Worst franchises in pro sports

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from tbone77. Show tbone77's posts

Worst franchises in pro sports

Bruins,Clippers,Bills and the Cubs

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from jerrynewyork. Show jerrynewyork's posts

Re: Worst franchises in pro sports

In Response to Worst franchises in pro sports:
    Bruins, Clippers,Bills and the Cubs
    Posted by tbone77

and i guess any other team that hasn't won it all since the 1970's.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from tbone77. Show tbone77's posts

Its how they lost this series that puts them in the history books with the rest of the loser teams. 

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from lostinbaltimore. Show lostinbaltimore's posts

Sorry, I work for the Baltimore Orioles.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from powerdoc12. Show powerdoc12's posts

This year won't be forgotten until they hoist the cup and that may never happen in my lifetime.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from jwb413. Show jwb413's posts

THE CLAUDE JULIEN COACHED BRUINS

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from stillallbost08. Show stillallbost08's posts

In Response to Re: Worst franchises in pro sports:
    This year won't be forgotten until they hoist the cup and that may never happen in my lifetime.
    Posted by powerdoc12

so you must think this years team had championship written all over it and that they blew their chance Give me a break, this team was average at best and did a good job getting as far as they did. Last years team was more of a disappointment. They were a better team and TT was much better in the playoffs.

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from turk58. Show turk58's posts

In Response to Re: Worst franchises in pro sports:
    Detroit Lions, Clippers and the Boston Bruins.  You have to look at total years owned by one owner and how successful they have been. Jacobs has owned this team for 35 years. I give the Blackhawks a pass because Wirtz died and their sons are doing a great job now, clearly. So, check them off the list.  They are close to winning it all and it might be this year. I am jealous. I'd put the Browns in the mix, but they lost a team for 10 years and are trying to make it work.  So, you can't really put them on the same plane as this disgrace. Jacobs has a seat on a podium all by himself, though. He's mastered the business technique of a formula that gets him a profit based on a flawed philosophy from a foundation standpoint, but from a business standpoint, it's genius. It's just enough to be competitive and hope for a playoff spot to cash in.  It's no seceret the Bruins once made the playoffs 30+ years in a row until the late 90s ('96/'97, I think).  The reason why they did before Jacobs arrived was a guy named Orr. From a business perspective, he's admired. From a fan's perspective, he should be despised. For the life of me, I do not understand why people continue to throw money at Jacobs.  I just don't.  I stopped 15 years ago when he introduced a building that you could find anywhere in the country, stripping Boston of its home ice and home court advantages, making it very clean and sterile, and then spearheaded a lockout soon thereafter. Lovely. I won't go into the details of the Mike O'Connell fiasco, Thornton, etc, but it's all par for the course. You get what you pay for. The Bills need a stadium. They are in rough shape because their owner is senile, as is Al Davis in Oakland.   These aren't the same kind of scenarios. Al Davis wants to win, he's just old and dumb. These examples really aren't the same as what we have witnessed in Boston here. This is a very sick, sick individual we have with Jacobs.  A disgrace to human kind.  It just isn't what fans deserve here and Jacobs has gotten a free pass pretty much by the media here for a long, long time. There have been whispers of him being a bad owner, but he's never really had his feet held to the fire.  He dances in from Buffalo a couple times per year, sounds like a nice guy on WEEI in July, scapegoats a player or two, trades them, and then starts all over again, counting his pennies after Ringling Brothers and Disney on Ice stops by in January. There is something far more sinister and decetiful with what Jacobs does.  He's created the salary cap, or at least led the way to make sure there is one, which I have no problem with, but he's very clever; he now hides behind it and still keeps the cost down by hiring a 3rd rate GM and a 3rd rate coach. This what the Jacobs apologists are missing.  He can still go on the cheap in other ways. Ironic how Ray Shero interviewed before Chiarelli and Shero is now the GM of Pitt with a Cup Finals appearance and now a Cup within 4 years.  Hmm. Why did Shero leave? Is it always the other guy's fault and not Jacobs? A great business man is Jacobs, but when he goes to his grave, he's certainly not better than anyone else on this planet and he'll go down as a loser. A born loser.
    Posted by russgriswold
    I agree with most of the points you have made concerning JJ and the Bruins. I think that this summer will make or break the Chiarelli-Neely teams reputation. They are in a position to really improve this team for years to come in the course of one summer if the right moves are made. I am willing to give them one more chance, but bold moves must be made. The jury is out on Julien, who must change his systems to adapt to whatever new players are brought in. The future could be bright in spite of JJ.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from BTownExpress. Show BTownExpress's posts

Let's be fair.  The bRUINS did not take a downward turn, until jj (& company) acquired the team to peddle their food items and trinkets to the Boston faithful.  They have morphed into one of the worst franchises, since then.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from wolfwood. Show wolfwood's posts

Jacobs can tbe blamed anymore they  since he got his cap  the bruins have always spent close to the top of it so the being cheap argument is void, however its there personal moves that can now be  looked at  will be wating for th weaxe to drop on julien

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from bruinscam. Show bruinscam's posts

b's worst     have to agree    now in records book basically called biggest choke record

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from user_3294429. Show user_3294429's posts

Bruins under Jacobs family, like Red Sox under Yawkey family and Pats under Sullivan family, won't win a championship until ownership changes.

Sections
Shortcuts