Wisnewski Gets 8 Games / Cooke None

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from soups-7. Show soups-7's posts

Wisnewski Gets 8 Games / Cooke None

This league & Colin Campbell are a joke. Bettman should fire Colin Campbell, he is making way too much. I cannot believe Wisnewski got 8 games for that hit on Seabrook. Where is the justice in this process? It makes absolutely no sense, the only infraction I saw on that play was boarding.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from PheltSaucier. Show PheltSaucier's posts

Re: Wisnewski Gets 8 Games / Cooke None

I agree 100%. How does Winsiewski warrant 8 games, yet Ovechkin gets only 2? I'm not saying either one of those hits don't deserve punishment, but I bet any player would rather have been hit like that rather than the one Savard took.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from cowboys9. Show cowboys9's posts

Soups , I will disagree with your analysis of the Seabrooke hit.. First of all it was charging and boarding.. the guy took a run from the blue line, second and most important it was premeditated due to earlier hit by Seabrooke on Perry ( I watched the game) Third, he hit him to the head with elbow, forearm, and stick in one motion..no attempt to make a clean hit...  Fourth, the guy didn't have the puck in his possession.. It was a unneccessary hit to say the least.. The kid is out for who knows how long... I will agree with you on the Campbell and League comment.. and that is why Campbell should resign.. The game has passed him by..

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from rolerhoky19. Show rolerhoky19's posts

Cowboys, I think the worst is listening to campbell explain ovechkins hit, and the suspension, it was "almost" a clean hit, but he was a repeat offender...

And cooke some how isnt, and rule 21.1 didn't apply (intent to injure) because how did he intend to injure him, elbow, knee etc..

What crap, he intended to injure him when he hit him blindside to the head with an ELBOW not a shoulder.. and the multiple offender rule should certainly have applied.. Campbell gives this crap "we looked for reasons to suspend" but clearly they had to look a lot harder to try to justify reasons to to suspend...

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from soups-7. Show soups-7's posts

The insider Darren Dreger from TSN admitted Wisnewski got 8 games after the GM's just completed the winter meetings, bad timing for Wisnewski. What a load of garbage, this is exactly like the coach tells his players, only the retaliation penalty gets called so hit him hard first & your Ok. Too bad Savvy didn't get concussed after the winter meetings, Dreger is a moron & the league is gutless because they have the power to set a standard & they didn't. 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

In Response to Re: Wisnewski Gets 8 Games / Cooke None:
    colin campbell hates the bruins pure and simple. You could see it on his face last night in his interview . Even If we did put our worst foot foward with milbury. That guys a jerk.Posted by bruinsking

It had to have been a meeting in which he got just totally brow beaten by Sinden or Jeremy Jacobs. It is apparent that Colin Cancer hates the Boston Bruins. If only he could be caught saying it on email or on his balckberry. Ahh forget that it wouldn't matter anyway after hearing Buttman defend Campbell yesterday on NHL Home Ice radio. Buttman would bury any evidence of Colin Cancer's hatred of the Bs!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from PheltSaucier. Show PheltSaucier's posts

Soups , I will disagree with your analysis of the Seabrooke hit.. First of all it was charging and boarding.. the guy took a run from the blue line, second and most important it was premeditated due to earlier hit by Seabrooke on Perry ( I watched the game) Third, he hit him to the head with elbow, forearm, and stick in one motion..no attempt to make a clean hit...  Fourth, the guy didn't have the puck in his possession.. It was a unneccessary hit to say the least.. The kid is out for who knows how long... I will agree with you on the Campbell and League comment.. and that is why Campbell should resign.. The game has passed him by..
    Posted by cowboys9

I'm gonna disagree with your analysis of the hit. It wasn't charging. He stopped skating before he hit him -- if you take 3 steps before a hit, that's charging, while it's close, I can't go with charging on this one. And so what if he came from the blue line? You're not allowed to gain momentum to hit somebody all of a sudden? His elbows weren't high and he didn't leave his feet. His right foot comes up, but that's the momentum from raising to hit the guy.  As far as the puck possession goes, you're right, he didn't have possession. Yet, his linemate shouldn't have held on to it so long. He was close enough. And he's lucky the boards were there to stop him.

Was it a legal hit? Probably not, but I wish someone on the B's would have done that moments after an illegal hit (Seabrook on Perry) on a teammate.

It certainly doesn't warrant 8 games. No way. Not in comparison to Cooke's hit.

You can watch it again:  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dtSx2z_CPKQ

Or continue to regurgitate everything you read on ESPN.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from cowboys9. Show cowboys9's posts

Sorry bud I don't see Wiz stopping any time during this clip.. and he did leave his feet..clearly you can see both feet leave the ice  as he leaps to hit, to me that is illegal and again should have been a major for boarding and a game misconduct or even match penalty...The refs are so scared now to make calls due to incompetence from the league they are missing calls left right and centre.. ...so we can agree to disagree.. no problem..

I think also hearing the commentators especially Hayword when he comments " Is he selling it " is unbelievable ... I guess in non hockey markets this guy can get away with comments like that .. if it was in Toronto, Boston, or Montreal it would have been talked about...This guy should lose his job just on the basis of being an idiot..

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from PheltSaucier. Show PheltSaucier's posts

Sorry bud I don't see Wiz stopping any time during this clip.. and he did leave his feet..clearly you can see both feet leave the ice  as he leaps to hit, to me that is illegal and again should have been a major for boarding and a game misconduct or even match penalty...The refs are so scared now to make calls due to incompetence from the league they are missing calls left right and centre.. ...so we can agree to disagree.. no problem.. I think also hearing the commentators especially Hayword when he comments " Is he selling it " is unbelievable ... I guess in non hockey markets this guy can get away with comments like that .. if it was in Toronto, Boston, or Montreal it would have been talked about...This guy should lose his job just on the basis of being an idiot..
    Posted by cowboys9

I'm not saying he slowed down by any means, but he stopped pumping his skates. But, you're right -- that was a ballsy comment he made about Seabrook. Though, I'm not sure what knocked Seabrook out, the contact or the boards. Wiz probably got under his chin.

Sections
Shortcuts