"u.s. a"

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Crowls2424. Show Crowls2424's posts

Re: "u.s. a"

In Response to Re: "u.s. a":
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: "u.s. a" : And if you can't understand that the people in Boston (USA) were proud of the team that is based in Boston (USA) as it spanked the Montreal team (Canada), you suffer from tunnel vision.
    Posted by Not-A-Shot[/QUOTE]

So, I should chalk you up for lacking common sense or poor math skills?  Or both? 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

I think quite a few people here have gotten the "usa" chant taken way out of proportion.

It's NOT dumb.  It's not political.  It's not any of the stuff you guys are talking about.

What it is:  just plain lame.  and obviously lame because it dies just about as soon as it starts.

Remember when people started chanting "yankees suck" at any given provocation at any time??  I think people in Chelsea were chanting "yankees suck" in church.

"USA" is not original, it is not particular to NHL hockey.

There was and is so much better.  "Thank you Kessel" was priceless.  Players on the bench laughed.

911  would have been beautiful.  "Thank you Carey" would have been good.

Anybody remember the old garden?  Remember the gallery gods?  Some priceless stuff came out of the drunks hanging off that balconey.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from pauly1. Show pauly1's posts

There's allot of Canadian hockey fans that are also proud of the bruins (based in the USA) but chanting USA when were talking NHL is a joke. Canadian players dominate the league (and the bruins).
    Don't kid yourself, Canada runs the hockey world. Always have and always will.

Go bruins!!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

[QUOTE]There's allot of Canadian hockey fans that are also proud of the bruins (based in the USA) but chanting USA when were talking NHL is a joke. Canadian players dominate the league (and the bruins). Don't kid yourself, Canada runs the hockey world. Always have and always will. Go bruins!! .
    Posted by pauly1[/QUOTE]

I guess the Canadians wouldn't have been chanting, then, huh? 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from pauly1. Show pauly1's posts

I for one would NEVER chant Canada when talking NHL, this is a world wide contribution.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

How many times have you heard in a Canadian rink the fans chanting CANADA when they are beating an American based squad ? And if they did it would be lame like Badhab says.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from pauly1. Show pauly1's posts

[QUOTE]How many times have you heard in a Canadian rink the fans chanting CANADA when they are beating an American based squad ? And if they did it would be lame like Badhab says.
    Posted by Chowdahkid-[/QUOTE] I turned 50 yrs. old last week, and I can say that I have NEVER in my life heard Canadian fans chant (Canada) in an NHL game.
    We know better.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: "u.s. a" : I turned 50 yrs. old last week, and I can say that I have NEVER in my life heard Canadian fans chant (Canada) in an NHL game.
    Posted by pauly1[/QUOTE]

Pauly, I am in your age bracket , live in Canada and echo your comments.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from pauly1. Show pauly1's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: "u.s. a" : Pauly, I am in your age bracket , live in Canada and echo your comments.
    Posted by Chowdahkid-[/QUOTE] Holy fcuk your getting old. LOL

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

[QUOTE]How many times have you heard in a Canadian rink the fans chanting CANADA when they are beating an American based squad ? And if they did it would be lame like Badhab says.
    Posted by Chowdahkid-[/QUOTE]

How many times have you seen someone try to be slick, twist facts, misrepresent stats and get called out on it?

Need an example?  Check my sig.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

[QUOTE]I for one would NEVER chant Canada when talking NHL, this is a world wide contribution.
    Posted by pauly1[/QUOTE]

Not being an American, you might not understand.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from lucaooo. Show lucaooo's posts

What happend to the 9-1-1 chant?

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: "u.s. a" : Not being an American, you might not understand.

Do they always chant this in other American arenas when they are beating a Canadian based team ? You not being Canadian wouldn't notice this and understand.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from pauly1. Show pauly1's posts

Sorry chawda, I will not put him on ignore, his stupidity is quite entertaining to me.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from pauly1. Show pauly1's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: "u.s. a" : Not being an American, you might not understand.
    Posted by Not-A-Shot[/QUOTE] So your better than us?

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

[QUOTE]Sorry chawda, I will not put him on ignore, his stupidity is quite entertaining to me.
    Posted by pauly1[/QUOTE]

Same reason for me pauly. Would get a lottery pick if it was based on life skills.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from scooter244. Show scooter244's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: "u.s. a" : I think you, and most people and probably 100% of Montreal fans, look at this totally wrong. I look at it as a fan to fan chant. There's a little humour built in there, you see. Boston fans are quite capable of being clever.  Bruins fans are from the USA (mostly) and Canadiens fans are from Canada (mostly), which is now a subsidiary of the US but that's neither here nor there :)
    Posted by WalkTheLine[/QUOTE]

I'm going to have to sort of go ahead and disagree with this (name the movie reference).  I know there is now way to prove it, but I'd wager there are more Bruin fans in Canada than in the USA.  B's fans are everywhere up here. 

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from scooter244. Show scooter244's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: "u.s. a" : How many times have you seen someone try to be slick, twist facts, misrepresent stats and get called out on it? Need an example?  Check my sig.

And what is a sure sign you have run out of intelligent comments?  Read above...You just forefitted the argument.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: "u.s. a" : So your better than us?
    Posted by pauly1[/QUOTE]

My post says nothing of that.  It says that the reason you don't understand might be because we are from different countries.

I love when people paint themselves in a corner and blatently make things up in order to get out.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Davinator. Show Davinator's posts

NAS said:

"How many times have you seen someone try to be slick, twist facts, misrepresent stats and get called out on it?

Need an example?  Check my sig."

How many times do we need to dredge up this old, tired thread?
    The only person that cares about this one is N-A-S.

Like others have indicated, I will not ignore N-A-S either - even though I don't always agree with his comments they are (usually) are intelligent, relevant and yes, provocative.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: "u.s. a" : Do they always chant this in other American arenas when they are beating a Canadian based team ? You not being Canadian wouldn't notice this and understand.
    Posted by Chowdahkid-[/QUOTE]

I can't think of another rivalry that is remotely close to the level of Boston/Montreal.  No one in the US cares too much about the other hockey teams, the Raptors or the Blue Jays.

This is unique.

Like my sig line, which exposes you to be a complete and total fraud.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from goodnewsbears. Show goodnewsbears's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: "u.s. a" : I'm going to have to sort of go ahead and disagree with this (name the movie reference).  I know there is now way to prove it, but I'd wager there are more Bruin fans in Canada than in the USA.  B's fans are everywhere up here. 
    Posted by scooter244[/QUOTE]

i agree.  there's no way to prove it, but i'm pretty sure there are more b's fans in canada.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from callodthedom19. Show callodthedom19's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: "u.s. a" : I can't think of another rivalry that is remotely close to the level of Boston/Montreal.  No one in the US cares too much about the other hockey teams, the Raptors or the Blue Jays. This is unique. Like my sig line, which exposes you to be a complete and total fraud.
    Are you talking just hockey or all sports? Rangers vs. Flyers, Devils vs. Rangers, Rangers vs. Islanders, Oilers vs Kings, Blackhawks vs. Red Wings, Flames vs. Oilers. There are some huge rivalries that rank among or are greater than the Montreal vs. Boston. Don't get me started on the other sports since the city of Boston alone has two teams involved in bigger rivalries.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from pauly1. Show pauly1's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: "u.s. a" : I can't think of another rivalry that is remotely close to the level of Boston/Montreal.  No one in the US cares too much about the other hockey teams, the Raptors or the Blue Jays. This is unique. Like my sig line, which exposes you to be a complete and total fraud.
    Posted by Not-A-Shot[/QUOTE] I hate to agree with you.... I read an article the other day that stated out of all proffessional sports allot of rivalrys have had their ups and downs, but the bruin hab thing has never had a let down. These are 2 teams that truly hate each other.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: "u.s. a" : i agree.  there's no way to prove it, but i'm pretty sure there are more b's fans in canada.
    Posted by goodnewsbears[/QUOTE]

According to recent stats, there are about 33M people in Canada.

http://www.google.com/publicdata?ds=wb-wdi&met=sp_pop_totl&idim=country:CAN&dl=en&hl=en&q=population+of+canada

If one out of every hundred people in Canada is a Bruins fan, that would place 330,000 Bruins fans in Canada.

Massachusetts has 6.5M residents.

http://www.google.com/publicdata?ds=uspopulation&met=population&idim=state:25000&dl=en&hl=en&q=population+of+massachusetts

It being local, let's say that one out of 20 people in Massachusetts is a Bruins fan.  That would put 325,000 fans in Massachusetts alone. 

Remember that there are over 300M people in the USA.

http://www.google.com/publicdata?ds=uspopulation&met=population&tdim=true&dl=en&hl=en&q=population+of+united+states

There are plenty of people across the country that are also Bruins fans.

My guess would be that there are not more Bruins fans in Canada.

Sections
Shortcuts