WILL BRUINS FANS BOO KESSEL IN BOSTON

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from brunod. Show brunod's posts

WILL BRUINS FANS BOO KESSEL IN BOSTON

In my opinion they will, because they think he left because of CJ and the almighty BUCK. But that is not totally true, the fans will boo him because they think he left us high and dry.
    If you were the rumor of trades since his 2nd year and then in the 2009 Draft would you feel comfortable  staying with that team who drafted you. I know I would be looking for a new home. The Bruins did not show they wanted him after making many more signings before talking to him.
    Phil did not  want to sign with the Bruins because he thought they didn't want him and TO did with the money he thought he was worth.
    The Bruins got their 1st round picks and Kess got  his BUCKS. The whole thing will not even out for years because the Bruins won't know what they will get and TO will have their scorer.
    While the B's still look for their new sniper and sometimes stuggule to score will this be all worth it, only time will tell.
    Kessel has one more goal than any of the Bruins top snipers and has missed more than a month of the season and the Bruins will have to find that sniper to replace him, good luck.
    PC has learned a hard lesson and the Briuns will soon have to pay. It dosen't matter who's right or wrong but Kessel will be trying to score and beat the Bruins when he comes in here. Bruins fans will boo that but not Kessel himself.
    The bruins will sign someone who can score but what a lesson we have learned. The Bruins have to sign more Offensive type players and a Kessel type player is a good place to start. WE will learn from this experience and good luck Phil.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Brian030731. Show Brian030731's posts

Re: WILL BRUINS FANS BOO KESSEL IN BOSTON

Bruins fans with any brains should boo Peter Chiarelli and this inept ownership and not Kessel. It is a buisness as Jeremy Jacobs always so warmly reminds us.

If you knew someone else would pay you $5.2 Million and your current employer would only be willing to pay you $3.5-$4 Million who would you sign with. Why would you sign a contract when you knew you had a much larger one out there? The kid is freaking 22! Think back to when you were 22.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from bruinsking. Show bruinsking's posts

did anyone hear his interview before the buffalo game . he has talent but he is not the brightest lightbulb in the lamp. i won't boo him but i sure hope we beat him and keep him from scoring.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from lereve77. Show lereve77's posts

Why not, he plays for freaking Toronto. Boo everybody! 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from STFU-Yankee-fans. Show STFU-Yankee-fans's posts

I'm hoping he's lined up againt the Chara line. I would like to see Chara put him through the glass. He no longer wears a bruins sweater. He has become the emeny.....Everytime he's touches the puck he gets knocked down to the ice.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

In Response to Re: WILL BRUINS FANS BOO KESSEL IN BOSTON:
    Bruins fans with any brains should boo Peter Chiarelli and this inept ownership and not Kessel. It is a buisness as Jeremy Jacobs always so warmly reminds us. If you knew someone else would pay you $5.2 Million and your current employer would only be willing to pay you $3.5-$4 Million who would you sign with. Why would you sign a contract when you knew you had a much larger one out there? The kid is freaking 22! Think back to when you were 22.
    Posted by Brian030731

But that's not the whole story.  There are bonuses for playoff rounds won, there's also prestige in winning a Stanely cup.  I've turned down job offers that were significantly higher than my current salary, one of them for double my salary. Why?  The companies who offered me that much were desperate for my talent and I would learn nothing new, but only do for them what I've proven I could already do for someone else.  I knew it would only be a short term gain and that I would lose in the long run.

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Brian030731. Show Brian030731's posts

In Response to Re: WILL BRUINS FANS BOO KESSEL IN BOSTON : But that's not the whole story.  There are bonuses for playoff rounds won, there's also prestige in winning a Stanely cup.  I've turned down job offers that were significantly higher than my current salary, one of them for double my salary. Why?  The companies who offered me that much were desperate for my talent and I would learn nothing new, but only do for them what I've proven I could already do for someone else.  I knew it would only be a short term gain and that I would lose in the long run.
    Posted by BadHabitude

Cmon badhabit you are really really reaching here. Playoff bonuses! You think a few thousand for losing a playoff round would make a a player give up millions in salary? Give me a break.

As far as the Stanley Cup do you honestly believe the Bruins are a true Cup contender? This isn't a Marion Hossa situation with the Pens and Wings. This was a 22 year old RFA with a far better offer on the table.

By the way here is a chart on how much players make with their playoff bonuses.

All teams losing in the first round receive $50,000 to be split among the players

All teams losing in the 2nd round receive $100,000 to be split among the players

Both teams losing in the 3rd round receive $200,000 to be split among the players

The loser of the Stanley Cup Final receives $500,000 to be split among the players

The winner of the Stanley Cup receives $1,000,000 to be split among the players.

This is NHL money, and does not come from the owners.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from 4everbruins. Show 4everbruins's posts

LIke it was said earlier, you won't know how this deal really pans out for some time. In the short term, Phil will have to be happy with a fatter pay cheque, because that's about all he's going to be able to enjoy with the lackluster, wind sucking Leafs.

As for the B's, they are starting to come together and put wins together, which is a very good sign, regardless of how they win them.

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from davecarr. Show davecarr's posts

Oh sure, we should have sacrificed half the team so we couuld afford Kessel. Why, so we could have one great superstar and a bunch of duds to have him play next to?

You don't need a crystal ball to see how that turns out. Simply look at his new team's record and laugh!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from dkrejci46. Show dkrejci46's posts

They should give him a standing ovation for showing them what real talent is. He was always classy in Boston but didn't like the coach. I remember Claude the player. He was awful. An artist like Kessel should not have to suffer under such a fool. I will be booing the bald headed brainless nimrods that run this franchise...Chia, Clod and JJ
    Posted by nashville0303

ahahahhahhahahahhahhahah you are so dumb.
    "an artist" like kessel....this ain't the freakin ballet, this is hockey, another reason why kessel wasn't worth 5.4

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Believe1. Show Believe1's posts

I'm going to the game Saturday and I'm not booing Kessel.  Just going to cheer like crazy when we have a big "W" on the jumbotron.  #81 made a deal and left town.  Glad we signed Savard instead.  You pick and choose and toss the dice.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

Lafleur's last game at the Gahden Bruin fans gave hima standing ovation.  This is the same guy that took away at least two cups from the Bruins and yet the classy fans of Boston gave him a standing O.
    I urge all real fans of hockey to cheer Kessel and if anyone boos let the cheering get louder. 
    Even the Bruin players will get a boost from this. That's class !
    See there's a difference, it's not that  we want to cheer him to beat the Bruins,  we're cheering him for all the good and joy he brought us while he was here.
    Be respectful Boston.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from islamorada. Show islamorada's posts

Lafleur's last game at the Gahden Bruin fans gave hima standing ovation.  This is the same guy that took away at least two cups from the Bruins and yet the classy fans of Boston gave him a standing O. I urge all real fans of hockey to cheer Kessel and if anyone boos let the cheering get louder.  Even the Bruin players will get a boost from this. That's class ! See there's a difference, it's not that  we want to cheer him to beat the Bruins,  we're cheering him for all the good and joy he brought us while he was here. Be respectful Boston.
    Posted by BsLegion

I completely agree!  Yet he should keep his head up going over the blue line like all opponents.  

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

In Response to Re: WILL BRUINS FANS BOO KESSEL IN BOSTON : Cmon badhabit you are really really reaching here. Playoff bonuses! You think a few thousand for losing a playoff round would make a a player give up millions in salary? Give me a break. As far as the Stanley Cup do you honestly believe the Bruins are a true Cup contender? This isn't a Marion Hossa situation with the Pens and Wings. This was a 22 year old RFA with a far better offer on the table. By the way here is a chart on how much players make with their playoff bonuses. All teams losing in the first round receive $50,000 to be split among the players All teams losing in the 2nd round receive $100,000 to be split among the players Both teams losing in the 3rd round receive $200,000 to be split among the players The loser of the Stanley Cup Final receives $500,000 to be split among the players The winner of the Stanley Cup receives $1,000,000 to be split among the players. This is NHL money, and does not come from the owners.
    Posted by Brian030731

OK, you're right, I was stretching it for the playoff bonuses, I thought it was more.

You must admit, Boston is a LOT closer to a Stanley Cup than Toronto.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from fireballer58. Show fireballer58's posts

I'll be at the game SATURDAY ! I'll boo him till the cows come home!

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheRocket9. Show TheRocket9's posts

In Response to Re: WILL BRUINS FANS BOO KESSEL IN BOSTON : OK, you're right, I was stretching it for the playoff bonuses, I thought it was more. You must admit, Boston is a LOT closer to a Stanley Cup than Toronto.
    Posted by BadHabitude

That is like arguing over who is the tallest midget! Both have no shot.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Canbostondoit. Show Canbostondoit's posts

If we Boo him then we will be like the low life Canadien fans booing players who don't want play hockey in Montreal. I got nothing against Kessel we got two first picks for him that worth cheering about. LETS GO BRUINS

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Heelsox. Show Heelsox's posts

Kessel's a thing of the past. He should get no different treatment than Thomas Kaberle gets. He didn't contribute anything good(deep playoff run, stanley cup, mvp, etc.) but he didn't do anything bad. He's just a regular player wearing white and blue thursday. Treat him as such.

Taylor Hall will look much better in black and gold anyways.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from rectumjuice. Show rectumjuice's posts

BOO Chiarelli

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

Heelsox , on saturday.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Heelsox. Show Heelsox's posts

haha oops...saturday is what I mean. I was trying to text and type at the same time:S

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

haha oops...saturday is what I mean. I was trying to text and type at the same time:S
    Posted by Heelsox

You're not totally wrong as I think they play the Leafs on the 10th also and that's next thursday. Wink

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

I'll be at the game SATURDAY!I'll boo him till the cows come home!Posted by fireballer58

And throw a fastball right by his head Huh Jonathan ? LoL!

PS. That ESPN video is still giving me nightmares Fireballer...

Sections
Shortcuts