wideman

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from jacobspleasesell. Show jacobspleasesell's posts

wideman

I missed the pre-game and didn't see anything on the Bs website, but where was Wideman tonight? Didn't see anything about injury anywhere. Then again, the way Lashoff and Boychuk played, does it really matter?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from 4everbruins. Show 4everbruins's posts

wideman

He came out for the pre-game warmup, but never came back out to play. Spokesman says it is injury related. Should be more news shortly.......but I'll bet it's a "lower body" injury.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from lucic007. Show lucic007's posts

wideman

NOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!

i bet its his groin. He rehabbed it this summer instead of having surgery. Lets hope that its not a nagging type thing.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from nitch19. Show nitch19's posts

wideman

The injuries on our blue-line are starting to concern me. And, if it's Wideman's groin, as it likely is, I'm really starting to get nervous. Hopefully, Ward's ankle responds and he's back next week, no Ference until mid-January, and now Wide's groin flaring up and possibly lingering.

Hopefully, Vladdy gets called up, with Sturm out. But, back to defense, Julien's gonna have to be careful with Wides, and balance ice time for Z, so as not to burn him out later on.
    Hunwick's been playing well, but, Boychuk and Lashoff: it's time to step up, the time is now!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from brunod. Show brunod's posts

wideman

Hunwick, Lashoff and Boychuck did a fine job on D last nite. Let the rest of the boys heal and give the young guys some ice time, we will be a better team for it in the future. These next few game4s vs. Florida teams is great experience for them.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from bigvig. Show bigvig's posts

wideman

Those 3 might have been OK last night, in HORRIBLE Tampa, but they cant even HOPE to squeak out those kind of wins against "real" teams. They need some SERIOUS help back there is Wideman has a groin issue and Ward isnt healthy SOON. Ference is out for another month or more and there is 3 of their top 4 D-Men sidelined. When you look at it that way......3 OF THEIR TOP 4, it doesnt look good.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from misterpaulo. Show misterpaulo's posts

wideman

Ummm not to burst the bubble but getting Wideman back ASAP is crucial. He's our best D over all and gets the puck out of the B's end better than anybody. Despite the win last night the team didn't look the same coming out their end and considering how much ice time Wides logs I relate that to his absense. Her's hoping he gets back ASAP. What does everyone think of putting a feeler out the Leafs for Kaberle? He's got a "no trade" but might be willing to wave it to leave that Leaf mess. Wilson and Kabby aren't seeing eye to eye these days and it might be good timing to check it out.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from 4everbruins. Show 4everbruins's posts

wideman

They are calling it a "mid body" injury. Probably a pulled muscle in his mid section. Hope its only minor.....those types of injuries can be like groin injuries.....nagging.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from mcl77. Show mcl77's posts

wideman

[Quote]Ummm not to burst the bubble but getting Wideman back ASAP is crucial. He's our best D over all and gets the puck out of the B's end better than anybody. Despite the win last night the team didn't look the same coming out their end and considering how much ice time Wides logs I relate that to his absense. Her's hoping he gets back ASAP. What does everyone think of putting a feeler out the Leafs for Kaberle? He's got a "no trade" but might be willing to wave it to leave that Leaf mess. Wilson and Kabby aren't seeing eye to eye these days and it might be good timing to check it out.[/Quote]

They also didnt have a good transition game because Manny Fernandez wasnt in net. My grandmother handles the puck better than Thomas ( who was way out of position on the 1st goal by the way)

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from carloaz. Show carloaz's posts

wideman

Timmy is the only reason we won last night, well krejci had something to do with it too, but his goal wouldn’t have mattered if not for Timmy T.
    This was not the same team last night they looked terrible in their own zone and even our regular def. were unable to make a decent play out of our zone. The kids are alright but we are in trouble if the forwards cant maintain pressure in the offensive zone. Bottom line losing Wides is one too many.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from stillallbost08. Show stillallbost08's posts

wideman

[Quote]

They also didnt have a good transition game because Manny Fernandez wasnt in net. My grandmother handles the puck better than Thomas ( who was way out of position on the 1st goal by the way)[/Quote]

the best part of the 1st goal is that it was their only goal.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Orrthebest. Show Orrthebest's posts

wideman

Sounds like Wideman will play tonight, from KDP:

''I feel good,'' said Wideman. ''I feel a lot better.''
    Wideman emphasised again that his injury is not related to the groin problem he had much of last season.

I am guessing he has the flu.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from pauly1. Show pauly1's posts

wideman

[Quote]
    Timmy is the only reason we won last night, well krejci had something to do with it too, but his goal wouldn’t have mattered if not for Timmy T.
    This was not the same team last night they looked terrible in their own zone and even our regular def. were unable to make a decent play out of our zone. The kids are alright but we are in trouble if the forwards cant maintain pressure in the offensive zone. Bottom line losing Wides is one too many. This is just a sign of a very good team. They win even with several injuries and not playing up to par. THANKS PC.
    [/Quote]

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from duinne. Show duinne's posts

wideman

Pssst - the Bruins HAVE the best defense in the league. Take a look at the standings: They have allowed the fewest goals in the NHL (tied with the Wild). And that's with two of their best defensemen currently on the shelf. And their goals scored/goals allowed differential is +33, second only to San Jose's +39.

"Jay Bo"'s stock is dropping like a stone. He's a career minus-30, and from what I saw out there vs. Boston, he looked like a pylon. He also carries a $5 million cap hit, and is a UFA at the end of the season. Forget it.
    This team looks tremendous. The last thing the Bruins want to do is mess with the chemistry, especially with a blockbuster deal. Don't mess up a good thing.