World Junior Championships Saskatchewan

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from FairbankAK. Show FairbankAK's posts

Re: World Junior Championships Saskatchewan

U.S.A U.S.A U.S.A U.S.A U.S.A U.S.A U.S.A U.S.A U.S.A U.S.A U.S.A U.S.A U.S.A

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Alright US blows it open in the 3rd 5-2 final. OK rematch manana Cmon Fowler you'll need to be sharp tomorrow! It's gonna be tough Bs on Versus plus this great game!

Football, Football you say ? Nah it's Monday Night Hockey Bonanza!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from pauly1. Show pauly1's posts

Another date with the big dog.

should be great,..... can't wait.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

The game is on tuesday nite. Tomorrow it's for the Bronze.  Good thing so they get that extra days rest.
    Bs play the Sens tuesday nite on NESN and there's this gold medal game.  WHAT TO DO ?
    I'll DVR one for sure.
    Fowler looked pretty solid and mans the PP . 
    Good show boys !

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

Chef's right - this was a deliberate decision based on the support the tournament gets in Canada vs. anywhere else in the world.  Five'll get you ten that Canada games in Buffalo will sound like Canadian home games with all of the Caknuckleheads driving down from all of Ontario.  They used to cycle the tourney around the participating countries, but it was embarrassing for, say, the Czech's to have more Canadians at the gold medal game than Czechs. 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

Don't hate us for supporting our hockey program...and yes it is a huge draw over Christmas...its a tradition that starts on Dec 26th.  It was in Halfiax a few yrs back and it was outstanding.

I don't agree that we should host every year...but I do understand why they would...sold out rinks and sales.  TSN covers this thing in canada no matter where it is...but when it goes over seas the rinks are empty...

Canadian Juniors are what College Football is to the US.

I was glad the US won yesterday....man they have a fast team...funny thing is most of the players come from canadian parents like Ray Bourque...those duel citizens ships are magic...I believe Canada has one as well.  So basically they are forced to choose who they play for.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from RyanBhoy. Show RyanBhoy's posts

Pretty excited for the game against Canada. 

Had a great time watching the game last night. Those Swedes sure are creative.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

About 45 minutes away...Tick Tock Tick Tock

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

Where's Taylor Hall?

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

He's out there I saw him earlier although he did take a hit from behind.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

That wasn't sarcasm, are they limiting his ice time?

It's a game like this that means more than rankings to me - can they respond to the pressure?

I haven't been watching the whole game, but from what I saw I like the Fowler kid.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Caron had a great assist for Canada and John Carlson the big Dman for the US have impressed me. Not sarcasm just watching it online (so coudn't tell) while watching the Bs where all on the bruins blog commenting on tonights game if your watching both.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from paulyl. Show paulyl's posts

The US is pulling a Bruins out there, choking on leads

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Greatseason. Show Greatseason's posts

Go CANADA Go

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Greatseason. Show Greatseason's posts

What happened with Bergeron .... always injured !

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from scottm50. Show scottm50's posts

Going to overtime...what a GREAT GAME!!!!!!
    Whatever happens, both teams can hold their heads high...this is one of he best games I have ever watched...way to go guys!!

Gotta run, OT about to start..

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Greatseason. Show Greatseason's posts

A French-language sports radio station in Montreal (CORUS) asked its viewers last week if Montreal made a big mistake NOT taking Jordan Caron in the 2009 NHL Draft.  The Habs selected another Quebecers called Louis Leblanc, a skinny fwd who is at least three yrs away.  Hahaha. 

The show's host reminded their viewers that the Bruins snagged another French-Canadian prospect called Patrice Bergeron in the 2nd round - again ahead of the Habs. 

If Caron makes the Bruins team in a couple of years, you will sooooo hear it against Bob Gainey. 

Ole that !

Don't laugh don't Bergeron is he the one injured AGAIN ???

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from No4BobbyOrr-GOAT. Show No4BobbyOrr-GOAT's posts

Awesome game Congrats US!

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from BlueChip99. Show BlueChip99's posts

Congratulations USA for your Championship. A very talented team
    Yes, what a great game!!

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Great tourney, great play, great talent, great players, great games, great finish, it's all good Hockey at it's best all the way around! USA finally breaks that streak!

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from SoxFanInIL. Show SoxFanInIL's posts

Great game to watch, except that little 2 goal choke at the end of regulation.  US stood around waiting for someone else to take control.  Both starting goalies were terrible.  I was surprised at how small Hall was... not effective when people are Kesselling him.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

The Fowler kid is a stud.
    My stock in Hall went down.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from LoveRealHockey. Show LoveRealHockey's posts

I agree with BadHabitude on Fowler vs Hall.

If the Bruins get their lottery pick this year that would be the player I think they should get.  Hall had his moments but I got real frustrated with his lack of vision on the ice and trying to beat players 1-on-1 too much.  He seems to skake well North-South but laterally he seems to lose the puck alot.  Could be nerves as he was the youngest player on the team, but I was expecting Eberle-like offense from him given the build-up. 

I'm a big Kadri fan as well, but I don't think he played consistently well.  He played well last night, won most of the draws and generated some good offense but didn't finish his checks consistently which is a big part of his game.
    He made that nice drop pass to Alex Pietrangelo who should have gone high like he did for his short-handed goal against the US team on New Year's Eve.  Campbell makes the pad save and the US transition game took over for the win.

I think his unsportsmanship antics in the Swiss game played with his head and reduced his overall effectiveness.  He needs to toughen up mentally. D'Amigo is another Leaf draft pick and was much better than I thought.  He was a threat everytime out there with speed to burn.  As far as Leaf draft picks, he out-played Kadri in this tournament.

Eberle was amazing, by the way.  A 22nd overall draft pick in 2008!  Wonder how many GMs will be shaking their heads on that one...

Congrats to the US team.  They were faster, better coached and I think overall more talented, especially the defense that blocked so many shots and rarely out of position.  The Canadian defense was over-rated in my opinion, gave the puck away too many times and caught out of position all night long.

The US transition game was outstanding and the difference overall.  How many 2-1s, 3-2s etc did they generate?

Only disappointment for me was the goaltending which was poor overall, although Campbell held his own when he came in.

Canada was lucky to get this into overtime.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

John Carlson US Defenseman stood out for me all tournament! That kid is a thumper and he keeps his shots from the blueline low n hard! He's freakin Washington's property too dang it like they need more offensive help! CRUD!

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

In all fairness , here's a small list of players that were eligible for Team Canada but their NHL teams chose to keep them on the roster and not go back to the Juniors.  Evander Kane, John Tavares , Stamkos , Matt Duchesne . 
    If these guys were there would the U.S. have won ?