"The Biggest Game of the Brian Burke Era"

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from SoxFanInIL. Show SoxFanInIL's posts

"The Biggest Game of the Brian Burke Era"

Thats what they are saying on the Toronto station right now after beating Montreal.

Very happy with Habs losing in regulation, but TO is 4 points out of a playoff spot and that town is buzzing.  Thought this was so funny said some people?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

Re: "The Biggest Game of the Brian Burke Era"

Maple Leafs just won't die, and Phil is heating up..still a ways to go though hopefully they sell off some parts but I expect them to go after Richards real hard.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

They lost a top offensive player and their top defenesman.

A quick surge is possible, but by season's end, they'll sink like a stone.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from lucaooo. Show lucaooo's posts

They have close to 11 millions of cap space!!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Never seen a Red Sox fan who claims he's Bruins fan start a Toronto thread before sounds likes someone is happy. Getting tired of your "Tim Thomas sucks" threads ?

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from SoxFanInIL. Show SoxFanInIL's posts

They may have lost some players, but the players I saw tonight look like a bunch of kids with no fear and nothing to lose.  Sometimes thats all you need for 20 games.

PS... and whats with New Jersey? 16-1-3  ??????

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

In Response to Re: "The Biggest Game of the Brian Burke Era":
    [QUOTE]They have close to 11 millions of cap space!!
    Posted by lucaooo[/QUOTE]

And they could get...  who?

Look at the rest of the Leafs schedule. 

After you do that, tell me how well you think they'll come out by season's end.

Look at the other cellar dwellers, a lot of games playing each other for the rest of the season.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

They did this last year and faded.  Tonight, they beat Alex Auld.  It's not inconceivable that they catch lightning in a bottle, but hey, pigs might fly under the right evolutionary forces.

I'm concerned about that guy Cap Space.  I mean, an $11M dollar guy?  I bet he scores a goal a game the rest of the way.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from huscroft28. Show huscroft28's posts

[QUOTE]They have close to 11 millions of cap space!!
    Posted by lucaooo[/QUOTE]

To use how?  We'll get at least a top 7 pick.  Seguin, Knight and at least the 7th for Kessel (out of the locker room) - make the trade a thousand times over.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

In Response to "The Biggest Game of the Brian Burke Era":
    [QUOTE]Thats what they are saying on the Toronto station right now after beating Montreal. Very happy with Habs losing in regulation, but TO is 4 points out of a playoff spot and that town is buzzing.  Thought this was so funny said some people?
    Posted by SoxFanInIL[/QUOTE]

TO is always buzzing when the leafs win a couple in a row and then furious when they lose a couple in a row after that. Fairweather fans. Its the way it is there. I know I used to live in the GTA.....

Those planning the parade now will be demanding BB's head in a week...

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

[QUOTE]They did this last year and faded.  Tonight, they beat Alex Auld.  It's not inconceivable that they catch lightning in a bottle, but hey, pigs might fly under the right evolutionary forces. I'm concerned about that guy Cap Space.  I mean, an $11M dollar guy?  I bet he scores a goal a game the rest of the way.
    Posted by Bookboy007[/QUOTE]

They'll cool off. The pressure will get to them also and they'll start holding their sticks a little tighter when the games really mean something.
    I still say Bruins will get about a 7th pick, that is of they don't trade it. Although another roster player must be put aside for that pick to be traded and getting in return another impact player.
    I could see the Leafs finishing in front of Panthers (with their wholesales) and the Thrashers .
    Devils might surpass the Leafs.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

[QUOTE]They may have lost some players, but the players I saw tonight look like a bunch of kids with no fear and nothing to lose.  Sometimes thats all you need for 20 games. PS... and whats with New Jersey? 16-1-3  ??????

Ron Wilson was on AM 640 today and said the key to their recent play are those same young players ( i. e. Aulie and especially Reimer) who know they'll be sent back down to the AHL if they don't display maximum effort. 

He said they're hungry to make a solid impression on Leaf brass, they've gotten a taste of big-league life, they like it and want to stay.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from SoxFanInIL. Show SoxFanInIL's posts

[QUOTE]Never seen a Red Sox fan who claims he's Bruins fan start a Toronto thread before sounds likes someone is happy. Getting tired of your "Tim Thomas sucks" threads ?
    Posted by SanDogBrewin[/QUOTE]

So many questions in one paragraph.  Ill begin:

-Twice tonight I read about people laughing at the idea of the leafs making the playoffs.  I sat here and watched them handle the team the B's worry about the most, after a supposed fire sale.  4 points out and their station was going wild.  Happy? Uh, not really.  Interesting? Yeah.
    -Red Sox fan?  Yup
    -Bruins fan?  Since 1968. Probably longer than you, so i'm guessing i don't have to "claim" anything.  Thanks for asking.
    -If you have been paying attention, I don't start "Tim Thomas sucks" threads, so again, weird question.  I do of course continue to think Tim Thomas is sickeningly overrated and will continue to point that out to the goofy fanboys who think he's better than Ken Dryden.  (although the talk of him being a "money goalie" was quite amusing today).  All clear now?

PS... I never mentioned TT, but someone like you always has to start.  Then I get blamed for picking on him all the time.  Why not just disagree with the Toronto thread?

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from SoxFanInIL. Show SoxFanInIL's posts

[QUOTE]They did this last year and faded.  Tonight, they beat Alex Auld.  It's not inconceivable that they catch lightning in a bottle, but hey, pigs might fly under the right evolutionary forces. I'm concerned about that guy Cap Space.  I mean, an $11M dollar guy?  I bet he scores a goal a game the rest of the way.
    Posted by Bookboy007[/QUOTE]

Actually, they beat Carey Price, although Auld allowed the first 3.

Steve Weeks predicts the Devils make the playoffs.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from puckhog9966. Show puckhog9966's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: "The Biggest Game of the Brian Burke Era" : So many questions in one paragraph.  Ill begin: -Twice tonight I read about people laughing at the idea of the leafs making the playoffs.  I sat here and watched them handle the team the B's worry about the most, after a supposed fire sale.  4 points out and their station was going wild.  Happy? Uh, not really.  Interesting? Yeah. -Red Sox fan?  Yup -Bruins fan?  Since 1968. Probably longer than you, so i'm guessing i don't have to "claim" anything.  Thanks for asking. -If you have been paying attention, I don't start "Tim Thomas sucks" threads, so again, weird question.  I do of course continue to think Tim Thomas is sickeningly overrated and will continue to point that out to the goofy fanboys who think he's better than Ken Dryden.  (although the talk of him being a "money goalie" was quite amusing today).  All clear now? PS... I never mentioned TT, but someone like you always has to start.  Then I get blamed for picking on him all the time.  Why not just disagree with the Toronto thread?

The bruins worry most about montreal? I doubt that very much. When push comes to shove in a playoff series montreal doesnt have the weight to push back and that'll be the end of that. Infact ide be very suprised if the bruins didnt sweep a playoff series against the current canadiens team.

The refs may help montreal squeek one out at home ... but short of that, its not even a fair match up for them.

i see a few teams that have skill and better sand paper then montreal that should be feared, thank god they are in the west though and i'll gladly take our chances if we face one of them teams in the finals.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from FinnsWake. Show FinnsWake's posts

The Laffs have every right to be excited, they are creeping up while teams in the 6,7, and 8th spots have crappy records in their last 10 games.

They haven't been to the post season for awhile so euphoria is kicking in.

We're 2-2 vs them so far this season.

Never take any opponent lightly.