Wow 3 points out of 4 without Looch & Savvy

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from StanleyCuptotheBRUINSin2010. Show StanleyCuptotheBRUINSin2010's posts

Wow 3 points out of 4 without Looch & Savvy

My prediction was 4-3 Bruins ...was close

But good job so far

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from jerrynewyork. Show jerrynewyork's posts

Re: Wow 3 points out of 4 without Looch & Savvy

gritty and well earned tie.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mutant211. Show Mutant211's posts

Much better than I was expecting.  The PK looked a lot better, and not as much scrambling around in their own zone. 

There is still plenty of work to be done, but all things considered, I am happy with the last two games. 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from dcater. Show dcater's posts

They were outplayed, and I think they looked tired in the OT...It was almost like they were trying to get through the 5 minutes, no real attempt to score until finally Chara jumped into the offensive zone for the final 35 seconds...If Raask doesn't play out of his head, no point. I don't think they played well against Nashville either. In both games, it was Begin of all people scoring 2 big goals...Anyway, with the injuries to Savard and Lucic and really no replacement for Kessel, it's going to be a rough next 5 or 6 weeks. If they can earn some points in the interim, 3 out of 4 is great, like the thread says, then it will be a big boost when the big twosome returns. I think the defensemen on this team after Wideman, Chara and Hunwick are suspect. Morris gives away the puck too much, Stuart is up and down, Ference for some reason just doesn't add much, he just is...overrated...The forwards are not deep, but this was not a deep team to begin with...not like last year...Sturm needs to pick it up, he's been a waste of space. Krejci better figure out he's Savard the next 5-6 weeks or it will be a rough patch. The goalies are fine. Both Thomas and Raask make a great tandem. Both are different, love how Raask played tonight. Saved their bacon on the short-handed attempt by Carter...Morris giveaway. Go B's!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from CarolinaClamMan. Show CarolinaClamMan's posts

Krejci is definitely getting his timing and vision back.  Better each game.  Ryder is turning it on too, driving to the net, positioning for tips and screens, getting his quick wristers off and on goal.  Wheeler has yet to show up.  And Sturm was off off off last night.  Seemed he fumbled the puck every time he got it.  Marchand shows potential but he's making mistakes. 

With Bergy and Krejci stepping up their game, we will be all right.  Hunwick could move up to forward , playing Bolychuck on D, if Stuart is able to play.  Tough guy, he should be. 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from cowboys9. Show cowboys9's posts

In Response to Re: Wow 3 points out of 4 without Looch & Savvy:
    [QUOTE]HAHA Bruins fans are the only fans in the NHL that are happy with a loss Jacobs decades of mediocre hockey has conditioned them this way Jacobs has taken Bruins fans balls a long time ago. They like what he tells them to like.
    Posted by FrenchieMcKnuckles[/QUOTE]

You have just been IGNORED.. dufus!!!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from DrCC. Show DrCC's posts

The comparative success these last two games provides support for a theory about what has been going on this year.

Two years ago, the Bruins played defense only, and were pretty much only opportunistic on offense.  They scraped their way into the playoffs, but that was about it.

Last year, with nearly the same personnel, they started the same but then had the defensemen get more involved in creating offense.  At the beginning of the year, this led to struggles while the decision making process was being learned - resulting in one goal losses and overtime games.  Once Chara and company figured it out though, they went on a tear.  If I recall correctly, the Bruins finished the season with more goals from the defense than any other team.

This year, they tried to jump right into that style of play - but without the defensive play settled first.  Without that, the result has been uneven scores and a bad defense.  Now that the team has so many new faces, the team has been forced to revert to the style from two years ago.  We will probably see a bunch of one-goal games and overtime games for the next month.

After that?  That depends on Julien.  Will he stick with defense only?  Or will he instruct the defense to begin the learning process again on when to jump up?
    If we are lucky, maybe this year will turn out to be a condensed version of the past two years.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from GahdenBoy. Show GahdenBoy's posts

[QUOTE]HAHA Bruins fans are the only fans in the NHL that are happy with a loss Jacobs decades of mediocre hockey has conditioned them this way Jacobs has taken Bruins fans balls a long time ago. They like what he tells them to like.
    Posted by FrenchieMcKnuckles[/QUOTE]

Hey Pepper McKnuckles....with the AHL roster that the Bruins currently have, they still have the same amount of victories as the Habitants do at this point in the season!! Moreover, if the Bruins have had a mediocre team these years...why this year have the Habs picked up our sloppy seconds (Hall Gill and Paul Mara haha)...Don't come here and chirp when its the Habs that have yet to beat the Bruins in 11 or 12 something straight games (including pre-season)!! As for balls...got a couple right here for you to swallow...oh ya and werent the Habs supposed to win the Cup last year as it was their centenary anniversary?? Looks like we spoiled that one for you!!! Happy 100th Meathead...say hello to Jesus Price for us!!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Posts from FrenchieMcKnuckles are hidden

HAHAHAHA IGNORE HAB TROLL!

Gotta agree with Dcater "Sturm needs to pick it up, he's been a waste of space. Krejci better figure out he's Savard the next 5-6 weeks or it will be a rough patch. The goalies are fine."

Disagree with Wideman he has been horrific! Stuart nad Ference had bad bad night last night but I think Stuart has been playing great right up to last night!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from woodtick7. Show woodtick7's posts

In Response to Wow 3 points out of 4 without Looch & Savvy:
    [QUOTE]My prediction was 4-3 Bruins ...was close But good job so far
    Posted by StanleyCuptotheBRUINSin2010[/QUOTE]

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from woodtick7. Show woodtick7's posts

The effort was great no question there. Bergeron looked good again and Marchand made some good plays.

When can we expect Sturm to show up. How about never, 3 glorious scoring chances the same result as usual no goals. What don't people get about this guy he isn't a natural goal scorer and never has been. Yeah hasbeen is a good name for him. How many times can he lose the puck in the offensive end on pp and still be put out there.

Recchi is past his prime lets be realistic.

Like another poster i'am to worried about Wheeler doesn't seem to have any jump.

Maybe its the fact that his icetime has been reduced. Why not put him on the number 1 pp could he really do any worse than Sturm has on the 1st unit and Recchi on the 2nd unit.

12. This post has been removed.

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from da-rivercharles. Show da-rivercharles's posts

Nice job hiding posts from Frenchy-McJerkPud!   

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from mattbs. Show mattbs's posts

DrCC You git the nail right on the head. 

[QUOTE]The comparative success these last two games provides support for a theory about what has been going on this year. Two years ago, the Bruins played defense only, and were pretty much only opportunistic on offense.  They scraped their way into the playoffs, but that was about it. Last year, with nearly the same personnel, they started the same but then had the defensemen get more involved in creating offense.  At the beginning of the year, this led to struggles while the decision making process was being learned - resulting in one goal losses and overtime games.  Once Chara and company figured it out though, they went on a tear.  If I recall correctly, the Bruins finished the season with more goals from the defense than any other team. This year, they tried to jump right into that style of play - but without the defensive play settled first.  Without that, the result has been uneven scores and a bad defense.  Now that the team has so many new faces, the team has been forced to revert to the style from two years ago.  We will probably see a bunch of one-goal games and overtime games for the next month. After that?  That depends on Julien.  Will he stick with defense only?  Or will he instruct the defense to begin the learning process again on when to jump up? If we are lucky, maybe this year will turn out to be a condensed version of the past two years.
    Posted by DrCC[/QUOTE]

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from CarolinaClamMan. Show CarolinaClamMan's posts

[QUOTE]The effort was great no question there. Bergeron looked good again and Marchand made some good plays. When can we expect Sturm to show up. How about never, 3 glorious scoring chances the same result as usual no goals. What don't people get about this guy he isn't a natural goal scorer and never has been. Yeah hasbeen is a good name for him. How many times can he lose the puck in the offensive end on pp and still be put out there. Recchi is past his prime lets be realistic. Like another poster i'am to worried about Wheeler doesn't seem to have any jump. Maybe its the fact that his icetime has been reduced. Why not put him on the number 1 pp could he really do any worse than Sturm has on the 1st unit and Recchi on the 2nd unit.
    Posted by woodtick7[/QUOTE]

Good analysis, woodtick.  We need the old Sturm back. 

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from huscroft28. Show huscroft28's posts

[QUOTE]                           Posts from FrenchieMcKnuckles are hidden                 HAHAHAHA IGNORE HAB TROLL! Gotta agree with Dcater "Sturm needs to pick it up, he's been a waste of space. Krejci better figure out he's Savard the next 5-6 weeks or it will be a rough patch. The goalies are fine." Disagree with Wideman he has been horrific! Stuart nad Ference had bad bad night last night but I think Stuart has been playing great right up to last night!
    Posted by SanDogBrewin[/QUOTE]

I agree with Dcater that we were outplayed by the Flyers, and probably the Predators as well, and that we may have a difficult patch here without Savard.  Lucic's intangibles are simply irreplaceable. 

That said, I think the entire defense has been suspect at best - with Chara trying to do too much for Morris who really needs to step up and earn his Black and Gold stripes - at least get your shots on goal or retire #53 to Jeremy Reich.  Stuart has been forced to compensate for both Ference (is his play lost somewhere amidst the PA mess?) and Hunwick, who needs to rehone his skills in Providence which won't happen (why did he give the puck to Wideman on a 2 foot pass next to our goal which ended up in unnecessary Flyer's pressure in our zone - I would have benched him faster than he can say Kevin Stevens if they'd scored as a result).  Stuart's not yet the player to consistently make up for others' too-many-mistakes (he benefitted a lot from having Hnidy with him last year and when Shane lost the puck at least he snarled about it).  Stuart needs the steady partner so he can make the quick first pass and focus on drilling an opposing forward in our zone.  Dennis Who? - why not let Fata and Boychuk have a shot and push Ference, Wide...Who? and Hunwick to perform as they should be doing.

We lost depth with the departure of Axelsson and Yelle but our young guys are a season older - is the strength of last year's regular season giving them false confidence (yes, you Blake Wheeler)?  I think Sturm's been dependable - he needs the puck in more open space and he'll be hurt by Savard's injury.  I thought Krejci was the best of our forwards last night and he'll get stronger once his hip fully recovers.  I'd like Bergeron to be the leader up front - I can see signs of his play returning to his pre-Randy Jones (I wasn't allowed to use my first choice of nouns here) form.  Speaking of leadership and character, give Recchi's 28 back to Jamie Huscroft (or even Garry Galley) and let Recchi wear 19 until he figures out why he was resigned (he was in front in the dirty area on Huwick's goal, I'll concede). 

I'd play Thomas and Rask on alternate nights until one of them has a game-winning performance - let them compete with each other to get on a roll because we could use it.  I'm glad Thornton's expected to play versus Ottawa.  OK, I'm exhausted.

There's a chance to build some genuine character in the next 5-6 weeks - I hope it happens and we can hang in until 91 and 17 are back and 33 and 45 find some consistent and dependable play. 

Sections
Shortcuts