would anyone be mad if we traded kessel?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from smittyballz. Show smittyballz's posts

Before you jump all over me. Let me explain. He has value right now. He has absolutely NO defensive prious...He skates so fast then always turns the puck over... reminds me of samsanov...He could be an amazing hockey player if he gained about 20lbs.. so in time he may be great.. but for now.. he turns the puck over as much as chara does..I am only looking for a proven goal scored who is underachieving right now..we need someone who can score.. also keep in mind I do not watch a game and then see how bad someone plays then say lets trade him.. he has been pretty bad all year as he turns the puck over more than he scores...I dont think there is anything kessel can do at this point except hit the gym..

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from stillallbost08. Show stillallbost08's posts

too young and talented to trade. needs someone to take him under their wing and teach him the game. can't teach a player to be more talented but you can teach him to play better.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from smittyballz. Show smittyballz's posts

850k and for one more year is kessel's contract..... awful game... absolutely awful we are playing awful boring hockey...

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from smittyballz. Show smittyballz's posts

well your name might speak for itself .. rob simpson is awful... and useless...I miss dale arnold.. I actuallly agree with you..but do you want to wait.. he has one more year on the books then he is a RFA...

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from smittyballz. Show smittyballz's posts

very good points I agree but think that kessel has a better fit in the AHL right now until he gets bigger.. he is just hurting the current team, and at some point the future needs to be the present... and as for boyes.. he is on a great line with good line mates.. he is overachieving right now...but still I am impressed...

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from dogmonsta. Show dogmonsta's posts

Kessel and Murray for Hossa straight up....remeber we Zach Hamill whos def. gonna make the team next year and the kids in Providence are playing their butts off... so we swallow a pill with him. We are overstocked with centers anyways. Id rather see a bunch of the Prov. kids who KNOW each other and have been playing together on the big club anyways.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from stillallbost08. Show stillallbost08's posts

It looks like that playoff benching was a great move. He has been a much better player ever since.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from fireballer58. Show fireballer58's posts

I don't care what the heck you say, I'm still gonna jump all over you. Why would you disrespect the team and ruin the flow at this point by dealing one of our best offensive players? And you're wrong, he doesnt turn the puck over all the time, he's on pace for almost 50 goals.

The dumbest thing I've ever heard.

And Chara doesn't turn the puck over that much. He still does, but not that much.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from fireballer58. Show fireballer58's posts

[Quote]Are you kidding me? 850k for a young kid who is possibly one of the fastest skaters on the ice right now in the NHL. Lets not be stupid here...

Watch his numbers go up as he gets another year under his belt, and some more weight on his frame.

Bergeron, Kessel, Lucic, Wideman, Ference, Rask = Future.

Schafer, Metropolit, Savard, Kobasew, Chara = Present

Murray, Axelsson, Ward, Thomas = Past

Kessel will be a 30 goal scorer easily. Look how long it took Boyes to finally start scoring, and look what we did with him................
    [/Quote]

You must have gone into a coma or something cuz Metropolit and Schaefer aren't even on the team anymore...also, Thomas, Axelsson and Ward aren't the past, they are entirely the present

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from ocram. Show ocram's posts

i would be mad if we traded kessel, he will score 30 goals this year!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from xenimus. Show xenimus's posts

Screw you! I am going to jump all over your retarded non-sense. Trade Kessel? Why? Oh boy, open your eyes! This kid is a freaken star! on pace for 50 goals and 70+ points. Kessel does not give up the puck! what are you watching? If anything he steals the puck away 2-3 times a game. He has done a total 360 from last season and is growing into the player people thought he would be. Remember, the ONLY reason he was not picked #1 overall was because of his attitude towards the game and some questioned his competitiveness. Well, you can throw that out the window because this kid has matured into one of the elite young players in the game. You just made yourself sound like a total idiot. Stay off these boards and go kiss some HABS a$$!

If you look around the league at top notch young forwards, you will find something in common...their not that great physically / defensively. Kane? nope. Toews? nope. Stamkos? no way. Backstrom? nope. Okoposo? hell no. You get the picture? Kessel is a natural talent, one who oozes skill that you can't teach. On the other hand however you can definitely, with time, make him a little better all-around but as Claude Julien stated last weekend, he is extremely happy the way Phil Kessel has played in all three zones. I feel the same way...

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from stillallbost08. Show stillallbost08's posts

come on guys. This thread was made a year ago. Nobody wants to trade PK.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from allypk. Show allypk's posts

Smityballsforbrains gets my vote for "Idiotic Hockey Guy Of The Year".......why does Boston have So many fans who know so LITTLE about the sport they are writing about.... this isn't even worth the electronic paper he printed it on!!!!....ya wanna talk about something...then discuss Chia moving Manny and his 4 Mil salary....is he that brave?...is Rask the real deal?.... Can Timmy carry the load (doubtful - he tires if played too many games in a row).... freeing up cap to make that one deal to get us far into the playoffs - now that is worth talking about!!!!

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from BruinsCountry. Show BruinsCountry's posts

Just further evidence that the Globe needs to find a way to kill all email threads older than say...3-6 months, so they can't be resurrected to waste everyone's time.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from cymbolicnoise. Show cymbolicnoise's posts

Pihll Kessel is one of the reason were are a top of the eastern. Is 4th in goals scored in the nhl. Are you going to find a under achiving vet that is doing that. He speed is the what the bruins need. I really think that he is improved since last year, or being benched in the playoffs. Phill is kind of player that will put fans in the seats because you never know when the next highlight real goal will be.

Do you think that Crosby and Malkin play much defense, I don't.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from dtvh1959. Show dtvh1959's posts

Clearly you have missed the progress this fine young talent has made off the puck. He is praised by all for his vast improvement at both ends of the ice. Since you have missed all of this, perhaps you also missed that he now leads the league in consecutive game points, 3rd on goals and plus 8 the last time I checked. Compare that to the stiff Brad Boyce who, unlike Kessel, is a one way player and currently a -15.

Learn your game before making such foolish remarks.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from gabootwo2006. Show gabootwo2006's posts

The only way I trade Kessel right now is if I can get a very good defenseman for him to help out the defensive rotation right now. Other than that, don't touch him and let him grow his game here as a Bruin. The Bruins are playing great right now and you don't want to disrupt the team chemistry. Plus, he is just too talented offensively to let go right now. He has that offensive mind the team needs to balance things out on the ice and keeps the opposition's defensemen from pinching in too tight offensively when he is on the ice because they have to compensate for his speed and offensive breakout ability. Therefore, that is a plus when he is on the ice.

Last year, he got the message he needed to be more of an two-way player and he did well against the Habs once he got in there. However, the Bruins could have used him during the games they lost while they sat him. Damned if we played him, damned if we didn't because Julian was looking to sure up his defense during the playoffs last year.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from moynechman. Show moynechman's posts

Mike,
    Thanks for participating in the "forum", I know you regret trading Joe Thornton but - as Gemma Hayes would say -We're a little different now.
    JJ could trade franchises, ...that might be attractive - especially with that big Frankfort order they placed with Hormel.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from bru-incanada. Show bru-incanada's posts

what? trade kessel for a proven scorer who has lost the touch for scoring(see ryder @ 4million) i dont think he should be traded at all.(and i would trade almost anyone for the right price)this kid already has 17 goals. you know those things that win games? the bruins didnt have much of that last year, hence the difference. he maybe sloppy with the puck. he maybe a puck hog but its working. not that he's comparable to the russian rocket (yet) but nowhere in pavel bure's days did he worry about passing or giving up the puck. his job was to score goals same as kessels.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from user_3758706. Show user_3758706's posts

Trade Kessel?????!!!?? Interesting.... the kid is fast, he is a sniper, and he scores goals, and he is an American. In this market that is bad.... oh yeah trade him (loco). Not to mention at the quarter point in the season his stats are as follows..... one thing the below stats do not count, the 1 goal, and 1 assist from tonight. Yeah... trade him.

Phil Kessel #81 C
    » Add Widget

2008-09 STATS

G
    A
    PTS

2008-09 FANTASY STATS

% OWN
    WK +/-
    AVG DRAFT

92.8%
    +0.3%

Full Name
    Phil Kessel

Birth Date
    October 2, 1987

Birth Place
    Madison, WI

Height
    6-0

Weight
    189 lbs.

Position
    C

Experience
    2 years

Drafted
    2006: 1st Rnd, 5th by BOS

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from crono420. Show crono420's posts

Thank god your no running the team. trade kessel, that is shear lunacy. Sit back and enjoy the season

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from juleinrules-1. Show juleinrules-1's posts

Re: would anyone be mad if we traded kessel?

The Bruins have not scored a goal in 150 mins!!!!!

I AM FURIOUS!

Sections
Shortcuts