a better position had he not blocked it.  Matter of fact, 95% Rask could have gloved it easily and the play would have been dead right there.

True, could have happened to any defenseman in the league, but it seems to happen to Dennis all the time.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from 306bruinsfan. Show 306bruinsfan's posts

Wow, another Wideman hate thread.  Seriously, let's end the redundant posts.  I've never been a huge Wideman fan but it is evident that he has been improving lately yet everyone still bashes him.  This has basically just grown into a fad.  All the no-nothing part time fans have heard talks about Wideman being horrible and they've just jumped on the bandwagon.

Of course nobody points out how Wideman started out the rush on Satan's first goal...  Just saying...

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from bandgbleeder. Show bandgbleeder's posts

Satan hasn an NMC.

In Response to Re: Wideman is so Bad this year... : Very enlightening post.You're probably one of the folks that felt we should have cut Satan also.
    Posted by dezaruchi

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheoryNeutral. Show TheoryNeutral's posts

Last night was not the game to pick on Wideman.  Outside of the blocked  shot, which was a great play by the defender, he was solid.  They all had to be down 2 defensemen.  What I saw on the 1st Satan goal was Wideman crashing the net, which he, Boychuck and Chara did most of the night.
    Posted by croc

He turned the puck over and gave Toronto about 3 to 5 good scoring opportiunities, thankfully saved by Rask. He also made low percentage plays, shooting the puck directly into toronto defensemen several times. Bruin opportunities taken away as a consequence.

Blame goes to julien for playing him at crucial times, but blame goes to wideman too, and anyone defending him is either not watching the games or not understanding what is going on.

I am sorry if you're one of these people, and I've refraained from contributing to wideman threads in the past, but this last series of games just has me in awe of his inability to perform and julien's erroneous judgment.

Sections
Shortcuts