_

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from mattc355. Show mattc355's posts

_

_

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from callodthedom19. Show callodthedom19's posts

Re: We Can't Play 4-on-4

All I play out on the pond is 4 on 4 hockey. 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from callodthedom19. Show callodthedom19's posts

In Response to Re: We Can't Play 4-on-4:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: We Can't Play 4-on-4 : Go in for Seidenberg, will you?  Somebody call Claude.
    Posted by mattc355[/QUOTE]
    Seidenberg is a lot better than me. I'm more of a Carcillo, sadly. And with a lot less skill. I just like pissing off the rich kids at the private school where the pond is we play at. 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from SoxFanInIL. Show SoxFanInIL's posts

Jeez, one bad pass- whatever.  The guy picked it up at center ice.  Weak shot between the pads, like the second goal.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from SoxFanInIL. Show SoxFanInIL's posts

PS its not just 4 on 4.  OT (SO) = loss.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from hangnail. Show hangnail's posts

Yea let's just ignore the fact that TT leads the league in GAA and save%

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from lucaooo. Show lucaooo's posts

Seids should not play PP and on 4 on 4 situations because since there is more space on the ice coach will usually put their better skaters.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from BRRocker. Show BRRocker's posts

When in overtime go with speed. I would like to see Marchand and Seguin play together in Overtime.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from TryToBearIt. Show TryToBearIt's posts

[QUOTE]When in overtime go with speed. I would like to see Marchand and Seguin play together in Overtime.
    Posted by BRRocker[/QUOTE]

I'll second that. Been saying it all year. Seguin is PERFECT for 4 on 4 hockey. How Claude fails to see this is beyond me.

Maybe if Kampfer had been healthy he woulda been out there instead of Seidenberg. Far better and faster skater.

But offensively, guys like Peverly, Marchand, Seguin, and yes, even Ryder (b/c he has more time and space to take his shot) should be getting the bulk of 4 on 4 ice time. Keep the slow guys on the bench.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from bogie6. Show bogie6's posts

Claude fails to see a lot. He had ryder out there all nite long and Slyder flubbed the puck all nite long.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: We Can't Play 4-on-4 : I'll second that. Been saying it all year. Seguin is PERFECT for 4 on 4 hockey. How Claude fails to see this is beyond me. Maybe if Kampfer had been healthy he woulda been out there instead of Seidenberg. Far better and faster skater. But offensively, guys like Peverly, Marchand, Seguin, and yes, even Ryder (b/c he has more time and space to take his shot) should be getting the bulk of 4 on 4 ice time. Keep the slow guys on the bench.
    Posted by TryToBearIt[/QUOTE]

Speed is nice with more open ice, but defensive responsibility and NHL caliber decision making are also required.  Seguin falls very short in both.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from DrCC. Show DrCC's posts

No 4-on-4 goals at any time this season.  Shooting 26% in shootouts (typically 3 goals over 4 shootouts).  I'm not saying Thomas is blame-free for his post-regulation record, but the performance of the skaters in front of him is at least as much to blame for his record as he is.

I wonder if it is some sort of flaw in Julien's system, that it just can't be adapted to 4-on-4 play.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

[QUOTE]No 4-on-4 goals at any time this season.  Shooting 26% in shootouts (typically 3 goals over 4 shootouts).  I'm not saying Thomas is blame-free for his post-regulation record, but the performance of the skaters in front of him is at least as much to blame for his record as he is. I wonder if it is some sort of flaw in Julien's system, that it just can't be adapted to 4-on-4 play.
    Posted by DrCC[/QUOTE]

Considering their powerplay record (including zero goals in the last 12 chances), maybe they just can't play when the other team has only four skaters out.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Julien rules keeps Bartkowski 9:13 TOI fresh younger legs on the bench whom should have had his Petr Klima moment could have been inserted with his energy. Instead Julien sends out 24:04 TOI tired Seides who made a lazy pass. Clode will continue to mismanage tightly contested games with panic. Bylsma, Laviolette and Maurice will out coach Julien in any close games easliy.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

[QUOTE]Julien rules keeps Bartkowski 9:13 TOI fresh younger legs on the bench whom should have had his Petr Klima moment could have been inserted with his energy. Instead Julien sends out 24:04 TOI tired Seides who made a lazy pass. Clode will continue to mismanage tightly contested games with panic. Bylsma, Laviolette and Maurice will out coach Julien in any close games easliy.
    Posted by SanDogBrewin[/QUOTE]

I'm not sure if you watched the game, but Bartkowski at times seemed about as defensively responsible as Kessel.  This is exactly what I've seen from him at the Providence games I've been to this year.  He has no place in OT right now.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

The unwillingness for Julien to trust when the time is right and use fresh legs when truly needed is what I saw and see. That is what you don't see with your coaching prowess.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from goodnewsbears. Show goodnewsbears's posts

i wouldn't want bartkowski out there either. there's a reason he had less than 10 min toi. they don't trust him in the nhl right now. that's why they got hnidy.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from stingerjp. Show stingerjp's posts

[QUOTE]i wouldn't want bartkowski out there either. there's a reason he had less than 10 min toi. they don't trust him in the nhl right now. that's why they got hnidy.
    Posted by goodnewsbears[/QUOTE]

I usually wouldn't want him either but-the B's are in pretty good shape for the playoffs and it was a good chance for C.J. give the kid a chance.  I wouldn't want him out there if the B's were in the playoffs or battling to make them but they do have some slack to play the kids a little(hint-play Seguin more now vs playoffs).

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from jwb413. Show jwb413's posts

[QUOTE]Claude fails to see a lot. He had ryder out there all nite long and Slyder flubbed the puck all nite long.
    Posted by bogie6[/QUOTE]

Good call. If you watch Ryders effort when Seids turned the puck over, that should be good cause to sit him next game but Clod will have none of that since its his boy!!!!!!

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

[QUOTE]The unwillingness for Julien to trust when the time is right and use fresh legs when truly needed is what I saw and see. That is what you don't see with your coaching prowess.
    Posted by SanDogBrewin[/QUOTE]

What did you think of Bartkowski's overall play?  I found his play was an extension of his Providence play.  I thought he carried the puck too long, went too deep into the offensive zone and didn't break his xyz trying to get back into position.  Because of that, I wouldn't want him out there on 4 vs 4.

What is your opinion of his play last night?

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

[QUOTE]Claude fails to see a lot. He had ryder out there all nite long and Slyder flubbed the puck all nite long.
    Posted by bogie6[/QUOTE]

My favorite part was when he had the Bruins goon on the ice with two minutes left and the team down by a goal.  Boy, that was some astute decision making there.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from goodnewsbears. Show goodnewsbears's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: We Can't Play 4-on-4 : I usually wouldn't want him either but-the B's are in pretty good shape for the playoffs and it was a good chance for C.J. give the kid a chance.  I wouldn't want him out there if the B's were in the playoffs or battling to make them but they do have some slack to play the kids a little(hint-play Seguin more now vs playoffs).
    Posted by stingerjp[/QUOTE]

i don't want seguin to play more either. i'd rather have campbell move up from the 4th line than seguin. i want seguin here cuz he's better than anybody in providence, but i don't think he's one of our top 9 forwards.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

In Response to Re: We Can't Play 4-on-4:[QUOTE]In Response to Re: We Can't Play 4-on-4 : What did you think of Bartkowski's overall play?   What is your opinion of his play last night? Posted by Not-A-Shot[/QUOTE]

Bartkowski is a better natural skater and passer than Seidenberg. Dennis looked tired all night (has with Frence's absence) as Matt only looked tentative. Fresh legs and a fresh mind no matter his play in Providence (which Mr. clean doesn't watch) would have told me to get the younger player who's a better skater on the ice during a 4 on 4 rather than keep using an obviously tired veteran who lacks offensive skills.

Once again bad in game trust and decision making by you and Julien.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from goodnewsbears. Show goodnewsbears's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: We Can't Play 4-on-4 : My favorite part was when he had the Bruins goon on the ice with two minutes left and the team down by a goal.  Boy, that was some astute decision making there.
    Posted by Not-A-Shot[/QUOTE]

i now know i'm spending too much time on here. i saw thornton on the ice and i was thinking about you. that's just not right.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from TryToBearIt. Show TryToBearIt's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: We Can't Play 4-on-4 : Speed is nice with more open ice, but defensive responsibility and NHL caliber decision making are also required.  Seguin falls very short in both.
    Posted by Not-A-Shot[/QUOTE]

Maybe, but I'd say the risk of Seguin's spotty D is worth the potential strike of a game-winning goal. You trade a little 2way-type of "responsibility" player like bergeron or Kelly for a guy who with open ice aiding his best asset (speed) that can put the game away. Plus, the defense you lose w/him can be buffered somewhat by putting responsible D guys out there like Chara or Boychuk.

All I know is the Bruins have a horrible 4 on 4 goal scoring record this year and it would be nice to see CJ roll the dice a little in letting a speed guy like Segs get out there and show what he can do.

It also occurs to me that if you;re worried about his defensive liabilities you could pair him with a Bergeron or Kelly to help offset that...altho' I'd still prefer to see extra speed out there, such as Peverly, or a guy who can really take advantage of the extra space to release his killer shot, i.e. Ryder, who normally gets bogged down in 5 on 5 traffic and can't let it fly.