?? What? League to review elbow to Grabo's head by Ference ??

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

Re: ?? What? League to review elbow to Grabo's head by Ference ??

In response to LoveRealHockey's comment:

For what it's worth, I do think it was intentional and warrants 1 game, but regardless, I'm more upset at how Grabovski puts himself in a position to get killed out there over and over again.

Either he's fearless or stupid.

I vote for the later.

I'll say one thing for Grabovski, he's one tough SOB. I mean i've seen this guy get rocked over & over, time and again, numerous shots to the head and he NEVER leaves the game.There was the infamous game where Chara nailed him behind the net and he is in LaLa land,staggers to the bench and comes back and scores the o.t winner.One tough customer. 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from LoveRealHockey. Show LoveRealHockey's posts

In response to Not-A-Shot's comment:

In response to LoveRealHockey's comment:

For what it's worth, I do think it was intentional and warrants 1 game, but regardless, I'm more upset at how Grabovski puts himself in a position to get killed out there over and over again.

Either he's fearless or stupid.

I'm a big Leaf fan, but not a big fan of Grabovski.  I don't think he has much hockey sense out there.  He's like a fighter that leads with his head.

For what it's worth, Grabovski putting himself in a position to get whacked like that pales in comparasion to his diving.  What an embarrassment he is.  Very Hab-like.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from lambda13. Show lambda13's posts

Several hours and no word? What happened?

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

"I know Andrew Ference has the gift of gab but this is getting kind of ridiculous here...

BREAKING: Andrew Ference Suspended 3 days from composting."

On the lighter side as we are waiting for the announcement.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

In response to SanDogBrewin's comment:

For a vegan environmentalist that is punishment enough......

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from seobrien. Show seobrien's posts

"I know Andrew Ference has the gift of gab but this is getting kind of ridiculous here...

...and he is being forced to feed his children McDonald's for a night

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from bim09. Show bim09's posts

In response to NeelyOrrBourque's comment:

In spite of mistakenly putting Red on my ignore list & can't get her back until BDC fixes it. It certainly is sweet when you do it to the dickheads. It's been great not seeing Null's garbage, trout is out, now this sap Achilles....The ignore sometimes is a beautiful thing. 

Yea, I have a bunch of ppl on my ignore list on this account from thumb-scrolling the iphone.  Had to make a bim013 account until they fix it.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from NeelyOrrBourque. Show NeelyOrrBourque's posts

Putting any blame of this on Grabo is the biggest form of biased homerism I ever heard. NAS & Is I expect more from both of you! Stop talking the garbage. AF was wrong & leave it at that. You both sound like Canuck & disgusting Habs fans (Kennedy you're not a disgusting one)  fans talking this jibberish! Own up when a Bruin player does something dirty & stop placing blame else where! Fawk that pisses me off to No end. When everything the Bruins do is OK & the rest of the world is wrong! 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

"NAS & Is I expect more from both of you"

Crackin me up right there. You're so Scotty Laughlin sometimes LoL

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Crowls2424. Show Crowls2424's posts

Nick Kypreos @RealKyper 1m

#NHL 1 gm suspension for #Bruins Andrew Ference. Reputation suspension if you ask me.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

In response to Crowls2424's comment:

#NHL 1 gm suspension for #Bruins Andrew Ference. Reputation suspension if you ask me.

that is about what most sane people were expecting.

Time for Hamilton's first playoff game.....

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

In response to Crowls2424's comment:

http://www.cbc.ca/sports/hockey/nhl/story/2013/05/02/sp-nhl-playoffs-suspension-boston-bruins-andrew-ference.html

I'm fine with it.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

One game?  I'm okay with that.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Crowls2424. Show Crowls2424's posts

Game 2 Pairs?

Chara-Boychuk

Seidenberg-Hamilton

Redden-McQuaid

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from NeelyOrrBourque. Show NeelyOrrBourque's posts

In response to Not-A-Shot's comment:

One game?  I'm okay with that.

As expected. 

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from NeelyOrrBourque. Show NeelyOrrBourque's posts

"NAS & Is I expect more from both of you"

Crackin me up right there. You're so Scotty Laughlin sometimes LoL

Love Scotty & nobody can get him going better than Boomer! When I was at the studio the 2nd time he even winked at me mouthed "watch this" & got Scotty all worked up talking about 80 hair hands by saying thy're all "closet gays!" Scotty went on a 10 min rampage! This was off air of course. I had to leave, because I was laughing so hard at Boomer (who I think sometimes is NAS) 

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from islamorada. Show islamorada's posts

If bracing for a hit with your arm and shoulder it could happen easily when Grabo held up on the hit.  

In response to Chowdahkid-'s comment:

In response to mattbs' comment:

When Grabo pulled up he lowered himself causing the head shot.  If he went in like Ferrence went in it would have been shoulder on shoulder.  Don't know what will happen but I wish players would go in the corners and make themselves less vulnerable.

........which caused a reflex motion of Ference sticking out his elbow ?

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Davinator. Show Davinator's posts

In response to DrCC's comment:

In response to Davinator's comment:

I do not believe there should be suspensions for unintentional acts - except for having control of your stick at all times.

In the definition of the Elbowing rule above its says 'the use of an extended elbow...'

To me, that means intentionally.

Ference's arm/elbow moved away from his body, perhaps trying to cushion the impact from the incoming checker.

So, the question is: was it intentional (in an effort to hit Grabovski with the elbow)?

If AF says it was unintentional and Shanny believes it was, there should not be a suspension/fine. Otherwise it is coincidental contact with the bigger player usually getting the short end of the stick.

We shall see soon enough.

Like it or not, the League seems to be moving towards treating hits to the head the same way as high-sticks.  Any player involved in physical contact is supposed to take reasonable steps to avoid hitting his adversary in the head.

...kinda hard to do if he didn't see the player coming into him...but I hear what you're saying. If a player has to start watching out to avoid a hit to the head at any cost, he's not following the puck. Keeping the arms down is not enough for a 6'-5" player against one who is 5'-10" (for example).

Oh well. AF gets a game. Hamilton comes in relief.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from DrCC. Show DrCC's posts

There's definitely a lot of grey area.  The scenario you mention is one where I would expect the hitter to get some leeway.