"pre-television red- line" on TD Garden ice this year

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from watchtower. Show watchtower's posts

"pre-television red- line" on TD Garden ice this year

Any thoughts?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

Re:

In response to watchtower's comment:

Any thoughts?

I need more info Watch. What does this mean?

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from watchtower. Show watchtower's posts

Re:

In response to dezaruchi's comment:

Any thoughts?

The red- line was "solid-red" when it was introduced to the game. Sometime in the late 50's or early 60's the 'checkered' or 'striped' red-line was initiated so viewers could separate it from the blue-lines on (are you ready?)... black and white television.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

Re:

Any thoughts?

The red- line was "solid-red" when it was introduced to the game. Sometime in the late 50's or early 60's the 'checkered' or 'striped' red-line was initiated so viewers could separate it from the blue-lines on (are you ready?)... black and white television.

Thanks Watch. Now I get it although I have to admit I didn't notice the difference. It's funny that people were confusing it for the blue lines since it is quite centerally located. Cheers!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from watchtower. Show watchtower's posts

Re:

Any thoughts?

Thanks Watch. Now I get it although I have to admit I didn't notice the difference. It's funny that people were confusing it for the blue lines since it is quite centerally located. Cheers!

Probably for close to mid-range camera angles.

I noticed it, but did not see any "flies" from the overheads.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Soxdog67. Show Soxdog67's posts

Re:

Any thoughts?

Well this applies to hockey fans who were likely just learning the game back then...I got my first TV for Christmas back in 1970, and it was black and white without cable service (not invented yet)...I was able to use tin foil on the antenna to get the games in, living in a suburb of Boston.

Back in the early 70's it was the heyday for the popularity of hockey in New England with the Bobby Orr led Bruins...I was a teenager myself when I got my first intro to hockey back then.

7. This post has been removed.

Sections
Shortcuts