"World Class" Goal by Seguin: Dave Maloney MSG

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Wheatskins. Show Wheatskins's posts

"World Class" Goal by Seguin: Dave Maloney MSG

When asked to describe the Seguin goal in the 2nd intermission, MSG's Dave Maloney said simply, "This is a World Class goal".

The kid keeps showing us the signs.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from JWensink. Show JWensink's posts

Re: "World Class" Goal by Seguin: Dave Maloney MSG

Kluzak said that Seguin is the only Bruin on the roster who has that kind of skill and ability...he's right !  Get this kid on the ice as much as possible - and not on the 4th line -

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

http://www.versus.com/nhl/videos/boston-bruins-goal-tyler-seguin-4/in-stream/sport/nhl/sort/most-recent/i/3/

Seguin will be doing allot mor of this when wheatskins favorite Savard comes back to feed him that is for sure. Me thinks Julien will give more ice time to when he plays like tonight. Tyler had 11:15 TOI so i think CJ will move it up to 14Mins tomorrow against the Panthers. If Seguin plays again like tonight then it goes to 16Mins and so on.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from jwb413. Show jwb413's posts

Seguin on the fourth line is just how CJ likes it. Why would he want to put him out with good wingers? What a waste of talent. The kid is awesome!!!!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from cowboys9. Show cowboys9's posts

In Response to "World Class" Goal by Seguin: Dave Maloney MSG:
    [QUOTE]When asked to describe the Seguin goal in the 2nd intermission, MSG's Dave Maloney said simply, "This is a World Class goal". The kid keeps showing us the signs.
    Posted by Wheatskins[/QUOTE]

Maloney should trademark that saying..If you watch a lot of MSG Ranger games that is his favourite saying it seems .. He says it a lot..Watched Toronto come into the Garden and beat the Rangers earlier this season  and he called Kessel " World Class Player " LOL!! 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Beezfan4life. Show Beezfan4life's posts

In Response to "World Class" Goal by Seguin: Dave Maloney MSG:
    [QUOTE]When asked to describe the Seguin goal in the 2nd intermission, MSG's Dave Maloney said simply, "This is a World Class goal". The kid keeps showing us the signs.
    Posted by Wheatskins[/QUOTE]
    I thought tonite was his best overall game he's played so far as a Bruin, considering the Rangers play very sound defensively. The skill this kid has is amazing! The potential in him could be limitless!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mutant211. Show Mutant211's posts

Yup, Seguin is a very gifted offensive player.  However, like many gifted offensive players, he needs to learn to be more responsible defensively.  Turnovers became an issue with him, and he got put on the fourth line as a result.  If he doesn't like it, he knows what he has to do to earn more ice time.

This is not "ruining" him.  It is teaching him to be a complete player.  Calm down people.  Tonight was only his sixteenth game as a pro.  He still has plenty to learn, and his offensive talents are not going to wither away while he learns that there is more to the game than scoring goals.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from I-Like-Hockey. Show I-Like-Hockey's posts

You know whats impressive?

His skating.

He was just like "See you later" to the defenseman his acceleration is crazy.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In Response to Re: "World Class" Goal by Seguin: Dave Maloney MSG:
    [QUOTE]Yup, Seguin is a very gifted offensive player.  However, like many gifted offensive players, he needs to learn to be more responsible defensively.  Turnovers became an issue with him, and he got put on the fourth line as a result.  If he doesn't like it, he knows what he has to do to earn more ice time. This is not "ruining" him.  It is teaching him to be a complete player.  Calm down people.  Tonight was only his sixteenth game as a pro.  He still has plenty to learn, and his offensive talents are not going to wither away while he learns that there is more to the game than scoring goals.
    Posted by Mutant211[/QUOTE]
    All good points but I can understand why everyone gets excited when they see him make plays like that.I'm with you though.I have no issue with the way CJ is bringing him along.He's an 18 year old that's being eased into being a superstar.It usually doesn't happen overnight as we saw with Stamkos.some people have trashed the way Tochett brought him along but I'm sure Stamkos would even say how important it was to be eased in to the league the way he was.I saw him in an interview the other day and he mentioned how much he learned from being a healthy scratch(but also not wanting to be one again).A demotion to the 4th line for Seguin isn't a real punishment since he gets PP time also.Not many 4th liners on the PP I wouldn't think.People just like to trash Julien anyway.As long as they keep winning games i'm happy with him and Seguin.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hockeymomsrule. Show Hockeymomsrule's posts

The speed that kid can put on is crazy.  Loved how one second he's got 2 defensmen on him, and then before you blink he's turned on the jets and they are literally eating the snow coming off the blades of his skates.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from crono420. Show crono420's posts

Great break away skills, just what the bruins need

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from islamorada. Show islamorada's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: "World Class" Goal by Seguin: Dave Maloney MSG : All good points but I can understand why everyone gets excited when they see him make plays like that.I'm with you though.I have no issue with the way CJ is bringing him along.He's an 18 year old that's being eased into being a superstar.It usually doesn't happen overnight as we saw with Stamkos.some people have trashed the way Tochett brought him along but I'm sure Stamkos would even say how important it was to be eased in to the league the way he was.I saw him in an interview the other day and he mentioned how much he learned from being a healthy scratch(but also not wanting to be one again).A demotion to the 4th line for Seguin isn't a real punishment since he gets PP time also.Not many 4th liners on the PP I wouldn't think.People just like to trash Julien anyway.As long as they keep winning games i'm happy with him and Seguin.
    Posted by dezaruchi[/QUOTE]

When Krejci and Savard return, Seguin's fourth line should be on the ice a lot. CJ loves the fourth line!  Seriously though, Milbury said what many have said: give him more time on the ice, I agree. Contrarily Leech said the talented Bs have the luxury to nurture his defensive play over the season.  If the Bs keep winning then all thoughts are moot.  World Class goal!, no matter how many times Maloney has said it, the goal was amazing especially against a World Class goalie.  

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from bogie6. Show bogie6's posts

Seguin showed his capability once again. IMO the decision to put him on the 4th line was not only Julien's. Seguin is learning the defensive side of the game. Even " stone hands" Paille, a great penalty killer can show Seguin how to play defensively. However it also shows how poorly Sean Thornton plays like trying to stick handle thru the Rangers. Come on Sean. Houda should be hung out to dry on line changes. Timmy once again saved the bruins when the oncoming defense were still climbing the boards. Why oh Why did Stuart let Gaborik go in alone on Timmy???This was not one of Chara's better games, is he ailing?? Ference was the steadiest as even Seids had a rough outing. Lucic floated for most of the game, and Ryder couldn't handle the puck or skate. Timmy, Bergeron, Seguin, Caron, Marchand, Recchi, Ference and Campbell played well.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

World class speed.  Absolutely.  And he's no chugger either.  You don't see any effort in the way he blows by Gilroy and zips ahead of the support.  World class shot - great release, incredible velocity, and ping and in accuracy.  I'll admit, there was a part of me that thought this was the kind of thing Taylor Hall was more likely to bring to the Bruins.  Seguin's done everything I thought Hall would do and more.  He really does have a shot to be something very, very special - you can see why people would think Yzerman, Stamkos, Sakic....

In part, it's skill like that that plays into the decisions about his ice time and linemates.  He's been turning the puck over and making silly passes, but with his skill, he doesn't need to do that to be productive.  Gotta break that habit before he becomes Jason Spezza.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from OatesCam. Show OatesCam's posts

Exactly.  I hate those high-risk Spezza giveaways that Seguin has done from time to time early on.  Earning his ice time will also build character for the rest of his career.  I think Claude is doing a great job bringing him along.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011. Show StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011's posts

Hockeymomsrule.....dont worry you'll get 3 Stanley Cups for the price of one

Stanley Cup to the BRUINS in 2011-2012-2013

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from niftybear. Show niftybear's posts

Seguin looks so much better as 4th line center. If they slide him to wing then he can move on up to one of the other lines but not as center. He needs more seasoning.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from stinkman. Show stinkman's posts

That goal was a  highlight reel, worldclass speed to say the very least cutting by 2 players then roofing that upstairs unbelieveable. I am sure we will see more of that in years to come.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hockeymomsrule. Show Hockeymomsrule's posts

Hope you're right SCTTB! Tired of every season ending in tears, frustration or anger ::sigh::

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from duinne. Show duinne's posts

He's learning and adjusting to the NHL. It's not going to happen overnight. Putting him on a top line and giving him massive minutes is not going to benefit him. IMHO he's being brought along at the right pace. I know some fans want to see him all flash and dash, but the coaches know what they're doing.

"I'm gaining more confidence every day," Seguin told reporters after the game. "I'm learning all the little things that come with this league and I think with more games coming by it's going to get better and better."

"I think it's a matter of he's really trying hard to take care of his own end and learning to play without the puck," said Julien. "At the same time, I think he's got to keep his focus on what his strengths are, and his strengths are what you saw him do tonight."

http://www.nesn.com/2010/11/bruins-less-is-more-approach-with-tyler-seguin-pays-off-in-bruins-win-over-rangers.html

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from bhanlon156. Show bhanlon156's posts

His midichlorian count is off the chart.  He may be the one we've been looking for.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from stanjonathan17. Show stanjonathan17's posts

Not even Master Yoda could have picked that corner!

[QUOTE]His midichlorian count is off the chart.  He may be the one we've been looking for.
    Posted by bhanlon156[/QUOTE]