Will the Bruins ever win with Jacobs as the owner?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from BarfBagBilly. Show BarfBagBilly's posts

Re: Will the Bruins ever win with Jacobs as the owner?

In Response to Will the Bruins ever win with Jacobs as the owner?:
    [QUOTE]This team cannot and will not win the ultimate prize with this clueless ownership in place. The sooner some of you bafoons realize that the better off we will all be. With JJ and Charlie running this circus the best we as Bruins fan can hope for is a trip to the second round. That is the mountain top for this ownership, I am sure Charlies PR staff would plead with the Mayor of Boston to hold a parade if that ever happened. Stop enabling Jacobs!!
    Posted by Beer_League_Chubbins.[/QUOTE]

BLC as a lifeling fan I agree with you, i dont think ownership will ever put the proper people in place to bring a cup home to boston. Thier egos are too big to hire someone with clout who will take this whole thing over and run it thier way. JJ wants a yes man like Chia who won't fight back when given directives.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from slicksteve38. Show slicksteve38's posts

Hows that offense working out for us so far?

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from DrCC. Show DrCC's posts

In Response to Re: Will the Bruins ever win with Jacobs as the owner?:
    [QUOTE]Hows that offense working out for us so far?
    Posted by slicksteve38[/QUOTE]
    3 goals/game average, good for being tied with San Jose for 15th, right in the middle of the pack.  Also 1 goal per game behind the league lead, and 0.29 off from last year's pace (so on pace for 24 goals less).
    Not that 5 games makes for a really useful sample size.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from pauly1. Show pauly1's posts

[QUOTE]Pretty sad and pathetic that the mods were pressured by the Bruins fan relations department to change this thread title from: Bruins will NEVER WIN with Jacobs owning the team Will the Bruins ever win with Jacobs as the owner?
    Posted by HamiltonBulldog[/QUOTE] It limits how far bottom feeders like yourself can go.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from groolster. Show groolster's posts

NO!  They absolutely will not because the Jacobs family cares NOTHING about hockey.  Their ownership and mis-handling of this once proud franchise has actually killed my spirit when it comes to Bruins hockey - and I grew up watching the GREATEST hockey player who ever lived, Bobby Orr.  Boston is the greatest sports town in the world, and the fans deserve better than this money-sucking vampire who has made an art of acquiring young talent, grooming it until it earns an honest paycheck, and then DUMPING it.  The cycle has kept the Bruins from ever truly competing in a meaningful way.  If Pittsburgh can do it - why not Boston?  SHAME ON YOU, JACOBS!!  LEAVE TOWN AND GIVE HOCKEY BACK TO BOSTON!!!!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from groolster. Show groolster's posts

Re: Bruins will NEVER WIN with Jacobs owning the team

In Response to Re: Bruins will NEVER WIN with Jacobs owning the team:
    [QUOTE]This is ridiculous. Peter Chiarelli has put together a great young team and has improved them drastically in short order. Obviously the Bruins underacheived in the playoffs last year but before the season started most everyone thought that making the playoffs would make for a successful 08/09. How can you be upset w/ the current product that the Jacobs put out on the ice? Kessel wanted out. Period. End of story. He was given an offer that exceeded Krejci's deal and Wade Arnott was unwilling to negotiate at all. So instead of drastically overpaying a player that didn't want to play here and didn't want to play for our Adams award winning coach we traded him to solidify our already bright future. But the Jacobs were just being cheap, right? Did the Jacobs blow the opportunities that they had w/ this team 20 years ago?- Yes most definitely. When we had Neely, Bourque, Oates, etc.... this team was on the cusp of greatness but never got any reinforcements. However, that was when Wham was big and people wore pants like MC Hammer. With the cap in place and a very good management staff, the Bruins will be an excellent team for a long time. Too bad ignorant fans like many on this thread will be too busy bitching to enjoy it.
    Posted by mattymcgee55[/QUOTE]

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from groolster. Show groolster's posts

[QUOTE]This is ridiculous. Peter Chiarelli has put together a great young team and has improved them drastically in short order. Obviously the Bruins underacheived in the playoffs last year but before the season started most everyone thought that making the playoffs would make for a successful 08/09. How can you be upset w/ the current product that the Jacobs put out on the ice? Kessel wanted out. Period. End of story. He was given an offer that exceeded Krejci's deal and Wade Arnott was unwilling to negotiate at all. So instead of drastically overpaying a player that didn't want to play here and didn't want to play for our Adams award winning coach we traded him to solidify our already bright future. But the Jacobs were just being cheap, right? Did the Jacobs blow the opportunities that they had w/ this team 20 years ago?- Yes most definitely. When we had Neely, Bourque, Oates, etc.... this team was on the cusp of greatness but never got any reinforcements. However, that was when Wham was big and people wore pants like MC Hammer. With the cap in place and a very good management staff, the Bruins will be an excellent team for a long time. Too bad ignorant fans like many on this thread will be too busy bitching to enjoy it.
    Posted by mattymcgee55[/QUOTE]

HEY MATTY -  ARE YOU HONESTLY ENJOYING WHAT YOU'VE SEEN FROM THE BRUINS SO FAR???  I AM NOT IGNORANT.  AND I AM NOT BLIND.  THE FACT THAT RAY BOURQUE HAD TO LEAVE TOWN TO WIN WAS A DISGRACE.  CAROLINA HAS A DAMN CUP. SO DOES TAMPA BAY. TAMPA BAY!!!  REMEMBER IN THE MOVIE "SLAP SHOT" WHEN HOCKEY IN FLORIDA WAS A JOKE?  WELL, I KNOW WHAM IS NO LONGER ON THE CHARTS, BUT I NEVER DREAMED I'D LIVE IN A WORLD WHERE HOCKEY IN BOSTON WAS A JOKE.  AND DON'T GET ME WRONG - I'M ON YOUR SIDE. I WANT TO ROOT FOR THE BRUINS AND I STILL DO. BUT THIS OWNERSHIP HAS TAKEN ALL OF THE JOY OUT OF IT.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from damngood. Show damngood's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Bruins will NEVER WIN with Jacobs owning the team : HEY MATTY -  ARE YOU HONESTLY ENJOYING WHAT YOU'VE SEEN FROM THE BRUINS SO FAR???  I AM NOT IGNORANT.  AND I AM NOT BLIND.  THE FACT THAT RAY BOURQUE HAD TO LEAVE TOWN TO WIN WAS A DISGRACE.  CAROLINA HAS A DAMN CUP. SO DOES TAMPA BAY. TAMPA BAY!!!  REMEMBER IN THE MOVIE "SLAP SHOT" WHEN HOCKEY IN FLORIDA WAS A JOKE?  WELL, I KNOW WHAM IS NO LONGER ON THE CHARTS, BUT I NEVER DREAMED I'D LIVE IN A WORLD WHERE HOCKEY IN BOSTON WAS A JOKE.  AND DON'T GET ME WRONG - I'M ON YOUR SIDE. I WANT TO ROOT FOR THE BRUINS AND I STILL DO. BUT THIS OWNERSHIP HAS TAKEN ALL OF THE JOY OUT OF IT.
    Posted by groolster[/QUOTE]

Amen brother

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Dunlop13. Show Dunlop13's posts

Here's the only stat you need to see.

Bruins last Stanley Cup win: 1972
    Deleware North/JJ Purchase of Boston Bruins: 1973
    Number of appearances in Stanley Cup Final since 1973: 4
    Number of Stanley Cup wins since 1973: 0

How about these stats:
    Patriots Super Bowl Wins since 1973: 3
    Celtics World Championship wins since 1973: 6
    Red Sox World Series Wins since 1973: 2
    Bruins?????????????-----ZERO

Either he's unlucky, imcompetent, or cheap...or all 3 but either way, It's time for Buffalo's favorite son to give Boston our team back.
    But the only way he will do it is if the Bruins are losing money...A LOT OF MONEY!

If you agree, then put your money back in your wallet and STOP BUYING BRUINS TICKETS AND MERCHANDISE. 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from njm800. Show njm800's posts

dunlop

you're a loser

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from dkrecji46. Show dkrecji46's posts

[QUOTE]Here's the only stat you need to see. Bruins last Stanley Cup win: 1972 Deleware North/JJ Purchase of Boston Bruins: 1973 Number of appearances in Stanley Cup Final since 1973: 4 Number of Stanley Cup wins since 1973: 0 How about these stats: Patriots Super Bowl Wins since 1973: 3 Celtics World Championship wins since 1973: 6 Red Sox World Series Wins since 1973: 2 Bruins?????????????-----ZERO Either he's unlucky, imcompetent, or cheap...or all 3 but either way, It's time for Buffalo's favorite son to give Boston our team back. But the only way he will do it is if the Bruins are losing money...A LOT OF MONEY! If you agree, then put your money back in your wallet and STOP BUYING BRUINS TICKETS AND MERCHANDISE. 
    Posted by Dunlop13[/QUOTE]

this is a great post! well done.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from omega33. Show omega33's posts

In Response to Will the Bruins ever win with Jacobs as the owner?:
    [QUOTE]This team cannot and will not win the ultimate prize with this clueless ownership in place. The sooner some of you bafoons realize that the better off we will all be. With JJ and Charlie running this circus the best we as Bruins fan can hope for is a trip to the second round. That is the mountain top for this ownership, I am sure Charlies PR staff would plead with the Mayor of Boston to hold a parade if that ever happened. Stop enabling Jacobs!!
    Posted by Beer_League_Chubbins.[/QUOTE]

hate to say it but that is pretty much dead on