"You cannot win if you don't play 60 minutes " Bruce Boudreau

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

"You cannot win if you don't play 60 minutes " Bruce Boudreau

Where have we read this before ?

For all those that think it was Julien to back down, play defence, collapse...
    I never believed that the coach goes into the dressing and tells his players to play all back on D.

Julien in his interview.

“It’s unfortunate. We had a real good start. I thought we took the game to them very well in the first. The second period, we knew they were going to come out better.

“I thought we held our own and still had our chances. I thought we had about four really good chances to score that fourth goal and it never came. We came out in the third and we did exactly what we weren’t supposed to do. We were supposed to keep taking the game to them. We just didn’t do it. It’s unfortunate.’’

Boudreau in his interview.

" Nothing to add ,  you can't win in this league if you don't go out for a full 60 minute effort" 

LOL sounds so familiar.  24/7 stay tuned.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

Re: "You cannot win if you don't play 60 minutes " Bruce Boudreau

In Response to Re: "You cannot win if you don't play 60 minutes " Bruce Boudreau:
    I guess Boudreau was wrong here.  The B's didn't play 60 minutes last night, but the 30+ they did play stood the test.
    Posted by Not-A-Shot

Tha's right although you know the point I was trying to make.
    Last night 30+ was better than 30-.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from rolerhoky19. Show rolerhoky19's posts

In Response to Re: "You cannot win if you don't play 60 minutes " Bruce Boudreau:
    In Response to Re: "You cannot win if you don't play 60 minutes " Bruce Boudreau : Tha's right although you know the point I was trying to make. Last night 30+ was better than 30-.
    Posted by BsLegion

I thought they played about 25 minutes, but thomas played a full 60.. last night was a prime example though of the value of a good goalie. A lot has been made about the idea of teams making it to the cup with out stellar goalies, but a good goalie can steal you game, can steal a series etc..

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In Response to Re: "You cannot win if you don't play 60 minutes " Bruce Boudreau : I thought they played about 25 minutes, but thomas played a full 60.. last night was a prime example though of the value of a good goalie. A lot has been made about the idea of teams making it to the cup with out stellar goalies, but a good goalie can steal you game, can steal a series etc..
    Posted by rolerhoky19

Since nobody else will say it then I will.The game should've been 3-0 going into the 3rd but TT gave up a weak goal to Bradley.Let's not act like he was the sole reason they won that game.He had a great 3rd period when the game was closer than need be but that Bradley goal was what started to tilt the ice for washington.I swear TT can't  stand getting bored.Boston WAS playing a perfect game defensively and then Bradley scored.Not long after they almost scored again as TT ventured out of the net to play a puck he had no buisiness playing.Look,TT has been outstanding this year and deserves any accolades but let's stop acting like he's the only one showing up when they win or lose.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from north1234. Show north1234's posts

oh yeah  knock tank for one goal....hello...did you see the save he make of ovie in the first period....very simple this team  is living off timmy

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

oh yeah  knock tank for one goal....hello...did you see the save he make of ovie in the first period....very simple this team  is living off timmy
    Posted by north1234

I expected to be bombarded on this one so I'm not surprised.Bottom line is he should've been pulled after the 1st period against Montreal.This whole living off TT thing would make more sense if not for the fact that Boston is at the top of the leagues defensive stats for basically 3 years now whether it's Thomas,Rask,or even Fernandez in goal.It's insulting to the whole team to assume it's one player responsible for every win.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from nitemare-38. Show nitemare-38's posts

I expected to be bombarded on this one so I'm not surprised.Bottom line is he should've been pulled after the 1st period against Montreal.This whole living off TT thing would make more sense if not for the fact that Boston is at the top of the leagues defensive stats for basically 3 years now whether it's Thomas,Rask,or even Fernandez in goal.It's insulting to the whole team to assume it's one player responsible for every win.

Wow Dez! I don't have the words. All I can do is say read this!

http://www.boston.com/sports/hockey/bruins/articles/2010/12/19/a_frightful_ending_averted/

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

I expected to be bombarded on this one so I'm not surprised.Bottom line is he should've been pulled after the 1st period against Montreal.This whole living off TT thing would make more sense if not for the fact that Boston is at the top of the leagues defensive stats for basically 3 years now whether it's Thomas,Rask,or even Fernandez in goal.It's insulting to the whole team to assume it's one player responsible for every win. Wow Dez! I don't have the words. All I can do is say read this! http://www.boston.com/sports/hockey/bruins/articles/2010/12/19/a_frightful_ending_averted/
    Posted by nitemare-38

Do you think it's just coincidence that he had another rough  game Nitemare.You know I typically don't trash either of our goalies but I feel TT's last few games were below average.The trouble is TT has played so well earlier that he's got to be compared only to his earlier numbers.Impossible to stay at such a high level. Only saying he needs a rest.And yes,I read the article.That's what got this started.I  commented that it should've been 3-0  going into the 3rd period and that Boston shouldn't have even given the Caps a sniff.If you want to say TT saved the win for Boston then you should acknowledge that he's the one that almost gave it away.CJ's goalie mismanagement is presently my biggest issue with him.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

I expected to be bombarded on this one so I'm not surprised.Bottom line is he should've been pulled after the 1st period against Montreal.This whole living off TT thing would make more sense if not for the fact that Boston is at the top of the leagues defensive stats for basically 3 years now whether it's Thomas,Rask,or even Fernandez in goal.It's insulting to the whole team to assume it's one player responsible for every win. Have you even watched the Bruins this year?  Or do you just write on this to see your name online?  If the B's are so great defensively then why is Rask's record so bad this year?  The fact is Thomas is standing on his head.  Yeah he could have been pulled against the Habs but at no fault of his own.  Almost had the Penalty shot stopped and then two goals bounced off of skates and went in.  Only reason to pull him is to stop change it up a bit but putting Rask in this year is almost as good as giving up 3 goals.  Fact is Thomas fought back and kept them in that game.  Its not the Bruins D that is keeping Thomas atop the league in goalie stats.  It's Thomas keeping himself there.  The Bruins can't keep giving up 30+ shots a game and expect to keep winning without Thomas playing the way he is but lets hope he doens't wear out.
    Posted by dangr76

Have YOU been watching the games(or hockey in general).Shots on goal is a weak stat.Washington outshot everyone and lost 8 in a row.And was it all Rask last year or was the D complicit in his being at the top of the league stat-wise?I guess you just know hockey better than me.I just like the attention.

Sections
Shortcuts