_

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Re: Jared Knight

In Response to Re: Jared Knight:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Jared Knight : Good point about Recchi. It is not true that players who can't play defense are better with Bergeron.  They tried Ryder on that line for a short time, and I thought the whole line was crap on defense during that stretch.  Bergeron wasn't able to make up for it on the defensive end.  I think he is able to improve typically defensive players' offensive games.
    Posted by mattc355[/QUOTE]

Poor example.  Ryder failed on every line.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuturmouthwhenimtalkingtoyou. Show shuturmouthwhenimtalkingtoyou's posts

[QUOTE]Knight and Spooner, by all accounts, are developing very well. I see no reason why we need to rush either of them onto the team. Having a well developed farm system is a powerful asset and the Bruins would be served well to continue to strengthen it. For those of you who are less patient, let me take you back before the trade deadline. Peter  Chiarelli had recently said that the Bruins were looking for an internal solution at 3rd line-center. Up comes Zach Hamill, the most seasoned center our farm team to see if he fits the bill.  I'll give you a summary for those who don't remember: two games of excrutiating mediocrity. It was blatantly obvious that we needed to make a trade and Chiarelli didn't waste any time being polite; he sent hamil down before the kid knew what hit him. In comes Kelly from the Ottawa Senators, praise little baby Jesus. It's a sad state of affairs when been our best option last season, a guy who has been in the AHL for 3 years , a guy who had every opporunity to learn what it takes to be a professional, a guy who everybody and their brother wanted to write off, can't summon the adrenaline to for a few strong shifts down the stretch for a stanley cup contender. O.k., he made a few nice passes I hear, but overall, he was passive, pushed off the puck easily, and content to pretend he hard earned the right to glide around reading the play like a #1 center. Remeber that this was the best we had to offer last season. Thats a pathetic farm system IMO. They were right to fire the coach; they deserved to be the worst team in the AHL. So clearly our AHL team needs to improve, but it isn't all terrible news. Even though I think he's a marginal player, Caron has looked semi-servicable during his time; he could act as a stop-gap until the next trade deadline. By all accounts his attitude has been good, and he's working hard to get back to the big time. The Bruins could continue to send a strong message to their floundering P-Bruins club by rewarding that effort.   Now people want to rush Spooner and Knight to the big-time like they are Tyler Seguin. Please remember that Seguin dominated juniors; he had nothing to left to do other than win a memorial cup. Think Spooner/Knight have nothing left to prove in the OHL? How about this: Now that you've built some size and worked on your game (good job btw), show some leadership Knight, help your team get out of dead-last in your division Spooner, help your team get out of dead-last in your conference. Send them both back to Juniors and then send them both to the AHL next season. Show future Bruins prospects the hard work needed to crack the line-up of a playoff team.  Unless of couse, either of them blow the doors off during training camp. You wont see me complain with that kind of endorsement.
    Posted by Olsonicator[/QUOTE]

How often do you agree 100% with a post this long? Like 0% of the time, but I agree 100% with this entire post. 

This dude's hired. 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Jared Knight : How often do you agree 100% with a post this long? Like 0% of the time, but I agree 100% with this entire post.  This dude's hired. 
    Posted by shuturmouthwhenimtalkingtoyou[/QUOTE]

OC is a high quality poster.  If he's going to go into that detail, he's always worth reading.

(Unlike Bookboy, who writes that much and threatens to put Ambien out of business)

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from thedauber1. Show thedauber1's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Jared Knight : I didn't like what I saw from Peverley during his time on Bergeron's line last season.  Recchi was far better, and I wasn't expecting that.  Peverley and Seguin are similar.  Neither of them click on Bergeron's line for whatever reason.  This may change, but nothing that I saw last season told me any different. Caron, Knight or even Kelly if you're looking for experience (and we all know Julien is) will work better on Bergeron's line.  Bergeron likes to carry weaker players and forces them to raise their game.  At the same time the third line will be flashier, and those players will be better served to play there. 
    Posted by mattc355[/QUOTE]

were you watching someone play NHL11?

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Jared Knight : Did you see him at the summer camp?
    Posted by bim09[/QUOTE]

Did I need to ?

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Jared Knight : OC is a high quality poster.  If he's going to go into that detail, he's always worth reading. (Unlike Bookboy, who writes that much and threatens to put Ambien out of business)
    Posted by Not-A-Shot[/QUOTE]

Yeah, but I'm easier on your liver. 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from RickyHussle. Show RickyHussle's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Jared Knight : i would imagine that is Ebonics for benoit pouliot
    Posted by LoyalBlackNGold[/QUOTE]

WTH does ebonics have to do with anything, Archie?

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

I was wondering when the bb nas battle would begin. 

even tho nas never makes personal comments

whatever.

better than that winesock kanes thing which makes me want to gouge my eyes out.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from john6345. Show john6345's posts

Maybe Spooner has a shot at a roster spot if Pouliot falls flat on his face or Caron fails to show improvement, but in all likelyhood both will be back with their OHL clubs.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

BadHab - sorry to disappoint, but unless NAS is bored enough, I don't see an epic battle on the horizon.  He's taken a few opportune shots at me - usually funny.  I've taken a few at him.  I thought about responding to this one with "TL;DR".

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

[QUOTE]BadHab - sorry to disappoint, but unless NAS is bored enough, I don't see an epic battle on the horizon.  He's taken a few opportune shots at me - usually funny.  I've taken a few at him.  I thought about responding to this one with "TL;DR".
    Posted by Bookboy007[/QUOTE]

Certainly not disappointed.
    I am disappointed with Tommy Cross.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

[QUOTE]I was wondering when the bb nas battle would begin.  even tho nas never makes personal comments whatever. better than that winesock kanes thing which makes me want to gouge my eyes out.
    Posted by BadHabitude[/QUOTE]

No no no problems between BB and Shot. They're on the same page and agree with each other most of the times.
    At one point I even wondered if Shot and BB were the same person but then BB's references and knowledge on Ontario and Shot's knowledge down in New England convinced me they were 2 different individuals.
    Shot uses that sarcasm that not many understand LOL

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Jared Knight : Fletch, I think that they will fight hard but will be sent back down for more seasoning with Chiarelli sticking with his plan of giving Pouliot a shot.
    Posted by SanDogBrewin[/QUOTE]

I think you're right.  I just think that Knight is behind the top providence guys, in addition to Pouliot.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

Someone want to explain "TL;DR" to me?  I'm a little slow.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from RickyHussle. Show RickyHussle's posts

[QUOTE]Someone want to explain "TL;DR" to me?  I'm a little slow.
    Posted by Fletcher1[/QUOTE]

I think there was a drunk joke at some point.  I think that response would indicate drunkeness.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

Too Long; Didn't Read.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

In Response to Re: Jared Knight:[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Jared Knight : Certainly not disappointed. I am disappointed with Tommy Cross. Posted by BadHabitude[/QUOTE]

Why because he hurt his knee a couple of times in college ? Thinks he can learn more from Jerry York rather than Murray (banished to Alaska) ? Or he wants his degree ?

I will wait to see if he is absolutely awful in Providence before I judge him. Can't judge Knight, Spooner or Khokhlachev until I see how they handle AHL hitting. I'm allot more disappointed in Alexandrov than Cross at this point...

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Wheatskins. Show Wheatskins's posts

Boy, the dog days of summer have started.

Jared Knight won't make the Bruins this year. He will also not be sent to Providence.

Jared Knight is destined to be back in London for 2010-11, because Dale Hunter wants to win the Memorial Cup. Hunter has taken many steps already to that end, including the eventual acquistion of Ryan Spooner.

What does this mean for Bruin fans?

Knight and Spooner get more experience together and go through a Cup run, also together. They get their confidence levels up and then make a push for the Bruins roster next training camp.

Knight and Spooner have become joined at the hip and will remain together, probably for the rest of their careers - to the delight of Bruin fans.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Jared Knight : Why because he hurt his knee a couple of times in college ? Thinks he can learn more from Jerry York rather than Murray (banished to Alaska) ? Or he wants his degree ? I will wait to see if he is absolutely awful in Providence before I judge him. Can't judge Knight, Spooner or Khokhlachev until I see how they handle AHL hitting. I'm allot more disappointed in Alexandrov than Cross at this point...
    Posted by SanDogBrewin[/QUOTE]

Facts, nothing but the facts.
    What I saw at camp:
    *Mispassed to a guy 6 feet in front of him.
    *Pucked popped over the blue line and he casually went to handle the puck with one hand, missed puck, scrambled to get it back.
    *Had puck at blue line with a guy open on the goal line left of net.  Very open, not covered and there for so long he was gathering dust.  He shoots on goal.
    *Loose puck in crease with forwards poking at it, instead of knocking someone down, he starts poking at well, puck goes in.
    I can't resist, on that last one I will comment, it should be instinctual at this point in his life that he immediately go to knock someone down.

He's got one more that he uses a lot, but only when standing still, he toes the puck in and pulls it out.

Physically he was more mature than anyone - if you gave his size/maturity to Hamilton, he would be playing in the NHL.  Yet, despite the physical maturity he did nothing in the scrimmage at all.

He was just ok at the skating drills.

When guys have been to the dev camp before you can usually tell, but not Cross.  If he was 18 years old I would be singing a whole different tune.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

[QUOTE]Boy, the dog days of summer have started. Jared Knight won't make the Bruins this year. He will also not be sent to Providence. Jared Knight is destined to be back in London for 2010-11, because Dale Hunter wants to win the Memorial Cup. Hunter has taken many steps already to that end, including the eventual acquistion of Ryan Spooner. What does this mean for Bruin fans? Knight and Spooner get more experience together and go through a Cup run, also together. They get their confidence levels up and then make a push for the Bruins roster next training camp. Knight and Spooner have become joined at the hip and will remain together, probably for the rest of their careers - to the delight of Bruin fans.
    Posted by Wheatskins[/QUOTE]

I hope so, but I still think that the AHL would be the perfect place for them, too bad they can't go there.

At the risk of offending Chowda, yah the OHL is good, but not so good that Knight and Spooner will struggle.  And I think they would struggle enough in the AHL so as to move their game up a notch.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Jared Knight : I hope so, but I still think that the AHL would be the perfect place for them, too bad they can't go there. At the risk of offending Chowda, yah the OHL is good, but not so good that Knight and Spooner will struggle.  And I think they would struggle enough in the AHL so as to move their game up a notch.

No offence taken Badhab. And yes maybe the AHL would be better for them. But what's really better for them ? Achieving in the OHL or struggling ( your words . I think they'd do ok ) in the AHL ? The AHL can wait . They are 19.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Jared Knight : Facts, nothing but the facts. What I saw at camp: *Mispassed to a guy 6 feet in front of him. *Pucked popped over the blue line and he casually went to handle the puck with one hand, missed puck, scrambled to get it back. *Had puck at blue line with a guy open on the goal line left of net.  Very open, not covered and there for so long he was gathering dust.  He shoots on goal. *Loose puck in crease with forwards poking at it, instead of knocking someone down, he starts poking at well, puck goes in. I can't resist, on that last one I will comment, it should be instinctual at this point in his life that he immediately go to knock someone down. He's got one more that he uses a lot, but only when standing still, he toes the puck in and pulls it out. Physically he was more mature than anyone - if you gave his size/maturity to Hamilton, he would be playing in the NHL.  Yet, despite the physical maturity he did nothing in the scrimmage at all. He was just ok at the skating drills. When guys have been to the dev camp before you can usually tell, but not Cross.  If he was 18 years old I would be singing a whole different tune.
    BH, nothing against your ability to rate players but didn't PC say he was impressed with Cross after this year's dev-camp? and let's not forget you already were calling Cross a bust before camp even started so I think you already had your mind made up.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Jared Knight : BH, nothing against your ability to rate players but didn't PC say he was impressed with Cross after this year's dev-camp? and let's not forget you already were calling Cross a bust before camp even started so I think you already had your mind made up.
    Posted by dezaruchi[/QUOTE]

To add to that, players aren't made at training camp.  It's not Dancing with the Stars where they lose a couple of points for missing a pass.  It's an evaluation of the player's current abilities.    Maybe he gets a call for preseason.  Maybe he gets a call for AHL preseason.  Heck, if Alexandrov can make the AHL roster, a kid from BC can.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

[QUOTE]BadHab - sorry to disappoint, but unless NAS is bored enough, I don't see an epic battle on the horizon.  He's taken a few opportune shots at me - usually funny.  I've taken a few at him.  I thought about responding to this one with "TL;DR".
    Posted by Bookboy007[/QUOTE]

Yeah, pal?  Everyone knows unprovoked attacks on long time quality posters here is 100% my style.

I got you in my cross hairs. 

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

Oh, abso-freakin'-lutely! 

(even I couldn't call the Ambien line unprovoked)

Sections
Shortcuts