Zach Hamill

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from shaunk. Show shaunk's posts

Zach Hamill

I wouldn't be suprised if the Bruins brought him up for a week or so after this west coast trip, and also when Bergeron is back.  Although he hasn't been too productive in the AHL, he has to be put to the test in the big club at some point.  When the Bruins come back from the west coast, they face Ottawa, Columbus Blue Jackets, Ottawa again, and then Carolina.  Good time to get some NHL experience for this kid and perhaps showcase him for a trade.  If he plays well the cost might go down for a big name player.  If not, bring on Taylor Hall.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

Re: Zach Hamill

How this guy ever got drafted 7th overall is a mystery to me, hopefully whoever scouted him got fired.  I noticed his numbers went spiralling downward in juniors right after he got drafted.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from dhitch. Show dhitch's posts

Yeah Boston has had some bad picks in the last few drafts. Hamill is one of them that I dont believe will ever pan out. No way he is even a projected second line center.

Hopefully they get Cam Fowler in this draft because this team is as shallllllow as they come on the blueline in the future.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

p37.
    oh yeah, hadn't thought of that.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from MRELD. Show MRELD's posts

As a P-B's season ticket holder, please people....move on from this kid. He is awful. He gets pushed around and can't do much against AHLers. They blew it with this kid....and that's just it, he looks like a little kid against men. I hope we keep the draft picks from the trades we've made and draft someone who can score. I agree with the scout getting fired. I hope we have people who know what they are doing making the decisions. Keep all the picks, ours and Toronto's. This year, looks like we missed the boat so lets build for next year. And the guys in Providence have the same problem as Boston, no one can score.....guess they are consistent with the "philosophy" here as they are in Boston.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from crono420. Show crono420's posts

wasn't hammill really good in the pre season with the b's. Bring him up

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from terry24. Show terry24's posts

I am with MRELD, I say keep the picks.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from ecb19. Show ecb19's posts

The way things are going now we may be sellers at the trade deadline anyway.  Maybe we can trade some of these underachievers for more picks.  Such a frustrating team to watch right now!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from JefffromMaine. Show JefffromMaine's posts

Yeah, its not like EVERY team in the NHL had him rated from 5-10 in the draft that year.

Few teams, if any, would have passed over him at 7.

Taking shots like that shows how ignorant some people here are.

Later

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from winexpos. Show winexpos's posts

Looks like they are trying to get size. The Bruins last two 1st round picks were drafted for size.

Joe Colborne 6'5" was 190 lbs when drafted but has bulked up this season.

Has the size that every team dreams of but is still learning how to use it to his full advantage. The growth spurt is still relatively recent and so Colborne is still making the adjustment mentally that he can do much more than he believes he can from a physical perspective.

Jordan Caron 6' 2" 200 lbs

Caron is an aggressive player unafraid to go where angels won't tread.  A battler on the ice, Caron excels at driving to the net either with the puck in hand or to knock in rebounds and deflections

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from jessup07. Show jessup07's posts

give the kid a break, he isnt going to break the bank by keeping him in prov and letting him develope, not that they compare, but joe thornton was in the nhl for what? 4 years before he became a somebody and savard was a really long time getting good.  you cant expect every draft pick to blossom into superstars every night, look at draft history, tons of 1st round picks turn out to be busts, and tons that do make it the nhl that had stellar offensive numbers in the minors have turned out to be 3rd and 4th line checkers in the nhl.  take a pill, relax, put your feet up and daydream about this april when boston can finally draft a no brainer (hopefully) franchise guy!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

I'm hoping they draft a guy with a brain this time.  The last #1 no-brainer they drafted couldn't figure out how to shoot, go to the net, or use his size to protect the puck from Saku Koivu.

Hamill...boy...not encouraging to hear P-Bruins ticket holders rip the kid.  Even from afar, his numbers do not look good.  He's clearly been passed on the charts by Marchand, Lehtonen, maybe even Arniel.  I continue to hope that his other ball will drop, though, and he'll add enough mass to protect the puck.  He's got that A+ vision and instinct for what to do with the puck provided he's not lying in a heap on the ice because someone rag-dolled him again.  Proof once again that no matter how much skill you have, you have to have the will and physique to earn the ice you need to use it.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from gerrharr. Show gerrharr's posts

Dave Pasin! It's the way back machine! He probably just looked good when compared to Craig Neinhaus.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bruins6. Show Bruins6's posts

David Orr , Logan Couture is ranked as the second best prospect in the Ahl by the hockey news, so you would have been right there too.
    Stuart was a pick of necessity in 03 as we had no d-men but you are right as Parise was a no-brainer.
    I have heard the 2010 draft compares to 2003, the Bruins will be in great shape if the case
    For Hamill well if he was the real deal he would be in Boston now replacing Savard or Bergeron.It's hard wathcing Begin play 16 minutes these days

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Reilly24. Show Reilly24's posts

marco100, Riendeau was a free agent signing, not  a waist of a pick, not a waist of anything. If he dosn't pan out we lost nothing. If he does it's a freebee.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from boullion. Show boullion's posts

HAMILL = BUST

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bruins6. Show Bruins6's posts

I was praying Columbus wouldn't take Jacub Voracek the night of the draft .

Here is what the hockey news said about Logan Couture
    2. Logan Couture, C, Worcester Sharks (San Jose)
    It was feared by some that 20-year-old Couture had stalled in his development as a junior. But now that he’s a pro that certainly doesn’t seem to be the case. Despite being a rookie and having played just 27 games, Couture is sixth in league scoring with 14 goals and 39 points; he also leads the AHL with six game-winners.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from No4BobbyOrr-GOAT. Show No4BobbyOrr-GOAT's posts

Caron is better now than Bitz Sob Whit right now and he is physical and can skate and has size.

Hamil was a and is a figure skater, son of Dorothy I think. In saying that, he looked good in preseason, not sure of injuries causing problems??? If he can find his testcle as someone suggested, he has the skating to get him into the NHL instead of Bears On Ice.

Daigle was also a sure thing and he could skate and he was an NHL player and then he just faded away as did his competition at the time Yashin after signing for big dollars.

The draft was is and always will be a crap shoot. To rest our future on these sure things that are not a Crosby is not going to put a cup here anytime soon. You make your team better whatever it takes, you don't rent unless it costs you nothing and you don't sit in a vacuum saying it will be better in 5 years look at all the wonderful picks we have. Yes we have a cap, we also have accountants that by now should be creative to hammer out what we need.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

Hamill needs a chance to play with the big club before i am willing to call him a bust.Some players,for whatever reason,put up better numbers in the NHL than the AHL.Tyler Bozak for the leafs is a perfect example.His point total in AHL was not as high as the leafs thought yet when given the opportunity he came in and scored a highlight reel goal last night against Philly.Hamill needs similar opportunity.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

dez,
    I hear that, but the AHL guys that go well in the NHL show something in the AHL, there's a bit of a spark there. And Hamill doesn't show any spark.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

Lol!  Stevenson!  KPD had a hi-larious piece on him in the notes a few years back.  Guy was making a comeback in some semi-pro feeder league for the ECHL and felt that he was a star who never got a chance.  What he was was a lazy, arrogant, borderline fat, slow, stiff player who should thank the ghost of Evgeni Ryabchikov that he's not the worst player ever drafted by the Bruins in the first round.  AND he had the worst mullet.

Got into a fight with Pierre McGuire on a call-in show years ago over Kyle Wanvig - the proto-Lucic given his size, his WHL background, and the fact he was a Memorial Cup MVP.  Bruins dealt him to Toronto for Jonas Hoglund in the infamous broken fax incident, and I was disappointed.  Hoglund was a third-liner who could score some garbage goals - not a major roster upgrade - but Wanvig spent so much time on his butt there was no way he'd ever play in the NHL.  I said something about him spending more time on his keester than John Tonelli, and there should be a Tonelli Standard where "as much as John Tonelli" is the max amount of time you can spend sitting on the ice and still have an NHL career.  McGuire ripped into me about Tonelli having a pretty successful career (yep) and that Wanvig would be an NHL player for a long time.  Don't look it up.  His best NHL year was goals with the Wild.

My point, other than there's a reason Pierre's on TV and not scouting, is that it's pretty easy to get sucked in when you watch some of these guys dangle against juniors.  Wes Walz?  Cam Mann?  Saddest of all, the late Bryan Fogarty?  And big guys, kids who have the bodies of men by the time they're 18, look like men among boys.  I always wince a bit when I see a kid get drafted because he was a power forward in Junior.  One thing to be a power forward against Joe Spliff from Elmira who weighs in at a buck sixty and sounds like the fry cook on the Simpsons.  Another thing to be a power forward against Chara, Pronger, Weber, Keith, Seabrook, Phaneuf, Visnovsky or any NHL #1 or #2 D.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from davecarr. Show davecarr's posts

You don't put someone in the big leagues if they can't hack it in the minors, dezaruchi.

Imagine if all the promising, half talents that languished in the minors were called up at some point "just to see how they do"? Each time you did that, you would take away a roster spot from someone who HAS proven themselves.

You can't win against men if you can't win against boys. Do you really think he'll perform better against the best in the world than he can against will-be's and has-beens?

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

Thanks David.  I think you're right on Karsums and Lashoff too.  There has to be a story of some kind with Karsums, though.  When they drafted him, I was higher on him than Krejci - which means I was just high apparently.  Guy was a bulldog.  Seemed like he was starting to apply that level of play to the AHL before he was dealt, and I couldn't figure out why he never got a look.  He hasn't made an impression in TB either.  Could be personality; remember that incident where suddenly he left for the Latvian national team?  Then he was back in Prov.?  Maybe one of the P-Bruin ticket holders can shed some light?

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bruins6. Show Bruins6's posts

Kalus was drafted the same year as Lashoff if my memory is correct. He was rated high but had issues, he was traded for Fernandez with a 4th
    The Kessel-Alexandrov-Lucic-Marchand draft looks like it could be a good one if Alexandrov comes over next year and Marchand amounts to something
    The Lars Johnsson ,Martin Samuelson first round picks set us back, considering we traded Raymond Bourque away that year

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from crono420. Show crono420's posts

All these negative comments on Hammill and he hasn't got to play one game this year with the B's. He had a great preseaon with the B's and got nothing but praise from Julien. Bring him up and give the kid a chance. The haters on this boards obviously know nothing about hockey