Woooo!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from intrinsecus. Show intrinsecus's posts

Re: Woooo!

The "WOO" was started by the goal announcer and it's caught on through the crowd. As long as he says it so shall the crowd. It's caught on so much that when there are a large number of B's fans in other arenas you can hear the "WOO" on TV. 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bruinsin2010. Show Bruinsin2010's posts

Its Ric Flair's signature chant

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mutant211. Show Mutant211's posts

It's fun.  My wife and I usually let out a big "Woooo!" and high five at home after every Bruins goal. 

I like it much better than that horrible "We want it" chant from the playoffs last season.  Chants should originate from fans of the team, not the marketing department.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from amazinglarry. Show amazinglarry's posts

The 'WOO!' is one of my favorite parts of going to Home Bruins Games.  That, and dancing along to Zombienation's Kernkraft 400. 

Even at home, if there's lots of people talking I tell them to all shutup so I can hear the "WOO!" and then of course, we all follow with it.

A lot of people don't get it though.  I was at one game where a bunch of 'too cool for school' kids were sitting behind me making fun of everyone who did the WOO, and not to mention they didn't get up and cheer during the goal celebrations to begin with.  Fans like that bother me a bit.  Let me be clear though, I don't think that EVERY fan needs to be going crazy but, at least show that you're enjoying the entertainment presented to you - and quit judging fans who are getting into it.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Remi72. Show Remi72's posts

I loved the "we want it", too, even if it was coming from the marketing department. Because, that was saying it all.......we really want the cup, so bad, after all this years.

When the crowd got up on their feets and chant "We want it", during the overtime against Carolina, I was yelling it in my living room, in Quebec, with a desperate thirst for a win.

Maybe this year....we shall believe...

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

1) The woo is Ric Flair, not hockey, it is wrestling.
    2) Ric Flair is from Carolina, they use it.
    It should be replaced by Fred Cusick's 'SCORE'

It is hockey.  It belongs to us, not some wrestler

from Carolina.

If you agree, send to

fanrelations@bostonbruins.com

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from vanoosten. Show vanoosten's posts

In Response to Re: Woooo!:
    [QUOTE]1) The woo is Ric Flair, not hockey, it is wrestling. 2) Ric Flair is from Carolina, they use it. It should be replaced by Fred Cusick's 'SCORE' It is hockey.  It belongs to us, not some wrestler from Carolina. If you agree, send to fanrelations@bostonbruins.com
    Posted by BadHabitude[/QUOTE]

I'ts not hockey it's a boston thing or a home town bruisn thing.

It's flaky and creepy. Cut it out please.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from intrinsecus. Show intrinsecus's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Woooo! : I'ts not hockey it's a boston thing or a home town bruisn thing. It's flaky and creepy. Cut it out please.
    Posted by vanoosten[/QUOTE]

::ponders:: Hrmm...nope....we're going to keep doing it. Tongue out

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from cmjoh0. Show cmjoh0's posts

I do love the "WOOO!", but if anything was to change I think having Cusick's "SCORRRRRE!" would be my pick for replacement.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from BradyBruin. Show BradyBruin's posts

Agreed on playing the Cusick SCORRRRRE after goals this season!

Can't say I've ever done the Woo, but it doesn't bother me either, I'm usually on my way to get another beer by the time he does it.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

There's only one Fred Cusick and he was the only one who knew how to do it (RIP). 
    I don't want to hear a bastardized version of " SCORRRRE ".
    As for the wooooo I can live with it. It's become pretty cool and love doing it in the faces of non-Bruin fans !

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from vanoosten. Show vanoosten's posts

That's okay guys,

When Milan Lucic signs with his hometeam Vancouver Canucks next summer we can blame the WOO Girls in Boston.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

Folks;
    Let this gain momentum, check this linke that calls for getting rid of the stupid woo.

http://daysofyorr.com/2010-articles/july/we-want-cusick.html

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from everyname. Show everyname's posts

Unfortunately, Vancouver copied the "Wooo!" chant starting last year.  It's pretty lame that other teams are starting to do it now. 

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Wheatskins. Show Wheatskins's posts

What I really like is what they do at AS Roma home games.

The PA guy announces the goal but only the players number & first name... the crowd yells out the last name.

So it goes like this:

PA Announcer:  "Gol di Roma, numero 10, il capitano, Franceeeescooooo....
    Crowd in unison scream: "TOTTI"

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from gardenbees. Show gardenbees's posts

This isn't a chant but its part of the Blackhawks presentation.  At every home game they play 'Shipping up to Boston' and have made it their own song - guess everyone borrows from someone else.  Oh well, at least our local guys will make some more royalties.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iBVAeOWTXME

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from number08. Show number08's posts

That's okay guys, When Milan Lucic signs with his hometeam Vancouver Canucks next summer we can blame the WOO Girls in Boston.
    Posted by vanoosten

How is he getting out of his current contract?
    Whoooo!!

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

Gaining momentum.

If this happens, my quality of life improves.  I want to gouge my eyes out when I hear that 'wooo'

http://www.boston.com/sports/hockey/bruins/extras/bruins_blog/2010/08/salute_to_cusic.html?camp=localsearch:on:twit:bruins

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

Don't care for the woo chant and I never do it.

That said, I also don't care if others do it.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

[QUOTE]Don't care for the woo chant and I never do it. That said, I also don't care if others do it.
    Posted by Fletcher1[/QUOTE]

and I don't care for others that do it.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

Here is a petition to sign;
    http://www.petitionspot.com/petitions/WeWantCusick#signForm

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from 306bruinsfan. Show 306bruinsfan's posts

Woooooooo!!!