"u.s. a"

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from puckstopa. Show puckstopa's posts

Re: "u.s. a"

In Response to Re: "u.s. a":
    [QUOTE]USA okay fine.....but why ole ole ole?!?!?!? even if it was mocking them. I was soooooo waiting for a na na na na....hey hey hey!!!! At about the 10 min mark of the SECOND!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Posted by HABH8R[/QUOTE]

It was never ole ole ole, the chant was you're gay you're gay you're gay which is very common anytime the Habs come to town because it completely mocking there ole chant.  It probably doesnt sound it on TV but being to a lot of Canadiens Bruins games its is definitely : YOU'RE GAY YOU'RE GAY YOU'RE GAY

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Shadowcpt. Show Shadowcpt's posts

It's stupid in the context of chanting it at a Bruins game; they're not playing the old Red Army team. Most of the Bruins are Canadian. If you want to iritate the Habs fans, chant Bruins or BOSTON, or Beat Montreal. If I were a Candians' fan, my hate for the Bruins would not be affected or raised by a  U.S.A, U.S.A. chant from Bruins fans. 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Tbops. Show Tbops's posts

na na na na....hey hey hey!!!! I think this would had been better. USA thing is a bit old. Need to do something new in the play off assuming we get them again.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from gapc. Show gapc's posts

[QUOTE]The USA chant is stupid. Why do we not hear it when the B's are playing any of the other 5 Canadian teams at home? Posted by misterpaulo[/QUOTE]

How many of the other 5 Canadian teams fans  boo the American National Anthem?

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from misterpaulo. Show misterpaulo's posts

Good question?  But is it relevant?  All that tells me is they are ignorant aholes who also boo the Canadian anthem if it is not sung in french.  Montreal fans....not Canadian fans boo anthem's.  Trust me....if you really want to stick it to these clowns target Quebec not Canada.   

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from bgrif008. Show bgrif008's posts

I like the Canadian national anthem and it was irritating hearing them boo our national anthem. Just wrong. Not to get into politics, but this country is and has been moving to become the politically correct country, due to all the nationalities of people. Everything this country was built around and stood for, just ends up stepping on everyone elsed toes because they are offended by it. We use to sing the pledge of allegiance in school. Now schools cant, because of the under God statement, because some people dont pray to God. I mean its really getting out of hand, what this country is putting an end to. One more thing, Muslims will not have to participate (pay into) our so called nationwide health insurance, Obama passed.....WHY you ask, because it goes against their religion. Oh wait, but they will take advantage of it, when they get sick or have to go the clinic/hospital. How is that fair? You either participate like everyone else or you dont get help. I know I went off on a rant.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from HABH8R. Show HABH8R's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: "u.s. a" : It was never ole ole ole, the chant was you're gay you're gay you're gay which is very common anytime the Habs come to town because it completely mocking there ole chant.  It probably doesnt sound it on TV but being to a lot of Canadiens Bruins games its is definitely : YOU'RE GAY YOU'RE GAY YOU'RE GAY
    Posted by puckstopa[/QUOTE]

ahhhhh.....that would make more sence, cause that ole chant is GAY.

Keep it on the soccer pitch Habs scabs, where diving is apparently accepted.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Swerengen. Show Swerengen's posts

I don't like it

Not because of the nationality of the players, or who has how many Americans, non-americans etc.  It's just obnoxious

The Ole, Ole thing was fine.  "Montreal Sucks" would have been fine....hell I wouldn't even be against "French Canadiens Are The Most Delusional, Annoying, Melodramatic, Pieces Of Crap On The Face Of Earth And They Should All Have Their Bollocks Torn Off By Honey Badgers"  But that would have been a mouthfull

But we don't need to chant "USA, USA" as a taunt.  It's low class

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from bruinsdiehard. Show bruinsdiehard's posts

I'm sorry, but I have to comment on the suggestion that "USA" chants are considered low class?? Was it low class when Chicago gives the Anthem a standing ovation? Or Philadelphia singing God Bless America? I don't know how many of you who commented on this thread are actually from Canada, as I can certainly appreciate the Bruins fanbase stretches far into that country, but as an American who lives in Boston I don't think I should in anyway be discouraged for chanting "USA".

I will gladly concede that a hockey game is not the most ideal place to voice political messages, but lets be honest here...people for some reason need to take the "USA" chant as a slap in the face to other countries which I just don't get. It's not like people are chanting "USA, and f*** off Canada while we're at it." As some other people posted on this board, the "USA" chant is primarily directed at obnoxious Habs fans, the same fans who feel the need to boo the American Anthem and THAT is low class. I wouldn't care if Habs fans refused to cheer at the end of the Anthem, but for God's sake to boo it is 10x more embarassing than the most lustful "USA" chant. Obviously there are a ton of CanadiAn players on the Bruins, but I honestly think people forget that sometimes because of the strong similarities between American and English-Canadian cultures. For players like Lucic, Thornton, and Ference who have been living here for so long, I don't have any problems with considering them Americans culturally (legally obviously is a different story).

P.S. To whoever it was that said TT was the only American on the team, they forgot Steve Kampfer.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from islamorada. Show islamorada's posts

I am a huge Bs fan, I taught U.S. History for thirty some years, but the chant USA is plain functional and limited.  Now I think the chants by the UNH fans at Snively are a bit more creative and better suited to the opposition.  I would take the Dropkick Murphy's (Pogue wanna Bs) for inspiration.  Cheers.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Snowdog+16. Show Snowdog+16's posts

I don't get the U.S.A. vs Canada thing for a NHL game, that should be for Team Canada vs Team U.S.A, not for a NHL game!! I'm a HUGE Bruin fan from Canada and I don't get it, think Orr, Neely, etc. all the Bruin great's, what country are they from?

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from blueoxen. Show blueoxen's posts

USA chant has to go! Its absurd.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from TryToBearIt. Show TryToBearIt's posts

It's an idiotic chant--period.

The Bruins are loaded with Canadian players--as is every NHL team (duh.)

You think Johnny BOYCHUK enjoyed the "USA" chant?

Low class hooliganism. That's all that is. Chant "Carey", Chant "Ole" mockingly (I liked that one)....the "somebody Call 9-1-1" signs were very clever, but the "USA" nonsense is lowlife crud.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

[QUOTE]It's an idiotic chant--period. The Bruins are loaded with Canadian players--as is every NHL team (duh.) You think Johnny BOYCHUK enjoyed the "USA" chant? Low class hooliganism. That's all that is. Chant "Carey", Chant "Ole" mockingly (I liked that one)....the "somebody Call 9-1-1" signs were very clever, but the "USA" nonsense is lowlife crud.
    Posted by TryToBearIt[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I think Boychuk and the rest of the B's were thrilled.  His employer is based in the United States of America.  His rivals are based in Canada.  His team has done such a good job that the people who pay to see him have banded together to cheer.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from jerrynewyork. Show jerrynewyork's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: "u.s. a" : It was never ole ole ole, the chant was you're gay you're gay you're gay which is very common anytime the Habs come to town because it completely mocking there ole chant.  It probably doesnt sound it on TV but being to a lot of Canadiens Bruins games its is definitely : YOU'RE GAY YOU'RE GAY YOU'RE GAY
    Posted by puckstopa[/QUOTE]
    well then,the joke is on the B's fans.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from bigbadbruinsfan. Show bigbadbruinsfan's posts

How is this chant bad like many have said here? 

This comes out because Montreal fans boo, sit, wear their hats, etc during our, the national anthem.  If they want to disrespect our country, they should hear it, in our own, non disrespectful, chant back to these ungrateful haters.

The chant isn't Quebec sucks or the like, it's a positive chant showing support of our own country, not disrespecting Montreals province or country. 

Maybe those pukes from Montreal should learn how to be respectful to the US, and to the rest of their own country and other Provinces in Canada.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Wedgy-Dunlop. Show Wedgy-Dunlop's posts

Dumbest chant in the NHL.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from bigvig. Show bigvig's posts

bigbad, not all of them.  You cant lump any-one bunch of people together.  All Habs fans arent ignorant, arrogant jackassses.  I neighbor of mine (the local chief of polic, hell of a nice guy) took his kid to last nights game (wife has the kid in school, REAL good kid, always talk hockey) and neither of them are the stereotypical Habs fans like so many here would make them out to be.

I take issue because its not USA vs. Canada.  I have the utmost respect for Canada, but there are jackoffs everywhere, not just in Canada, not just in Habs jerseys. 

Our team has a lot of Canadians on it:  Bergy, Horton, Savy, Lucic, Rex, Ryder, Seguin, Thornton, Ference, Hnidy, McQuaid, Campbell, etc.  Im sure there are a few more too.  I think Peverly and Kelly maybe, and Im probably flat out forgetting some.  Only Thomas and Kampfer are Americans.  Its totally ignorant to chant USA in my opinion, against the guys who make up the majority of our team.  REALLY, there isnt a BETTER chant?  CAR-RIE, HABS STINK, etc.  Seriously, its pretty petty and childish in this Americans opinion.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Yeah, Habs stink.  That's better.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from LUCICmilan17. Show LUCICmilan17's posts

911 should have been the chant the fans missed the boat on that one

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from stingerjp. Show stingerjp's posts

What this comes down to is the blatant lack of respect shown by a multitude of Habs fans who are trying to disrespect a fan base by booing their anthem and therefore insulting our homeland.  Some of these classless fans are bold enough to do this in our own home arena in Boston.  I have seen it first hand at the Garden.  I have also heard it on telecasts up in Montreal.

When Boston fans gave that chant, i believe it was a reaction to those insults and a show of pride in who we are. Some people may not like it, some claim to be embarrassed.  Some also claim their experience that their experience as a history teacher gives them an apparent authority on the use of the chant.

My 2 decades of teaching U.S. History says that if people are chanting USA because they are proud of who they are and their homeland, it is indeed appropriate. 

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Crowls2424. Show Crowls2424's posts

As mentioned by others in this thread, chanting "USA" in international competition is totally appropriate, and should be encouraged.

When the composition of your NHL team is:
    17 Canadians
    2 Czechs
    2 Americans
    1 Slovak
    1 German
    1 Finn

and you still chant "USA"...you lack both common sense and simple math skills.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from jerrynewyork. Show jerrynewyork's posts

[QUOTE]Dumbest chant in the NHL.
    Posted by Wedgy-Dunlop[/QUOTE]
    who's Justin Bieber ?

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

[QUOTE]As mentioned by others in this thread, chanting "USA" in international competition is totally appropriate, and should be encouraged. When the composition of your NHL team is: 17 Canadians 2 Czechs 2 Americans 1 Slovak 1 German 1 Finn and you still chant "USA"...you lack both common sense and simple math skills.
    Posted by Crowls2424[/QUOTE]

And if you can't understand that the people in Boston (USA) were proud of the team that is based in Boston (USA) as it spanked the Montreal team (Canada), you suffer from tunnel vision.