"Prospects" and FA status

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Re: "Prospects" and FA status

In Response to Re: "Prospects" and FA status:
    In Response to Re: "Prospects" and FA status : Are you trying to start and argument over something I already know but didn't add to my post ? The cutoff date is common knowledge. Like you told Fletch. This might not turn out so good for you and your comments are getting more stupid as you go on.  The draft is open to 18 year olds with the cutoff born that year . Is there anything else you'd like to knitpik about ?  
    Posted by Chowdahkid-

I'm not nitpicking anything, just clarifying.  Many people don't know about or understand the NHL's crazy 9/15 rule.

In Response to Re: "Prospects" and FA status : You don't have to be a university professor to know that the draft is ineligible to 17 year olds.
    Posted by Chowdahkid-

17 years old are eligible for the draft.

Don't get all bent.  We're still working together here.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

In Response to Re: "Prospects" and FA status : I'm not nitpicking anything, just clarifying.  Many people don't know about or understand the NHL's crazy 9/15 rule. 17 years old are eligible for the draft. Don't get all bent.  We're still working together here.
    Posted by Not-A-Shot

In some sort of strange way it didn't really feel like we were working together on that one.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

I like everyone here, but I have no idea what it means for someone to say the "it won't go well for you" on an internet message board populated by anonymous posters with a shared interest in a hockey team.  Guess maybe I'll find out.  Apparently I got "burned" recently too.

Anyhow, I appreciate the discussion above because I don't understand the draft ages very well (until now), even though I love the draft and it is always a day I look forward too in the boring sports doldrums of late-June.  Thanks for the info, seriously. 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

On the topic of the draft, Chowdah, who are the junior guys that you like in the Bruins draft range?  I don't have a very good grasp on who will be there when the Bruins pick, and I have an even worse grasp on the junior talent that is eligible this year.  Who is a realistic and appealing target?

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

I like everyone here, but I have no idea what it means for someone to say the "it won't go well for you" on an internet message board populated by anonymous posters with a shared interest in a hockey team.
    Posted by Fletcher1

It means you'll continue to make yourself look stupid.  I think my posts through before submitting them.  Trolling them and attempting to raise my ire will simply end with you looking like a dolt.

It's pretty simple.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

Say... how about that Lars Volden?

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from bogie6. Show bogie6's posts

BadHab, you're just starting more trouble.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

In Response to Re: "Prospects" and FA status : It means you'll continue to make yourself look stupid.  I think my posts through before submitting them.  Trolling them and attempting to raise my ire will simply end with you looking like a dolt. It's pretty simple.
    Posted by Not-A-Shot

As someone who has had this line thrown at me many times in the past I feel it has the opposite effect of what is intended. It encourages me to prove my point. It doesn't chase me away.

In my opinion it actually makes the writer of this line look ridiculous because it is made in a threatening gesture. " Don't get me mad or else". Oooooh scary !

For me when someone overuses a line ( and you do ) it goes in one ear and out another. It is a lot smarter approach if a person defends their opinion. Making idle threats and saying how tough you can get is ......... well to be honest with you, it's actually school yard stuff.

P.S. Don't get bent on my take of this. It's just how I feel about that overused line of yours that has been used on me more then everyone else combined.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

On the topic of the draft, Chowdah, who are the junior guys that you like in the Bruins draft range?  I don't have a very good grasp on who will be there when the Bruins pick, and I have an even worse grasp on the junior talent that is eligible this year.  Who is a realistic and appealing target?
    Posted by Fletcher1

No one does so it's too hard to come up with names when the Bruins pick. We'll all have to wait till draft day to see who's left on the board.

I would be "speculating" if I did give names and I don't need the aggravation so I'll keep my opinions to myself.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

Yeah, every threat on this board just makes it sound more and more like a bunch of kids playing Dungeons and Dragons, and nobody here pays attention or keeps score in these little dramas and tiffs anyhow.  The only thing I feel stupid about is continuing to respond to somebody anonymously threatening me on an internet message board.

I swear I'm not trying to tweak you, but your personal wars are silly.  Nobody is 'trolling' you.  I just disagreed with the 'speculation' thing because it seemed so obvious to me, and I didn't think you were above a little mocking for it.  You frequently mock others and it's okay, right?.  It's usually funny. 

Let's just both post what we want, and expect that sometimes people will find what we are saying to be dumb.  If you want to dish it out, you gotta be able to take it too.  You're a good honest poster and you don't need to all these threats and insults and drama.

Let's talk Bruins.  Keep up the good posting. Drop the threats.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

In Response to Re: "Prospects" and FA status : It means you'll continue to make yourself look stupid.  I think my posts through before submitting them.  Trolling them and attempting to raise my ire will simply end with you looking like a dolt. It's pretty simple.
    Posted by Not-A-Shot

Want to take a poll as too whom is more respected on here between you or Fletch ?

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

In Response to Re: "Prospects" and FA status : Want to take a poll as too whom is more respected on here between you or Fletch ?
    Posted by SanDogBrewin

There are parts of people I respect, and there are parts of people I don't respect and there are people who don't respect others.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Posted by Fletcher1

Go kiss Tim Brent.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

In Response to Re: "Prospects" and FA status : Go kiss Tim Brent.
    Posted by Not-A-Shot

I'm afraid he'd beat me up.  He's a beast.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

In Response to Re: "Prospects" and FA status :  Volden is an embarassment. Posted by BadHabitude

http://stats.iihf.com/Hydra/272/IHM272S14_74_3_0.pdf

Lars Volden stops 42 shots against a lineup that had Datsyuk and Malkin playing in the Worlds. Lars says "I stand up to Russian Bear and bus boy like man, BadHab!"

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In Response to Re: "Prospects" and FA status :         http://stats.iihf.com/Hydra/272/IHM272S14_74_3_0.pdf Lars Volden stops 42 shots against a lineup that had Datsyuk and Malkin playing in the Worlds. Lars says "I stand up to Russian Bear and bus boy like man, BadHab!"
    Posted by SanDogBrewin

Not too shabby for a big kid that was drafted #181 overall.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

Aw come on, the Ruskies were just havin fun drinking vodka on the bench and clowning around.

Seriously.  I mean...  how many times on an olympic sized rink have you seen a shot go wide, bounce off the boards, bounce off the goalie's ash can and in?

How bad is that?

Guess I'll be hearing the waiter thing for the rest of my life...

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

Aw come on, the Ruskies were just havin fun drinking vodka on the bench and clowning around. Seriously.  I mean...  how many times on an olympic sized rink have you seen a shot go wide, bounce off the boards, bounce off the goalie's ash can and in? How bad is that? Guess I'll be hearing the waiter thing for the rest of my life...
    Posted by BadHabitude

Frankly, I'm surprised you ever brought it up to begin with.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

In Response to Re: "Prospects" and FA status : Frankly, I'm surprised you ever brought it up to begin with.
    Posted by dezaruchi

Cause SanDog said the busboy thing.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In Response to Re: "Prospects" and FA status : Cause SanDog said the busboy thing.
    Posted by BadHabitude

No BH, I mean you were the one who shared your bus boy anecdote with us in the first place. That's what I'm surprised about. Of course you're going to get ribbed forever on that one. It's all in good fun (for us) though.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

In Response to Re: "Prospects" and FA status :         http://stats.iihf.com/Hydra/272/IHM272S14_74_3_0.pdf Lars Volden stops 42 shots against a lineup that had Datsyuk and Malkin playing in the Worlds. Lars says "I stand up to Russian Bear and bus boy like man, BadHab!"
    Posted by SanDogBrewin

Hmmmmmm, Volden looks impressive . Of course I've never seen him play and I'm just going by his stats. The tell tale moment on whether he's going to be any good or not will be in the skating drills in rookie camp.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

In Response to Re: "Prospects" and FA status : Hmmmmmm, Volden looks impressive . Of course I've never seen him play and I'm just going by his stats. The tell tale moment on whether he's going to be any good or not will be in the skating drills in rookie camp.
    Posted by Chowdahkid-

I can see you're a rookie at appreciating stats.  Can't just look at the stats of one game.  You have to evaluate him, compare with his team & league etc.

Or I suppose you could watch him play.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

Game highlights

Note the backup goalie for Norway, Lars Haugen.
    Looks like he played 1 game in the KHL in 2011 and 2 games in Sweden in 2004.  Played 3 professional games in his life.

And yes, there are some stars on that Russian team, but there is also the likes of Denis Denisov, Medvedev and Kuznetsov.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

In Response to Re: "Prospects" and FA status : I can see you're a rookie at appreciating stats.  Can't just look at the stats of one game.  You have to evaluate him, compare with his team & league etc. Or I suppose you could watch him play.
    Posted by BadHabitude

I need seasoning in the minors.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

Game highlights http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tcXVNb-JXf0 Note the backup goalie for Norway, Lars Haugen. Looks like he played 1 game in the KHL in 2011 and 2 games in Sweden in 2004.  Played 3 professional games in his life. And yes, there are some stars on that Russian team, but there is also the likes of Denis Denisov, Medvedev and Kuznetsov.
    Posted by BadHabitude

He has been referred by some as maybe the best player not playing in the NHL. What's wrong with .........the likes of him ?

You're reaching on this one.

Sections
Shortcuts