_

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from bim09. Show bim09's posts

Re: Jared Knight

Chowda, I go see these players in person and now your saying I don't need too...?

Stop changing the rules!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

In Response to Re: Jared Knight:
    [QUOTE]Chowda, I go see these players in person and now your saying I don't need too...? Stop changing the rules!
    Posted by bim09[/QUOTE]

Changing the rules ? What the F are you talking about ? You asked me this and I replied. In case you didn't know I do watch OHL hockey. I don't see anything referring to what your opinion was on Knight. It was mine. Put down your bottle and read below.

My opinion ? He's not ready yet .
    Posted by Chowdahkid-

Did you see him at the summer camp?

In Response to Re: Jared Knight : Did you see him at the summer camp?
    Posted by bim09

Did I need to ?

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Bim, Chowda doesn't have to spend time watching some of these players in drills.  He watches them all season long in actual games.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Wheatskins. Show Wheatskins's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Jared Knight : BH, nothing against your ability to rate players but didn't PC say he was impressed with Cross after this year's dev-camp? and let's not forget you already were calling Cross a bust before camp even started so I think you already had your mind made up.
    Posted by dezaruchi[/QUOTE]

I think PC was being polite and didn't want to discourage him.

He was the veteran in this years camp, and he was displaying some leadership qualities. But, overall, I think, even Cross was probably disappointed with his showing this time.

However, there is nothing like a little encouragement to help him along.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

[QUOTE]Bim, Chowda doesn't have to spend time watching some of these players in drills.  He watches them all season long in actual games.
    Posted by Not-A-Shot[/QUOTE]

He knows this. I'm surprised he has changed his opinion on Knight. He has been quoted as saying Knight was a terrible pick. He bashed him all season long with stats compared to Toffoli. And now he likes Knight after watching development camp ? I'm baffled.

Maybe he turned the corner in that camp . ( Just being sarcastic and not trying to start anything so please don't get upset at me ).

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Jared Knight : BH, nothing against your ability to rate players but didn't PC say he was impressed with Cross after this year's dev-camp? and let's not forget you already were calling Cross a bust before camp even started so I think you already had your mind made up.
    Posted by dezaruchi[/QUOTE]

I admit that I was calling Cross a bust before camp.

And yes, it is not dancing with the stars, but...

I tried to stick only with the facts of what I saw at dev camp and leave my personal interpretation out of it.

This is subjective - of course - but here goes.

It wasn't like he just missed a pass and did the equivalent of a few stumbles to go with the dancing with the stars analogy.  He did not look smooth.  He did not seem confident.  He's certainly not that fast.  He doesn't seem to be able to shoot that hard.   I didn't like his skating.  I *watch* dev camp - and not every day and not every year and I use some of the drills on my backyard rink and it helps my skating, I would think Cross would have gotten more from it.  After all, if it had an effect on me...

Now I'll try to say as many good things as I can.  He is physically mature and he was clearly a man among boys out there.   His shoulders were probably wider than anyone else out there.  Although I said I didn't like his skating, he was stable on his skates, maybe more than anyone else, in other words I would guess the hardest guy to knock down on the ice.  He seems like he is strong.  I had an impression that he spent a fair amount of time in the weight room.  I had an impression that his conditioning was really good, maybe the best out there.  On these last 2 points I have zero evidence, nor can I point to some example, they were just impressions.

I'm not looking to argue.  I do have my opinions and I feel that Hamil, Lewis and Cross were the mistakes of a rookie gm.  I'm not looking to make personal attacks (ahem! ahem!).  I'm just trying to share what I got from camp.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

In Response to Re: Jared Knight:[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Jared Knight : I'm not looking to argue.  I do have my opinions and I feel that Hamil, Lewis and Cross were the mistakes of a rookie gm. I'm just trying to share what I got from camp.
    Posted by BadHabitude[/QUOTE]

Can't ask for more than that you're being honest. I'm going to wait till half way through Tommy's 2nd AHL season to pass a "bust" judgement on him. Jerry York doesn't pick his captain's out of a hat and I've never seen Cross make Wides and Kaberle like cough ups in his own end ever time will tell.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Jared Knight : I admit that I was calling Cross a bust before camp. And yes, it is not dancing with the stars, but... I tried to stick only with the facts of what I saw at dev camp and leave my personal interpretation out of it. This is subjective - of course - but here goes. It wasn't like he just missed a pass and did the equivalent of a few stumbles to go with the dancing with the stars analogy.  He did not look smooth.  He did not seem confident.  He's certainly not that fast.  He doesn't seem to be able to shoot that hard.   I didn't like his skating.  I *watch* dev camp - and not every day and not every year and I use some of the drills on my backyard rink and it helps my skating, I would think Cross would have gotten more from it.  After all, if it had an effect on me... Now I'll try to say as many good things as I can.  He is physically mature and he was clearly a man among boys out there.   His shoulders were probably wider than anyone else out there.  Although I said I didn't like his skating, he was stable on his skates, maybe more than anyone else, in other words I would guess the hardest guy to knock down on the ice.  He seems like he is strong.  I had an impression that he spent a fair amount of time in the weight room.  I had an impression that his conditioning was really good, maybe the best out there.  On these last 2 points I have zero evidence, nor can I point to some example, they were just impressions. I'm not looking to argue.  I do have my opinions and I feel that Hamil, Lewis and Cross were the mistakes of a rookie gm.  I'm not looking to make personal attacks ( ahem! ahem! ).  I'm just trying to share what I got from camp.

Good report BH, interesting to read what you've seen . Btw take something for that cough.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

[QUOTE]Bim, Chowda doesn't have to spend time watching some of these players in drills.  He watches them all season long in actual games.
    Posted by Not-A-Shot[/QUOTE]

Drills ... I like that comment.  
    The real questions are Chowdah did you ever watch them playing paintball ?
    Which one will become a better cook ?

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Jared Knight : Drills ... I like that comment.   The real questions are Chowdah did you ever watch them playing paintball ? Which one will become a better cook ?
    Posted by BsLegion[/QUOTE]

Funny stuff , B's Legion. I'll stalk Knight throughout Ontario this season and get back to you on those questions. Hmmm, maybe there are stats somewhere on that.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Crowls2424. Show Crowls2424's posts

Kirk Luedeke has Knight rated as the team's #2 prospect (behind Hamilton).

Projection
    Knight projects as a top-six scoring winger who could push for 40 goals in the NHL one day and could be a consistent 30-goal threat from year to year. At his floor, he's a third-liner who will play a solid two-way game. The style comparisons to Ryan Callahan are valid, and the two share some remarkable similarities in terms of size and style, as well as developmental path. Knight also reminds of a young Mark Recchi in that he is not the most explosive skater, but has excellent hands and a knack for generating scoring chances. You don't want to create unrealistic expectations for a player like Knight if he doesn't hit his target ceiling, but at the same time, he was the 32nd overall pick for a reason. The talent, drive and moxie is there and he appears to be just scratching the surface of his potential. He's going to have a tough challenge to win an NHL spot in the fall because of his junior situation, but he is physically ready to make a run. Knight might earn a 10-game audition if he can impress enough at training camp and during the exhibition season.

http://bruins2011draftwatch.blogspot.com/2011/07/boston-bruins-prospect-profile-2-jared.html

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from bim09. Show bim09's posts

[QUOTE]Kirk Luedeke has Knight rated as the team's #2 prospect (behind Hamilton). Projection Knight projects as a top-six scoring winger who could push for 40 goals in the NHL one day and could be a consistent 30-goal threat from year to year. At his floor, he's a third-liner who will play a solid two-way game. The style comparisons to Ryan Callahan are valid, and the two share some remarkable similarities in terms of size and style, as well as developmental path. Knight also reminds of a young Mark Recchi in that he is not the most explosive skater, but has excellent hands and a knack for generating scoring chances. You don't want to create unrealistic expectations for a player like Knight if he doesn't hit his target ceiling, but at the same time, he was the 32nd overall pick for a reason. The talent, drive and moxie is there and he appears to be just scratching the surface of his potential. He's going to have a tough challenge to win an NHL spot in the fall because of his junior situation, but he is physically ready to make a run. Knight might earn a 10-game audition if he can impress enough at training camp and during the exhibition season. http://bruins2011draftwatch.blogspot.com/2011/07/boston-bruins-prospect-profile-2-jared.html
    Posted by Crowls2424[/QUOTE]

He looked alot better than he did last year.

And, to Chowdah for the record, I still like Toffoli a little bit more than Knight.  Softer hands, more pure skill.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Jared Knight : He looked alot better than he did last year. And, to Chowdah for the record, I still like Toffoli a little bit more than Knight.  Softer hands, more pure skill.
    Posted by bim09[/QUOTE]

I like Toffoli too. And I agree with your last statement. They have different styles of play. But I'd say that Knight has a more complete game right at the moment. He can play in all different situations. Toffoli , no.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Crowls, What are your thoughts on prospects ,whom have never played in the AHL, being rated higher than prospects that have established themselves some what in Providence ?

Chowdah, Bim feel free to jump in...curious here...meaning are the writers who evaluate organizations prospects saying that if Hamilton, Spooner and Knight were old enough to play in the AHL would produce then make the jump quicker ?

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Crowls2424. Show Crowls2424's posts

[QUOTE]Crowls, What are your thoughts on prospects ,whom have never played in the AHL, being rated higher than prospects that have established themselves some what in Providence ? Chowdah, Bim feel free to jump in...curious here...meaning are the writers who evaluate organizations prospects saying that if Hamilton, Spooner and Knight were old enough to play in the AHL would produce then make the jump quicker ?
    Posted by SanDogBrewin[/QUOTE]

SanDog- I can honestly say I haven't seen any/enough of these kids to offer anything other than speculation.  I also think some of these prospect rankings focus more on a player's projected ceiling rather than their current NHL readiness.

My sense is that if Knight outplays Caron, Sauve, Pouliot, etc. in camp, he has a chance to win a spot. I think the B's brass has been pretty consistent about that over the past couple of years. Assuming Seguin has a spot on the top-3 lines and there are no other injuries, it will be a dog-fight for one spot between; Pouliot, Caron, Sauve, Arniel, Knight and Spooner. Let the best man/kid win.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

[QUOTE]Crowls, What are your thoughts on prospects ,whom have never played in the AHL, being rated higher than prospects that have established themselves some what in Providence ? Chowdah, Bim feel free to jump in...curious here...meaning are the writers who evaluate organizations prospects saying that if Hamilton, Spooner and Knight were old enough to play in the AHL would produce then make the jump quicker ?

Can't speak for what the writers are thinking . My thoughts ? Not all players need to go to the AHL to get better to make the jump. Some do. Some need to go up and down from the AHL to the NHL a few times . Some don't make it. Different strokes for different folks. It's all speculation by the writers ( or the famous crystal ball approach ). 

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Jared Knight : I admit that I was calling Cross a bust before camp. And yes, it is not dancing with the stars, but... I tried to stick only with the facts of what I saw at dev camp and leave my personal interpretation out of it. This is subjective - of course - but here goes. It wasn't like he just missed a pass and did the equivalent of a few stumbles to go with the dancing with the stars analogy.  He did not look smooth.  He did not seem confident.  He's certainly not that fast.  He doesn't seem to be able to shoot that hard.   I didn't like his skating.  I *watch* dev camp - and not every day and not every year and I use some of the drills on my backyard rink and it helps my skating, I would think Cross would have gotten more from it.  After all, if it had an effect on me... Now I'll try to say as many good things as I can.  He is physically mature and he was clearly a man among boys out there.   His shoulders were probably wider than anyone else out there.  Although I said I didn't like his skating, he was stable on his skates, maybe more than anyone else, in other words I would guess the hardest guy to knock down on the ice.  He seems like he is strong.  I had an impression that he spent a fair amount of time in the weight room.  I had an impression that his conditioning was really good, maybe the best out there.  On these last 2 points I have zero evidence, nor can I point to some example, they were just impressions. I'm not looking to argue.  I do have my opinions and I feel that Hamil, Lewis and Cross were the mistakes of a rookie gm.  I'm not looking to make personal attacks ( ahem! ahem! ).  I'm just trying to share what I got from camp.
    Nor was I BH.......I was just simply stating that I knew going into dev camp that  Cross had a long ways to go if he was to gain your favour. Thanks for the in-depth summary though. I honestly haven't seen enough of him to make any  assessment.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

If Kelly is on the second line, the season is dead.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from biggskye. Show biggskye's posts

Kelly, unless traded, will be the 3rd line centre. There is no way he goes to the 2nd line. That spot will be filled by either Seguin or Peverley, with the loser joining Kelly on the 3rd line.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Jared Knight : I would try all three.  Hopefully we can find a combination where we can simultaneously have the best possible second line and the best possible third line.
    Posted by mattc355[/QUOTE]

If Chris Kelly is on your second line, and the other two players are Crosby and Ovechkin, you might, might, might have the best second line in the NHL.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from islamorada. Show islamorada's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Jared Knight : Fletch, I think that they will fight hard but will be sent back down for more seasoning with Chiarelli sticking with his plan of giving Pouliot a shot.

Spot on, my thoughts exactly when I saw Pouliot signed.  Caron is the only one who could move up imo. Hopefully the Bs will not return to the injury plagued years prior to this year.