Would you do it?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from stinkman. Show stinkman's posts

Would you do it?

Phoenix would ask for Mark stuart , Blake wheeler, and toronto first round pick for Yandel and the other young prospect the bruins have eyes for. I DOUBT  very much phoenix would want ryder.  It does not matter if they are under the cap or not, however instead of throwing wheeler in the mix would you tell phoenix if you wanted toronto first round pick you have to take on ryders contract. Guys this is just another pipe dream cooked up by hags. I will bet anything if they want yandel they will have to part ways with stuart and toronto first rounder then maybe they will take on ryders contract even that is remote.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from bim09. Show bim09's posts

Re: Would you do it?

Wheeler doesn't have a history with current mgmt.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In Response to Re: Would you do it?:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Would you do it? : he clearly didn't want to be there, my guess is they know that, and won't want a player that doesn't want to be there
    Posted by pbergeron37[/QUOTE]

I don't think Wheeler disliked Phoenix.  Who dislikes Phoenix?  I can understand not wanting to play in Edmonton or on Long Island.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

To answer the question:

B's trade a stay at home defenseman, an underachieving winger and a pick that drops down the list each day for an up and coming offensive defenseman and good prospect?

All day.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

I'd prefer to offer Hunwick instead of Stuart, since Stuart is a much more important part of the Bruins D.  And with Yandle you would literally have no need for Hunwick anymore.  Hopefully Phoenix hasn't watched him play since the spleen removal...

Can we get Zach Hamill in this deal somehow??  Tell them that he is very comfortable playing front of 6,000 people...

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from duinne. Show duinne's posts

If the Bruins want to clear salary, which is THE reason for doing any deal at this moment (if the salary cap did not exist, would we be having this discussion?), trading Hunwick OR Stuart for Yandle is a wash. And including Wheeler in the deal only nets you about $2 million in relief. They need a lot more than that.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

In Response to Re: Would you do it?:[QUOTE] Can we get Zach Hamill in this deal somehow??  Tell them that he is very comfortable playing front of 6,000 people...Posted by Fletcher1[/QUOTE]

LoL!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

[QUOTE]If the Bruins want to clear salary, which is THE reason for doing any deal at this moment (if the salary cap did not exist, would we be having this discussion?), trading Hunwick OR Stuart for Yandle is a wash. And including Wheeler in the deal only nets you about $2 million in relief. They need a lot more than that.
    Posted by duinne[/QUOTE]

I'm still thinking that Ryder to Providence might be the most plausible scenario, but since that doesn't clear all of the cap space needed, I am entertaining the notion of a trade like this.  It would provide the remainder needed in savings and a needed upgrade on D. 

Most of this talk is out of boredom with the slow early schedule -- I'm not really anticipating this trade happening...but who knows...

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from bhanlon156. Show bhanlon156's posts

[QUOTE]To answer the question: B's trade a stay at home defenseman, an underachieving winger and a pick that drops down the list each day for an up and coming offensive defenseman and good prospect? All day.
    Posted by Not-A-Shot[/QUOTE]

Which means Phoenix wouldn't.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from bhanlon156. Show bhanlon156's posts

[QUOTE]If the Bruins want to clear salary, which is THE reason for doing any deal at this moment (if the salary cap did not exist, would we be having this discussion?), trading Hunwick OR Stuart for Yandle is a wash. And including Wheeler in the deal only nets you about $2 million in relief. They need a lot more than that.
    Posted by duinne[/QUOTE]

You don't have to get all your cap relief with 1 move.  Something like this AND demoting Ryder might get you there.