Zach Hamill

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from dustyisacat. Show dustyisacat's posts

Zach Hamill

3 points last night. http://www.providencebruins.com/FrontPage/Index

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from wallydouglas. Show wallydouglas's posts

Re: Zach Hamill

Nice, this kid is coming around

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Crowls2424. Show Crowls2424's posts

I have been critical of this kid's lack of progress, but he is heating up.

Over his last 5 games:
    3-6-9 +7

His season totals still don't excite anyone (through 53 games)
    12-21-33 +/-0

He's still only 21, maybe this recent surge increases his value on the trade market?

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from dustyisacat. Show dustyisacat's posts

Or his value to the Bruins ?

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from shaunk. Show shaunk's posts

He is still only 21.  It is tough to watch a 1st round draft pick develop so slowly, but I would say he has at least another year to prove he belongs on the NHL stage.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from bigblue72. Show bigblue72's posts

In Response to Re: Zach Hamill:
    Posted by dustyisacat

His line is really clicking. Lammers is just as fast as Zach, and Arneil and Weller have been alternating on the other wing. This line is really geling and playing well. Sabourin played awesome last night too.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from shaunk. Show shaunk's posts

Although I see Marchand with the B's next season.  There is not much left for him to do in Providence, other than staying healthy.  He is still scoring and he is coming off of a rather serious injury

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from JWensink. Show JWensink's posts

Marchand and Hamill aren't big or strong enough for the NHL. They both get thrown off the puck way too easily. This "type" player is something this franchise needs to avoid in the future.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Crowls2424. Show Crowls2424's posts

Posted by dustyisacat

How does Hamill crack the lineup, seems like the B's already have three playmaking centers under contract next year?  Is Hamill a better prospect than Sobotka, Colborne or Sauve?  Not to mention the five 1st and 2nd round picks in the 2010 draft, and the four in the 2011 draft.  This team has organizational depth at center, they should use those assets to acquire help on the wing. 

If Hamill can help them improve this team in a trade, then I would not hesitate moving him.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

I have been critical of this kid's lack of progress, but he is heating up. Over his last 5 games: 3-6-9 +7 His season totals still don't excite anyone (through 53 games) 12-21-33 +/-0 He's still only 21, maybe this recent surge increases his value on the trade market?
    Posted by Crowls2424

Like I said on the other Hamill thread, the hope comes from this long stretch of strong play rather than his entire season.  With three points last night, he's better than a point/game over the last month.  At the AHL All-Star Break, Hamill was a -9; now he's even, meaning he's +9 over 11 games.  Now, we're talking one month, so hardly time to start sewing his name on Bruins jersey, but we now know he can be an impact player.  Question now is whether he can do this for an entire season.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from dustyisacat. Show dustyisacat's posts

In Response to Re: Zach Hamill : How does Hamill crack the lineup, seems like the B's already have three playmaking centers under contract next year?  Is Hamill a better prospect than Sobotka, Colborne or Sauve?  Not to mention the five 1st and 2nd round picks in the 2010 draft, and the four in the 2011 draft.  This team has organizational depth at center, they should use those assets to acquire help on the wing.  If Hamill can help them improve this team in a trade, then I would not hesitate moving him.
    Posted by Crowls2424

Very true ! I agree . How does Hamill crack the lineup ? They are loaded at the center position and not so at the wings. Trade is a good option to have to shore up the wing position. But what I'd also like to see is for them to try some of these players out at the wing position. Hamill ? No I don't think he's strong enough for that . But Colborne (big), Bergeron (has played the wing occasionally before) and Sauve (speed) could all be fits for the wings. Just because your TITLE coming out of junior and college is center doesn't mean youre not suited to play the wing. (e.g. Kessel.) To be able to play all 3 forward positions gives the coach flexibility. Taylor Hall does it for Windsor . Why not some of these others if we can't acquire a  good winger through trade ?

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

//They both get thrown off the puck way too easily. This "type" player is something this franchise needs to avoid in the future./

This is the one thing that bothers me the most about the current Bruins forwards. The drafting of Colborne and Caron plus the youth of Krejci n Lucic is moving in a better direction. Happy to see Hamill doing better and if the Bs keep him and develop him more it's not like they can't throw him on wing it's been done before.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from crono420. Show crono420's posts

JUST BRING HIM UP, WHY ARE WE WASTING HIS POINTS IN THE MINORS

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from bigblue72. Show bigblue72's posts

After a slow start, mainly due to seeing different faces on his line every night, his play of late has been above average. But I don't see him making making an impact on an NHL line anytime soon. I'd like to see him spend another year in Providence to really get up to speed.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from dustyisacat. Show dustyisacat's posts

After a slow start, mainly due to seeing different faces on his line every night, his play of late has been above average. But I don't see him making making an impact on an NHL line anytime soon. I'd like to see him spend another year in Providence to really get up to speed.
    Posted by bigblue72

Probably best to hear it from someone who sees him play. Thanks bigblue. 

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from StanJohnthan. Show StanJohnthan's posts

I think you have to keep him around until next years trade deadline. the reason being that Bergy contract is up and if he wants 6 million per year you're going to need someone to take his spot and that will be Hamill or Colboure

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In Response to Re: Zach Hamill : Like I said on the other Hamill thread, the hope comes from this long stretch of strong play rather than his entire season.  With three points last night, he's better than a point/game over the last month.  At the AHL All-Star Break, Hamill was a -9; now he's even, meaning he's +9 over 11 games.  Now, we're talking one month, so hardly time to start sewing his name on Bruins jersey, but we now know he can be an impact player.  Question now is whether he can do this for an entire season.
    Posted by Bookboy007

I have also been giving support to Hamill all season.Crazy how quickly people want to call a kid a bust.I know from watching the Flames AHL club here in Saint john that some players need more time to learn their craft.An undrafted Marty St.Louis spent the better part of 2 seasons on the farm before calgary decided he was a bust and sent him to Tampa.Not to mention guys like Cory Stillman(6th overall pick),another prospect that took 2 full seasons in the AHL before continuing on to a solid NHL career.I still expect him to become a good NHL player.Whether it will be for the Bruins I don't know.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Orrthebest. Show Orrthebest's posts

4 assists and a +5 in the Pbruins win over over Binghamton.  Has he finally turned the corner?

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

In Response to Re: Zach Hamill : His line is really clicking. Lammers is just as fast as Zach, and Arneil and Weller have been alternating on the other wing. This line is really geling and playing well. Sabourin played awesome last night too.
    Posted by bigblue72

Lammers is just as fast as Zach
    that's not saying very much is it?

also, re: Martin St. Louis spending a lot of time in the AHL, a late bloomer plus he wasn't even drafted.  Much different expectation level than a first rounder.

People are quick to say a player is a bust because most of the time they are right.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

Yeah, but being right predicting draft busts is like predicting your lottery tickets aren't going to win the jackpot.  Much safer bet than saying a guy will turn it around or fulfill his promise.  As for expectations, once a guy's in the organization, who cares what the expectations are.  Shouldn't the goal be to put the players you have in the best position to succeed and hit or exceed their talent threshholds?  Expectations is all-or-nothing thinking where if the #8 pick isn't your #1 centre three years into his career, might as well take him out back of the woodshed with ol' Yeller.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from crono420. Show crono420's posts

4 assists and a +5 in the Pbruins win over over Binghamton.  Has he finally turned the corner?
    Posted by Orrthebest

Lets here the haters talk down this stat. BRING UP HAMILL

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In Response to Re: Zach Hamill : Lammers is just as fast as Zach that's not saying very much is it? also, re: Martin St. Louis spending a lot of time in the AHL, a late bloomer plus he wasn't even drafted.  Much different expectation level than a first rounder. People are quick to say a player is a bust because most of the time they are right.
    Posted by BadHabitude

I also mentioned Stillman.#6 overall spent 2 years in Saint John developing before becoming full time NHL player.Very similar scenario I think.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from pucman. Show pucman's posts

a #2 pick & hamill for a swap of 1st,s with the B,s ending up getting 2 top 6 picks

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

pucman - never happen.  If Hamill's dealt, it won't be for a huge upgrade in draft position and especially not to go from, say 17th to 6th.  No way a team gives up a top ten position just to get him and the lower pick.  Right now, because he's developing slowly (to be kind...), the only really good deal you'd see for him would be a trade of similarly stalled prospects.  It would be a change of scenery deal.  Otherwise, he might be a throw-in on a deal where the other GM feels he needs to get something high-reward even if it is high-risk.  He'd be the ribbon on a deal.

Now, if he's a point/game player for the rest of the year, maybe he's more than a ribbon.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from soups-7. Show soups-7's posts

The bottom line for me is that 2007 draft was not deep & will not produce nhl calibre talent. The only players I wish we drafted instead of Hamill are Wayne Simmonds or David Perron. I am not going to waste energy complaining because there was no top end talent available. I hope Hamill comes around.

Sections
Shortcuts