_

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from crono420. Show crono420's posts

Re: If Savard Misses Some Games

Does anybody else this think he will be ok. It looked like just a bad stinger to me

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from RickyHussle. Show RickyHussle's posts

In Response to Re: If Savard Misses Some Games:
    Why don't we just see if the guy is okay first before we start juggling lines. I get the sense people are wishing that he is going to be out without actually saying it. Hopefully I'm wrong. The guy was a top centre, has shown some signs of his former self and is working his way back. The guy needs some time, deserves a break and I think in the long run the team will be better with him come playoff time than without him. Given the inconsistency of all the players on this team (exception Thomas, Chara) on any given night an objective observer would be hard pressed to identify which player was actually playing with post consussion syndrome.
    Posted by FP4877

Why would you say something like that man?  Because fans are considering what they would do that means they want Savard to be injured that's pretty Sadistic.  I have been reading this thread hoping Savvy will be okay and considering options of what needs to be done if he can't play.  Precisely what I think most other posters are doing.  Call me crazy but I believe these people when almost all of these posts end with well wishes for Savvy.

Instead of taking a negative perspective on others motivations, maybe consider that most of us would rather the Bruins take precaution with Savvy because we don't expect our players to risk their quality of life so that we can watch a better product on the ice.  Some of us care more about the human side then the Wins and Losses, I know I do and it is the impression I get from other fans every time something like this happens..

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from RickyHussle. Show RickyHussle's posts

the fact that they can even put him on a plane usually = no concussion.
    Posted by pmar451

Good point I hadn't thought of that I would take almost any injury in the world right now other then a concussion.

Edit

I asked Haggs about this and he said Savard traveled on the same schedule after  the Cooke hit.  I also confirmed.

http://www.boston.com/sports/hockey/bruins/extras/bruins_blog/2010/03/cooke_delivers.html

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from crono420. Show crono420's posts

Julien didn't seem to see any signs of a concussion when he met with Savard after the game and stressed to the media and fans not to link previous concussions or head injuries Savard has suffered to Saturday's incident.

"He seemed fine when I talked to him so we're hoping it's all minor," Julien said of Savard, who seemed to be bleeding from the forehead as he skated off the ice. "It's always those situations [that are scary]. I mean we saw with [Patrice Bergeron], he came back and got hit too and the minute a guy gets hit we worry about him. But Bergy was fine and he's come back and we have a tendency to want to link those things together all the time. Once a guy's cleared, he's cleared and whatever happens afterwards really has nothing to do with the first thing. So right now he's shook up and like I said he seemed fine and we're just being cautious and I think it's the right thing to do."

I read this today on espn.com

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Davinator. Show Davinator's posts

I agree with NAS's suggestion that Savard is making more contact now than before he was concussed in an effort prove (test?) that he is OK.

But I also think he is allowing himself to take more hits to make the play/draw a penalty and - since he is not the biggest guy - is paying the price.

He needs to be encouraged by management and his peers to protect himself better by wearing the proper equipment and/or trying to avoid receiving a "rag doll" type of check.

Also, FWIW - I believe that he might have bruised or fractured the bone around the cheek or eye...hence the lack of blood and as pmar451 noted, he probably wouldn't be allowed to fly if he had a suspected concussion.

Just my CDN $0.02.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Davinator. Show Davinator's posts

BTW NAS - I will not be surprised to not see a reply from you since I have not posted the requisite 100 posts for you to respond....

But I will tell you that my posts are usually well conceived and I don't get pulled into the "Did too", "Did not" banter that sometimes graces these forums ( a certain "Unwritten Rule" thread comes to mind) so my post count won't climb as quickly as others.

See you in 73 posts....

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

BTW NAS - I will not be surprised to not see a reply from you since I have not posted the requisite 100 posts for you to respond.... But I will tell you that my posts are usually well conceived and I don't get pulled into the "Did too", "Did not" banter that sometimes graces these forums ( a certain "Unwritten Rule" thread comes to mind) so my post count won't climb as quickly as others. See you in 73 posts....
    Posted by Davinator

More posts like this one should help get your numbers up.......

8. This post has been removed.

Sections
Shortcuts