_

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from mattc355. Show mattc355's posts

_

_

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from fishers5. Show fishers5's posts

Re: Here's a Salary to Jettison: Tyler Seguin

Are you trying to be stupid or does it come naturally..???  Sequin is going anywhere...and you will be the one to BEG to keep him when his contract is up..

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from no1bruinsfan. Show no1bruinsfan's posts

No way should the Bruins resign Kaberle.The guy played 9 minutes in game seven and is asking 4 million plus. Definitely not worth it in my mind. I like Chirallellis approach.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Kurako. Show Kurako's posts

Nonsense. Seguin is on an entry-level 2-way contract. His qoted cap hit of 3.55m includes the entry level bonus number which the max number he can hit. His basic salary is 900k. If he spends the year in Providence he gets $67,500.

Around half of the difference is will be in performance bonus such as games played, goals, assists and so on. The rest of it would be for winning league wide awards such as Conn Smythe and so on.

If he ever hits max bonus then it will probably be because Boston had a great year and he turned into a superstar (see Toews a couple seasons ago).

http://capgeek.com/players/display.php?id=1862

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from nrguy. Show nrguy's posts

In Response to Re: Here's a Salary to Jettison: Tyler Seguin:
    [QUOTE]So am I mistaken that Seguin's cap hit is a solid $3.55 mil.?  I see no evidence to the contrary in what you showed me.
    Posted by mattc355[/QUOTE]

Yes. Seguin is at $900,000 for the cap. See below - max entry level deal. The bonuses are then factored in afterwards. If Seguin hits all of his bonuses and the Bs do not account for it, the salary cap for next year will be reduced by the unaccounted bonus amount. "A team can exceed the cap by 7.5% to pay bonuses, but its salary cap for the following season will be reduced by the excessive amount."
    http://proicehockey.about.com/od/learnthegame/a/nhl_salary_cap.htm

Sending Seguin to Providence to save cap room is..............well, it's just dumb. The Bs have plenty of cap room to work with even with extending Krejic, Tukka, and McQuaid (who should have a very small cap hit - can conservatively say that above $1.5 mil he's overpaid).  

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

Providence ? Nope. Plymouth ? This would be the destination if not in Boston . Boston ? After a year of up and down play he stays here to play with and against better players. He has also started his entry level contract which does the Bruins no good if he's playing elsewhere. He is the future of the Bruins. 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from dogmonsta. Show dogmonsta's posts

When this kid is a captain in 3 years Im gonna forget about all this hooey about sending him down. All you have to look at is Stamkos and his devolpment and that's what Seguin will be like. Stamkos was ok his first year. Learned the game bulked up and was a major contributor his second year then this year obviously the best scorer in the game. Maybe Seguin wont light it up like this but him and Bergeron are capts for a long time

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from OrrEspoCash. Show OrrEspoCash's posts

The B's should keep the majority of their players. However, there's lots of cap space now and they need to upgrade with it. They have a couiple of roster spots. They are overthinking this year just as they duid just before the lockout, trying to predict what will happen. While most of the other teams (Philly, Buffalo, etc.) are thinking "get better" the B's seem to be thinking "stay the same". That's what ruined many cup winners. They need to after the top notch additions they can afford.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from nrguy. Show nrguy's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Here's a Salary to Jettison: Tyler Seguin : He might be a captain in 3 years.  That has nothing to do with sending him down while he is on his entry level contract.  If he is that good he will be that good whether we send him down or not.

What do you suggest the Bruins do with the roster spot (as sending Seguin down would not free up much cap space)? You think there is a better reasonable free agent signing out there? If the Bruins resign Krejic or Tukka, the contract doesn't start until the current one is done - a big extension would have no impact on 2011-12 salary cap hits.

I'm failing to see why you still want to see Seguin sent down given that a) it will provide no cap relief and b) there is not a better player on the market or in the farm that has better skill.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]So am I mistaken that Seguin's cap hit is a solid $3.55 mil.?  I see no evidence to the contrary in what you showed me.
    http://www.capgeek.com/players/display.php?id=1862

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from DrCC. Show DrCC's posts

FYI, what the others have posted is normally true.  However, this is one of those years where the the CBA is set to expire and has not yet been extended.  As a result there is no bonus cushion and bonuses count directly against the cap until they are ruled unattainable.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from dogmonsta. Show dogmonsta's posts

Sending him down is like putting a honor student that already graduated back into the 9th grade. It's dumb no matter what the $ is.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

With the devolvement of Seguin, Caron, Spooner, Sauve, Kampfer, Bartkowski, Alexandrov and Hamilton some veterans like Ference, Boychuk, Thomas, Kelly, Thornton etc. just might be shown the door. Cap casualty, the younger players contracts can be controlled because of the 5 year RFA in the beginning of a NHL career it's called attrition.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from thedauber1. Show thedauber1's posts

congrats......this is the single stupidest idea i have ever heard on this board. and that is pretty impressive

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]congrats......this is the single stupidest idea i have ever heard on this board. and that is pretty impressive
    Posted by thedauber1[/QUOTE]
    So let's be clear about this Dauber.......so you DON"T like the idea?

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Olsonicator. Show Olsonicator's posts

lulz