_

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from mattc355. Show mattc355's posts

_

_

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from OlsonicCreations. Show OlsonicCreations's posts

Re: Underrated Wingers

Jeff Skinner.

I suppose most of you have heard of this 18 year old kid by now, but watching his nightly highlights on NHL.com has been--for me--one of the more enjoyable things about the NHL this season. This kid is an amazing player and will be a household name in a few years if injuries do not derail him

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from BruinsFanInPenTerritory. Show BruinsFanInPenTerritory's posts

The following players all come to mind, though Erickson isn't necessarily under the radar.

Tomas Kopecky of the Hawks (10-21 for 31 points), Loui Erickson of the Stars (17-32 for 49), Patric Hornqvist of the Predators (15-12 for 27), and Justin Williams of the Kings (18-20, for 40).

Think you can convince Chiarelli to trade for one of these guys?

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from I-Like-Hockey. Show I-Like-Hockey's posts

I really like Tanguay on Calgary.

1.7mil caphit

11-22-33 totals last I checked. Lots of points on the PP. He could be part of a solution but not the big piece that is needed now with savy out indeffinately.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from bandgbleeder. Show bandgbleeder's posts

Ryan Smyth, Martin Samuelsson, Brenden Morrow, Chris Stewart, Jamie Benn, Justin Williams, Milan Hejduk,

In Response to Underrated Wingers:
    This is a question for the hockey experts out there.  Who are some wingers who I've never heard of, but are actually good?
    Posted by mattc355

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from bogie6. Show bogie6's posts

All of these successful wingers rely on teamwork to be successful, so acquiring one doesn't solve anything, although Tanguay's experience could help. With Savvy out for who knows how long, Chiarelli needs to look at what he can do and stay with the cap. The chips he has are Stuart, Ryder, Wheeler, possibly Horton and Boychuck. The team is still in a good position, so how much of a shakeup is needed?? Also, there are players in Providence that are close to NHL ready like Arneil [sniper], Caron[ solid two way],Bartkowski[ speed like Kamfer]. Chia also must consider  how much Claude, who is more involved lately in managing, can handle.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

Another guy I love from Dallas is Jaime Benn.  Big, young, strong skater with pretty good hands.  No way Dallas would consider moving him with the season they are having, but I'd love to get a look at that guy in the future.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from BBReigns. Show BBReigns's posts

Not sure how underrated these two are, other than being older players:

1. Cory Stillman
    2. Ray Whitney

And one more:

Vlacav Prospal

Hey, how about another:

Ales Hemsky

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

I absolutely love Ales Hemsky's game, sick talent, but it seems like he is always getting injured.  Very fragile player.

I watched Tanguay a lot in his Colorado years and I would say no thanks.  He is skilled and he might put up some points, but my God, what a soft player.  He doesn't hit, he doesn't defend much, and is all-around Kessel-esce.  We used to call him 'captain toe-drag' because he would always force these fancy little moves at the blueline (toe-drag, no-look drop pass), but would never drive to the net.  Total perimeter player.  Lots of turnovers.  I don't think the Boston fans would like him.

I was against a Mike Fischer deal because out the logjam at the center position, but with Savard going down, I think this makes a lot more sense.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from I-Like-Hockey. Show I-Like-Hockey's posts

How about this with the newly granted 4mil.

To Cal: Wheeler+(Good Prospect)+Bos 1st 2011

To Bos: Regehr + Tanguay.
    Incoming Cap 5.7 mil.
    Cap Room: 7.2 mil

This leaves a bit of space for even another forward or depth DMAN if necessary or just to use it to make call ups and cover bonuses etc...

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from BruinsFanInPenTerritory. Show BruinsFanInPenTerritory's posts

A few people have brought up wingers from the Stars. Joe Nieuwendyk (yeah spelling is way off on that one) has brought some stability to that team. Marc Crawford seems to have done a great job leading that team too.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from screw-cindy-and-ovie. Show screw-cindy-and-ovie's posts

Loui Eriksson, Ryane Clowe, Mason Raymond

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from BBReigns. Show BBReigns's posts

In Response to Re: Underrated Wingers:
    I absolutely love Ales Hemsky's game, sick talent, but it seems like he is always getting injured.  Very fragile player. I watched Tanguay a lot in his Colorado years and I would say no thanks.  He is skilled and he might put up some points, but my God, what a soft player.  He doesn't hit, he doesn't defend much, and is all-around Kessel-esce.  We used to call him 'captain toe-drag' because he would always force these fancy little moves at the blueline (toe-drag, no-look drop pass), but would never drive to the net.  Total perimeter player.  Lots of turnovers.  I don't think the Boston fans would like him. I was against a Mike Fischer deal because out the logjam at the center position, but with Savard going down, I think this makes a lot more sense.
    Posted by Fletcher1

Funny how Savard goes down and now FIsher does actually make sense, but I don't see Ottawa dealing in the division.

I would not want to be in Chiarelli's shoes right now.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

Ryan Clowe
    Devan Setoguchi
    Tomas Plekanec
    Steve Downie
    R.J Umberger (sometimes a center)
    Wayne Simmonds
    Dustin Brown (Underrated may be a reach, god I love his game)
    Mikael Samuelsson
    Rich Peverley
    Ryan Callahan (again I love his game)..

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

In Response to Re: Underrated Wingers:
    How about this with the newly granted 4mil. To Cal: Wheeler+(Good Prospect)+Bos 1st 2011 To Bos: Regehr + Tanguay. Incoming Cap 5.7 mil. Cap Room: 7.2 mil This leaves a bit of space for even another forward or depth DMAN if necessary or just to use it to make call ups and cover bonuses etc...Posted by I-Like-Hockey

ILH, I don't think you'd have to include Boston's #1 because PC is taking on salary and Calgary has RFA rights one more year with Wheeler who was a former #1 n two 20+ goal scoring seasons plus they get a prospect that is already looking good in the AHL.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Orrthebest. Show Orrthebest's posts

Curtis Clencross.  He is a gritty three zone player for Calgary.  Currently making 1.2  million and is a UFA.  Plays PK and has 2 shorties so far this year.  He will be a great addition to the team that picks him up for the playoffs.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from yaz16. Show yaz16's posts

Eriksson, Benn, Neal are all future studs for the Stars just like Krejci, Bergeron and Lucic are for us

Sections
Shortcuts