WILL BRUINS FANS BOO KESSEL IN BOSTON

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from dkrejci46. Show dkrejci46's posts

Re: WILL BRUINS FANS BOO KESSEL IN BOSTON

you know marco, I think you are confusing "Kessel-haters" and "non-management-haters," the two are not synonymous. I am 100% sure that you would say i am one of the "dumbest fans on the blog," as you so eloquently put it, and I am not a Kessel hater, I do however, think management dealt with the situation this off season in the correct manner. Hell, I've left junior teams because I didn't like the coach, or didn't believe in the system, this is the same thing just magnified because of his production and salary demands.
    What would you have them do? fire the head coach (Jack Adams winner) and completely change the on-ice philosophy of the organization because a young sniper wasn't happy? you can't do that, next thing you know you have him saying, you know what, i think i wanna play center, wanna move bergy over to the wing for me? you have to take the bellichek like approach. Do you think he would have let a player miss workouts and such? can't do it. I'm actually a big Kessel fan, I don't think he's a superstar, but I would have loved to have him in a Boston uniform for the next 5 years. However, he forced his way out of town. I recognize that the bruins management had no other option (had they not traded him they would have wound up with a worse deal for kessel when he signed an offer sheet) but to move him, and although I would have preferred it not be a division rival, it appears that PC and company got a more than fair price for him. Fans that have more faith in the management than you are not automatically "kessel haters," i know I'm not.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from soups-7. Show soups-7's posts

I will be there, I am not going to boo Phil. I will boo Komisarek though, no love lost there. I wish Looch was in the lineup for a throwdown.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from crono420. Show crono420's posts

I'm not going to go out of my way to boo phil, but I certainly hope he gets his azz kicked by a Bruins player when he comes to town. Woops I forgot, Kessel doesn't fight, too small and wimpy.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from woodtick7. Show woodtick7's posts

Listen Marco i will bring up stats again Moron. Kessel 236 NHL games 74 goals
    where Kane has 55 in 188 games. Kane 9 goals this year Kessel 8 goals, yeah in know kessel has played less games.  Last year of there junior or college days Kane 68 goals in the OHL, Kessel 39 games at U of Minnesota.

Bs legion brought up a great point on the Devils no matter who has coached them for the past 20 years they are a defensive team.

What you don't see is the big picture here without Kessel we are able to obtain dpicks and sign good players right off are own roster.

Should we have given Kessel 5-6 mill for one 36 goal season.

Lastly i full expect the juvenile response like previously well Kane beat up a cab driver what the hell has that do with it.

Bs legion could type in coma and make more sense then you.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from crono420. Show crono420's posts

The team seems just fine w/o him. As long as we have Savard, Krejci, and Bergeron as out centers. We will be just fine.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Kurako. Show Kurako's posts

Kessel is a talented player who has the ability to be a true star but the very best players have a good work ethic to go with their abilities. In going to Toronto he got a big pay rise but lost pretty much any chance of playing play-off hockey for the next couple of seasons.

He's scoring a lot due to an increase in shooting chances because he's the centre of attention on a bad team. If he's motivated by personal rather than team glory he's in the right place so good luck to him.

I'll be watching the game and cheering every time he gets dumped on his rear end Tongue out

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from fireballer58. Show fireballer58's posts

You guys lets be real here though. He's not just "another player" like some of you guys say. He's a great goal scorer with a great shot and great puck control. You guys try to say he's average and make yourself feel good but the truth is he is a great goal scorer who I think will eventually pot 50 in a season. We got three really good picks for him and thats it. Some of you guys say he isnt physical or willing though, well I don't see Lucic flying up the wing netting thirty goals, I don't see Savard hammering people down low. I love those guys, and those areas just aren't their strengths. Kessel was a goal scorer and that was his job. He had a bad attitude and was driven out of Beantown because he thought he was a 5M a year player, which the Leafs thought he was.

Bottom line of this post: Lets remember that Kessel is an awesome player and not just another body out there. He was good at what he was supposed to do (score). GO BRUINS

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from woodtick7. Show woodtick7's posts

In Response to Re: WILL BRUINS FANS BOO KESSEL IN BOSTON:
    [QUOTE]You guys lets be real here though. He's not just "another player" like some of you guys say. He's a great goal scorer with a great shot and great puck control. You guys try to say he's average and make yourself feel good but the truth is he is a great goal scorer who I think will eventually pot 50 in a season. We got three really good picks for him and thats it. Some of you guys say he isnt physical or willing though, well I don't see Lucic flying up the wing netting thirty goals, I don't see Savard hammering people down low. I love those guys, and those areas just aren't their strengths. Kessel was a goal scorer and that was his job. He had a bad attitude and was driven out of Beantown because he thought he was a 5M a year player, which the Leafs thought he was. Bottom line of this post: Lets remember that Kessel is an awesome player and not just another body out there. He was good at what he was supposed to do (score). GO BRUINS
    Posted by fireballer58[/QUOTE]

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from no1bruinsfan. Show no1bruinsfan's posts

I have to chuckle everytime i read your comments marco because I think you are totally delusional if you consider Phil Kessel to be a franchise player.  Franchise players are ones that can carry their teams to victory on most nights, they inspire their team mates and give it everything they have when they are on the ice.

Kessel is a good hockey player but not one that i would consider a superstar and definitely not a franchise player. Kessel couldn't lead a revolt in a female prison with a fistful of pardons. I get to see him play on a regular basis when the leafs are on tv.  Its the same old story this year as it was last year. he has moments of brilliance and long periods where he is totally invisible. He skates fast toward the offensive end, has a great shot, is afraid to hit or be hit and couldnt' find his way into the defensive end if it was clearly marked out for him.  As for the current management of the Bs, their team is once again one of the top teams in the NHL after having a horrible start. If they are so bad what do you call all these other management teams.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from mattbs. Show mattbs's posts

Clod - Coach of the Year
    Chia - Brought the B's back from the ashes of the Thornton trade to a first place team and a contender for years to come.
    JJ - Spending at the salary cap.

Will you only be satisfied when they wave their hand and protect all the players from injuries, sickness and disease come playoffs?

[QUOTE]They should give him a standing ovation for showing them what real talent is. He was always classy in Boston but didn't like the coach. I remember Claude the player. He was awful. An artist like Kessel should not have to suffer under such a fool. I will be booing the bald headed brainless nimrods that run this franchise...Chia, Clod and JJ
    Posted by nashville0303[/QUOTE]

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from BruinsUSA. Show BruinsUSA's posts

[QUOTE]Clod - Coach of the Year Chia - Brought the B's back from the ashes of the Thornton trade to a first place team and a contender for years to come. JJ - Spending at the salary cap. Will you only be satisfied when they wave their hand and protect all the players from injuries, sickness and disease come playoffs? In Response to Re: WILL BRUINS FANS BOO KESSEL IN BOSTON :
    Posted by mattbs[/QUOTE]

Well said, Marc Savard's signing has just further proved what a tremendous job this management group has done. Savard a guy with so much more credibility at this point in his career compared to Kessel knows how far this group has come and wants to continue to be a part of it. Kessel deserves nothing but boos he is a p***y and I hope he gets put through the glass.