Will the Bruins ever win with Jacobs as the owner?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonBruinsfan4llfe. Show BostonBruinsfan4llfe's posts

Re: Bruins will NEVER WIN with Jacobs owning the team

In Response to Bruins will NEVER WIN with Jacobs owning the team:
    This team cannot and will not win the ultimate prize with this clueless ownership in place. The sooner some of you bafoons realize that the better off we will all be. With JJ and Charlie running this circus the best we as Bruins fan can hope for is a trip to the second round. That is the mountain top for this ownership, I am sure Charlies PR staff would plead with the Mayor of Boston to hold a parade if that ever happened. Stop enabling Jacobs!!
    Posted by Beer_League_Chubbins.

You hit the nail on the head, this is why Jacobs raised all season tickets my astronomical amounts

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from ninosurfer. Show ninosurfer's posts

In Response to Bruins will NEVER WIN with Jacobs owning the team:
    This team cannot and will not win the ultimate prize with this clueless ownership in place. The sooner some of you bafoons realize that the better off we will all be. With JJ and Charlie running this circus the best we as Bruins fan can hope for is a trip to the second round. That is the mountain top for this ownership, I am sure Charlies PR staff would plead with the Mayor of Boston to hold a parade if that ever happened. Stop enabling Jacobs!!
    Posted by Beer_League_Chubbins.

The fact is when Jacobs hires cheap & inexpierenced people to run the team (Chiarelli) this is what you get... underachieving in the playoffs, bungling of the salary cap & star young players being forced out of town & overpaying veterans to stay. This team cannot win the Cup with Jacobs running the show. Simply wont happen.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from sanskrit. Show sanskrit's posts

In Response to Re: Bruins will NEVER WIN with Jacobs owning the team:
    In Response to Bruins will NEVER WIN with Jacobs owning the team : The fact is when Jacobs hires cheap & inexpierenced people to run the team (Chiarelli) this is what you get... underachieving in the playoffs, bungling of the salary cap & star young players being forced out of town & overpaying veterans to stay. This team cannot win the Cup with Jacobs running the show. Simply wont happen.
    Posted by ninosurfer

Finally a fan who thinks with his head instead of his heart. Jacobs is like an absentee landlord, he could give a crapp less about the team just as long as his cashflow is coming in. If Chiarelli is able to put together good regular seasons and sell JJ's salty treats and watered down suds then all is well in Jacobs Buffalo office. This organization will never go the extra mile to win the Cup. 1 and done in the playoffs is more then acceptable to them.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Kclione. Show Kclione's posts

In Response to Re: Bruins will NEVER WIN with Jacobs owning the team : Finally a fan who thinks with his head instead of his heart. Jacobs is like an absentee landlord, he could give a crapp less about the team just as long as his cashflow is coming in. If Chiarelli is able to put together good regular seasons and sell JJ's salty treats and watered down suds then all is well in Jacobs Buffalo office. This organization will never go the extra mile to win the Cup. 1 and done in the playoffs is more then acceptable to them.
    Posted by sanskrit

This is extremely painful to admit as a Bruins fan but it is the sad truth however.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from mattymcgee55. Show mattymcgee55's posts

This is ridiculous. Peter Chiarelli has put together a great young team and has improved them drastically in short order. Obviously the Bruins underacheived in the playoffs last year but before the season started most everyone thought that making the playoffs would make for a successful 08/09. How can you be upset w/ the current product that the Jacobs put out on the ice?

Kessel wanted out. Period. End of story. He was given an offer that exceeded Krejci's deal and Wade Arnott was unwilling to negotiate at all. So instead of drastically overpaying a player that didn't want to play here and didn't want to play for our Adams award winning coach we traded him to solidify our already bright future. But the Jacobs were just being cheap, right?

Did the Jacobs blow the opportunities that they had w/ this team 20 years ago?- Yes most definitely. When we had Neely, Bourque, Oates, etc.... this team was on the cusp of greatness but never got any reinforcements. However, that was when Wham was big and people wore pants like MC Hammer. With the cap in place and a very good management staff, the Bruins will be an excellent team for a long time. Too bad ignorant fans like many on this thread will be too busy bitching to enjoy it.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from bluefox70. Show bluefox70's posts

Best team in the east last year and 2004. Sure they haven't won a cup, but only a handful of teams have.

Looking forward to this year!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from JohnnyDawes. Show JohnnyDawes's posts

People say that the only sure thing in life is death and taxes.  I have one more to add - the Bruins will never win the cup as long as the Jacobs are the owners.  Let us not forget how these dirt bags treated Bobby Orr.  Those who go to the games are to blame.  They are just as clueless and the owners themselves.  The Toronto Make Beliefs have a better chance in winning the cup under the guidance of Burke. As long as the fans keep going to the Jacob's money mart nothing will be done.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from gapc. Show gapc's posts

In response to JJ not giving big money to Shero, keep in mind he never had GM experience, but wanted to be paid like an experienced GM.  I'm sure some of you out there would rather pay him the multi-millions when he hadn't proved anything, but you are probably the same chuckleheads who would pay an oft-injured forward who didn't want to play for the Bruins and who has score over 30 goals ONCE well over what he deserves in just his 4th year in the league.  Just pay these people what they ask.  That's good business sense.

Shero lucked into a team with loaded with talent and almost ruined it with the Hossa trade.  PC has performed much better as a GM than Shero.

Not to sound like a broken record, but since the inception of the salary cap, the Bruins have spent up to that cap.  These childish and idiotic postings about Jacobs and how the Brins operate need to stop.  It makes all of you look like morons or vengeful trolls looking to cause trouble

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from miksor. Show miksor's posts

gapc doesn't have a clue

No one is really talking about him being cheap, what I see are posts about what he desires most (profits) and his terrible habit of being complacent with the slightest hint of success (sold out building)

Bottom line is I dont see him going the extra mile for a cup, winning the Cup would be the worst thing to happen to Jacobs then the fans would expect it every year

What Jacobs does is tie a carrot to a string and holds it out in front of us, keeping us just hungry enough to keep buying in every season. The last thing Jacobs wants is a cup!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from cieli01. Show cieli01's posts

gapc doesn't have a clue No one is really talking about him being cheap, what I see are posts about what he desires most (profits) and his terrible habit of being complacent with the slightest hint of success (sold out building) Bottom line is I dont see him going the extra mile for a cup, winning the Cup would be the worst thing to happen to Jacobs then the fans would expect it every year What Jacobs does is tie a carrot to a string and holds it out in front of us, keeping us just hungry enough to keep buying in every season. The last thing Jacobs wants is a cup!
    Posted by miksor

Define "extra mile".  Remember theres a salary cap to deal with which they up against..I think around 1.7 million away from the cap.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bruins2010LoL. Show Bruins2010LoL's posts

His son has absolutely no clue about hockey. If anyone was there a couple years ago, there was an event for season ticket holders. He was thrown a couple really general hockey questions and had absolutely no clue on how to answer them. It was actually akward, and you could tell he was embarrased by it. Yes, the Bruins have, are, and will be in good hands lol.

In any event, the team is too profitable to sell because morons still pay to go see a usually sub-par team. They still make a truck-load of money if the building is 1/4 full (or 3/4 empty). Most are still fanatics living off days of single player names, and not actual Stanley Cup teams, which since Jacobs' purchase, has not been able to accomplish.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from pistolpeteprisco. Show pistolpeteprisco's posts

gapc is another Jacobs delaware north troll whos job is to go on fan sites and defend Jacobs ownership and try and sway public opinion

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from cieli01. Show cieli01's posts

His son has absolutely no clue about hockey. If anyone was there a couple years ago, there was an event for season ticket holders. He was thrown a couple really general hockey questions and had absolutely no clue on how to answer them. It was actually akward, and you could tell he was embarrased by it. Yes, the Bruins have, are, and will be in good hands lol. In any event, the team is too profitable to sell because morons still pay to go see a usually sub-par team. They still make a truck-load of money if the building is 1/4 full (or 3/4 empty). Most are still fanatics living off days of single player names, and not actual Stanley Cup teams, which since Jacobs' purchase, has not been able to accomplish.
    Posted by Bruins2010LoL

They've turned it around. This is a huge year for them. Diehards will stick by them, I dont give two ***** who's int he front office or who owns the team.  I'm a fan on the players on the ice.

Fairweather fans like yourself will of course jump on board come playoff time.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from cwoods7977. Show cwoods7977's posts

Re:The Bruins will NEVER WIN with Jacobs owning the team

Maybe between jobs cleaning toilets, you might want to take a business class or two.    That's the same concept McDonald's uses to give you an extra 10 cents per hour.   Better go flip those burgers
    Posted by gapc

You seem to have alot of anger issues, gapc. You also seem to know a little too much about cleaning toilets and flipping burgers at McDonalds. It's starting to look like you were demoted from burger flipper to toilet cleaner. This would explain your brain dead posts.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from DrCC. Show DrCC's posts

This thread is a like a dead fish: it just keeps floating to the top.
    Its contents are starting to look just about as attractive as a dead fish, too.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bruins2010LoL. Show Bruins2010LoL's posts

"Fairweather fans like yourself will of course jump on board come playoff time."

Nope, havent paid to see a game in about 20 years, don't see why I should start now. Besides, there's enough idiots who shell out ridiculous sums of money to go to a B's game, I don't need to be part of the problem.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from cieli01. Show cieli01's posts

"Fairweather fans like yourself will of course jump on board come playoff time." Nope, havent paid to see a game in about 20 years, don't see why I should start now. Besides, there's enough idiots who shell out ridiculous sums of money to go to a B's game, I don't need to be part of the problem.
    Posted by Bruins2010LoL

Good :-) better chance I get a ticket.  You'll be watching and cheer in the playoffs. Come on now.   Let the past go, Jacobs was maybe a part of the problem years ago, he has no influence on the product on the ice now, or very very little.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from LawLaw. Show LawLaw's posts

I understand the frustration that bruins fans (or ex-bruins fans) may have with the Jacobs family in the past, but i don't understand what they are doing today that is keeping them from having a stanley cup contending team.  What is it that they are NOT doing to give this franchise the best opportunity to win.  I feel like other than making sure that we spend as much money as possible, there is not much else ownership can be held accountable for in making this team win.  Sure, maybe the bruins dont' win the cup this year, but so won't 28 other teams.  Some of them must have "ideal" ownership.  I keep seeing the Jacobs-bashing on here but nobody is explaining what it is he/they are doing to prevent this team from being successful.  It seems like players are now enjoying playing here and the money is being spent.  I am a supporter of PC but if we are upset with the team that is on the ice, that is his doing.  I don't think Jacobs has hired PC to keep this team from reaching ultimate success.  I may be wrong in all of this but i just don't get what they AREN'T doing.  Can somebody please explain?

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from geo64. Show geo64's posts

Re: Will the Bruins ever win with Jacobs as the owner?

nope 

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from scrufflesXX. Show scrufflesXX's posts

For those people who say OH ill never watch the bruins anymore or go any game. Thats fine. But do you not take notice in what this team is doing? The strides they are taking forward compared to 10 years ago is incredible

I for one support this team, and i live in south carolina. When i make trips up to boston i usually try to get a game in. As well as seeing them when they play in atlanta (alot cheaper).

I dont like Jacobs as much as the next fan, but his influence on the talent on this team does not exist. 

MUCH credit to Peter, hes done a great job so far.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from HamiltonBulldog. Show HamiltonBulldog's posts

In Response to Re: Will the Bruins ever win with Jacobs as the owner?:
    For those people who say OH ill never watch the bruins anymore or go any game. Thats fine. But do you not take notice in what this team is doing? The strides they are taking forward compared to 10 years ago is incredible I for one support this team, and i live in south carolina.

When i make trips up to boston i usually try to get a game in. As well as seeing them when they play in atlanta (alot cheaper). I dont like Jacobs as much as the next fan, but his influence on the talent on this team does not exist. 

MUCH credit to Peter, hes done a great job so far.
    Posted by scrufflesXX

What planet do you live on?

In 02 the Bruins finished 1st in the East and lost in the first round...

In 04 the Bruins finished 2nd and lost in the first round...

in 08 the Bruins finished 1st in the East and lost in the 2nd round...

It's the same old underachieving Bruins.

Chiarelli has done a pisss poor job IMO. The majority of his talent is from moves MOC has made. Chiarelli has made more bad moves then good ones here.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from scrufflesXX. Show scrufflesXX's posts

you are delusional . im sure your gonna tell me we should of tried to move guys around for kessel right? 

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from cieli01. Show cieli01's posts

In Response to Re: Will the Bruins ever win with Jacobs as the owner?:
    In Response to Re: Will the Bruins ever win with Jacobs as the owner? : What planet do you live on? In 02 the Bruins finished 1st in the East and lost in the first round... In 04 the Bruins finished 2nd and lost in the first round... in 08 the Bruins finished 1st in the East and lost in the 2nd round... It's the same old underachieving Bruins. Chiarelli has done a pisss poor job IMO. The majority of his talent is from moves MOC has made. Chiarelli has made more bad moves then good ones here.
    Posted by HamiltonBulldog

Holy smokes youre clueless.  You can thank Chiarelli for Hamil, Wheeler, Chara, Savard, Lucic, Rask, Ryder off the top of my head.   you can thank O'Connell for dismantling the 2004 team of Rolston, Knuble, Thornton, Nylander, Gonchar et al.  That team was nasty. He had the MOST money in the NHL post lock out to pay players and completely mismanaged everything.   By far one of the worst GMs in the league..which is why he's no longer a GM.  Oh yeah, he traded Joe Thornton for pretty much nothing....I like Sturm but he's all was have to show for trading Joe...who went on to win the MVP.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from HamiltonBulldog. Show HamiltonBulldog's posts

Pretty sad and pathetic that the mods were pressured by the Bruins fan relations department to change this thread title from:

Bruins will NEVER WIN with Jacobs owning the team

Will the Bruins ever win with Jacobs as the owner?

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

Hey Buldog,  it's still here. What got deleted ?

SCOTT yours is gone

Sections
Shortcuts