"Get UP!!"

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bruins-Unite. Show Bruins-Unite's posts

"Get UP!!"

Say what you will about Jack Edwards (I know many Bostonians and others hate him), but he's actually trending world-wide on Twitter for his "GET UP!!!" remark in response to Mtl's diving, and the sound byte is freakin' HILARIOUS. Trying to get a hold of it.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from LUCICmilan17. Show LUCICmilan17's posts

Re: "Get UP!!"

its on youtube classic jack!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from ed121501. Show ed121501's posts

Awesome

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from flave36. Show flave36's posts

Jack just says what everyone was thinking. For instance: I totally knew that Pouliet was a 4th overall pick bust who never lived up to his potential and his entire career could be summed up in that cheapshot on Boychuck and wanted Ference to tear his head off.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nhl/blog/puck_daddy/post/Video-Best-of-Jack-Edwards-vs-Canadiens-in-Gam?urn=nhl-wp2935

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from montecristo. Show montecristo's posts

I thought it was way over the top and embarassing. I'd rather hear straight boring play calling then over the top homerism from Jack Edwards.

When does his contract end? Can we blame this signing on PC too???

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostonguy67. Show bostonguy67's posts

In Response to Re: "Get UP!!":
    [QUOTE]I thought it was way over the top and embarassing. I'd rather hear straight boring play calling then over the top homerism from Jack Edwards. When does his contract end? Can we blame this signing on PC too???
    Posted by montecristo[/QUOTE]

I'm not a big Jack Edwards fan but I thought he did his best Johnny Most impression last night...in a good way.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheDecision. Show TheDecision's posts

What the hell do you want Jack Edwards to be? A Hab fan? My God, he is a broadcaster for NESN and is a Bruins fan.  He is by far, one of the best play-by-play guys in the NHL...try and watch other team's broadcasts...like Tampa Bay, Florida, Carolina.  It's pathetic...at least Jack gets you in the game and tries to entertain you...God, all this whinning about Jack Edwards is pathetic, grow up and deal with it, Christ

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from montecristo. Show montecristo's posts

[QUOTE]What the hell do you want Jack Edwards to be? A Hab fan? My God, he is a broadcaster for NESN and is a Bruins fan.  He is by far, one of the best play-by-play guys in the NHL...try and watch other team's broadcasts...like Tampa Bay, Florida, Carolina.  It's pathetic...at least Jack gets you in the game and tries to entertain you...God, all this whinning about Jack Edwards is pathetic, grow up and deal with it, Christ
    Posted by TheDecision[/QUOTE]

It's called an opinion...what does having an opinion contrary to the popular have to do with growing up? Maybe you should grow up and be able to see a different point of view other then your own.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

You know what -- I was yelling exactly the same thing at the tv when that happened.

Maybe broadcasters should show more restraint than the drunken fans watching on tv, but on the other hand, Edwards is a local (not national) broadcaster, so what's wrong with expressing the thoughts of Bruins fans while calling the game?

A little obnoxious?  Sure.  Who cares though?  He the home-town broadcaster and I'll be damned if there was one Bruins fan watching that wasn't sick and tired of that diving. 

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hanrahan1. Show Hanrahan1's posts

Edwards should probably be more impartial but the 'Get Up!' comment was hilarious. No doubt about it.

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bruins-Unite. Show Bruins-Unite's posts

I forgot I'd posted this last night lol - I just posted a link to the video in the other Jack Edwards thread :)

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from north1234. Show north1234's posts

yeah i love edwards..for us poor souls who have to endure bob cole...edwards is no more a homer than  what t.s.n. or c.b.c. feed us

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from nitemare-38. Show nitemare-38's posts

Jack's one of the best! Homer? Yep! And being on what is N= New E= England S= Sports N= Network! My geography isn't the best, but isn't Boston part of what is called the New England States? So when you have Boston playing against another team & you're an employer of a station that covers a regional area. Are you not supposed to show a little more for that particular team?
    And those of you that have said Jack is a terrible announcer? You haven't heard the announcer for the Predators & Terry Crisp!

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from 4everbruins. Show 4everbruins's posts

[QUOTE]Edwards should probably be more impartial but the 'Get Up!' comment was hilarious. No doubt about it.
    Posted by Hanrahan1[/QUOTE]

He's impartial alright...........just listen to him when the opposing team scores. Geez, you would think he was cheering for the other team sometimes!

Sections
Shortcuts