Zdeno Chara - played with an undisclosed hand injury for two months...

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Zdeno Chara - played with an undisclosed hand injury for two months...

http://www.ottawasun.com/sports/columnists/bruce_garrioch/2010/01/31/12682001-sun.html

"Boston D Zdeno Chara has been getting criticized for his inconsistent play this season, but it should be noted he played with an undisclosed hand injury for two months. He had the cast removed last week and is fine"

Rhetorical question: Why didn't KPD know about this ? No need to answer but please feel free to have some fun...

I expect high paid players to play through injuries! Now that the cast is gone I expect Zdeno to play nasty and effective. NO MORE EXCUSES The Bs need points and badly!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichmondHillOntario. Show RichmondHillOntario's posts

Re: Zdeno Chara - played with an undisclosed hand injury for two months...

SanDog - I'd asked our friends in Boston a while ago if they'd heard whispers about Chara being seen with a splint on his hand.  Your post confirms now. 
    Well done! 

One thing, though.  When we beat the Sens 4-1 a while back and Chara got into a bit of a dust-up with Matt Carkner, he took that big swing at Carkner's head that folks said would've knocked the player's head off had it connected.  Unless his gloves were on at that moment, which I doubt, wouldn't his cast have been seen? 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

I think his gloves were on, I certainly saw what I thought was his index finger taped, I didn't notice the splint.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from dbg1. Show dbg1's posts

Richmond:  of course you are assuming that he only has one hand?

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

//Richmond:  of course you are assuming that he only has one hand?/

FAIL!!!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichmondHillOntario. Show RichmondHillOntario's posts

BadHab - Let's hope this is the only reason for his mostly sub-par season to date.  Perhaps those who call for his head will now assess his play from here on with a different eye providing he looks more like the dominating, punishing, intimidator we know he can be.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Kurako. Show Kurako's posts

Here you go. I think his right glove may have been off but its a bit tricky to tell in the scrum.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s2ylUwHbjms

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from BattlingB. Show BattlingB's posts

If you look back to the Winter Classic game when NBC hands him the charity check for the B's winning the game he's wearing a splint covering his index finger/thumb on his right hand.  I taped the game and watched it again to make sure...
    Probably why he hasn't "thrown down" lately with anyone.
    I have no problem with that but if that's the case why is he still on the point on the PP? Must be hard to control a stick and shoot with that splint on...still say we should use him in front as a huge screen...we've done it in the past on occasion when we've had 5-3 advantages and it almost always works.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bruinfaninnewjersey. Show Bruinfaninnewjersey's posts

Chara is a stud. He takes on the other team's best night after night. He logs huge minutes. He has a canon for a shot. I don't even want him to fight because what other player is worth losing him on the ice for 5 minutes? Could be many reasons his play seems off this year but none more likely than the rest of the team he plays with.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from getoffthephone. Show getoffthephone's posts

So he has a hurt hand. Why is not hitting people.He never fought that much anyways.  He is playing like Hal Gill. Time for him and Looch to step it up. Bang Bruin Style. We have to get nasty. Get mad when we lose.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

RHO I remember you asking . I take back some of the critisim on Chara.
    You know who else has a broken hand ? My friend Sheldon Souray, AGAIN !
    I guess he won't be coming to Boston soon.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from john6345. Show john6345's posts

I saw the splint when they last played the leafs. I have said this all season.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from JJJustSell. Show JJJustSell's posts

more like a brain injury....I guess that would have resulted in him fanning on the shotout slaphot...what a joke

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichmondHillOntario. Show RichmondHillOntario's posts

Kurako - Thank you for the clip.  It is hard to see his hand in the pile-up but as he heads off you can see he has a splint on the left hand. 

Legion - I guess those tales we heard earlier were true.  No doubt we can see how his injury could affect his puckhandling, shooting and any fighting but as "getoffthephone" also wonders, what about his physical play? 

I didn't figure Souray, whom I like, would be coming our way with his hefty price tag and who Tambellini may want in return.  He's had the worst luck with injuries since he's left the Habs, eh? 

I wouldn't mind Torres or Ray Whitney for our front end.  Also relieved PC says those first round picks are not going anywhere.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Your killing me imafan fo sho it was a sandwich LMAO!

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from JWensink. Show JWensink's posts

Well I guess that explains everything, and all this time I was concerned that he was overhyped and way overpaid. Geez ...what a relief, he must have hurt it last year in the Carolina series. At least Julien was able to recognize that his injury would prevent him performing well on power play duties, oh - and shoot-outs.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from roydelaney. Show roydelaney's posts

Why hasn't there been anything in the paper about Wideman's brain damage from repeatedly sticking his finger too far up his nose?

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Stuke50. Show Stuke50's posts

If Chara has being hurt, then so has Wideman. I can't believe a player as good as Wideman loses his talent over the summer.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from roydelaney. Show roydelaney's posts

Wideman didn't lose his talent over the summer.  He never had much to begin with.  He looked good last year because he had a ton of time to shoot and scored some goals.  He hasn't played well since playoffs last year.  Teams have figured out that if they pressure him, he chokes.   He chokes a lot!

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Surgery after the season or not Chara needs to come out firing on all cylinders!

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

So now the word is officially out that Chara has a dislocated pinkie.

This makes a bad thing worse.

If you fight with tape on your hands you get thrown out.

I say sit him now, if they know he can't fight, they will do things they otherwise wouldn't.

This team needs to be more physical and now its published in the paper that he won't be able to fight.  Think of it from the other side, what if we knew Phaneuf couldn't fight? 

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from LoveRealHockey. Show LoveRealHockey's posts

BadHab:
    I don't think he necessarily has to fight.   But can anyone honestly tell me that a dislocated pinkie prevents him from laying a body check once in awhile?

As far as anyone doing anything they shouldn't, the guy is 10 feet tall, what could anyone do to him?

I think he should still be able to be a force physically, however I would concede that he probably can't shoot or handle the puck as well as he's been able too in the past.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

LRH
    You are right, it is incredible to me that this team doesn't get physical.

When they should be going in the direction of gooning it up, they are going in the opposite direction.

This is not a hard team to play against.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from nycbruinsfan. Show nycbruinsfan's posts

Who the f* doesn't play hurt in this league ?  To use "injury" as an excuse when you s*ck is sad, simply sad!

Sections
Shortcuts