?? What? League to review elbow to Grabo's head by Ference ??

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

Re: ?? What? League to review elbow to Grabo's head by Ference ??

In response to Chowdahkid-'s comment:

In response to mattbs' comment:

When Grabo pulled up he lowered himself causing the head shot.  If he went in like Ferrence went in it would have been shoulder on shoulder.  Don't know what will happen but I wish players would go in the corners and make themselves less vulnerable.

........which caused a reflex motion of Ference sticking out his elbow ?

LOL... it's a reflex

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from NeelyOrrBourque. Show NeelyOrrBourque's posts

In response to Not-A-Shot's comment:

What I think did happen:  Ference made contact with Grabovski's head with his forearm/elbow.

What I don't think happened:  Ference meant to do it.  After watching it a bunch of times, you don't see Ference looking at Grabovski when it happens, or even a second or two before. 

He'll probably get a game because it happened, but not more.

I disagree with you NAS. Ference is quietly becoming the "cleanest dirty hockey player in the league!" Don't forget his little nonchalent little smack to Halpern's head in 2011 game 7. . 

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from DrCC. Show DrCC's posts

In response to Davinator's comment:

I do not believe there should be suspensions for unintentional acts - except for having control of your stick at all times.

In the definition of the Elbowing rule above its says 'the use of an extended elbow...'

To me, that means intentionally.

Ference's arm/elbow moved away from his body, perhaps trying to cushion the impact from the incoming checker.

So, the question is: was it intentional (in an effort to hit Grabovski with the elbow)?

If AF says it was unintentional and Shanny believes it was, there should not be a suspension/fine. Otherwise it is coincidental contact with the bigger player usually getting the short end of the stick.

We shall see soon enough.

Like it or not, the League seems to be moving towards treating hits to the head the same way as high-sticks.  Any player involved in physical contact is supposed to take reasonable steps to avoid hitting his adversary in the head.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from NeelyOrrBourque. Show NeelyOrrBourque's posts

And fwiw. I love AF when he plays like this. This is the play-offs & a mild version of a war. Also, if someone on the Leafs came after him. He wouldn't have turtled, he would've taken his lumps back. These elbows have been around since the sport. He didn't jump, he didn't take a run at him. It was a blantant contact to the head though & in 2013 the rule is that a suspension is warranted where the principle point of contact is the head. 

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from mattbs. Show mattbs's posts

If Grabo would have went in the corner properly it would have been a shoulder on shoulder hit but because he tried to duck it hit him in the head.  I'm ok if Ferrence gets suspended as long as the refs are consistent with the calls.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

In response to NeelyOrrBourque's comment:

I disagree with you NAS. Ference is quietly becoming the "cleanest dirty hockey player in the league!" Don't forget his little nonchalent little smack to Halpern's head in 2011 game 7.

That's what I mentioned on this thread earler and I think he got a call from Shanny.  He did get a call for that and that's why I think this time it won't pass.  

Also on Fluto's blog:  While Ference is not considered a repeat offender. Ference was fined for his obscene gesture during the first round of the 2011 playoffs against Montreal.

Mr Ference gots some esplaining to do.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from NeelyOrrBourque. Show NeelyOrrBourque's posts

In response to mattbs' comment:

If Grabo would have went in the corner properly it would have been a shoulder on shoulder hit but because he tried to duck it hit him in the head.  I'm ok if Ferrence gets suspended as long as the refs are consistent with the calls.

Explain to me what this statement means? Grabo doesn't have to do anything, but try to eliminate Ference & take the puck within the rules of the game! That's all he has to do....It's not up to him to make sure that he positions himself at the perfect angle of degrees so that he doesn't take an elbow to the head & think about this at travelling 15-20 mph. It's AF's job to make sure he protects the puck & contains possesion long enough to make a play to help get it out of the zone WITHIN the rules of the game. Not put his elbow up & make direct contact to the head! On a separate play;  Lupul was stupid enough to turn his body on DS at the last second where DS was 100% committed & fully engaged to hit Lupul, but Lupul turned to the boards & DS had no other option there. If Lupul got injured that would've been his fault not DS's. There's a huge diff between the 2 plays.

AF knew Grab was there & was coming. AF knew what he was doing! Stop sugar coating this! 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from NeelyOrrBourque. Show NeelyOrrBourque's posts

In response to BsLegion's comment:

In response to NeelyOrrBourque's comment:

I disagree with you NAS. Ference is quietly becoming the "cleanest dirty hockey player in the league!" Don't forget his little nonchalent little smack to Halpern's head in 2011 game 7.

That's what I mentioned on this thread earler and I think he got a call from Shanny.  He did get a call for that and that's why I think this time it won't pass.  

Also on Fluto's blog:  While Ference is not considered a repeat offender. Ference was fined for his obscene gesture during the first round of the 2011 playoffs against Montreal.

Mr Ference gots some esplaining to do.

Oh sorry Legion didn't see it. Wasn't trying to steal ur thunder there.

Yea, if Shanny doesn't give him a game at least. I really will wonder WTH is considered a wrongful hit to the head. If AF already had his elbow up to turn around or something & Grabo ran into it ; that's one thing, but he brought it up after Grabo was already in motion of getting in body position to try & take the puck. 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Achilles2004. Show Achilles2004's posts

1 game? You're kidding right?

5 suspensions this year for hits to the head (not counting Torres that extended from last year). 3 for 2 games. 1 for 4 games, 1 for 5 games.

On what basis do most of you come up with 1? Because he is a Bruin?

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from DrCC. Show DrCC's posts

In response to Achilles2004's comment:

5 suspensions this year for hits to the head (not counting Torres that extended from last year). 3 for 2 games. 1 for 4 games, 1 for 5 games.

Because we reviewed what happened on the play.  Not all hits to the head are equal.

Is there one of those hits you reference that you feel is comparable?

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

Of course. Now beat it, there must be a Loaf autopsy being conducted somewhere.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

there was no penalty on the play.

the player was not injured.

Ference is not a repeat offender.

Ference didn't get his elbow up far in advance.

That's how I came up with 1.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Dustin Brown got two games for his no-look elbow.  It was much more violent, but also keep in mind that Brown had never been suspended before.

Then again, it wasn't the playoffs.

Who knows!

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from NeelyOrrBourque. Show NeelyOrrBourque's posts

In spite of mistakenly putting Red on my ignore list & can't get her back until BDC fixes it. It certainly is sweet when you do it to the dickheads. It's been great not seeing Null's garbage, trout is out, now this sap Achilles....The ignore sometimes is a beautiful thing. 

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from seobrien. Show seobrien's posts

In response to BadHabitude's comment:

If I'm not mistaken any 2+ games have been face to facewith Shanny meetings, no?

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from nrguy. Show nrguy's posts

I love the constant "because he's a Bruin, it'll be less or nothing"

What are Habs and Nucks hockey fans smoking? To think there is actually a league bias against or for certain teams is absurd.

If that was the case, why did Cooke not get suspended for ending Savard's career?

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

In response to seobrien's comment:

If I'm not mistaken any 2+ games have been face to facewith Shanny meetings, no?

I believe you are correct.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from lambda13. Show lambda13's posts

Seo, I thought it was 3?

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

In response to nrguy's comment:

I love the constant "because he's a Bruin, it'll be less or nothing"

What are Habs and Nucks hockey fans smoking? To think there is actually a league bias against or for certain teams is absurd.

If that was the case, why did Cooke not get suspended for ending Savard's career?

The superdoosh bag is comparing Ference hit on Grabo to Rome's hit.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In response to seobrien's comment:

More than five get an in office meeting.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from lambda13. Show lambda13's posts

And actually now that I think of it, I want to say the max for a phone hearing is 5 games? Or was?

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from LoveRealHockey. Show LoveRealHockey's posts

For what it's worth, I do think it was intentional and warrants 1 game, but regardless, I'm more upset at how Grabovski puts himself in a position to get killed out there over and over again.

Either he's fearless or stupid.

I vote for the later.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In response to LoveRealHockey's comment:

For what it's worth, I do think it was intentional and warrants 1 game, but regardless, I'm more upset at how Grabovski puts himself in a position to get killed out there over and over again.

Either he's fearless or stupid.

I vote for the later.

For what it's worth, Grabovski putting himself in a position to get whacked like that pales in comparasion to his diving.  What an embarrassment he is.  Very Hab-like.