_

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from mattc355. Show mattc355's posts

_

_

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Re: Jared Knight

I will be stunned if Knight plays anywhere but in the OHL 2011-12.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In Response to Re: Jared Knight:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Jared Knight : Right wing on Bergeron's line is the one spot for him.  I'd send him back to the OHL if he doesn't prove to be our best option there.  I'm of the same mind with Caron. I'd go with Spooner over both of them for the third line.  But they will probably choose Pouliot.
    Posted by mattc355[/QUOTE]

I'd prefer Peverley play on the second line before a kid with three pro games under his belt made the Stanley Cup Champions second line.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

My opinion ? He's not ready yet .

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karl-Hungus. Show Karl-Hungus's posts

marchand-bergy-segzy
    benny/caron-kelly-pev

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Olsonicator. Show Olsonicator's posts

Knight and Spooner, by all accounts, are developing very well. I see no reason why we need to rush either of them onto the team. Having a well developed farm system is a powerful asset and the Bruins would be served well to continue to strengthen it.

For those of you who are less patient, let me take you back before the trade deadline. Peter 
    Chiarelli had recently said that the Bruins were looking for an internal solution at 3rd line-center. Up comes Zach Hamill, the most seasoned center our farm team to see if he fits the bill. 

I'll give you a summary for those who don't remember: two games of excrutiating mediocrity. It was blatantly obvious that we needed to make a trade and Chiarelli didn't waste any time being polite; he sent hamil down before the kid knew what hit him. In comes Kelly from the Ottawa Senators, praise little baby Jesus.

It's a sad state of affairs when been our best option last season, a guy who has been in the AHL for 3 years, a guy who had every opportunity to learn what it takes to be a professional, a guy who everybody and their brother wanted to write off, can't summon the adrenaline to for a few strong shifts down the stretch for a stanley cup contender. O.k., he made a few nice passes I hear, but overall, he was passive, pushed off the puck easily, and content to pretend he hard earned the right to glide around reading the play like a #1 center. Remeber that this was the best we had to offer last season. Thats a pathetic farm system IMO. They were right to fire the coach; they deserved to be the worst team in the AHL.

So clearly our AHL team needs to improve, but it isn't all terrible news. Even though I think he's a marginal player, Caron has looked semi-servicable during his time; he could act as a stop-gap until the next trade deadline. By all accounts his attitude has been good, and he's working hard to get back to the big time. The Bruins could continue to send a strong message to their floundering P-Bruins club by rewarding that effort.  

Now people want to rush Spooner and Knight to the big-time like they are Tyler Seguin. Please remember that Seguin dominated juniors; he had nothing to left to do other than win a memorial cup. Think Spooner/Knight have nothing left to prove in the OHL? How about this:

Now that you've built some size and worked on your game (good job btw), show some leadership
    • Knight, help your team get out of dead-last in your division
    • Spooner, help your team get out of dead-last in your conference.

Send them both back to Juniors and then send them both to the AHL next season. Show future Bruins prospects the hard work needed to crack the line-up of a playoff team. 

Unless of couse, either of them blow the doors off during training camp. You wont see me complain with that kind of endorsement.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from bandgbleeder. Show bandgbleeder's posts

I'm about as big a fan of JK as you can be. That said him sliding into Bergerons wing (where i want him) is unlikely. He has to not only be the best when camp is over, he has to be the best forward all of camp, because he could burn a year of his deal if he slumps like others have after 10-12 games. 

In Response to Jared Knight:
    [QUOTE]Before July 1st, a few people were recommending the B's sign Brooks Laich.  I envisioned him as a good replacement for Recchi on Bergeron's line. From what I've read about Knight, I think he might be an option to fill that role.  I look at it like this:  Bergeron's line must be good defensively, and play with effort. If Seguin takes his game to the next level, then he will be the one to replace Recchi.  But from what I've seen, his game doesn't mesh.  Much like Peverley, I think his game works better with Krejci or on his own line. That's why I'm looking to Caron or Knight.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from OatesCam. Show OatesCam's posts

I understand why you say his play style would suit that line well, but i think there are better options right now.  Knight is probably a long way from playing on a top NHL team's second line, if he is ever that good.  I like Peverly on any line.  I like Seguin on PB's line.  Caron may get a crack.  I think Seguin would do fine, you say you don't like the style fit, but I've seen Kessel play very well with PB as well as Crosby.  I also think Seguin plays very well with Marchand.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from OrrEspoCash. Show OrrEspoCash's posts

Whatever they do, the B's need one more proven scorer. Peverley and Kelly are good for 12-15 goals each, Pouliot maybe 18, Paille and Campbell 10, Lucic 25, Horton 28-30, Bergy 20-25, Marchand 25, Krecji 18-20 (although he raises that level in playoffs). Not much pop in this lineup. Timmay will need another year of 2.0-2.1 goals against to have similar regular season finish next year unless the B's bring in a proven scorer.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from bogie6. Show bogie6's posts

First, Jared Knight will be in juniors this coming season as there is no need to rush his development. Second, Hamill has always been a playmaking center who sees the ice well; however, with Murray screaming at him, and all others, there was minimal " development" or " communications" in Providence; and until Khudobin, there was limited expertise in goal. Some of the problems have been rectified with Bruce Cassidy as head coach. Caron's opportunity will be in Pre-season Camp where his all around game and responsible defensive play should earn a spot on the varsity. Seguin's skills can be polished on Bergeron's line, and the Bruins will be looking for balanced scoring from all four lines which makes the composition of the 3rd and 4th lines an interesting  challenge for Kelly, Peverly, Pouliot, Caron, Paille, Campbell [ a given] and Thornton

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

I wouldn't think of it as "rushing his development" if Knight made the team - though I would also be shocked.  Teams rarely promote a guy to "rush his development".  I suppose the Seguin argument of "he has nothing left to prove in Jr." can sound like "rush his development," but I think we're confusing a couple of things - a passive and an active path for Knight to end up on the second line.

Some teams end up rushing a player to the bigs because there's a talent vacuum and that player is top of the depth chart.  Expansion teams have this problem, so some expansion teams throw out a roster of kids who get murdered and never develop.  Basically, guys get vacuumed up into roles they aren't ready for and are forced to sink or swim.  This is clearly not the case with the Bruins who have at least three roster players lined up ahead of Knight as options for Recchi's old job, plus at least one or two guys in Providence who are ahead of Knight on the depth chart.  No path of least resistance there.

Opportunity and environment can influence development - you've got to find the right ones for a player to learn and succeed.  Too easy, he develops bad habits and stops problem solving.  Too hard, he gets discouraged and can't find any rhythm or momentum.  But the player has to show you where he belongs.  If Knight shows them that playing on the second line in Boston is the best place for him to learn the job, which would mean showing them that he can do the job well-enough for now and potentially very well in the future, he earns that spot adn there's no "rush" because he's shown it's the right role at the right time.

...but he'll be in junior.  "He needs to work on the mental side of the game and we'll work with him on that."  I believe Sweeney said something like that after D-Camp.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

I still think my preference would be to let Caron, Sauve, and Arniel fight it out for any open spot in the lineup.  If none of those three appear to be ready to contribute, then let's worry about yanking a guy out of junior.

The Bruins are in the enviable position of not having to rush young players into the lineup.  The already have young guys (Seguin, Marchand, McQuaid, etc.) anyhow.

Stick to the plan Chia.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

[QUOTE]marchand-bergy-segzy benny/caron-kelly-pev
    Posted by Karl-Hungus[/QUOTE]

Worst post since Richards to TO.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Jared Knight : Worst post since Richards to TO.
    Posted by Not-A-Shot[/QUOTE]

I truly don't know who "benny" even is...??

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from LoyalBlackNGold. Show LoyalBlackNGold's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Jared Knight : I truly don't know who "benny" even is...??
    Posted by Fletcher1[/QUOTE]

i would imagine that is Ebonics for benoit pouliot

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

[QUOTE]Knight and Spooner, by all accounts, are developing very well. I see no reason why we need to rush either of them onto the team. Having a well developed farm system is a powerful asset and the Bruins would be served well to continue to strengthen it. For those of you who are less patient, let me take you back before the trade deadline. Peter  Chiarelli had recently said that the Bruins were looking for an internal solution at 3rd line-center. Up comes Zach Hamill, the most seasoned center our farm team to see if he fits the bill.  I'll give you a summary for those who don't remember: two games of excrutiating mediocrity. It was blatantly obvious that we needed to make a trade and Chiarelli didn't waste any time being polite; he sent hamil down before the kid knew what hit him. In comes Kelly from the Ottawa Senators, praise little baby Jesus. It's a sad state of affairs when been our best option last season, a guy who has been in the AHL for 3 years , a guy who had every opporunity to learn what it takes to be a professional, a guy who everybody and their brother wanted to write off, can't summon the adrenaline to for a few strong shifts down the stretch for a stanley cup contender. O.k., he made a few nice passes I hear, but overall, he was passive, pushed off the puck easily, and content to pretend he hard earned the right to glide around reading the play like a #1 center. Remeber that this was the best we had to offer last season. Thats a pathetic farm system IMO. They were right to fire the coach; they deserved to be the worst team in the AHL. So clearly our AHL team needs to improve, but it isn't all terrible news. Even though I think he's a marginal player, Caron has looked semi-servicable during his time; he could act as a stop-gap until the next trade deadline. By all accounts his attitude has been good, and he's working hard to get back to the big time. The Bruins could continue to send a strong message to their floundering P-Bruins club by rewarding that effort.   Now people want to rush Spooner and Knight to the big-time like they are Tyler Seguin. Please remember that Seguin dominated juniors; he had nothing to left to do other than win a memorial cup. Think Spooner/Knight have nothing left to prove in the OHL? How about this: Now that you've built some size and worked on your game (good job btw), show some leadershipKnight, help your team get out of dead-last in your division Spooner, help your team get out of dead-last in your conference.Send them both back to Juniors and then send them both to the AHL next season. Show future Bruins prospects the hard work needed to crack the line-up of a playoff team.  Unless of couse, either of them blow the doors off during training camp. You wont see me complain with that kind of endorsement.
    Posted by Olsonicator[/QUOTE]

Good post OC but I 'd like to point out a couple of things that I underlined. Yes Knight's London Knights did finish last in their division. But they were a very young team and came away with an above .500 record 34-29-4-1 that made the playoffs in a rebuilding year. He was a leader on this team.

Spooners team finished 5th in the conference and not dead last.  This team had a lot of older players and were a disappointment.

I do agree with you on them going back to their junior teams to be a leaders. Nothing less is probably expected of them.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

The real question is who do they lead?  I guess London's looking to make more noise this year than last, but Kingston?  I'd guess Gudbranson's in Florida this year (they could use his bonus inflated cap number!), and I think most of those veterans are done - maybe Werek's still around?  You wonder if a team that has a real shot makes a play for these two because this is their last go-round.

Further clarification on the two teams - Spooner's Frontenacs were several games below .500.  Spooner did not walk in and make much in the way of magic even though he had good numbers.  From the bits I saw, and the post-games I heard from local radio and papers, he was frequently the best and most noticable player on the ice.  So - this is the year he needs to turn that into team results.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

In Response to Re: Jared Knight:[QUOTE]I still think my preference would be to let Caron, Sauve, and Arniel fight it out for any open spot in the lineup.  If none of those three appear to be ready to contribute, then let's worry about yanking a guy out of junior. Stick to the plan Chia.Posted by Fletcher1[/QUOTE]

Fletch, I think that they will fight hard but will be sent back down for more seasoning with Chiarelli sticking with his plan of giving Pouliot a shot.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

"a guy who had every opportunity to learn what it takes to be a professional, a guy who everybody and their brother wanted to write off, can't summon the adrenaline to for a few strong shifts down the stretch for a stanley cup contender. O.k., he made a few nice passes I hear, but overall, he was passive, pushed off the puck easily, and content to pretend he hard earned the right to glide around reading the play like a #1 center."

Ols, I recall saying the same about Marchand during the 09'-10' season. Pushed off the puck easily, manhandled in the corners and out of position. Zack got the same ice time that Marchand got in the previous season NOTHING.

I'm not saying that if given the proper TOI Hamill could pot 20-25 but he didn't exactly make a pass that lead to a goals or left himself so out of position that the defense couldn't find Zack for help in the Dzone.

I do agree that Chiarelli should have gotten rid of Murray last summer not this way over due. Rob can now have fun in Alaska!

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from mannyortez3424. Show mannyortez3424's posts

Jared Knight will be in the OHL I would guess...

Caron and Pouliot will fight for that 3rd line LW spot and the lines will look like this:

Lucic-Krejci-Horton
    Marchand-Bergeron-Peverley
    Caron/Pouliot-Kelly-Seguin
    Paille-Campbell-Thornton

Also, I don't know why some people put together such crazy lines...

I know it's a guessing game, but it's pretty clear that Peverley will be on that 2nd line unless Seguin steps up a ton...

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from BlazeTrailer. Show BlazeTrailer's posts

Marchand-Krejci-Horton
    Lucic-Bergeron-Peverly
    Daren Helm (on trade for Hamill and pizza coupons to be used in multi-overtime games in the next two years)-Kelly-Seguin
    Paille-Campbell-Thornton (unless I beat him out in camp)

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from bim09. Show bim09's posts

[QUOTE]My opinion ? He's not ready yet .
    Posted by Chowdahkid-[/QUOTE]
    Did you see him at the summer camp?

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Jared Knight : Did you see him at the summer camp?
    Posted by bim09[/QUOTE]

I did, he's not ready yet.  Same for everyone else at dev camp.

I think Hamilton is going to be something special, I really do.
    I really like what I saw from him.
    But he's not ready yet either.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Jared Knight : Seguin will have to step it up in then.  I don't like Peverley in this role.  Maybe I'm underestimating him. Both Peverley and Seguin are not physical and their strength is speed.  Both would have to be better defensively to truly be a great Bergeron-line player. I really think that if this team is going to be great, Seguin is going to have to be the guy.  He has to build a complete game, and be great on this line.  We'll be good with Peverley.

Bergeron doesn't need defensive players on his line to succeed.  Forwards lacking defense can certainly benefit from playing with Bergeron, however.

Recchi wasn't up the the Selke last season, but that line sure did click.  Actually, Recchi wasn't much for defense or speed, he was just a good, smart hockey player.  The same (good and smart) can be said for Peverley (and someday Seguin I hope!).

Sections
Shortcuts