WOW, stocking up on "CENTERS" W/Knight and Spooner Picks

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from OlsonicCreations. Show OlsonicCreations's posts

Re: WOW, stocking up on "CENTERS" W/Knight and Spooner Picks

In Response to Re: WOW, stocking up on "CENTERS" W/Knight and Spooner Picks:
    Atlanta has been drafting in the top 10 for 10 years.  It's not that simple.  You have to know when to pick, who to pick and how to allocate the money. Of course it matters who the owner is. Bill Wirtz died and his sons were aggressive putting them over the top to finally win it.  He wasn't even involved the last few years because he became senile.  I am just using him as an example because of how abusive he was to the fans, like JAcobs is here. You don't even know who Bill Wirtz is.   As for the players who have been drafted, that's correct other than me reading about them the last few years, etc, wondering who the Bruins might get, I have never seen most, if not all (outside of some college games) play live.  I highly doubt anyone here has seen many live games in the OHL or other leagues in Canada.
    Posted by russgriswold

Feel free to respond to being absolutely owned by my previous post.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from joeschmo25. Show joeschmo25's posts

I am disappointed about some of the players the Bruins passed over, but honestly people, start thinking before you make some comments. 

Yea, Spooner and Knight are centers now, that has no effect on their ability to change to the wing. They're offensively talented and have a good compete level. 

Someone may be moved along the way, whether it's guys we have now get traded at some point or maybe one of these two get traded along the way, the only thing these picks say is that we have options. They're both good enough players and they're going to be the type of player that the NHL will be seen as in a few years.

This may not be the most ideal looking draft, but there's nothing that says this won't be a good draft for us. 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from ssags111. Show ssags111's posts

Dale Tallon just bitchslapped Chiarelli this week. Tallon builds a CUp in Chicago under horrendous ownership and now he's abused Chiarelli in a trade and worked the draft board like Bill Belichick.  Florida is going to be a force soon.
    Posted by russgriswold

LOL-I guess you didn't hear Bill Wirtz died in 2007 and his son took over.  The Hawks  have thrown the old ways the Hawks lived under out the window when he took over.  Here is another thing...the Hawks got into serious trouble for suspect contracts which led to the demotion of Tallon.  Tallon is not the GM...get your facts straight.

It is one thing to be a troll, it is another to be completely wrong when you act like one. 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from OlsonicCreations. Show OlsonicCreations's posts

Re: WOW, stocking up on

In Response to Re: WOW, stocking up on:
    In Response to Re: WOW, stocking up on : Laughable. How do you expect any of these players to make a team as loaded as Pittsburgh's the last few years? GAME, SET AND MATCH Only you would complain about a successful GM.
    Posted by russgriswold

LOLOLOLOL you apologist, I'll take it a step further then. Tell me any of Pittsburgh picks that are even still prospects?

The Bruins are loaded as well, although you don't wanna admit it.

And you think the Hawks are some-how genius for having the right to draft Kane and Toews in back to back season.. Look at all their gems they used to build their team (which is being dismantled due to salary cap reasons)

You are so full of crap it isn't even funny. You literally haven't provided a single good point.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from ssags111. Show ssags111's posts

In Response to Re: WOW, stocking up on "CENTERS" W/Knight and Spooner Picks : Feel free for everyone to see you are under the age of 20 because you the used the word "owned" like a teenie-bopper. GAME, SET and MATCH This means you were born around 1990.  haha
    Posted by russgriswold

Wow- why hasn't Cam hired you?  I know---you're a loud mouthed dope that acts like he is 12.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from ssags111. Show ssags111's posts

In Response to Re: WOW, stocking up on : LOLOLOLOL you apologist, I'll take it a step further then. Tell me any of Pittsburgh picks that are even still prospects? The Bruins are loaded  as well, although you don't wanna admit it.
    Posted by OlsonicCreations

Yo bro, ignore the troll, he does not even have his facts straight. 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from OlsonicCreations. Show OlsonicCreations's posts

Questions I've asked Russ:

1) Show me the picks you think PC should made in 2007, 2008, 2009
    2) tell me why Caron and Colborn were bad picks
    3) Show me the good picks Ray Sherro has made
    4) Show me the good picks the Blackhawks have made
    5) Why does it matter if Sherro visited Boston first?
    6) Give me a reason why Jacobs is responsible for the Bruins not winning a cup since the salary cap was invented.

answer: ...still waiting....

why are these questions relevant?

First, you criticized PC for not having a good draft-record, so surely you must first prove his draft history is bad, and second that he should have done something different. So if you come back at me, "I never said they were busts" than you must recognize how blatant your backtracking is.

Second, you claimed the Bruins missing out on Ray Shero was because our owner didn't shell out enough cash, not because Sherro wanted to go to a place which was garunteed to have success. So, surely, you should show that Sherros decision was about the money, and then show that Sherro was a superior drafter, and would have done better with the Bruins than Peter Chiarelli.

Third, You talk about how great the Blackhawks have been. show me how they built their team through the draft.

You can't say on one hand, PC is a bad GM because he hasn't drafted well, then on the other hand say you don't build Stanley cup champions through the draft. It's mental

I have ripped apart and destroyed every argument you have made, with EVIDENCE. You still have yet propose a single theory that holds water.

Keep spewing the Jacobs dogma

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from joeschmo25. Show joeschmo25's posts

In Response to Re: WOW, stocking up on "CENTERS" W/Knight and Spooner Picks : LOL-I guess you didn't hear Bill Wirtz died in 2007 and his son took over.  The Hawks  have thrown the old ways the Hawks lived under out the window when he took over.  Here is another thing...the Hawks got into serious trouble for suspect contracts which led to the demotion of Tallon.  Tallon is not the GM...get your facts straight. It is one thing to be a troll, it is another to be completely wrong when you act like one. 
    Posted by ssags111

You're right, Tallon isn't the GM. But he was in charge for most of the decisions that lead Chicago to the Cup.

Yes the team started looking optimistic when Wirtz died, but Tallon was already making moves before he died, he was just able to sign the people he needed after Wirtz died.

Even though he had his faults, except for the Cam Barker trade (which brought in Kim Johnsson), Tallon was the architect for that team, bringing in Sharp, Versteeg, Hossa, Campbell and John Madden. 

He may have put that team in a shaky financial setting, but his workings (and Chicago's horrible record for 05-06 and 06-07) won them the Cup.

I think Tallon is setting up Florida to be a big success in a few years (provided that the players work out like they're expected to). Gudbranson, Bjugstad, Howden and McFarland have the potential to be good 1st or 2nd line players (depending on your opinion on the potentials of each player), and Petrovic and Brickley are good depth players should they continue their development.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from OlsonicCreations. Show OlsonicCreations's posts

In Response to Re: WOW, stocking up on "CENTERS" W/Knight and Spooner Picks : When you name Chiarelli's best draft pick other than Seguin, show me a ring and graduate high school, then I might answer your questions. Until then, you are a Jacobs apologist. Dale Tallon/Ray Shero />Chiarelli. I don't care HOW you build your team. A good GM does it through the draft and FA.  It's both.  Stop focusing only on the draft, pretending somehow Shero didn't have his teams in back to back Cups recently. Smart moves, good contracts and not missing on 1st rd picks are crucial. Someday, you'll learn these ideas.
    Posted by russgriswold

I think Joe Colborne was his best draft pick so far. Then Caron. 

I think you've talked a lot but haven't made any claims that have been backed up by evidence. I think it's obvious to everyone.

To be honest, I think you have serious learning disabilities.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

In Response to Re: WOW, stocking up on "CENTERS" W/Knight and Spooner Picks : Shocker.....
    2007 Draft: Show me the gems taken after Hamil http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2007_NHL_Entry_Draft#Round_one
    2008 Draft: By All accounts, Joe Colborne  had a pretty good sophmore season @ minnesota over 1 point per game.. And once again I'll ask you, show me the gems taken after Colborne

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2008_NHL_Entry_Draft#Round_one 2009 Draft Jordan Caron: Show me the gems taken after Caron http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2009_NHL_Entry_Draft#Round_onePostedby OlsonicCreations

^This!!!

PS. Russ, 
                 Tallon and Shero didn't need a scouting staff to draft in the top 5 every year to shape there teams. Ask Bowman what he's going to do with the mess of Huet and Campbell's contracts that "The Great Tallon" left.

Shero flew in to interview with Boston as a common courtesy knowing he would take the Pittsburgh job where they had just had 4 top 5 draft picks just taken.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from islamorada. Show islamorada's posts

Questions I've asked Russ: 1) Show me the picks you think PC should made in 2007, 2008, 2009 2) tell me why Caron and Colborn were bad picks 3) Show me the good picks Ray Sherro has made 4) Show me the good picks the Blackhawks have made 5) Why does it matter if Sherro visited Boston first? 6) Give me a reason why Jacobs is responsible for the Bruins not winning a cup since the salary cap was invented. answer: ...still waiting.... why are these questions relevant? First, you criticized PC for not having a good draft-record, so surely you must first prove his draft history is bad, and second that he should have done something different. So if you come back at me, "I never said they were busts" than you must recognize how blatant your backtracking is. Second, you claimed the Bruins missing out on Ray Shero was because our owner didn't shell out enough cash, not because Sherro wanted to go to a place which was garunteed to have success. So, surely, you should show that Sherros decision was about the money, and then show that Sherro was a superior drafter, and would have done better with the Bruins than Peter Chiarelli. Third, You talk about how great the Blackhawks have been. show me how they built their team through the draft. You can't say on one hand, PC is a bad GM because he hasn't drafted well, then on the other hand say you don't build Stanley cup champions through the draft.  It's mental I have ripped apart and destroyed every argument you have made, with EVIDENCE. You still have yet propose a single theory that holds water. Keep spewing the Jacobs dogma

Olsonic, you have clearly have stated a good argument, the problem is it takes two to argue.  Next time if you want to debate try NAS or TrytoBearit, they are the conveyers of negative thought, but they are intelligent when doing so.  Man, what a beat down.  

Oh yes, I am dumbfounded by the Knight pick.  Otherwise, the whole 2nd round for every team is a carp shoot.  

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from OlsonicCreations. Show OlsonicCreations's posts

yeah, I got a little carried away. I don't mind people negatively analyzing players, because they clearly influence the game. But when someone argues that an owner is responsible for anything other than writing checks in the new NHL, I would say they need to get a grip. Especially when we know how Jacobs likes to stay away from the hockey operations.

But at least the kid coulda stuck with one argument; his points were infinitely flexible. He started off blabbing about the draft, I owned him there, then by the end of the beating he started telling me that the draft isn't important, then I called him out for backtracking.. he ignored that. Then he finally said, "well they are both important", and even that is ridiculous because the only notable draftees from the last few NHL champions have been their #1 #2 overall picks, not some super dooper scouting team that built a winner through home-runs on late-round picks. 

Best part was when he blamed Jacobs for being cheap and not "opening up the wallet" for Sherro... that was priceless. Especially since Sherro got handed a winner. The guy didn't draft a single good player (aside from #2 Overall Staal), and I honestly don't think that makes him a bad GM; if you study the draft history, late 1st round picks have a habit of busting. I could have won a Stanley Cup as the GM of Crosby and Malkin and Staal. Sherro's number one issue has been to find a wing to play with Crosby...IMAGINE such an easy job, when basically anyone you pick is going to have the benefit of playing with the best playmaking center in the game.... it's pretty hard to look bad.

It comes down to this, if you want to run your mouth, you should be prepared to back-up your statements, not just jump-ship on your argument and start up a new one when you get called out. It was the ultimate straw-man example. I can't stand that kind of Jeremy Jacobs dogma, because it used to run rampant on these boards. Kids like him that spend their time on the Red Sox boards second guessing-Francona, would hop over here during the playoffs, watch the team for the first time all season, and then start making sweeping generalizations about exactly why the team is lost and who is responsible--it's madness.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from jalvis. Show jalvis's posts

Dale Tallon just bitchslapped Chiarelli this week. Tallon builds a CUp in Chicago under horrendous ownership and now he's abused Chiarelli in a trade and worked the draft board like Bill Belichick.  Florida is going to be a force soon.
    Posted by russgriswold

I don't think Tallon worked like Belichick at all.  He didn't trade out of a round and didn't draft someone that everyone else said was a stretch to picked at that point.  If anything, PC was one who traded out of a round (#15) and picked a player that everyone felt was a stretch (Knight).

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from islamorada. Show islamorada's posts

yeah, I got a little carried away. I don't mind people negatively analyzing players, because they clearly influence the game. But when someone argues that an owner is responsible for anything other than writing checks in the new NHL, I would say they need to get a grip. Especially when we know how Jacobs likes to stay away from the hockey operations. But at least the kid coulda stuck with one argument; his points were infinitely flexible. He started off blabbing about the draft, I owned him there, then by the end of the beating he started telling me that the draft isn't important, then I called him out for backtracking.. he ignored that. Then he finally said, "well they are both important", and even that is ridiculous because the only notable draftees from the last few NHL champions have been their #1 #2 overall picks, not some super dooper scouting team that built a winner through home-runs on late-round picks.  Best part was when he blamed Jacobs for being cheap and not "opening up the wallet" for Sherro... that was priceless. Especially since Sherro got handed a winner. The guy didn't draft a single good player (aside from #2 Overall Staal), and I honestly don't think that makes him a bad GM; if you study the draft history, late 1st round picks have a habit of busting.  I could have won a Stanley Cup as the GM of Crosby and Malkin and Staal. Sherro's number one issue has been to find a wing to play with Crosby...IMAGINE such an easy job, when basically anyone you pick is going to have the benefit of playing with the best playmaking center in the game.... it's pretty hard to look bad. It comes down to this, if you want to run your mouth, you should be prepared to back-up your statements, not just jump-ship on your argument and start up a new one when you get called out. It was the ultimate straw-man example. I can't stand that kind of Jeremy Jacobs dogma, because it used to run rampant on these boards. Kids like him that spend their time on the Red Sox boards second guessing-Francona, would hop over here during the playoffs, watch the team for the first time all season, and then start making sweeping generalizations about exactly why the team is lost and who is responsible--it's madness.

What I have read over the past several years on Boston hockey boards is JJ is not well liked.  I have also learned that the owner does not have as much control over the team in the new CBA era (Cap).  

The odd part of the 2nd round onward is Chiarelli went with smallish players.  I think he sincerely believes that smaller players are a better gamble in later rounds.  They are not generally picked in the 1st round but some do become excellent NHL players, ie. Martin St. Louis.  32nd pick though is very confusing. 

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Kind of funny how Olsonic Drip is claiming my posts are worthless. Pretty ironic. He can't name me one good draft pick in Chiarelli's 5 drafts other than Seguin. Telling.
    Posted by russgriswold

I'd say OC is right.  All I've seen in your posts are attempts at spreading misinformation (aka lies) and a bunch of crying.

Sections
Shortcuts