Wideman **$%#(#*$(((**

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from user_3855502. Show user_3855502's posts

Wideman **$%#(#*$(((**

Is it just me or is this guy just not getting any better? People keep saying that he will come back into his form of last year but when is this going to happen? I counted at least 4 or 5 turnovers tonight from him, which is usual. He is constantly out of position and letting people getting by him down by the circles. Then, Julien puts him out there in a 4 on 3 in OT and he missed the net twice. I think this guy needs to be traded ASAP. I'll take a bag of pucks, but a 2nd rounder would be nice. Add another pick to a deep draft and free up 4 mil. Do you think it would be too much to expect a 2nd rounder?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from TuukkainNet. Show TuukkainNet's posts

Re: Wideman **$%#(#*$(((**

I'm not a Wideman fan at all but I really thought that over all he looked a little better tonight...

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from ViewFrom311. Show ViewFrom311's posts

No one is going to take on that contract now that Bob Gainey has left the league.  He is the only one dumb enough to trade for a bad contract (Scott Gomez).  We're stuck with him Boston.  We just have to hope that he rights the ship and he actually has been better lately, but that was pretty bad there in the final seconds.  What was even worse to me was when he feigned injury afterwards as an "excuse."  That is not what you want to see out of a player.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

When Wideman gave away the puck with like 10 seconds left and Rask covered up the wrap around. Tuukka hands the puck to the ref and looks over at Dennis WT....

I picked up my laptop but remembered I don't have the spare cash for a broken window and new laptop. I can't watch him anymore its agonizing!!!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bruinfaninnewjersey. Show Bruinfaninnewjersey's posts

I was thinking the same thing... what do you think Rask would have said to him if that went in?

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from roydelaney. Show roydelaney's posts

He was horrible tonight!  He couldn't keep it in the offensive zone to save his life, he turned it over for a near break-away, and the forwards were skating right by him coming down the wall.  He gets knocked off the puck SO easily.  And he adds nothing with his shot either hitting the goalie in the chest or going wide of the net.

I thought he looked a little better during Sunday's game against the Habs but he was back to his true form of looking completely lost tonight.

I'm starting to wonder if he has money on the games and is intentionally making bad plays to give scoring opportunities to the other teams.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from TimThomas-god. Show TimThomas-god's posts

Why doesn't Chiarelli consider releasing him?  It's not likely that anyone is going to take on that contract, and it's even more unlikely that Wideman will every actually play well.  After the Olympics, once Stuart and Boychuk return, WIDEman should be gone!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

In Response to Re: Wideman **$%#(#*$(((**:
    I was thinking the same thing... what do you think Rask would have said to him if that went in? Posted by Bruinfaninnewjersey

Still working on my Finnish so I can only imagine LoL!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from getoffthephone. Show getoffthephone's posts

I never run down Bruins on here but he was brutal again. He has lost his game big time. Let's hpoe he gets it back soon. Another great game by Rask.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from TimThomas-god. Show TimThomas-god's posts

I never run down Bruins on here but he was brutal again. He has lost his game big time. Let's hpoe he gets it back soon. Another great game by Rask.
    Posted by getoffthephone

He never had a "game".  He has been overrated by the Bruins management from day one. 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from rocketdan9. Show rocketdan9's posts

He is still young if you think about it. He has great skating ability and overall plays a good game but sometimes makes horrible mistakes that can cost the game. I wouldn't trade him yet but i'd think twice before i play him in crucial situations. You can only blame Julien for playing him when he shouldn't .

I like that he is paired with chara , the only guy that can save his mistakes in his own end in our team

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from crono420. Show crono420's posts

please keep Wideman, if he goes to another team that is offesively talented he could be another 50 point scorer. Just need to be patient

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from roydelaney. Show roydelaney's posts

Wideman has 'great skating ability'?  When?  He is slower than slow and he can NOT skate backwards.  Wideman is a liability on the ice.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from TimThomas-god. Show TimThomas-god's posts

Will the Wideman lovers please give us some evidence to back up their ridiculous claims?

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from jwb413. Show jwb413's posts

Tim Thomas-god is dead on!!!!!!!!!!

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from perrysound. Show perrysound's posts

He's an idiot. Put him on waivers and see if anyone bites.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from MDsizzle. Show MDsizzle's posts

I was going to start a post about his "even worse than normal" play last night but it looks like you all beat me too it.

The Buf game was the worst game i have seen from him so far. We should at least send him to the minors until he gets his stupid play out of his system, and if we loose him in the process, even better!

The guy is just maddening to watch, i am suprised we actually won with that idiot logging so much ice time, w t f is CJ thinking??

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from rolerhoky19. Show rolerhoky19's posts

I am far from a widemen supporter but I thought outside of the late turn over it was one of his best games all season, in the offensive end, in OT, great break out passes etc.. I did also miss most of the second, but I did see him hold a few pucks in the zone in the 3rd which has been a huge issue for him this year.  So I am going to stay confident that maybe he is on the road to turning it around.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

CJ is thinking "I don't have anyone who can handle this amount of ice and the responsibility for starting break-outs better than Dennis."  Sad, I know.  But that's what he's thinking. 

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from LoveRealHockey. Show LoveRealHockey's posts

This is a case of a good player that has lost his way, fighting the puck and making mistakes that get amplified every game.

I think he has talent, but likely has to go somewhere else to reclaim his game.
    It sure doesn't look like it's happening here in Boston.

PC is a funny guy.  He balked at $5 million for Kessel who at 22 is not even entering his prime yet (p.s. I don't think he's worth $5 million yet, but will be during the course of that contract), but pays Wideman and Lucic way too much money at their current stage of career based on only 1 good year.  4 years for Thomas was too much as well.  Managing in a salary cap era isn't easy. 

In any event I think Wideman would be better playing for someone else.  Bruins won't get much in return, especially given the contract, but it may come down to eating some salary. 

Wideman was a good junior player and will be good again.....even though I'm sure most of you are laughing at me now......IMHO

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from rolerhoky19. Show rolerhoky19's posts

LRH, Kessel will never be worth that with out the right guys around him, I think thats part of what landed him in Wilsons dog house.  If toronto starts leaning on him for leadership they are in trouble...

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from rocketdan9. Show rocketdan9's posts

Wideman has 'great skating ability'?  When?  He is slower than slow and he can NOT skate backwards.  Wideman is a liability on the ice.
    Posted by roydelaney

are you blind? He maybe careless with the puck but the guy is very fluid skater.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from wallydouglas. Show wallydouglas's posts

One thing I notciced is he is trying to rush more and pinch more in which is gonna be a gamble for anyone but i do see some improvements, but dont get me wrong if they trade him i wont be hurt because when boychuk gets back and mcquaid playing well enuf we will be fine and theres always that option at the trade deadline to get a good dman. Oh ya cant wait for stuart to return,,the Bs do have good depth at D

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from LoveRealHockey. Show LoveRealHockey's posts

rolerhoky19

Sorry buddy, I know how you feel about Kessel but you obviously haven't seen the last 12 games (including 6 goals in the last 5 games) and we'll have to respectively disagree on this one.

He was in Wilson's doghouse during a 14 game slump (but most snipers go into slumps), but so was every player on the team.  He wasn't playing well and deserved to be called out.  Just like CJ has called his players this year.

I agree he needs a good centerman and Bozak has been doing a pretty good job actually.

I think Kessel will continue to be a 35-45 goals scorer (would be on pace for 38 goals this year).  And he is growing up.....at 22 he is still somewhat immature.

Is that worth $5 million?   I think over the life-time of that contract he will have earned his money.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from rolerhoky19. Show rolerhoky19's posts

Agree with Rocket, Wideman's biggest issue may be he believed he was better then he was to start the season, thus playing lazy and sloppy, getting by on his "immense talent" and then when he played poorly got inside his own head.. He's fast, skates well, shoots hard.. just sloppy with the puck this year.. and a bit undersized..

Sections
Shortcuts