Winter Classic Tix

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from JeremyCJohnson. Show JeremyCJohnson's posts

Winter Classic Tix

So when registering today for winter classic tickets I see in the fine print that only 500 are being made available to the general public via the lottery. What a crock. Talk about alienating your true fan base. Assuming Fenway would seat 38,000 for hockey what is Bettman doing with the rest of the tickets? Season ticket holder base is only around 10-13k...which would equate to approx 20-26k seats. Can anyone help me with this math?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from mcl77. Show mcl77's posts

Re: Winter Classic Tix

red sox season ticket holders get them as well you know.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from bluefox70. Show bluefox70's posts

In Response to Re: Winter Classic Tix:
    Posted by mcl77

No they don't!  The last thing we need is a bunch of pompouse bandwagon Red Sox fans in their style of the week caps at a fun event.

"Arguing with and idiot makes two idiots"

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from STFU-Yankee-fans. Show STFU-Yankee-fans's posts

Where do you register for ticket?

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from blackngold10. Show blackngold10's posts

this is BULL. the true fan base wont even be there. Seasons ticket holders, yes, but those who cant afford to spend thatmuch money a year, have been waiting to blow their money on this, and now its all chance. DUMBBBBBBBBBBBB

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from bigvig10. Show bigvig10's posts

In Response to Winter Classic Tix:
    So when registering today for winter classic tickets I see in the fine print that only 500 are being made available to the general public via the lottery. What a crock. Talk about alienating your true fan base. Assuming Fenway would seat 38,000 for hockey what is Bettman doing with the rest of the tickets? Season ticket holder base is only around 10-13k...which would equate to approx 20-26k seats. Can anyone help me with this math?
    Posted by JeremyCJohnson

Your math is way off.  There is 13,000 Bruins season ticket holders which means 13,000 seats are taken.  You get the same amount of winter classic tickets as you have season tickets.  That leaves 25,000 seats at Fenway.  All the Flyers Season Ticket holders get tickets...I'm assuming that's another 13-15k so that brings it down to 10k.  The players will get tickets for their families, red sox organization will get a few thousand, the NHL reserves a bunch for sponsors, etc. By the time your all said and done, 500 sounds about right and it s*cks   

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bruin1810. Show Bruin1810's posts

Its a private event, im sure youll love watching it from the comfort of your couch while myself and 13K of the best hockey fans in the country take in the moment.  I for one would like to thank the Jacob's for bringing this to Boston.  When else will we be able to celebrate at high noon in fenway for a hockey game and ring in the new year not with a lit up ball atop a building, but red lights as big Z blast one home.  Or instead of noise makers, the sound of Looch checking pronger and the rest of the broad street bullies through the glass.  And instead of Korbel, give me a Bud or Miller to rejoyce with, I can taste the watered down fenway beer now.  Yup id say its gonna be a pretty exciting new years this year.  Hope to see you all there!  

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Diggz. Show Diggz's posts

Its a private event, im sure youll love watching it from the comfort of your couch while myself and 13K of the best hockey fans in the country take in the moment.

Dude, really?  What's up with that?  You basically called everyone who doesn't have the luxury of season tickets a chump.  B's fans are some of the most blue collar you'll find, and your "It's a private event..." remark doesn't really sit too well there.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bruin1810. Show Bruin1810's posts

Your right we are blue collar,  I work hard (2 jobs) so I can play hard.  And yes it is a private event.  Last I checked the NHL and the Bruins are not a publicly owned company, this is a reward for layalty to their company.  Im so glad everyone feels the are owed something, its not how the system works.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from amazinglarry. Show amazinglarry's posts

In Response to Re: Winter Classic Tix : Dude, really?  What's up with that?  You basically called everyone who doesn't have the luxury of season tickets a chump.  B's fans are some of the most blue collar you'll find, and your "It's a private event..." remark doesn't really sit too well there.
    Posted by Diggz

Agreed, that was a pretty dick move.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from gmanonthird. Show gmanonthird's posts

In Response to Winter Classic Tix:
    Posted by JeremyCJohnson

The fine print says that 250 pair will be made available for CANADIEN residents. It says the odds of winning for US Residents depends on the amount of eligible seats and the amount of lottery entries.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from JonH64. Show JonH64's posts

Some of the best Bruins fans in New England don't have/can't afford season tickets. Not to mention the time it takes to get to a game/get childcare etc. It's a tough commitment financially and timewise. And this is coming from a season ticket holder. Let's not be so quick to jump on non season ticket holders...Especially since 2 years ago there were only about 4,000 season ticket holders. So of the 13,000 "best fans" you refer to, 9,000 of which didn't have have season tickets 2 years ago...Tread lightly.

viewfrom311.blogspot.com

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Diggz. Show Diggz's posts

Bruin1810, I don't feel like I'm "owed anything".  I signed up for the raffle in hopes of getting tickets, just like a million other people.  If I don't win the right to purchase, oh well...I'll watch on TV.  I'm not going on an anti-season-ticket-holder-Jacobs-is-the-devil tirade here, I just felt like your comment was a bit over the top for the topic at hand.  I could care less how many jobs you work.

Second of all, if it was truly a private event, then nobody from the general public would have the opportunity, raffle or no raffle, to purchase tickets.  And last time I checked, myself or any other non-season ticket holder could purchase B's tickets at any time.  So regardless of who owns the Bruins, you season ticket holders are not above anyone else.  My response wasn't regarding "how the system works", it was about your "me and 13,000 other season ticket holders are better than you" comment.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from JeremyCJohnson. Show JeremyCJohnson's posts

@Bruin 1810

Just b/c I'm an out of town Bruins fan (originally Canadian, now in Tampa) doesn't make me any less of a B's fan than season ticket holders. If I lived in Boston I'd have season tickets - but I don't. I prolly spend enough in airfare flying into games each year to buy season tickets.

This is a regular season game part of the normal 82 game NHL schedule - so it shouldn't be a private event. But it appears Bettman + Jacobs & Co are making it private which is unfortunate for the rest of us.

Your right we are blue collar,  I work hard (2 jobs) so I can play hard.  And yes it is a private event.  Last I checked the NHL and the Bruins are not a publicly owned company, this is a reward for layalty to their company.  Im so glad everyone feels the are owed something, its not how the system works.
    Posted by Bruin1810

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from intrinsecus. Show intrinsecus's posts

Wow! Bruins1810 you're a complete a$$head.  

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from RyanBhoy. Show RyanBhoy's posts

If this 500 ticket deal is true, someone, all of us better write a letter to Bettman to tell him how much of a crock this really, truly is.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bruin1810. Show Bruin1810's posts

Yes 13K of the best fans, who are all Bruins fans first.  Did I say the only good Bruins fans are STH's? Didn't think so.  

This is not a Bruins controlled game, it is controlled by the NHL so the ticket process is not the same as a regular game.  It is a special event.  

Lets stop the complaining and actually get excited about the season thats just over 2 weeks away.  

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from RyanBhoy. Show RyanBhoy's posts

Yes 13K of the best fans, who are all Bruins fans first.  Did I say the only good Bruins fans are STH's? Didn't think so.   This is not a Bruins controlled game, it is controlled by the NHL so the ticket process is not the same as a regular game.  It is a special event.   Lets stop the complaining and actually get excited about the season thats just over 2 weeks away.  
    Posted by Bruin1810

We can still complain. This is one of the most important games in the franchises history and merely a speck of their fans get a chance to watch it.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from BlkGold67. Show BlkGold67's posts

Posted by mcl77

Ah no they dont... why make stuff up?

Bruins STH & Flyers STH & sponsers get first crack at tickets

then the lottery...

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from mcl77. Show mcl77's posts

In Response to Re: Winter Classic Tix : Ah no they dont... why make stuff up? Bruins STH & Flyers STH & sponsers get first crack at tickets then the lottery...
    Posted by BlkGold67

my bad. I thought they did since it was their barn.
    Who cares- I'll be there
    And for they guy who said season tickets are too expensive.  I only pay $640 for the season.  Very affordable.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from ViewFrom311. Show ViewFrom311's posts

The only real affordable seats are those balconies that you have....Those are long sold out. The only season tickets you can get now are way more than that. (Premium Loge)

The tickets in our section have been sold out for two years, and those are the $19 seats...

Plus playoffs, parking, etc. It's still a lot of money for most people...

viewfrom311.blogspot.com

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from mcl77. Show mcl77's posts

The only real affordable seats are those balconies that you have....Those are long sold out. The only season tickets you can get now are way more than that. (Premium Loge) The tickets in our section have been sold out for two years, and those are the $19 seats... Plus playoffs, parking, etc. It's still a lot of money for most people... viewfrom311.blogspot.com
    Posted by ViewFrom311

Long sold out and bought by real fans. Thank god.  No bandwagoners in my section.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from ViewFrom311. Show ViewFrom311's posts

However, I'm sure there are a few scalpers. Check Stubhub any game to see if seats in your section are for sale....

I know quite a few are in ours...

viewfrom311.blogspot.com

Sections
Shortcuts