Wideman the return of Gord Kluzak!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ballsoffury69. Show Ballsoffury69's posts

Wideman the return of Gord Kluzak!

2 bonehead players, put on our roster to prevent our Bruins from moving on to Stanley Cup!  They  wore the #6 so proud!!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from fourrings. Show fourrings's posts

Re: Wideman the return of Gord Kluzak!

dumbest play i've seen in a long time

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from BlueChip99. Show BlueChip99's posts

After 2 periods :  Bruins 2  Wideman 1

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from wil39. Show wil39's posts

Wideman and the Bs move on! 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from mfbruins. Show mfbruins's posts

Wideman was the key to two of our goals.  Now what do you say?

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

In Response to Re: Wideman the return of Gord Kluzak!:
    Posted by bigestbzfan

I still say dump him while his stock is high.  And Ryder.    And Sturm.  Good thing some of these guys are playing their best hockey of the year (or their lives), the deeper we go into the playoffs, the better.  Then ditch them over the summer.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from wil39. Show wil39's posts

Wideman has played rather well the entire series, so what he made 2 costly mistakes tonight, that in my mind they're minimal compared to what he's done and brought for the Bs in this series. He had an assist on a goal, made a key play that led to another and was a +/- "0".

BTW, not sure if the folks who hate Wideman so much noticed, the Bruins won tonight to advance. 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheBostonBruins. Show TheBostonBruins's posts

Wideman was terrible, so was Ryder, and Blake F*cking Wheeler!!! OMG, get the eff rid of his useless a-ss NOW!!! My god, this slug is beyond f*cking useless! The worst player ever to wear the spoked B. No way on earth do I want to see him in a Bruins uniform again next year.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from BlueChip99. Show BlueChip99's posts

Posted by bigestbzfan

I say that I`ve been his biggest supporter throughout the year. But it`s enough, this guy is really not reliable defensively. There was an irresponsible guy like that in Montreal, In 1994-95. He`s called Mathieu Schneider. After a season of 20 goals, Schneider took himself for Bobby Orr. The team leaders had enough of him and they told him to stop his bul..hit and be more responsible. He was traded a few weeks later. Maybe Chara, Bergeron and Recchi should talk to him.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Wheatskins. Show Wheatskins's posts

In Response to Wideman the return of Gord Kluzak!:
    2 bonehead players, put on our roster to prevent our Bruins from moving on to Stanley Cup!  They  wore the #6 so proud!!
    Posted by Ballsoffury69

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Wheatskins. Show Wheatskins's posts

In Response to Wideman the return of Gord Kluzak!:
    Posted by Ballsoffury69

I don't think you remembering the right Gord Kluzak, or you've had a brain cramp.

Gordie would take your head off with no questions asked.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from wil39. Show wil39's posts

I... Gordie would take your head off with no questions asked.
    Posted by Wheatskins

That's what I remember most about him as well, he beat the crap out of his body and shortened his career because of it.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from biggskye. Show biggskye's posts

Anyone that compares Wideman to Kluzak knows nothng about hockey.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

Wideman's a gambler.  Gamblers sometimes lose.  He isn't scared to try and make a play even if it's not the "high-percentage" play.  But if you only make high-percentage plays all the time, you're not going to create much, so you need a guy or two on the team who will shoot the moon.  The pass that resulted in the Satan goal and the pass that hit Mair are the product of exactly the same mentality.  If you don't like it, you better not complain about boring hockey.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from lucaooo. Show lucaooo's posts

Unlike earlier this season i have to give him credit for bouncing back after a bad play.  Let's hope he learned from that and that it will be the last time that he turns the puck over that way in those playoffs!

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from crono420. Show crono420's posts

Wideman isn't going anywhere, sorry losers wideman is here to stay. GO BRUINS

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from WalkTheLine. Show WalkTheLine's posts

Kluzak was a beast! He played hard and physical and was very good at moving the puck out of his own end, usually by skating it out himself. Wideman is definitely trick or treat but comparing him to Kluzak is idiotic. 

Does anyone remember the playoffs series against Buffalo (1983ish?) when Kluzak pounded the snot out of Lindy Ruff? Loser Lindy had 2 black eyes for the next game....it was awesome!

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from bluefox70. Show bluefox70's posts

Posted by bigestbzfan

He helps the other team, way more than the Bruins. That give away doesn't even happen in most mens leagues around the area.

it would be really nice to dump him and his salary next year.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Reilly24. Show Reilly24's posts

I should be reading posts about the Bruins advancing to the top 8. But I'm reading about what a bum Wideman, Ryder, Sturm, Wheeler and Lucic are. You people are a riot. It is more clear now that there are a lot more people on this forum that are not Bruin fans. I bet the 22 teams that didn't make it to the second round wish they had a bunch of bums like these guys. The whole Eastern conference is up for grabs now and regardless what you haters say, the Bruins do have a shot. Bring on the Pens...Go Caps go and put the Habs out of their misery.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from crono420. Show crono420's posts

In Response to Re: Wideman the return of Gord Kluzak! : He helps the other team, way more than the Bruins. That give away doesn't even happen in most mens leagues around the area. it would be really nice to dump him and his salary next year.
    Posted by bluefox70

Bluefox I think we should dump you as a fan. You have been wrong about EVERYTHING this year. Excuse me while I get ready for the second round. KEEP ON HATING LOSER

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from LoveRealHockey. Show LoveRealHockey's posts

Wideman's a gambler.  Gamblers sometimes lose.  He isn't scared to try and make a play even if it's not the "high-percentage" play.  But if you only make high-percentage plays all the time, you're not going to create much, so you need a guy or two on the team who will shoot the moon.  The pass that resulted in the Satan goal and the pass that hit Mair are the product of exactly the same mentality.  If you don't like it, you better not complain about boring hockey.
    Posted by Bookboy007

I may be in the minority here, but I thought Wideman was a difference maker for the Bruins and I agree with your assessment that he's a gambler.  But I really like how he attacks in transition and he held the puck in numerous times.  The pass to Satan was incredible and basically sealed that game.

He will have his moments, to be sure, but I think Wideman deserves kudos for his overall play this series.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from drahcir61. Show drahcir61's posts

Wideman has actually been one of the better dmen over the past 2 months.  He had his issues earlier & he apparently needs to work on his backward crossovers but he's more physical than Ference & Hunwick (combined!), & that pass to Satan thru traffic was a thing of beauty.

Also, I remember Kluzak very well ... he was big, physical, & a very good skater considering his size.  Comparing Kluzak to Wideman is just stupid ... two completely different skill sets.

I also remember earlier this year reading so many posts of people wanting to trade Bergeron in order to keep Kessel.  Uh huh ... don't quit your day job, the fantasy GM position is just that ... a fantasy.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from wallydouglas. Show wallydouglas's posts

wideman, chara and hunwick gave the puck away, result, widemans resulted in a goal, it was a breakout pass gone bad, Ryder attemepted to pass across to his Dman, he was trying to change his direction of pass as he seen the sabre there but was too late, result, a goal. Did i curse ? YES but somehow i knew the end result would be a victory.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from moogfan35. Show moogfan35's posts

Wideman's giveaway wasnt a smart hockey play, especially at that point of the game and Ryder's giveaway was awful, but guess what it doesnt really matter now. They won the game and are onto the next round. I wasnt a huge fan of Wideman during the regular season and wanted him gone or benched as much as most fans but he has played much better the last 6 weeks and at this point in the season its useless to continue to bash him.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Dave24. Show Dave24's posts

I'll take Wideman in a heartbeat over that waste of cap space, Ference.....