will it be taylor hall or tyler seguin

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

Re: will it be taylor hall or tyler seguin

In Response to Re: will it be taylor hall or tyler seguin:
    [QUOTE]to clear things up, im a season ticket holder for the past 21 years, who unlike most, go to the games and watch the road games even travel to a few..so my knowledge of the bs and hockey in general is very good..im very happy we are getting a high pick and hope he is a 40 goal guy for the next 10 yrs..but isnt that what we had in kessel? anyway kes is gone and i have moved on..the mis conception of myself from you fans is i think you dont understand me...i personally think the bs are in great position to grab a solid player in the draft but to pencil him in next to savard next year is a little much no? i love the bs and im on your side on this..i just wish you guys would really think about next years team abd stop thinking a 18 yr old who we may not get will step in and ride shotgun with svarard
    Posted by bruins8[/QUOTE                                                                       BRUINS8 VS HALL SEGUIN AND FOWLER DUMB POST #54 : because these guys have high end offensive abilities and you keep repeating yourself when you know NOTHING about them .  So yes like winexpos says it easy to understand you because you ARE slamming them every post you make about them. And yes in today's NHL draft picks do step right in and perform well. If you did your research you'd know that.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from dustyisacat. Show dustyisacat's posts

to clear things up, im a season ticket holder for the past 21 years, who unlike most, go to the games and watch the road games even travel to a few..so my knowledge of the bs and hockey in general is very good..im very happy we are getting a high pick and hope he is a 40 goal guy for the next 10 yrs..but isnt that what we had in kessel? anyway kes is gone and i have moved on..the mis conception of myself from you fans is i think you dont understand me...i personally think the bs are in great position to grab a solid player in the draft but to pencil him in next to savard next year is a little much no? i love the bs and im on your side on this..i just wish you guys would really think about next years team abd stop thinking a 18 yr old who we may not get will step in and ride shotgun with svarard
    Posted by bruins8

bruins8 it is obvious by your posts you are a diehard B's fan and I applaud you for that. On the other hand it is obvious by your other posts that you have zero knowledge on Jr. hockey and how fast some of them step into the NHL. Your comments are basically .................. 100% wrong on these kids abilities. Why don't you open your ears and listen to what people who watch the OHL have to say about these kids as we would do the same listening to you about prospects in the Boston area. Too much talking and not enough listening !

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from marco1001. Show marco1001's posts

i want hall, he is a great skater and can score.

bruins need ofense, seguin looks real good , although he has plenty of goals in the ohl , they project him  ore of a playmaker i the nhl. This is not what i am saying it is what i heard from tsn who do follow the ohl very closely.

again , we need to get hall.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from bruins8. Show bruins8's posts

i dont watch ohl hockey...but i do follow what people say about these guys and watch them at times when they are on tv..your right i dont know much about hall or sequin, but im willing to bet they will not be a 40 goal guy next season....you can talk all you want about guys that are here producing but none have been 1st yr 40 goal scores except crosby ovechkin and these 2 guys are not that type player....sure in time they become the 40 goal guy but my whole point is addressing the team in the immediate future..unrealistic to think anyone 18 yrs old will instantly become a legit star...this is the nhl not ohl people!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from winexpos. Show winexpos's posts

In Response to Re: will it be taylor hall or tyler seguin : bruins8 it is obvious by your posts you are a diehard B's fan and I applaud you for that. On the other hand it is obvious by your other posts that you have zero knowledge on Jr. hockey and how fast some of them step into the NHL. Your comments are basically .................. 100% wrong on these kids abilities. Why don't you open your ears and listen to what people who watch the OHL have to say about these kids as we would do the same listening to you about prospects in the Boston area. Too much talking and not enough listening !
    Posted by dustyisacat

Can keep telling him but your right if he doesn't want to listen it doesn't matter what anyone who watches OHL games says.

I happen to be an OHL season ticket holder so I see many of these up and coming players and know that these three players are going to go far in their NHL careers.
    Expecting to see a great game Thurs as all three Hall, Seguin and Fowler play.  Spits against Whalers 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

i dont watch ohl hockey...but i do follow what people say about these guys and watch them at times when they are on tv..your right i dont know much about hall or sequin, but im willing to bet they will not be a 40 goal guy next season....you can talk all you want about guys that are here producing but none have been 1st yr 40 goal scores except crosby ovechkin and these 2 guys are not that type player....sure in time they become the 40 goal guy but my whole point is addressing the team in the immediate future..unrealistic to think anyone 18 yrs old will instantly become a legit star...this is the nhl not ohl people!
    Posted by bruins8

BRUINS8 VS HALL SEGUIN AND FOWLER DUMB POST# 55 : dusty is right bruins8 about you changing your reasons why you are bashing these players. You are all over the MAP with your comments . Where I come from they call this b-llsh--ing. You have repeatedly stated they are not good enough to play in the NHL next year. THE COUNT CONTINUES. By the way Crosby didn't hit your magic 40 goal mark till this year either . You might as well put him in on your magic 40 goal list too !

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from bruins8. Show bruins8's posts

my only point all along had been the immediate future..i say if we can get a proven 40 goal scorer for the next 5 yrs while savard krejci are here then i would trade the pick....thats my only point along with i just feel excpetations for this kid we might not even get is way to high at this point...people keep penciling in colburne, alexandrov, marchand, hamill, hall/sequin, and on and on, like they will be main stays in boston next season..man i wish you all were right...but look at this yr's team we need help more than anything and these guys still havent made our team!  i guess what im trying to say is if we could trade that pick for a signed kovalchuk at the draft or even another young 40 goal guy..you do it

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from bruins8. Show bruins8's posts

i do understand the importance of drafting and developing kids, and these days the kids are more nhl ready than in years past, but despite how things have went this yr..i still think the core of this bruins team is in their prime...and to waste them would be a bad move..last yr they were very close..this yr injuries and the loss of kessel have really hurt them...i think next yr this team can be dominate again..but need to get kes replacement..and im sorry i dont think hall or sequin next year is that guy...sure they can be down the road...but unrealistic to think they are that guy for next season...do you want to wait 2 more years and even thats being generous..for these kids to develop and hopefully become difference makers..wouldnt you rather have savard in his primne passing the puck to  kovalchuk, kessel, 40 goal guy for next 5 yrs guarenteed?  im not sure there is a 40 goal guy to trade for but thats chia's job..but if he can find that guy how do you not make the trade....

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from bruins8. Show bruins8's posts

does anyone remember alex daigle? how that work out?  angelo espisito?  for bs sake cameron mann....lit up ahl.....how about peter ferraro?  dominate jr players up in nhl world not so...im not saying hall-sequin will become this but slow down the calder trophy predictions before we draft the guy

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from rolerhoky19. Show rolerhoky19's posts

Bruins8 is just a die hard kessel backer, most of his comments are geared tot he fact that neither of the kids will hit 40 goals, or be as good as kessel, (mean while, kessel now in his 4th season has not hit 40 goals you know?)..

Bruins8 you should realize that several kids are stepping straight out of the draft each year to make an immediate impact on their NHL squads. Most of the top 2 picks are having a bigger impact then kessel did in his first season, as well as through this point in their careers..

Would you trade kessel for Stamkos, absolutely, how about kessel for the right to draft stamkos, or drew doughty, absolutely...

He is gone, didn't want to be here.. he is not the greatest skater to ever lace them up let it go...

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from rolerhoky19. Show rolerhoky19's posts

John Tavares
    Victor Hedman

Steven Stampkos
    Drew Doughty

Patrick Kane
    James Van Riemsdyk

Erik Johnson
    Jordan Staal

Sidney Crosby
    Bobby Ryan

Alexander Ovechkin
    Evgeni Malkin

Marc-Andre Fleury
    Eric Staal

Rick Nash
    Kari Lehtonen

Ilya Kovalchuk
    Jason Spezza

Rick DiPietro
    Dany Heatley

Patrik Stefan
    Daniel Sedin

Vincent Lecavalier
    David Legwand

Joe Thornton
    Patrick Marleau

thats the past 10 years draft history numbers 1 and 2, how many of though guys would you take kessel over, how many of those guys took years to develop??  3 maybe 4..

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from bruins8. Show bruins8's posts

this isnt about kessel   this is about nexts yr bs team   what 40 goal kid is playing with savard?   but now if u want to talk about kessel... (kessel would have 40 playing healthy with savard by the way)  in fact bottom line here is kessel next season will have more goals than sequin or hall that i promise!  but again i just want to know who is playing with savard next yr...thats why we trade this pick for a proven 40 goal guy....if not we keep the pick 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from rolerhoky19. Show rolerhoky19's posts

Kessel would have 40 with savard based on what? there is nothing to back that up.. its speculation.. the I don't think your even aware of how many 40 goal guys are available, and who scores 40 that is available for a 1st rounder who isnt a rental..

you have said time and time again none of these guys will score as many as kessel, or would be as good as kessel, etc.. there is your draft history, for the long term good of the franchise how many of those guys would you give up for kessel, maybe 3,4.. and Dipietro is kind of a tough call since he's a great goalie when he is healthy, its not like the Isles ever saw the injuries coming when they had drafted him..

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from bruins8. Show bruins8's posts

they maybe better than kessel in the future but not in the immediate future like say next season...40 goals with savard based on the 36 last season after missing sometime... 

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from stevegm. Show stevegm's posts

i do understand the importance of drafting and developing kids, and these days the kids are more nhl ready than in years past, but despite how things have went this yr..i still think the core of this bruins team is in their prime...and to waste them would be a bad move..last yr they were very close..this yr injuries and the loss of kessel have really hurt them...i think next yr this team can be dominate again..but need to get kes replacement..and im sorry i dont think hall or sequin next year is that guy...sure they can be down the road...but unrealistic to think they are that guy for next season...do you want to wait 2 more years and even thats being generous..for these kids to develop and hopefully become difference makers..wouldnt you rather have savard in his primne passing the puck to  kovalchuk, kessel, 40 goal guy for next 5 yrs guarenteed?  im not sure there is a 40 goal guy to trade for but thats chia's job..but if he can find that guy how do you not make the trade....
    Posted by bruins8

Everybody's being pretty tough on bruins 8.  This forum is only about opinion, and ya gotta give bruins 8 kudos for not giving up on trying to sell his.  Wish some of our players were as passionate on the ice, as bruins is here.  Regardless of his knowledge of OHL hockey, or the often stated flip flops in his opinions of our potential picks...his most recent postings, challenging our collective hype about next year,  make sense.  The clock is ticking with our core.  Hall or Seguin will probably not bring our team to elite status in year one.  Bobby Orr didn't, Guy La Fleur didn't, nor did Crosby or Ovechkin.  All really took their teams to the next level in years 2+
    Don Cherry stated the other day, the loss of Kessel was huge, in that it also handcuffed Savy and his potential.
    If I may attempt to "interpret" Bruins comments on this particular thread, I'll offer this up.

Fine, Kessel's gone.  Whether we didn't want him, he didn't want to be here, or any combination of the 2....his offense needed to be replaced fairly immediately.  This team is built for "now", not when our core is 2 years older.  Most offensive studs have defensive liabilities, and moving forward, this team needs to embrace their positives, and not insist they become muckers(which we seem to have done for the past several years).  Again, the future looks good, but, this years draft alone, probably won't put us over the top in 10\11.

If that's what bruins 8 is saying.......

It certainly makes "some" sense.

My thoughts are on the draft, but also 3 other key things in the forseeable future.  I don't like our odds getting in the show if Savy's done, and what in the world are we gonna do next year, if Wideman and Ryder don't significantly upgrade their game.  What can we do with those 2 contacts going into next year?  
    Any thoughts?   

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from bruins8. Show bruins8's posts

thank you steve gm  and for all other posters im sorry if i didnt express myself more directly for you to understand... the window is closing...i love the bs as much as all you fans do...i love these boards because despite different opinions..we are all here because we care about the team..we are the fans that should fill the arena..fans with passion, loyalty and heart...win lose im with the bs....chara savard time is now for them...and thomas also..we are getting great top caliber goaltending..all we need with health..is that 1 scorer and maybe 1 big banger and if we can a good dman away from really having a shot at winning the cup..easier said than done to get those 3 players but thats chia's job...lets hope for the best

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from bluefox70. Show bluefox70's posts

Edmonton will get Hall.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

BRUINS8 VS HALL SEGUIN FOWLER DUMB POSTS # 57, 58, 59, 60, 61, 62.  (#57)Well bruins8 here we go again . Why would you trade your 1st for Kovalchuk this summer ? Who are you going with ? He's a UFA. Dumb post.(#57 & #58) We don't make that trade because we aren't as close as you say we are. And thank God Chiarelli doesn't have your brain in his head . Dumb posts. (#60) And for every Daigle that doesn't turn out there is a ton more who have. e.g. see rolerhockey's list. Cam Mann was 4th rounder by the way. Peter Ferraro was picked 24th in 1992 . Why you picked him as an example is beyond me and hilarious ? Angelo Esposito was picked  20th . Pretty poor comparisons considering we're talking top 3 players in this years draft. Dumb post.  (#61) Man crush on Kessel . Dumb post. (#62) #62 is really not a dumb post from bruins8 as he says he has passion and cares about the B's like MOST of us on these boards. Kudo's for not slamming Hall , Seguin or Fowler. 

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from bruins8. Show bruins8's posts

this team is not an 8th place team no matter what anyone says..they are there today because of non stop injuries to key players..injuries in  the bs case is a fact not an excuse..this team without a few players is sane team that had 116 pts so i say they are 1 sniper away from the cup  and yes a sign and trade for kovalchuk for the next 5 years will be much better than drafting hall or sequin..im not a huge kessel fan..i jut think his 40 goals is a huge loss (sorry his 36)...i think the core is here now and the time is now this offseason to surround chARA and savy with someone like kovalchuk not hall or sequin thats all im trying to say

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Stanleycomehome. Show Stanleycomehome's posts

BRUINS8 VS HALL SEGUIN FOWLER DUMB POSTS # 57, 58, 59, 60, 61, 62.  (#57)Well bruins8 here we go again . Why would you trade your 1st for Kovalchuk this summer ? Who are you going with ? He's a UFA. Dumb post.(#57 & #58) We don't make that trade because we aren't as close as you say we are. And thank God Chiarelli doesn't have your brain in his head . Dumb posts. (#60) And for every Daigle that doesn't turn out there is a ton more who have. e.g. see rolerhockey's list. Cam Mann was 4th rounder by the way. Peter Ferraro was picked 24th in 1992 . Why you picked him as an example is beyond me and hilarious ? Angelo Esposito was picked  20th . Pretty poor comparisons considering we're talking top 3 players in this years draft. Dumb post.  (#61) Man crush on Kessel . Dumb post. (#62) #62 is really not a dumb post from bruins8 as he says he has passion and cares about the B's like MOST of us on these boards. Kudo's for not slamming Hall , Seguin or Fowler. 
    Posted by Chowdahkid-

they have crosby whoo hoo bergeron will outscore him by atleast 15pts   Apparently bruins8 has a problem with young players this is what he said about crosby heading in to his rookie yr. For the record crosby had 37 more points than bergy,not saying hall or seguin are the next crosby,just a way to grade his predictions

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from stevegm. Show stevegm's posts

In Response to Re: will it be taylor hall or tyler seguin :   stevegm, we appreciate you interpreting bruins8's posts and trying to be a moderator. But if you had been in at the start of this topic  ( read all bruins8 posts ) you would realize what he has said up till now. Every post about the draft he has jumped in to bash these players ( small sample : Hall's too thin , he's a center not a left wing, they'll play in ptown before the NHL, Seguin can't even make the World Jr.s. How is he going to make the NHL ? They won't be in the NHL next year and so on and so on ) He has 62 posts on this topic according to Chowda and if you read them all I think your interpretations on this would change. And as far as our core being built for today. Yes it is , but we are the lowest scoring team in the NHL and in 8th place . We are not Stanley Cup contenders no matter how much you and bruins8  want to believe this. Right now THE BRUINS ARE NOT VERY GOOD AT ALL let alone one sniper away from the Cup. And it hurts me to say that but it's true. Smart GM's and teams that want to get better DO NOT trade top 3 picks away . They try to obtain them. A goal scorer can be obtained through free agency or trade without dealing that top pick. WHY NOT ADD 2 PIECES TO THE PUZZLE RATHER THEN JUST ONE ? It is the right thing for PC to do no matter what bruins8 thinks.
    Posted by dustyisacat

Agreed dusty...we're not that good, and I also agree that trading those picks is a bad idea now.  No one thought we weren't "that good" going into the year though, and all of the ad speak, spewing out of the Bruins PR department last fall hasn't helped things.  Some fans,  are frustrated that "our year" has turned into another rebuilding year.  Having said that, I think PC would have pulled the trigger on a big deal last fall, if one presented itself.  Ryder, Wideman and Lucic had much higher stock then.  My take though, is nothing much was available, or it would have happenned.  Kovulchuck wasn't a reasonable option.  Anyway, those picks look better by the day.  
    Don't think we can obtain much through free agency(cap issues), or a trade(who we want gone...nobody'll take)
     Anyway, for heavens sake, yes....we need to keep those picks.
    Again, does anyone know what options we have next year, regarding Wideman and Ryders contract?s

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

this team is not an 8th place team no matter what anyone says..they are there today because of non stop injuries to key players..injuries in  the bs case is a fact not an excuse..this team without a few players is sane team that had 116 pts so i say they are 1 sniper away from the cup  and yes a sign and trade for kovalchuk for the next 5 years will be much better than drafting hall or sequin..im not a huge kessel fan..i jut think his 40 goals is a huge loss (sorry his 36)...i think the core is here now and the time is now this offseason to surround chARA and savy with someone like kovalchuk not hall or sequin thats all im trying to say
    Posted by bruins8

BRUINS8 VS HALL SEGUIN FOWLER DUMB POST #63: Sign and trade for Kovalchuk ???????????????????? What is that ???????????? This is not the NBA. He is an Unrestricted Free Agent. Do you know what that means ? We don't have to give up anything if we sign him. No team owns his rights . We can have him and keep our first pick without giving up anything . Are you ....... ? DUMB POST .

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from bruins8. Show bruins8's posts

chowdkid relax its an open forum stop using offensive words...grow up

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from stevegm. Show stevegm's posts

In Response to Re: will it be taylor hall or tyler seguin : agree on everything you said . Wideman and Ryder can be bought out but that would count against the cap at a reduced rate for a couple of years I believe. Or they can be sent to the minors, paid their salary and not count against the cap. Maybe somebody else has more specific info.
    Posted by dustyisacat

Kinda thought they could be sent to the minors, and not count but wasn't sure.  For the sake of winning....that may be the only option ensuring a really good year in 10/11. 
    Think JJ wants to win that bad?
    I don't, and that'll totally be his call.  He won't leave that one up to the minions.
    If these 2 don't turn it around....this team is in a really tough spot and for more than just next year.  No money for upgrade trades, re signing good players, or the FA market.
    hope i'm wrong

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from thefly8. Show thefly8's posts

PC will be afraid to make a choice so hell trade the pick for 2 4th rounders.

Sections
Shortcuts