WJHC Canadian Development Camp

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

WJHC Canadian Development Camp

http://www.tsn.ca/world_jrs/story/?id=329534

Little bit of blah blah on Seguin at development camp for a team he'll never play for.  Also a video of him talking about his contract.

Bit disappointing to see that they didn't invite Knight to this camp.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from bruinsfan084evr. Show bruinsfan084evr's posts

Re: WJHC Canadian Development Camp

Hockey Canada webcasts

This is the schedule of webcasts for Hockey Canada's National Junior Team development camp on hockeycanada.fasthockey.com. All times are Central. Practices are free and scrimmages are pay-per-view.
    DateEventTime
    Wed. Aug. 4Team White Practice4:45 p.m.
    Wed. Aug. 4Team Red Practice5:45 p.m.
    Thu. Aug. 5Team Red and White Practice7:15 a.m.
    Fri. Aug. 6Team White Practice7:00 a.m.
    Fri. Aug. 6Team Red Practice8:15 a.m.
    Fri. Aug. 6Red vs. White scrimmage4:30 p.m.
    Sat. Aug. 7Red vs. White scrimmage4:30 p.m

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from NumbaFouwer. Show NumbaFouwer's posts

In Response to WJHC Canadian Development Camp:
    [QUOTE]http://www.tsn.ca/world_jrs/story/?id=329534 Little bit of blah blah on Seguin at development camp for a team he'll never play for.  Also a video of him talking about his contract. Bit disappointing to see that they didn't invite Knight to this camp.
    Posted by Bookboy007[/QUOTE]
    No need to be dissapointed Bookboy. If Jared Knight was Canadian, he would have made this camp no problem. But he's American, even though he played in the OHL.

He could be a future invitee to some American camp down the line, with maybe Burke as the GM.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

Bookboy , understandable boo boo.

http://www.londonknights.com/display_player.asp?player=170

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Makes no difference the US will defend there 2010 U20 championship successfullly in Buffalo regardless of Seguin's participation or not LoL!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from dc-bruins-fan. Show dc-bruins-fan's posts

In Response to Re: WJHC Canadian Development Camp:
    [QUOTE]Makes no difference the US will defend there 2010 U20 championship successfullly in Buffalo regardless of Seguin's participation or not LoL!
    Posted by SanDogBrewin[/QUOTE]

It's not just Seguin though...if 50% of eligible NHLers went, Canada would win every year...which we almost do anyway.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: WJHC Canadian Development Camp : It's not just Seguin though...if 50% of eligible NHLers went, Canada would win every year...which we almost do anyway.
    Posted by dc-bruins-fan[/QUOTE]

But not last year...

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

Oh, yeah, no, I know he's an American!  I was just disappointed that the Canadian team didn't try to steal him, you know, like get him dual citizenship because he lives in London for a big part of the year...

you believing any of this?

no?

Durh!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Yah OK Don Cherry Canada trained and developed all the great American hockey players. Cmon you gotta throw us a bone every once in awhile and let us glow when the US wins one international gold once every 5 or 6 six years LoL!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from BradyBruin. Show BradyBruin's posts

Canada would win every year...which we almost do anyway

ALMOST DO......
    And when you did have all your Pro's vs. USA we still took you to OT in the final. We ALMOST got you there just like you ALMOST got us in the U20.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from LoveRealHockey. Show LoveRealHockey's posts

In Response to WJHC Canadian Development Camp:
    [QUOTE]http://www.tsn.ca/world_jrs/story/?id=329534 Little bit of blah blah on Seguin at development camp for a team he'll never play for.  Also a video of him talking about his contract. Bit disappointing to see that they didn't invite Knight to this camp.
    FYI:  Hall turned down the invitation and thus cannot play for the team even if he returns to Windsor (which isn't likely).

I think it's 50-50 whether Seguin goes back to junior.  He's still only 18 and needs to beef up a little.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

Let's be clear about this part: Seguin will have to play his way off the Bruins, not on.  Oh, everyone will say all the right things about wanting him to earn it and not come in on a gift, but he'll have to show that he's physically not ready to compete in the NHL before they send him down.  Mental stuff, I think they keep him with the team and start him slow - sit him against high-end opponents and play Hunwick as a forward, McQuaid as the 6th D.  Jalvis will be in one ear telling him all the things he picked up playing with Sax and Dr. Teeth (Jarvis? Oh, then make that Lafleur and Lemaire) and Recchi will be in the other ear.  My guess is they bank on him having a steep learning curve.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from no1bruinsfan. Show no1bruinsfan's posts

i was reading another Bruins site, Bruins rumours and news, and there was a guy who was at the first on ice session from Canada's World Junior Development camp. He did nothing but rave about Seguin stating how sharp he looked etc. I agree with Bookboy, Seguin will have to play himself off this team.  Too many people expecting big things from this kid.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from LoveRealHockey. Show LoveRealHockey's posts

[QUOTE]Let's be clear about this part: Seguin will have to play his way off the Bruins, not on.  Oh, everyone will say all the right things about wanting him to earn it and not come in on a gift, but he'll have to show that he's physically not ready to compete in the NHL before they send him down.  Mental stuff, I think they keep him with the team and start him slow - sit him against high-end opponents and play Hunwick as a forward, McQuaid as the 6th D.  Jalvis will be in one ear telling him all the things he picked up playing with Sax and Dr. Teeth ( Jarvis ? Oh, then make that Lafleur and Lemaire) and Recchi will be in the other ear.  My guess is they bank on him having a steep learning curve.
    I think you're right, but for different reasons.

There's probably a bit of pressure on PC to start bearing fruit from the Kessel trade i.e. not having anything to show for 2 full years might be harder to defend; even though Seguin projects to be a better player.

I think the Bruins have the luxury to allow Seguin to either stay with the big club and play 3rd line minutes OR/ send him back to junior for a season where he dominates, plays in the World Junior tournament and possibly Memorial Cup championship while beefing up his body to handle the rigours of the NHL.  If the coaching is really good in Plymouth then that would also be a consideration.

Having Kadri go back to junior, even though he was impressive at the Leafs training camp last year, was the right move.  He needed to get stronger and the Hunters do a great job with the London Knights in developing players.

Kadri is a better player coming in this year after having another season in London, playing at the World Juniors and the OHL playoffs where he and Jarod Knight went on a rampage before bowing out in 7 games to Kitchener.

Remember what you were like at 18.  He's still a boy playing against men.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from duinne. Show duinne's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to WJHC Canadian Development Camp : FYI:  Hall turned down the invitation and thus cannot play for the team even if he returns to Windsor (which isn't likely). I think it's 50-50 whether Seguin goes back to junior.  He's still only 18 and needs to beef up a little.
    Posted by LoveRealHockey[/QUOTE]

How much beefier do you want him to get?

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_XFWmNyyPSTQ/TCokhQnnULI/AAAAAAAABjI/a3ChucoZR9o/s400/tyler-seguin-bruins-shirtless.jpg

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from RMiller87. Show RMiller87's posts

Great to read that Tyler Seguin was at the WJHC Canadian Development Camp in St. John's, NL.

It will do wonders for his development as a player to have the opportunity to lead a hockey team to a WJC Gold Medal and play amongst the best Juniors in the World.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from RMiller87. Show RMiller87's posts

Wow, two pictures of shirtless boys on the same thread...

These threads have sure gone downhill since I left.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from RMiller87. Show RMiller87's posts

Surprised that Hall wasn't at this camp as well.

By Hockey Canada's own guidelines, Hall should be disqualified from competing in Buffalo in not showing up for the summer development camp.

I knew that the Bruins made the right pick in the draft.

Keep an eye on Sean Courterier at the WJC as well.

We might be selecting him with the Leafs' number one pick in 2011.

Team Canada will be much better this season.

Kadri's antics were a big distraction during the WJC last season. 

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

Being Canadian I will give the US their due...but fact of the matter for those who are talking dual citz should look at last years US roster...US's best player/s had parents that were born in Canada and only had dual citz b/c the father playerd in the US.  Similar to Brett Hull...

Don't even compare gold medals between the 2...its not close...why even start this discusion b/c the US would lose that argument every time and twice on sundays.  Canada could have put 2 teams in the 2010's.  The best players to EVER play the game are all Canadian...take a look at the HOF and tell me how many Americans are there?  I mean sure Mario, Orr and Gretzky all could have gone in b/c they have US Citz. but give it a rest.  The one thing I can say is that the US hockey program is getting better by the year...which is a great thing for hockey. 

As for Seguin...there is a very real chance he returns to junior hockey unless Boston trades a center...very real chance...

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from RMiller87. Show RMiller87's posts

Hall is claiming "fatigue" at the age of 18.

What a wuss !

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from duinne. Show duinne's posts

[QUOTE]Wow, two pictures of shirtless boys on the same thread... These threads have sure gone downhill since I left.
    Posted by RMiller87[/QUOTE]

The point is, the poster was saying the kid has to "beef up" or whatever. This isn't Alex Burmistrov (listed at 159 pounds, probably weighs less and is "built like Gilligan" according to one scout). Just looking at photographic evidence (a picture is worth a thousand words, they say), wouldn't you say the idea of him having to beef up is somewhat silly, if not ludicrous?

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from islamorada. Show islamorada's posts

[QUOTE]Wow, two pictures of shirtless boys on the same thread... These threads have sure gone downhill since I left.

Go back to SI swimsuit editions then.  

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from duinne. Show duinne's posts

[QUOTE]Hall is claiming "fatigue" at the age of 18. What a wuss !

In the last two seasons, Taylor Hall has played in 162 hockey games. That doesn't take into account practices, exhibitions and travel. He's led his team to two straight Memorial Cup titles, even with a target on his back. He's also played in two world tournaments. Now he's going into his first-ever NHL training camp, preparing for an 82-game season in which he's expected to help resurrect a franchise, and you're saying he's not in camp trying out for a team that he's not going to play for because he's a lazy wuss.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

RMiller87 - thank god you're back to save us from duinne's barrage of vealcake!!  In Hall's defense, I would suggest that "fatigue" is a euphemism for "I'm not taking a chance that some ya-bo takes a run at me a la Cowan on Caron when there is absolutely no chance Edmonton will send me to the tournament."  Of course, some official from Hockey Canada has all but admitted that they "review their policies regularly" so if the universe turned itself inside out and Hall suddenly was available, he'll be invited to camp in December.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

Dear Canadians on This Thread:

Coke doesn't stoop to pi55ing matches with Pepsi.  Toyota doesn't spend millions talking about how much better they are than Hyundai.  Scoreboard = Dignity.  Thus: the quality of both the individual players and international teams representing the USA has been remarkable in the last few years, and no team should be foolish enough to take them lightly.  They are real contenders in every tournament, and that's good for hockey.

[Or some other diplomatic bs.]

Sections
Shortcuts