Will the Bruins ever win with Jacobs as the owner?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from TurnpikeDave. Show TurnpikeDave's posts

Bruins will NEVER WIN with Jacobs owning the team

I tend to agree overall, I think making it the second round is the mountain top for this organization.

Just look at who they finaly hired to be there GM, Cheapest option available, what a surprise

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from stillallbost08. Show stillallbost08's posts

[Quote]I tend to agree overall, I think making it the second round is the mountain top for this organization.

Just look at who they finaly hired to be there GM, Cheapest option available, what a surprise
    [/Quote]

LINK?

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from TurnpikeDave. Show TurnpikeDave's posts

[Quote]LINK?[/Quote]

In reguards to what?

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from BlkGold67. Show BlkGold67's posts

Word is Charlie would like to have a parade with the duckboats if the Bruins ever made it to the second round

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from stillallbost08. Show stillallbost08's posts

[Quote]In reguards to what?[/Quote]

wanted the link to the site where you found the salaries for every nhl gm.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from stillallbost08. Show stillallbost08's posts

[Quote]Word is Charlie would like to have a parade with the duckboats if the Bruins ever made it to the second round[/Quote]

just because you like to say it doesn't make it "WORD".

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from lucic007. Show lucic007's posts

blah blah blah. Ownership sucks. Wahhhhhhhh.

Thats all i'm hearing from you fake boston fans.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from cup2009. Show cup2009's posts

JJ is cheap bla bla bla he doesnt sign players bla bla bla, that damm harry sinden he is a puppet of Jacobs, bla bla Ray Bourque needs a championship, why did we get ride of Oates and Junuea bla bla bla bla, oh wait the calder says its 2008 my mistake im a bruins fan i dont know what year it is  

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Orrthebest. Show Orrthebest's posts

Last time I checked we had signed 2 free agents and lost no one to free agency.  Certainly not a sign of cheap managing.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from 640Toronto. Show 640Toronto's posts

[Quote]Last time I checked we had signed 2 free agents and lost no one to free agency.  Certainly not a sign of cheap managing.[/Quote]

Didnt the Bruins lose Metro when Philly offered more money? How can a Bruins fan think that Metro wasn't HUGE for them last year?

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from stillallbost08. Show stillallbost08's posts

[Quote]Didnt the Bruins lose Metro when Philly offered more money? How can a Bruins fan think that Metro wasn't HUGE for them last year?[/Quote]

how many non scoring older players can they keep. He had a good year but he only scored 11 goals last year. Losing him isn't a huge loss.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from 640Toronto. Show 640Toronto's posts

[Quote]how many non scoring older players can they keep. He had a good year but he only scored 11 goals last year. Losing him isn't a huge loss.[/Quote]

Did you even watch him last season? Just because that stats arent there doesnt mean he didnt have a huge impact.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from stillallbost08. Show stillallbost08's posts

there is no way he is a HUGE loss. He didn't score a single goal after 2/5. That means that the final 2 months, when they were fighting for the playoffs and needed scoring he didn't score even 1 goal. That is a total of 29 games and no goals. He was much better in the 1st half but 0 goals in 29 games can't happen. plus, not sure I would want to sign a him to a 2 yr contract at age 34 like the flyers did.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from coachparker. Show coachparker's posts

Your right on the money with this one. You can see it already. Jacobs decided to revert back to his old Scrooge self when hiring his new GM opting to go with the cheapest candidate available and you now have a team whos right up to the cap and this team isn't even close to winning a damn thing.

This pathetic, and stupid ownership just keeps on ticking

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from pauly1. Show pauly1's posts

[Quote]

Did you even watch him last season? Just because that stats arent there doesnt mean he didnt have a huge impact.[/Quote] I'f they signed him the bashers would still have picked it appart. I thought he played very good last year, but he would not likely be a part of this team going ahead in the future, so why not develope some of the good young talent they have, He will be missed but not that much. In closeing i have to add if the bruins can't fill his skates they are much weaker than i ever relized.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from pauly1. Show pauly1's posts

Your first post should be your last, because you are in the beer league.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from dirkthehockeynut. Show dirkthehockeynut's posts

Everything starts at the top, their is a reason the Bruins have been a laughingstock for the better part of 15 years.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from BruinsCountry. Show BruinsCountry's posts

Gee,such an original thought and topic... blah-blah-blah-blah, blah-blah-blah-BLAH!

Training camp starts in 2 weeks. Chiarelli's got the club moving in the right direction, the B's are spending right up to the upper limits of the cap. Jacobs? I don't like him either, but I won't allow him to stop me from following OUR Bruins.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from dirkthehockeynut. Show dirkthehockeynut's posts

Lokks like BruinsCountry is another passive sheep with his head buried in the sand.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from coachparker. Show coachparker's posts

When you see the vision and drive of the 3 other ownerships in Boston I could not agree more. 1 profit driven owner who takes shortcuts vs 3 championship driven owners.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from slicksteve38. Show slicksteve38's posts

[Quote]This topic would have made sense prior to the salary cap. Now, it's just moo (a cow's opinion).[/Quote]

Bringing up the salary cap as an example of Jacobs not being cheap is pure ignorance. The salary cap is a small part of the overall expenses of a team. They pay their GM in the lower 3rd in the league, their scouting department is severly under funded, their tickets are some of the most expensive in the league....should I go on? Whats up with having to pay more for tickets to "rival teams"?

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid. Show Chowdahkid's posts

I wonder what the excuse will be this season should the Bruins choke again like they always do in the playoffs.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from stillallbost08. Show stillallbost08's posts

why would there be excuses. as long as they don't lose several key players for the playoffs they should be able to advance. How far nowbody knows. I do know that you trolls will be praying for a 1st round loss.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from mikzor. Show mikzor's posts

[Quote]\

And we know you are a pathetic trouble making drunk.[/Quote]

And we know you are a tantrum throwing child who is so upset he cant post anything negative about the Bruins this year that he necros posts instead. I got a 5 year old who does the same thing when he doesnt get his way, except instead of trolling posts he just cries and cries. Both of you are trying to get attention. He does a better job.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

I'm tired of hearing Jacobs !!! Look around at how many teams haven't won the cup in a long time . The Maple Leafs, Philly , the Kings (lol..) anyways you get my point.
    Philly, they have one of the biggest fans of hockey in Schneider as an owner. They tried buying the cup, nada, they rebuilt about 10 times since the last cup and still no cup. They went to finals against dynasty's , just like the Bruins and lost.
    Jacobs and Sinden did make many mistakes , even when he went and sign high profile free agents. The Bruins were never the team with the lowest salary's.
    Jacobs in an interview when the board of govenors meet said " for a team to be successful finacialy they must have a good product on the nice " I think he's learned his lesson with all the empty seats and lack of interest the Bruins had.
    Now blame O'Connel that made a friend happy (Wilson) in San Jose to make that trade. Oates was right about him.
    With all this beng said (i know I talk too much) " Your team should never be in discussion , you LOVE your team " .
    36 YEARS and counting I've backed my Bruins. Till death do us part ...

Sections
Shortcuts