WJHC Canadian Development Camp

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

Re: WJHC Canadian Development Camp

You...you know where Tonya Harding lives?  Why?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from RMiller87. Show RMiller87's posts

In Response to Re: WJHC Canadian Development Camp:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: WJHC Canadian Development Camp : "Winning a Gold Medal at the WJC makes Seguin infinitely better as a hockey player". One of the strangest arguments someone could make about Seguin's development.  As if being the #2 overall pick in the 2010 NHL Draft, playing his rookie season for an Original-6 as a top-9 forward fighting for a playoff spot impedes his development?  Playing and practicing with the likes of Chara, Bergy, Krejci, Savy, Looch, Horton and others hurts his development?  Shooting on Rask and Thomas everyday in practice impedes his growth?  Competing against Divisional rivals, like the Habs or Sabres, or playing against Sid or Ovie hurts him? So your solution is that Seguin needs to play in the WJC to develop as player?  Simply dumb.  If he is not ready then yes, but otherwise his path is with the B's. As to your "bet", I will take it.  Seguin will succeed as a top-9 B's forward and will not play in the WJC.  If he does, you will never hear from me again.  If he doesn't, you will change your screen-name and continue trolling. Deal?
    Posted by Crowls2424[/QUOTE]

No.

Having the opportunity to compete against the best players in the World will make him a better player and winning a gold medal will give him the confidence that he needs to be a team leader one day.

I think that most of you that think that Seguin will be critical to the Bruins by December are a little nuts, frankly.  

So if TS doesn't play in the WJC, I will never post here again.

And the Bruins will have repeated the same mistake that they made when they prevented Joe Thornton from competing in the WJC.

I doubt that they will make that mistake twice.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

San,

No worries bud...I know you were only smack talking for fun and to get a rise.  I actually said before the 2010's that USA has a very real shot at winning.  Fast team with skill and a world class goalie.  I wasn't wrong and they could have easily won.  The USA development is getting stronger each year...and they will always be a power house now...especially with all the top rated junior/college players they have coming along.

Cheers

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

Every year, there's a laundry list of great young players who don't play in the WJHC because they're contributing members of NHL teams.  Not "critical," but regular shift guys.  Sometimes not even that.  Most NHL teams just don't agree with you, RMiller.  They don't see the value in sending an NHL player to play with the best kids. Tavares, Duchene, Kane - they could have played in the WJHC last year, and there was no good competitive reason to keep them out because, other than Colorado, the Isles and the Thrashers weren't going anywhere fast.

A better comparison that Thornton, who played in one WJHC, is Duchene.  Matt Duchene - Calder finalist, All-Rookie Team C, and a player who out-scored Bergeron and Krejci by three points - was cut from the only WJHC camp he attended.  He'd have been a shoo-in last year.  But he was in Colorado. 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from RMiller87. Show RMiller87's posts

[QUOTE]Every year, there's a laundry list of great young players who don't play in the WJHC because they're contributing members of NHL teams.  Not "critical," but regular shift guys.  Sometimes not even that.  Most NHL teams just don't agree with you, RMiller.  They don't see the value in sending an NHL player to play with the best kids. Tavares, Duchene, Kane - they could have played in the WJHC last year, and there was no good competitive reason to keep them out because, other than Colorado, the Isles and the Thrashers weren't going anywhere fast. A better comparison that Thornton, who played in one WJHC, is Duchene.  Matt Duchene - Calder finalist, All-Rookie Team C, and a player who out-scored Bergeron and Krejci by three points - was cut from the only WJHC camp he attended.  He'd have been a shoo-in last year.  But he was in Colorado. 
    Posted by Bookboy007[/QUOTE]

I would argue that Colorado was short sighted there.

Tavares and Kane have both previously played and won medals at the WJC whereas Seguin has not.

None of you have really given me a good reason for not having this guy play in the WJC, and since he's at the development camp, I expect that he'll play.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from LoveRealHockey. Show LoveRealHockey's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: WJHC Canadian Development Camp : Are you learning disabled or something? I mean seriously. Try to read the words I'm writing, slowly, so you will understand. You don't want Seguin playing in the WJC because that means He is NOT GOOD ENOUGH to play in Boston. Understand? Say the words out loud. Think. Concentrate. Try to comprehend. He goes back to Juniors, and plays in the WJC, if he DOES NOT MAKE THE BRUINS LINEUP. I want him in the Bruins lineup. This bizarre notion you have that playing in a tournament of less than a dozen games against other teenagers is going to be better for his development than playing a full schedule against grown men in the NHL is ludicrous. If he sticks with the Bruins, he makes this team better . Playing in the WJC does not make the Bruins better. It does not make him better. Now, is that too hard to understand?  
    Posted by duinne[/QUOTE]
    Actually it's all very simple.  You're both right to some extent.

If Seguin is good enough to play a regular shift for the Bruins, he'll stick with the big club and will likely NOT be loaned to the WJC.  However many clubs do allow their players to participate in the WJC for the experience and to further their development (particularly if they are not getting a lot of playing time).

The WJC is not just a tournament of teenagers, by the way.  The hockey is top notch and the competition is intense.  Most players learn and benefit from the experience and will tell you that they were thrilled to have participated in it, particularly if they win the Gold Medal.  Most will tell you it was one of the highlights of their career.

However, if he's not ready to play a regular shift, it would be to the best interests of Seguin's development and ultimately the Bruins if he's returned to Junior and participates in the WJC instead of getting 4th line minutes.

I don't think American's, with all due respect, view this tournament as highly as Canadian's (and Canadian players) do.  Canadian players want to play in the WJC and expect to win the Gold every year.

The training camp and first 9 games will dictate what the Bruins do with Seguin and then the discussion will be moot.

If he's ready now, he sticks with the Bruins, otherwise he goes back down and gets better and bigger with another year of seasoning and participation in the WJC.

Ofcourse, Bruin fans would ultimately hope that he's ready now and playing this year.

Leaf fans felt the same about Kadri last year and were disappointed that he got sent down (he was actually the best center on the team out of training camp and throughout the first 9 games), but it was the right decision for the Kadri and the Leafs in the end.  While he was doing well offensively, he was still small, made a lot of mistakes defensively. 

I'm not suggesting that Seguin will be the same, but it's common with most 18 year olds.

You'd like to think that the Bruin management team will do what they think is best for the team and Seguin overall.

Cheers

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from RMiller87. Show RMiller87's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: WJHC Canadian Development Camp : Actually it's all very simple.  You're both right to some extent. If Seguin is good enough to play a regular shift for the Bruins, he'll stick with the big club and will likely NOT be loaned to the WJC.  However many clubs do allow their players to participate in the WJC for the experience and to further their development (particularly if they are not getting a lot of playing time). The WJC is not just a tournament of teenagers, by the way.  The hockey is top notch and the competition is intense.  Most players learn and benefit from the experience and will tell you that they were thrilled to have participated in it, particularly if they win the Gold Medal.  Most will tell you it was one of the highlights of their career. However, if he's not ready to play a regular shift, it would be to the best interests of Seguin's development and ultimately the Bruins if he's returned to Junior and participates in the WJC instead of getting 4th line minutes. I don't think American's, with all due respect, view this tournament as highly as Canadian's (and Canadian players) do.  Canadian players want to play in the WJC and expect to win the Gold every year. The training camp and first 9 games will dictate what the Bruins do with Seguin and then the discussion will be moot. If he's ready now, he sticks with the Bruins, otherwise he goes back down and gets better and bigger with another year of seasoning and participation in the WJC. Ofcourse, Bruin fans would ultimately hope that he's ready now and playing this year. Leaf fans felt the same about Kadri last year and were disappointed that he got sent down (he was actually the best center on the team out of training camp and throughout the first 9 games), but it was the right decision for the Kadri and the Leafs in the end.  While he was doing well offensively, he was still small, made a lot of mistakes defensively.  I'm not suggesting that Seguin will be the same, but it's common with most 18 year olds. You'd like to think that the Bruin management team will do what they think is best for the team and Seguin overall. Cheers
    Posted by LoveRealHockey[/QUOTE]

Wow, best post of the thread from a Leafs' fan, no less !

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from RMiller87. Show RMiller87's posts

By the way, sending Kadri back to Junior (and to play in the 2009 WJC) despite a promising training camp last season was a very smart move by the Leafs' management if you ask me...

I would also like to think that the Bruins management would do what's in the best interest of the development of their potential future stars which in my opinion would include having them compete at the WJC amongst the best FUTURE stars of the game...

I still haven't heard a single good argument on this thread as to why this would not happen.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: WJHC Canadian Development Camp : Actually it's all very simple.  You're both right to some extent. If Seguin is good enough to play a regular shift for the Bruins, he'll stick with the big club and will likely NOT be loaned to the WJC.  However many clubs do allow their players to participate in the WJC for the experience and to further their development (particularly if they are not getting a lot of playing time). The WJC is not just a tournament of teenagers, by the way.  The hockey is top notch and the competition is intense.  Most players learn and benefit from the experience and will tell you that they were thrilled to have participated in it, particularly if they win the Gold Medal.  Most will tell you it was one of the highlights of their career. However, if he's not ready to play a regular shift, it would be to the best interests of Seguin's development and ultimately the Bruins if he's returned to Junior and participates in the WJC instead of getting 4th line minutes. I don't think American's, with all due respect, view this tournament as highly as Canadian's (and Canadian players) do.  Canadian players want to play in the WJC and expect to win the Gold every year. The training camp and first 9 games will dictate what the Bruins do with Seguin and then the discussion will be moot. If he's ready now, he sticks with the Bruins, otherwise he goes back down and gets better and bigger with another year of seasoning and participation in the WJC. Ofcourse, Bruin fans would ultimately hope that he's ready now and playing this year. Leaf fans felt the same about Kadri last year and were disappointed that he got sent down (he was actually the best center on the team out of training camp and throughout the first 9 games), but it was the right decision for the Kadri and the Leafs in the end.  While he was doing well offensively, he was still small, made a lot of mistakes defensively.  I'm not suggesting that Seguin will be the same, but it's common with most 18 year olds. You'd like to think that the Bruin management team will do what they think is best for the team and Seguin overall. Cheers
    Posted by LoveRealHockey[/QUOTE]

The WJC tournament we are talking about is literally, and factually, a teenager tournament.  "U-20" stands for "Under-20".  C'mon now.

I am not knocking the tournament either, it is awesome, but the two best teenagers in the world are ready to turn the page and play pro instead, which is why they have pro contracts.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from RMiller87. Show RMiller87's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: WJHC Canadian Development Camp : The WJC tournament we are talking about is literally, and factually, a teenager tournament.  "U-20" stands for "Under-20".  C'mon now. I am not knocking the tournament either, it is awesome, but the two best teenagers in the world are ready to turn the page and play pro instead, which is why they have pro contracts.
    Posted by Fletcher1[/QUOTE]

Nope, Seguin will be playing at the WJC to improve his leadership amongst his peer group (who are the best junior players in the World) and also how to win with a little luck.

He won`t get a once in a lifetime experience like this with the Bruins in December.

If you are so sure that Seguin isn`t going to be playing at the WJC, could you explain what he is doing at the WJHC Canadian Development Camp in St. John`s. 

Seguin will at the WJC in December.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

If you don't think the example of Matt Duchene's 55 point season - a player who, like Seguin, didn't get the chance to play in a WJHC - is a good example of why a team would keep their player rather than send him down, then I'm sorry but you're not listening.

If you think it's better for his development to play Kazakhstan, Latvia, Germany, and Switzerland than Buffalo, Montreal, Washington, Anaheim, Atlanta, Florida, and Tampa Bay (See the Dec. 2010 Schedule) - that is, test himself against men, not juniors - then I just can't explain it to you.

Let me be clear on this: I love the WJHC.  I've been to three.  I'm not against the idea of Seguin playing or suggesting for one second that it wouldn't be a great experience for the kid.  I just see no reason short of Seguin struggling at the NHL level for the Bruins to send him to a lower level of competition under the guise of "development".

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

Oh, as for Kadri - yes, it was a good idea to send him back to London.  Now he isn't scarred by that abomination of a season.  But he didn't play the first 9 games of the season last year.  And they didn't send him down so he could play in the World Juniors; Ron Wilson is on record saying that they sent him down because they had too many lousy veterans on the payroll who they had to play.  And Brandon Bochenski looked like Mike Bossy one preaseason, so before anyone suggests that Kadri will contend for the Calder this year, remember that he's played one NHL game and was goose eggs and -1.  I think he'll be a good player - not sure just how good yet - but I'm sure he won't be as good as Seguin.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from duinne. Show duinne's posts

[QUOTE]If you don't think the example of Matt Duchene's 55 point season - a player who, like Seguin, didn't get the chance to play in a WJHC - is a good example of why a team would keep their player rather than send him down, then I'm sorry but you're not listening. If you think it's better for his development to play Kazakhstan, Latvia, Germany, and Switzerland than Buffalo, Montreal, Washington, Anaheim, Atlanta, Florida, and Tampa Bay (See the Dec. 2010 Schedule) - that is, test himself against men, not juniors - then I just can't explain it to you. Let me be clear on this: I love the WJHC.  I've been to three.  I'm not against the idea of Seguin playing or suggesting for one second that it wouldn't be a great experience for the kid.  I just see no reason short of Seguin struggling at the NHL level for the Bruins to send him to a lower level of competition under the guise of "development".

And you have bingo.

People will believe what they want to believe. 

You're trying to talk reason to someone who incapable of understanding. Might as well just give it up. Look forward to the season. I know I am. :-)

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

[QUOTE]Oh, as for Kadri - yes, it was a good idea to send him back to London.  Now he isn't scarred by that abomination of a season.  But he didn't play the first 9 games of the season last year.  And they didn't send him down so he could play in the World Juniors; Ron Wilson is on record saying that they sent him down because they had too many lousy veterans on the payroll who they had to play.  And Brandon Bochenski looked like Mike Bossy one preaseason, so before anyone suggests that Kadri will contend for the Calder this year, remember that he's played one NHL game and was goose eggs and -1.  I think he'll be a good player - not sure just how good yet - but I'm sure he won't be as good as Seguin.

Thank you.  Well said.  Let this be the last futile attempt to explain this scenario to someone who still won't get it.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Reilly24. Show Reilly24's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: WJHC Canadian Development Camp : Hit and run seems to be your style... Here's a challenge, Einstein... If Seguin doesn't play in the WJC, I never post again...  If Seguin plays, you never post again... Deal ?
    Posted by RMiller87[/QUOTE]

Don't you meen...

Here's a challenge, Einstein...

If Seguin doesn't play in the WJC, I will change my screen name... 

If Seguin plays, you change your screen name...

You can't stay away, non of us can.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from no1bruinsfan. Show no1bruinsfan's posts

roster for the games on the weekend.

http://www.hockeybuzz.com/blog/Steven-Hindle/Team-Canada-WJC-Development-Camp-RosterTeam-Red--Team-White/139/29623

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from BradyBruin. Show BradyBruin's posts

RMiller - I'll take you up - no way the B's let Seguin play - just as they did with Kessel his rookie season. Seguin WILL be on the starting roster. He is good enough.
    Seguin is at the development camp because he was invited and he hasn't officially made the Bruins yet, so there is a "chance" he could end up back in Juniors, in which case he would play - but no way does that happen. The Bruins will NOT let an investment they have made in a young player chance an injury in the WJC. Heck - the NHL doesn't want to let players play in the Olympics - even Neely didn't want to - and you think they would let the face of their FUTURE play in the WJC?
    And Reilly - you are correct.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from BRJ7. Show BRJ7's posts

2010 IIHF World Junior Championship

Preliminary Round Dec. 26 LAT 0 - CAN 16

Dec. 28 CAN 6 - SUI 0

Dec. 29 CAN 8 - SVK 2

Dec. 31 USA 4 - CAN 5 (SO)

Semi-final Jan. 03 SUI 1 - CAN 6

Jan. 03 USA 5 - SWE 2

Bronze Medal Jan. 05 SUI 4 - SWE 11

Gold Medal Jan. 05 USA 6 - CAN 5 (OT)

If this is the best the world has to offer for competition then it seems the only challenging games for the Canadian team last year was the USA. I enjoy the tournament just as much as any other Canadian. The fact remains that Canada and the US could probably have two teams added to this tournament and all four teams finish possibly 1,2,3,4 or at least finish top 6 in the tournament. Now it is a confident’s booster to win a gold or silver in this tournament but the players competing in the tournament usually compare to the talent playing in the OHL/WHL/QMJHL (Most of the players in the Tournament play in these three leagues). The European teams don't even play a checking game like the NHL/North American hockey. It's more like scrimmage hockey for the Canadian team when playing most European teams. If Hall plays in the NHL like he did in this tournament last year (with his head down) he is going to get rocked in the NHL. THE WJH Tournament doesn't have the physical side of the NHL. Tyler Seguin is only at the development camp because he's not 100 percent certain at actually making the bruins team unlike Hall for Edmonton (who need him). This is just great training for Tyler before the bruins training camp starts. In my opinion he will make the bruins team but if he struggles in the first 8 games of the season he may be sent down and if so he will be playing for the CWJ team. But I don’t really see that happening. His talent and desire to play in the NHL is too great. Why play against kids when you can play against men and still compete.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from no1bruinsfan. Show no1bruinsfan's posts

[QUOTE]2010 IIHF World Junior Championship Preliminary Round Dec. 26 LAT 0 - CAN 16 Dec. 28 CAN 6 - SUI 0 Dec. 29 CAN 8 - SVK 2 Dec. 31 USA 4 - CAN 5 (SO) Semi-final Jan. 03 SUI 1 - CAN 6 Jan. 03 USA 5 - SWE 2 Bronze Medal Jan. 05 SUI 4 - SWE 11 Gold Medal Jan. 05 USA 6 - CAN 5 (OT) If this is the best the world has to offer for competition then it seems the only challenging games for the Canadian team last year was the USA. I enjoy the tournament just as much as any other Canadian. The fact remains that Canada and the US could probably have two teams added to this tournament and all four teams finish possibly 1,2,3,4 or at least finish top 6 in the tournament. Now it is a confident’s booster to win a gold or silver in this tournament but the players competing in the tournament usually compare to the talent playing in the OHL/WHL/ QMJHL (Most of the players in the Tournament play in these three leagues). The European teams don't even play a checking game like the NHL/North American hockey. It's more like scrimmage hockey for the Canadian team when playing most European teams. If Hall plays in the NHL like he did in this tournament last year (with his head down) he is going to get rocked in the NHL. THE WJH Tournament doesn't have the physical side of the NHL. Tyler Seguin is only at the development camp because he's not 100 percent certain at actually making the bruins team unlike Hall for Edmonton (who need him). This is just great training for Tyler before the bruins training camp starts. In my opinion he will make the bruins team but if he struggles in the first 8 games of the season he may be sent down and if so he will be playing for the CWJ team. But I don’t really see that happening. His talent and desire to play in the NHL is too great. Why play against kids when you can play against men and still compete.
    Posted by BRJ7[/QUOTE]

agree 100 %

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from scottm50. Show scottm50's posts

Seguin at the Canadian Junior development camp in St Johns Newfoundland.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from RMiller87. Show RMiller87's posts

[QUOTE]If you don't think the example of Matt Duchene's 55 point season - a player who, like Seguin, didn't get the chance to play in a WJHC - is a good example of why a team would keep their player rather than send him down, then I'm sorry but you're not listening. If you think it's better for his development to play Kazakhstan, Latvia, Germany, and Switzerland than Buffalo, Montreal, Washington, Anaheim, Atlanta, Florida, and Tampa Bay (See the Dec. 2010 Schedule) - that is, test himself against men, not juniors - then I just can't explain it to you. Let me be clear on this: I love the WJHC.  I've been to three.  I'm not against the idea of Seguin playing or suggesting for one second that it wouldn't be a great experience for the kid.  I just see no reason short of Seguin struggling at the NHL level for the Bruins to send him to a lower level of competition under the guise of "development".

I'm listening...

But I just don't agree with you...

Seguin will be at the WJC in Buffalo, New York in December 2010...

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from nitemare-38. Show nitemare-38's posts

He has zero international experience.

Sorry Duinne, but he has the Int'l experience. He's played in the U16,U17 & U18 championships for Canada.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from nitemare-38. Show nitemare-38's posts

[QUOTE]Yah OK Don Cherry Canada trained and developed all the great American hockey players. Cmon you gotta throw us a bone every once in awhile and let us glow when the US wins one international gold once every 5 or 6 six years LoL!
    Posted by SanDogBrewin[/QUOTE]
    Look all I know is that when it comes to the WJC? The US have won 2 out 3 times that Can & US have met in the gold medal game. Both times the US have won I believe they came from behind to win it! Since Chelios, Richter, Modano, Amotte, Roenick & others came into the NHL the US developement is not that far behind! I am a Canadian I cheer for them like no other. However, I give the US a lot of credit how much they've improved 10 fold in their hockey program & I am more afraid of facing them then any other team on the planet! I don't care how much more talent Canada has produced over the years! The US are a team to be reckoned with & NEVER can be taken lightly. Not anymore.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Until the US can win as consistently as Canada I will only be able to take my smack talking shots every 4 or 5 years so it's all good nitemare.Laughing

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: WJHC Canadian Development Camp : I'm listening... But I just don't agree with you... Seguin will be at the WJC in Buffalo, New York in December 2010...
    Posted by RMiller87[/QUOTE]

I hope he's not.  If he is, that'll mean he's not playing all that well as a Bruin.