"Crybaby" Shane Doan.

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

"Crybaby" Shane Doan.

So I missed the OT goal last night due to a call at work and had to youtube it a few minutes later. Saw the Brown hit and the Penner goal, and then the handshake. Right off the bat people were commenting on how much of a cry baby Shane Doan is for what looked like yelling at Dustin Brown during the handshake and yelling at the refs after the goal.

Now I wont get into a debate about the Brown hit but I can't see how one can call Doan a crybaby. I went back on youtube today and there were many more comments about him. I actually love the passion he showed, how he was still mad, and I'm sure he let Brown know how he felt  but I took note that he still shook his hand. I have no problem with him doing what he did.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Re: "Crybaby" Shane Doan.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KoxnrVbU1E8

No problem at all Shane shook hands but said his peace while he was doing it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dlg4qpHumVk

Huge fan of Dustin Brown but that was scum-b@g move!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49-North. Show 49-North's posts

...and what about Doughty's tantrum?  He's lucky he didn't get a misconduct for both the interference penalty and the offside call.

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bisson1. Show Bisson1's posts

In Response to Re: "Crybaby" Shane Doan.:
    [QUOTE]...and what about Doughty's tantrum?  He's lucky he didn't get a misconduct for both the interference penalty and the offside call.
    Posted by 49-North[/QUOTE]

Doughty got screwed by the refs twice in overtime of a potential clinching game, understandable that he was a little bit pissed off. 

Agreed that Shane Doan yapping at Brown during the shake was no big deal. I remember earlier in the year Brown took a run at one of Phoenix's players and Doan fought him... can't remember exactly what happened. Two captians who don't really like eachother is fun to watch imo, sure Doan will be after him next year. 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from 86redsox. Show 86redsox's posts

mr. "repeat offender" Doan?

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

The King pulled an Ulf. Damn straight Doan, as captain, should complain That was a missed call that lead to series winning goal. And he still had class enougbh to shake the guy's hand.

Not anywhere near a crybaby.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from nrguy. Show nrguy's posts

The Brown hit was very questionable but it wasn't the dirtiest hit I've seen. Brown doesn't extend his leg and tries to hit him on the shoulder, the knee on knee to me is incidental to me. It's a bad hit, true. But in no way do I think it was suspendable or even a penalty. To me it looked like he was trying to make his left shoulder the point of contact. Again, bad hit, but not awful.  

However, you're giving Doan credit for not letting it go and letting the play distract him from focusing on the game? Huh?

Passion is one thing, whinning to the refs after you lose shows me that you lose focus easily and get distracted. I don't applaud him for not letting it go, I criticize him for letting it distract him. Especially since he's the captain.

Now he has the whole offseason to talk about Brown.

Was it worse than this?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gpw2OETxos0

My answer is absolutely not but Brown has had more questionable hits.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from john6345. Show john6345's posts

Shane Doan is a good hard player,I watched much of that game.Brown deliberately ran Doan into an open door on the bench  I don't think he appreciated all that much.Unfortunately the league is full of guys like Brown running around taking runs at guys.Please take out the instigator rule.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]Shane Doan is a good hard player,I watched much of that game.Brown deliberately ran Doan into an open door on the bench  I don't think he appreciated all that much.Unfortunately the league is full of guys like Brown running around taking runs at guys.Please take out the instigator rule.
    Posted by john6345[/QUOTE]
    Sure Brown is dirty but Doan is no angel either.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from BruinsIn4. Show BruinsIn4's posts

Doan sure was a crybaby in his post-game scrum.  I know hurting hurts - but to make out like the refs were "out for" the Coyotes because they don't have an owner is a total joke.  The refs jobbed the Kings an equal amount - if not more - during that game.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

[QUOTE]The Brown hit was very questionable but it wasn't the dirtiest hit I've seen. Brown doesn't extend his leg and tries to hit him on the shoulder, the knee on knee to me is incidental to me. It's a bad hit, true. But in no way do I think it was suspendable or even a penalty. To me it looked like he was trying to make his left shoulder the point of contact. Again, bad hit, but not awful.   However, you're giving Doan credit for not letting it go and letting the play distract him from focusing on the game? Huh? Passion is one thing, whinning to the refs after you lose shows me that you lose focus easily and get distracted. I don't applaud him for not letting it go, I criticize him for letting it distract him. Especially since he's the captain. Now he has the whole offseason to talk about Brown. Was it worse than this? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gpw2OETxos0 My answer is absolutely not but Brown has had more questionable hits.
    Posted by nrguy[/QUOTE]

Who is giving Doan credit for letting the play distract him?  How do you know the play distracted him?  I simply said I liked how he let Brown know what he thought of him and the passion he showed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from nrguy. Show nrguy's posts

In Response to "Crybaby" Shane Doan.:
    [QUOTE] Right off the bat people were commenting on how much of a cry baby Shane Doan is for what looked like yelling at Dustin Brown during the handshake and yelling at the refs after the goal. Now I wont get into a debate about the Brown hit but I can't see how one can call Doan a crybaby. I went back on youtube today and there were many more comments about him. I actually love the passion he showed, how he was still mad, and I'm sure he let Brown know how he felt  but I took note that he still shook his hand. I have no problem with him doing what he did.
    Posted by kelvana33[/QUOTE]

^This.

If you're barking at the officials right after the goal about it and then barking to Brown during the handshake, it was obviously one of his main focuses. The first thing on his mind shouldn't have been a perceived missed call, it should have been on the game. That, to me, is a distraction from focusing on winning the game. Maybe if his focus was more on winning than whinning, the outcome could have been different.

His job as a captain is to keep his team focused and deal with missed calls and revenge another day.

I disagree that he should be applauded for his perceived passion as I view it as a distraction.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from adkbeesfan. Show adkbeesfan's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: "Crybaby" Shane Doan. : Who is giving Doan credit for letting the play distract him?  How do you know the play distracted him?  I simply said I liked how he let Brown know what he thought of him and the passion he showed.
    Posted by kelvana33[/QUOTE]the fact that 18 seconds after play resumed the kings scored the series winning goal might come across as the coyotes being a wee bit distracted. they lost focus, that's quite evident. seeing as how after the goal was scored doan was whining to the refs, is further proof they had not let the incident go and gotten ready to focus on the task at hand. since when did whining and crying= passion? i guess it was "passion" that cost them that game and series then. was alain vignealt "passionate" when he whined to the media last year during the SCF? i'm also guessing that sidney crosby was being "passionate" when he whined about krejci's devastating hit that sidelined him? would the bruins have been "passionate" if they sat down on the ice and refused to leave after the series ending goal, protesting a goalie interference no-call? tim thomas should have yelled at knuble in the handshake line i guess. i'm glad the bruins play with no "passion".

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from adkbeesfan. Show adkbeesfan's posts

anyone watch tortarella's presser last night... it's obvious he's lost his passion for the game. so sad to see, he's been the most passionate guy these entire playoffs.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

Like most here, I didn't see any problem with what Doan did.  You're supposed to shake hands, but I don't think there should be any rules about what is said.  I was ticked off, as he should be.

And yeah, it was a dirty hit.  Not horrible, but he had plenty of time to avoid him or pull his leg back.  Instead, it looked like he weighted down on the leg to maximize the impact.  That's just how Brown plays, and I doubt that anyone is surprised that he's gonna make people mad.  He's fun to watch and is tremendously effective, but I won't shed a tear either if he gets his one day.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from SoxFanInIL. Show SoxFanInIL's posts

I thought Doan acted like a baby but I thought Mike Smith acted like an off-the -charts baby... although Id also agree if I reffed that game I would have rung up Doughty's continuous tantrum(S) with an unsportsmanlike or a misconduct.

I guess I didn't see the hit as the horrible dirty play everyone here does.

I just can't stand when teams jump on the "refs scr3wed us" BS. Tippitt started it with his Head Crybaby act at the podium a couple games ago... and I didnt hear him reference his own goalie's Academy Award when he was crying about embellishment. Suddenly a team who loses 4 out of 5 games lost because of the officiating. Whatever. I just hate hockey players when they jump on the excuses.

I thought the refs were weak against both teams in that series.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: "Crybaby" Shane Doan. : the fact that 18 seconds after play resumed the kings scored the series winning goal might come across as the coyotes being a wee bit distracted. they lost focus, that's quite evident. seeing as how after the goal was scored doan was whining to the refs, is further proof they had not let the incident go and gotten ready to focus on the task at hand. since when did whining and crying= passion? i guess it was "passion" that cost them that game and series then. was alain vignealt "passionate" when he whined to the media last year during the SCF? i'm also guessing that sidney crosby was being "passionate" when he whined about krejci's devastating hit that sidelined him? would the bruins have been "passionate" if they sat down on the ice and refused to leave after the series ending goal, protesting a goalie interference no-call? tim thomas should have yelled at knuble in the handshake line i guess. i'm glad the bruins play with no "passion".
    Posted by adkbeesfan[/QUOTE]

Your not getting my point. Never said anything about comments after the game or what was said about or to the refs.I've yet to hear them. I said I liked how he shook Browns hand like a good sport but also said some stuff to him. All I can do is guess, but I'm gussing he said something along the lines of how he didnt like the hit and he'll be seeing him next year. Thats it.

How you turned this into Tim Thomas should have yelled at Knuble, or Sidney Crosby whining about the Krejci hit , I have no idea.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from nitemare-38. Show nitemare-38's posts

[QUOTE]...and what about Doughty's tantrum?  He's lucky he didn't get a misconduct for both the interference penalty and the offside call.
    Posted by 49-North[/QUOTE]
    Yea he could've gotten 32 minutes worth!!

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from nitemare-38. Show nitemare-38's posts

[QUOTE]I thought Doan acted like a baby but I thought Mike Smith acted like an off-the -charts baby... although Id also agree if I reffed that game I would have rung up Doughty's continuous tantrum(S) with an unsportsmanlike or a misconduct. I guess I didn't see the hit as the horrible dirty play everyone here does. I just can't stand when teams jump on the "refs scr3wed us" BS. Tippitt started it with his Head Crybaby act at the podium a couple games ago... and I didnt hear him reference his own goalie's Academy Award when he was crying about embellishment. Suddenly a team who loses 4 out of 5 games lost because of the officiating. Whatever. I just hate hockey players when they jump on the excuses. I thought the refs were weak against both teams in that series.
    Posted by SoxFanInIL[/QUOTE]
    I don't either & I find it very hypocritical to be calling this a dirty hit, but Chara's hit on Patches was fine! Both of them just hockey plays that turned bad with bad timing.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from fourrings. Show fourrings's posts

In response to ""Crybaby" Shane Doan.": [QUOTE]So I missed the OT goal last night due to a call at work and had to youtube it a few minutes later. Saw the Brown hit and the Penner goal, and then the handshake. Right off the bat people were commenting on how much of a cry baby Shane Doan is for what looked like yelling at Dustin Brown during the handshake and yelling at the refs after the goal. Now I wont get into a debate about the Brown hit but I can't see how one can call Doan a crybaby. I went back on youtube today and there were many more comments about him. I actually love the passion he showed, how he was still mad, and I'm sure he let Brown know how he felt  but I took note that he still shook his hand. I have no problem with him doing what he did. Posted by kelvana33[/QUOTE] He WAS a crybaby in the post game interview, so was yandle

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from nitemare-38. Show nitemare-38's posts

[QUOTE]In response to ""Crybaby" Shane Doan.": He WAS a crybaby in the post game interview, so was yandle
    Posted by fourrings[/QUOTE]
    What I find amusing about the whole thing, is that Doan & Yandle talk like it was only a one game series & because of what they deem bad calls/noncalls by the refs they lost. What about the other 3 games that they lost?  

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from fourrings. Show fourrings's posts

exactly^^^^^^^^^

Sections
Shortcuts