"D" is for Disaster

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from hangnail. Show hangnail's posts

"D" is for Disaster

I don't know what the D is thinking tonight but this is embarrassing. 

Too bad Timmy's not in to bail them out.  Not Tuukka's best effort tonight.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Beezfan4life. Show Beezfan4life's posts

Re: "D" is for Disaster

In response to ""D" is for Disaster":
    I don't know what the D is thinking tonight but this is embarrassing.  Too bad Timmy's not in to bail them out.  Not Tuukka's best effort tonight. Posted by hangnail
    Just brutal to watch...aside from the Ranger's game.this team has been mediocre since the New Year

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from hangnail. Show hangnail's posts

Tonight they seemed like they were just going through the motions.  Washington deserved the 2 points, no question about it.  They really haven't turned in too many stinkers like this so far this season.  File under "Character Builder"!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Newfiebullet. Show Newfiebullet's posts

Rask was very shaky tonight. Worse game for him in a while. Team was not prepared to play tonight.

Also feel teams are amping up the forecheck and physicality on the Bruins lately and putting more pressure on the defence which is causing them to make quicker decisions. CJ will have to adjust. It seems teams are chiping the puck in slowly and then going hard on the forecheck. Carolina done it perfectly in the game last week.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheBostonBruins. Show TheBostonBruins's posts

F#cking terrible. Absolutely brutal, taking it up the a s s from an AHL team.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from days-of-Orr. Show days-of-Orr's posts

these are the dog days of the season, let's hope the B'S return focused following a well-deserved break....

also. let's hope PC works the phone in order to pick up some help on the d since the games are only going to get harder with most teams still having playoff aspirations....

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

In Response to Re: "D" is for Disaster:
    Tonight they seemed like they were just going through the motions.  Washington deserved the 2 points, no question about it.  They really haven't turned in too many stinkers like this so far this season.  File under "Character Builder"!
    Posted by hangnail

hang - Well said.  Tonight was one game where the Bruins' play was largely uneven.  A first gear, second gear kind of jerky performance.  We know this will happen once in a while.  Thankfully so far it hasn't been often. 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from islamorada. Show islamorada's posts

Stinkers this year are few, this was one.  Boychuk and McQuaid got assists on a hat trick for the Caps.  Certainly better than last year, mediocrity was almost maddening in January/February.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

Even so they only lost by a goal, for a bad night they were still in this game.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bruinfaninnewjersey. Show Bruinfaninnewjersey's posts

Even so they only lost by a goal, for a bad night they were still in this game.
    Posted by BadHabitude

Many of our losses have been this way. Almost comforting. Almost.

Hope PC has some defensive depth moves planned... say bye, bye to Corvo.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from zamboni24. Show zamboni24's posts

Wierd stat someone came up with the other day about teams losing thier next game after visiting the White House. 

Too bad -- It's always nice to have a win last game going into the AS break. Rask would like to have a few of them back but the D was off as well. When you think of Ovie, Backstrom and Green out of the lineup -- this should have been a gimmie. Maybe thats what the B's were thinking tonight and got a dose of reality.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

Wierd stat someone came up with the other day about teams losing thier next game after visiting the White House.  Too bad -- It's always nice to have a win last game going into the AS break. Rask would like to have a few of them back but the D was off as well. When you think of Ovie, Backstrom and Green out of the lineup -- this should have been a gimmie. Maybe thats what the B's were thinking tonight and got a dose of reality.
    Posted by zamboni24

zamboni - Could be.  Some credit should go to the Caps as they seemed to be a step quicker than the Bruins tonight.  They were also bringing the body to the B's which is usually the other way around. 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from OrrEspoCash. Show OrrEspoCash's posts

They got all caught up in the Hoopla, like they did at the start of the year. B's play much better with no distractions. One man who was not distracted was Timmay!

14. This post has been removed.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from adkbeesfan. Show adkbeesfan's posts

i agree with most everything on this thread. here's my 2 cents... when the bruins play well, nobody in the league can compete with them. we're talkin' domination. when the bruins are playing poorly, they can still squeak out games, if not, at least keep the games close. the team doesn't need to be playing their best in jan, they need to hit their stride in april. it's funny, we all think the b's need to regroup, refocus, and work harder in the last 30+. this is true, but let's not lose sight of the fact that they are 2nd in the east right now. i know "resting on your laurels" is never a good thing, and i don't suggest it any way. but let's look at the big picture, and all be happy with a GREAT first 40+ games leading to the stanley cup's defense!!! they are right where they want to be. i'm soooo excited to see how this all plays out leading to the spring. go bruins! 

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from pschuller. Show pschuller's posts

In response to ""D" is for Disaster": Just brutal to watch...aside from the Ranger's game.this team has been mediocre since the New Year
    Posted by Beezfan4life

I would say they have been substandard since the Vancouver game, which for some reason seemed to take a lot out of them.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from pumpsiefan. Show pumpsiefan's posts

despite being a lifetime diehard B's fan of course I get called a troll everytime I offer this opinion...but I remain convinced that none of these guys - Ferrence, Corvo, Boychuck of McQuaid are truly legit Top Four defensemen. They are all third pair guys in my estimation. Yes, it is a minority opinion here, but I remain convinced it will prove itself true come this years playoffs.
    B's need to add another legit Top Four guy.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from bogie6. Show bogie6's posts

pumpsie, you are just about right. I also agree with ipot. Anyone blaming Rask is wrong. Our goalies have been the most consistent part of this team.Some of the forwards come to play every night, even Thornton [no skills] goes all out in energy every night. It is time for Chiarelli to improve the defense, and it's time for Claude to make Thornton the 13th forward.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from seobrien. Show seobrien's posts

i agree with most everything on this thread. here's my 2 cents... when the bruins play well, nobody in the league can compete with them. we're talkin' domination. when the bruins are playing poorly, they can still squeak out games, if not, at least keep the games close. the team doesn't need to be playing their best in jan, they need to hit their stride in april. it's funny, we all think the b's need to regroup, refocus, and work harder in the last 30+. this is true, but let's not lose sight of the fact that they are 2nd in the east right now. i know "resting on your laurels" is never a good thing, and i don't suggest it any way. but let's look at the big picture, and all be happy with a GREAT first 40+ games leading to the stanley cup's defense!!! they are right where they want to be. i'm soooo excited to see how this all plays out leading to the spring. go bruins! 
    Posted by adkbeesfan

Well said, but lets remember it's only a great 30 games. The first 10 were painful. I'll chalk a bit of last night's game to distraction. It would take some poor hockey for them to finish lower than 4th in the conf. Hopefully we can keep the other team's fans hating us for the next few years.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from lambda13. Show lambda13's posts

I think Ferrence can pass for a top 4. Other than that I agree. McQuaid and Boychuck are third pairing guys. Corvo is a future AHL d-man if he keeps up with his current play.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from stevegm. Show stevegm's posts

They'll tinker with the lineup, and make a change or two by the deadline.  Last night was terrible, but every team has those nights.  Team defense though, has been in a black hole for a while now.
    The schedule has been a dream to date, but it's gonna be a nightmare from here on out.
    Overall though. I think this team is better than last years, and that doesn't even include the experience/confidence factor, which can be a double edged sword.  The difference between being spectacularly successful, and a playoff dissappointment, is thinner than a razor blade.  Health plays a bigger part than anything, and everybody's just along for the ride there.

I'm more comfortable than I've been in a long, long time with the decision makers, and the processes, and the overall judgement of those running the show...in fact comfortable is the wrong word.  Impressed is probably better.  Whether it's re-signing players, lobbying to the league, not going all girly over PR issues(TT/president.Tyler/breakfast. Paille/Ferrence)....there seems to be a sense of competence and wisdom emanating from this organization that exceeds the norm. We all hear people talk about chemistry. Few things do more for team chemistry than a little belief that those you're bustin your back for...actually have a clue or two.
    It's an 82 game training camp, and we're a little better than half way there.  We know there are and will be bumps in the road.  At this stage though, it's pretty tough to say that we should have expected much more.  I'm lookin forward to watching the games.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from days-of-Orr. Show days-of-Orr's posts

although the B'S have had a very good first half the main reason's been the play of their dynamic duo between the pipes....  the only guys i trust on the d are Zdeno, Seids, Ference & Boychuk.... 

here's hoping PC picks up at least one reliable d-man for the stretch drive....  i think another shot at the cup is very realistic and the B'S should spare no expense, Dougie Hamilton excluded, in acquiring any missing links....

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from hangnail. Show hangnail's posts

Funny how last year everyone wanted a PMD, this year it's a "defense first" guy.  Essentially the same backline crew too!  Mark Stuart where are you?!

Sections
Shortcuts