"We Want Luongo" Chant sparks 'Nucks

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Wheatskins. Show Wheatskins's posts

"We Want Luongo" Chant sparks 'Nucks

Classlessness at its worst. Shame on you Garden crowd!

Sorry, Boston fans, but that was uncalled for. It even sparked the Canucks.

The crowd didn't do that during the final. Why do it now? Why do it ever? Are you becoming too smug?

I don't mind a lose after this. I hope it teaches the Garden crowd a lesson!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Re: "We Want Luongo" Chant sparks 'Nucks

What makes you think it helped the Canucks win?

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Wheatskins. Show Wheatskins's posts

We were leading 2-1 to that point. I'm sure it helped fuel the 'Nucks.

We didn't have to add to what the referees were already doing against us.

Lack of class, nonetheless.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In Response to Re: "We Want Luongo" Chant sparks 'Nucks:
    [QUOTE]We were leading 2-1 to that point. I'm sure it helped fuel the 'Nucks. We didn't have to add to what the referees were already doing against us. Lack of class, nonetheless.
    Posted by Wheatskins[/QUOTE]

I believe when the B's were up 2-1, I changed the channel for a second to check the weather.

Dang!  That must have helped the Canucks also!  I can't believe I was so classless.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from ROWDYRODRUST. Show ROWDYRODRUST's posts

Milan hitting the showers early and Marchant's major penalty had nothing to do with losing" It was the chant?

I normally enjoy reading the opinions of certain posters here but you lost me on this thread.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from shaunk. Show shaunk's posts

0 for touchdown didn't help the B's either.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Wheatskins. Show Wheatskins's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: "We Want Luongo" Chant sparks 'Nucks : I believe when the B's were up 2-1, I changed the channel for a second to check the weather. Dang!  That must have helped the Canucks also!  I can't believe I was so classless.
    Posted by Not-A-Shot[/QUOTE]

I usually have a tea in the second period. Yesterday, I had an orange juice instead.

Do you think that had anything to do with it, too, NAS?

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from LB34. Show LB34's posts

Hard fought game, two evenly matched teams, emotions at a high, neither team needs motivation, don't think the chant had anything to do with the outcome. Classless? You may have an argument there if you are concerned about the Canucks feelings. Not anything different than we have all heard since the dawn of time from blue collar B's fans. In past years the insults were directed primarily toward the home town team, mgt, and owner. So I guess we should be happy now it's the opponent in the cross hairs lol. But don't think anyone should feel bad about it. F the Nucks

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from riptide757. Show riptide757's posts

From what i see the Bruins would beat the Nucks again in a seven game series in probably in 5 or 6 games. the game yesterday was a circus and not a gage of what would happen if the two teams meet in a rematch. Bruins are actually better than they were last year.......

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from riptide757. Show riptide757's posts

In Response to "We Want Luongo" Chant sparks 'Nucks:
    [QUOTE]Classlessness at its worst. Shame on you Garden crowd! Sorry, Boston fans, but that was uncalled for. It even sparked the Canucks. The crowd didn't do that during the final. Why do it now? Why do it ever? Are you becoming too smug? I don't mind a lose after this. I hope it teaches the Garden crowd a lesson!

Get the freak out here. you are beyond ridiculous!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from SoxFanInIL. Show SoxFanInIL's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: "We Want Luongo" Chant sparks 'Nucks : I usually have a tea in the second period. Yesterday, I had an orange juice instead. Do you think that had anything to do with it, too, NAS?

That would make as much sense as your original thread post.

What on Earth does that chant have to do with anything?

The B's lost because they gave up 4 PPGs, they were 0 for 7 on their PP chances and Schneider played well. End of story.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Wheatskins. Show Wheatskins's posts

I don't know about any of you, but the last thing I want to give an opponent is  any straw to grasp, no matter how small. I.E. Luongo's pumping tires.

The chant, particularly at the point in the game, early second period, and we had the momentum, and were peppering Schneider, was uncalled for and lacked class.

Could we not have saved it for the final minute with a Bruins in a comfortable lead?

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Crowls2424. Show Crowls2424's posts

Wheat- time to walk away from this one.  Stupid chant... maybe, but calling it classless goes way too far for me. 

Reserve the classless descriptor for booing anthems, injured players or Stanley Cup presentations.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from zamboni24. Show zamboni24's posts

Let's not over analyze a "chant". Bottom line -- four refs on the ice and not one could capture Lucic NOT actually leaving the bench or a throat spearing or a stick throwing after a "clip". Misconduct recinded this morning -- too flippin late. On the other hand -- good teams find ways to win against all odds. B's needed to convert some PP's or kill off a couple more.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

[QUOTE]I don't know about any of you, but the last thing I want to give an opponent is  any straw to grasp, no matter how small. I.E. Luongo's pumping tires. The chant, particularly at the point in the game, early second period, and we had the momentum, and were peppering Schneider, was uncalled for and lacked class. Could we not have saved it for the final minute with a Bruins in a comfortable lead?

I think you overestimate the impact fans' chants have on the outcome of a game, if they have any at all.

I tend to think the amount of time vancouver had on the power play and the Bruins lack of power play execution had more to do with the outcome of this game. Also, losing Lucic 4 minutes in, Marchand later in the game and the fact the Nuks are a pretty good team played more of a hand than what was being said from the masses.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

[QUOTE]Let's not over analyze a "chant". Bottom line -- four refs on the ice and not one could capture Lucic NOT actually leaving the bench or a throat spearing or a stick throwing after a "clip". Misconduct recinded this morning -- too flippin late. On the other hand -- good teams find ways to win against all odds. B's needed to convert some PP's or kill off a couple more.
    Posted by zamboni24[/QUOTE]

During a stoppage in play, a player threw his stick into the corner.  I don't think the refs missed that as much as it's not a big deal.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

I thought the chant was funny.  Sorry Wheats, maybe I'm low class, but I liked reminding Luongo that the Boston crowd was still all over his fragile ego.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from scooter244. Show scooter244's posts

Thank you Kessel, was that fueling the Leaf's to victory?  I found that funny.  First I thought the chant was much earlier than when the B's were up 2-1, and second, even Luongo was laughing.  It's a non issue.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49-North. Show 49-North's posts

[QUOTE]I thought the chant was funny.  Sorry Wheats, maybe I'm low class, but I liked reminding Luongo that the Boston crowd was still all over his fragile ego.
    Posted by Fletcher1[/QUOTE]

They showed Luongo on the bench during the chant, and he was smiling/chuckling, and talking to others on the bench.  Probably something like "do they not even realize that Cory's playing?"

Later, when the crowd changed to the "we want Luongo" chant, it almost seemed like it.

In actuality, not even I believe that fans in the Garden could be that stupid, but they didn't really suggest to the TV audience that they're Mensa members, either.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from DrCC. Show DrCC's posts

I think they were chanting that with the idea that the Bruins should score a few more goals and force a goalie change.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Olsonic. Show Olsonic's posts

pretty weak argument wheatskins, at maximum, the chant was in "poor taste" but this isn't a Tennis match or golf; its a contact sport and the fans are perfectly entitled to some ribbing of an opponent that isn't below the belt.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from zamboni24. Show zamboni24's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: "We Want Luongo" Chant sparks 'Nucks : During a stoppage in play, a player threw his stick into the corner.  I don't think the refs missed that as much as it's not a big deal.
    Posted by Not-A-Shot[/QUOTE]

Agreed -- until the stick perhaps travels a little higher and more towards the blue line and catches a fan in the head. In the replay the stick was thrown high enough to get caught in the netting for a second.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from stan17. Show stan17's posts

Of course it's funny, but thats not what helped Van win. The Bruins being undisciplined was it in a nut shell.