will edm force bs hand?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from bruins8. Show bruins8's posts

will edm force bs hand?

if edm get 1st pick do you think they tell chia we are gonna take hall..even know they really want seguin the center?  and tell chia we want your pick to move up to #1 and you can select hall?  i would if i were edm because the bs cleary dont need seguin another center...and hall agent is orr so clearly he wants to play here..just a thought

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from No4BobbyOrr-GOAT. Show No4BobbyOrr-GOAT's posts

Re: will edm force bs hand?

Nobody moves a cheap scoring winger who is also the #1 for nothing.

We might have to give them Wideman and Sturm as compensation and 10M to pay their salary.LOL(Hope they bite)

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from KrayzieJoe. Show KrayzieJoe's posts

In that case, we just draft Seguin and trade him or someone else for a scoring winger.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from BruinsFaninOntario. Show BruinsFaninOntario's posts

Tell Tambellini in Edmonton that he can su ck PC's d!ck. We'll give them a #2 for the swap of #1s, that's it. The difference between Hall and Seguin isn't that great.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from BruWingFan. Show BruWingFan's posts

If the B's finish with the #2 pick I'd take whichever player the Oilers don't. Either player will help Boston. IMO unless the player who will go at #1 is an 'Ovechkin' I wouldn't jump through hoops to move up 1 spot.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from whitbomb. Show whitbomb's posts

The Bruins have a lot of picks maybe they can throw in a 2nd round pick to Edmonton to ensure that the Bruijns end up with Taylor Hall. The Oilers are in a total rebuild so one extra pick might do the trick.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from BruWingFan. Show BruWingFan's posts

In Response to Re: will edm force bs hand?:
    [QUOTE]The Bruins have a lot of picks maybe they can throw in a 2nd round pick to Edmonton to ensure that the Bruijns end up with Taylor Hall. The Oilers are in a total rebuild so one extra pick might do the trick.
    Posted by whitbomb[/QUOTE]

I'd buy that if Edmonton was willing. Even if the B's included a 3rd or 4th round pick in 2011 as an added incentive it would be a decent deal.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from joeschmo25. Show joeschmo25's posts

I could see Edmonton trying to pull that trick, but idk if Chiarelli would bite on it. I think he'd take Seguin and bide his time, or trade down a spot or two, collect the extra picks and take somebody like Fowler or Gudbranson (depending on how far he wants to trade down). I'd take Seguin and see what we can do about the logjam at center though, in my opinion he's too talented to pass up (and the Yzerman comparisons that Central Scouting makes is downright awesome).

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from ViewFrom311. Show ViewFrom311's posts

Absolutely, Edmonton will try to force Chia's hand in that situation.  I believe Chia should do it.  The Bruins really don't need a 4th centerman next year and making a deal like that would be a great public relations move for the franchise after the outrage from the trade deadline in which he held on to all his extra picks...here's a good place to use them!

Assuming Krejci/Bergy/Savvy are all healthy next year, bringing Seguin into the lineup to get 4th line minutes with 4th line players would not be good for his development.  You'd almost have to trade one of the existing centermen or play someone on the wing.

Edmonton can just spin it that they wanted Seguin anyways and got an extra pick to boot.  Everybody wins.  We only lose if #3 thru #6 wins the lottery and knocks the Bruins down to #3 (assuming TOR finishes 29th).

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from joeschmo25. Show joeschmo25's posts

They wouldn't have Seguin as the 4th line center, they'd either move Krecji and/or Bergeron to the wing or they'd trade one of them. If they didn't change them then Seguin would go back to Plymouth for another season. The 4th line is for checking line/ energy players, and Chiarelli would rather take flak and send Seguin back to Plymouth then have him develop into a checking line player.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from BruWingFan. Show BruWingFan's posts

[QUOTE]Absolutely, Edmonton will try to force Chia's hand in that situation.  I believe Chia should do it.  The Bruins really don't need a 4th centerman next year and making a deal like that would be a great public relations move for the franchise after the outrage from the trade deadline in which he held on to all his extra picks...here's a good place to use them! Assuming Krejci/Bergy/Savvy are all healthy next year, bringing Seguin into the lineup to get 4th line minutes with 4th line players would not be good for his development.  You'd almost have to trade one of the existing centermen or play someone on the wing. Edmonton can just spin it that they wanted Seguin anyways and got an extra pick to boot.  Everybody wins.  We only lose if #3 thru #6 wins the lottery and knocks the Bruins down to #3 (assuming TOR finishes 29th).
    Posted by ViewFrom311[/QUOTE]

I agree that it would be a waste to have him on the 4th line. But considering Savvy's concussion Frown it may not be an issue.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from bruins8. Show bruins8's posts

what if edm wants both tor-bs 1st rd picks....for hall?  legit possibiltiy?    what if w lose lottery and have 3rd pick, do w pick a rookie or does chia pull a danny ainge and trade it for a scorer, just food for thought...it worked for celts if ainge didnt do it the celts never win in 2008 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

Yeah, well, if the equivalent of the Big Ticket is out there and available for a package like the one Ainge put together, maybe you do think about it.  But who's playing the Garnett role here?  And who's Ray Allen, because they don't win in 2008 with just Pierce and Garnett either.  Maybe Eric Staal is the Big Ticket?  Not saying he'd be my first choice, but he sort of fits the profile.  Okay, so - Hi Jim Rutherford?  I'd like to offer you the #3 overall pick to go with your #7 overall pick.  I'll even throw in Blake Wheeler, Marco Sturm, and Matt Hunwick.  And I want Staal.

I think that's much closer to the deal that got Garnett to Boston than just the pick.  And yes, I know Staal's a center, but he was dynamite as a wing in the Olympics.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from No4BobbyOrr-GOAT. Show No4BobbyOrr-GOAT's posts

We don't have the funds for a scorer the way the signings are going.

Sav is an unknown, if his concussion(3rd or 4th career) is as severe as Berg's he could be gone for most of next year or like Lafontaine and Lindros done. With the worst case scenario we are going to need another centre anyhow.

We will have room for at least 2 of Caron Colborne Sauve Seguin and their entry level contracts and they will be able to fill winger/center positions as required, of course that is if they are NHL ready.

We still have to sign 5 Forward and 3 Def replacements for RFA Wheel, Pail, Sob, Stu and Boych and UFA Recchi, Beg, Sat, Thorn all for under 10M.

So the 4 Rooks plus Kempfer would help the cap, but look for Wheeler et al to be trade bait for picks.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from cowboys9. Show cowboys9's posts

I think that Seguin is going to be the better all around player of the two and Bruins will pick him .. He has just been voted #1 by central scouting..for those knocking him in the playoffs , lets just say his team is not even close to Hall's team who have 3 drafted NHL players on the squad.. and the only reason Plymouth is in the playoffs is because of Seguin..

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

Oh, and for the record, if I'm Chiarelli, I call Tambellini's bluff.  I take Seguin at 2 if he takes Hall, or Fowler at 3.  Then I wait.  If my phone rings just before they call me up at #16 and Tambellini repeats the deal, I reject it and see if he calls again at 32.  If he calls, I reject it, but this time I suggest he take the Bruins 2 and 3 for a swap.  If he says no, we wait 14 picks and see if he reconsiders.

If he never reconsiders during the course of the draft, I might reach out one last time to see if he really wants Hall over Seguin.  Offer him the Minny 2nd next year to switch.  Sweeten it if I want Hall that badly, but it wouldn't get to this.  All of this is moot.  No way does Tambellini choose the player he ranks second just to spite the Bruins.  The only way that happens is if he thinks the two are a dead heat.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from BruWingFan. Show BruWingFan's posts

[QUOTE]what if edm wants both tor-bs 1st rd picks....for hall?  legit possibiltiy?    what if w lose lottery and have 3rd pick, do w pick a rookie or does chia pull a danny ainge and trade it for a scorer, just food for thought...it worked for celts if ainge didnt do it the celts never win in 2008 
    Posted by bruins8[/QUOTE]

Both 1st rounders for Hall... I'll pass

B's have the 3rd pick... I'll take one of the D-men, Fowler or Gudbranson. Fowler is more offensive minded but Gudbranson is a much more physical player. Both have the skills to be franchise players.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from rolerhoky19. Show rolerhoky19's posts

I think if we dont Draft 1 or 2, we trade down, pick up one of the other D men predicted to go slightly lower, (or one of the other forwards) and probably trade up at our second pick..

Maybe pick 5th and 12th over all for instance..

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from bim09. Show bim09's posts

I'd be agreeable to trading down to 5th if we're out of the top 2.  Maybe target those high 2nd rounders Telegin, Kabanov and Skinner with Florida and Columbus' picks.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from bandgbleeder. Show bandgbleeder's posts

Edmonton needs almost everything. They are even worse off than Toronto was before Burke started rebuilding. Anyone they draft in the top five is going to improve them, and drafting them #1 and not trading down for someone is damned good PR.

I wouldn't mind seeing the Bruins trade their Toronto pick for a proven young player like Zach Parise, Bobby Ryan or Corey Perry, who also shows some leadership and fire. Perry's salary is a bit high (not undeserved), but Parise's is great and if NJ are going to sign Kovulchuck, someones gonna get moved.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from camneely1983. Show camneely1983's posts

Edm or Bos will get BOTH Hall and Seguin in some messed up trade at the deadline.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from dustyisacat. Show dustyisacat's posts

[QUOTE]I'd be agreeable to trading down to 5th if we're out of the top 2.  Maybe target those high 2nd rounders Telegin, Kabanov and Skinner with Florida and Columbus' picks.
    Posted by bim09[/QUOTE]

Don't know a lot about Telegin but if we got either Kabanov or Skinner in the 2nd round I'll be dancing in the streets.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from bim09. Show bim09's posts

He's big, very skilled and he knows how to finish.  Telegin

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from JWensink. Show JWensink's posts

It's really not a case of who's better ... Hall or Seguin
    It's about the type of players they are
    The Bruins are in desperate need of a dynamic offensive player, someone with bigtime speed, someone who can create their own offense.
    That seems like Hall all the way. I think they should strongly consider doing whatever is needed to get him if possible. We need a gamebreaker !

Sections
Shortcuts