0-2 Start For The Flyers

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

Re: 0-2 Start For The Flyers

In response to shuperman's comment:

Love Hartnell.  

Everything negative being said about him here is correct. I love hating him, but he is good at what he does. Kind of player where the more people that hate him is kind of a compliment. Means he is that good at what he does. Good player. If he were a Bruin he's be one of the more popular ones.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

In response to biggskye's comment:

Yeah. Hartnell is as tough as they come. He will hit anyone in the league, just so long, he can clearly see the number on the back of the jersey.

Agreed.  A long history of boarding with this guy and a very short history of backing it up.  He's as optortunistic as anyone in picking his fights.  But, he's also extremely effective and his success kind of speaks for itself.

To love him and hate someone like Marchand is an impossibly hypocritical position though.  Either you're okay with "dirty but effective" or you aren't.

Love watching the Flyers lose.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

In response to Fletcher1's comment:

Yeah. Hartnell is as tough as they come. He will hit anyone in the league, just so long, he can clearly see the number on the back of the jersey.

Agreed.  A long history of boarding with this guy and a very short history of backing it up.  He's as optortunistic as anyone in picking his fights.  But, he's also extremely effective and his success kind of speaks for itself.

To love him and hate someone like Marchand is an impossibly hypocritical position though.  Either you're okay with "dirty but effective" or you aren't.

Either or for me. They are not a boring team to watch.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

no I don't like Marchand.  I don't hate him.  I do love watching Hartnell though.  I will use a line I hear on hear for Marchand.  Hartnell backs it up.  don't make me use hockey fights.com as a reference.  

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

no I don't like Marchand.  I don't hate him.  I do love watching Hartnell though.  I will use a line I hear on hear for Marchand.  Hartnell backs it up.  don't make me use hockey fights.com as a reference.  

You're hilarious Shupe. Who here claimed that Marchand backs it up? The only time the subject ever comes up is when you or another Marchand basher decides to claim he doesn't back it up and then you get challenged to provide examples of times when he failed to do so. Nobody ever made claims that Marchand is a tough guy but he's also not the hit and run artist you attempt to make him out to be. Yesterday Hartnell made 2 hits that were dirty and then backed it up by going after Stafford, who hadn't fought in 3 years. If Marchand acted that way we'd be subjected to countless posts about him being a punk. I'm not sure exactly how you decide who's dirty and who's clean but then again, you find ways to support Torres and I suppose that speaks volumes on it's own. Cheers you old Flyer lover.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

although we've seen Hartnell do as if he's going to fight (i.e. against Chara ) and then backs away when the other guy drops his goves. Does it just lure the other guy in the box. That's yellow.

Marchand I have yet to seem him pull this tactic,  everyone that's asked him to drop his gloves he hasn't backed down,  at least I never saw it.  Dez correct me if I'm wrong.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

although we've seen Hartnell do as if he's going to fight (i.e. against Chara ) and then backs away when the other guy drops his goves. Does it just lure the other guy in the box. That's yellow.

Marchand I have yet to seem him pull this tactic,  everyone that's asked him to drop his gloves he hasn't backed down,  at least I never saw it.  Dez correct me if I'm wrong.

[/QUOTE]

I also don't remember Marchand doing that. I'm not saying it's never happenned but I don't remember it if it did.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

In response to dezaruchi's comment:

You're hilarious Shupe. Who here claimed that Marchand backs it up? The only time the subject ever comes up is when you or another Marchand basher decides to claim he doesn't back it up and then you get challenged to provide examples of times when he failed to do so. Nobody ever made claims that Marchand is a tough guy but he's also not the hit and run artist you attempt to make him out to be. Yesterday Hartnell made 2 hits that were dirty and then backed it up by going after Stafford, who hadn't fought in 3 years. If Marchand acted that way we'd be subjected to countless posts about him being a punk. I'm not sure exactly how you decide who's dirty and who's clean but then again, you find ways to support Torres and I suppose that speaks volumes on it's own. Cheers you old Flyer lover.

Actually it was you who said he backed it up. And it's funny you replied.  Hartnell has 60 NHL fights and consistently puts up excellent numbers.  His hits weren't reviewed were they?   Stafford had a letter on his jersey and challenged him. Props to him. I'm a bigger stafford fan.  

pretty sure I've avoided the rats posts lately.  In fact find me my last one.  Actually I will spare u from looking.  It's been a while.  News flash on Torres as well. I haven't supported him in some time.  So turn volume down on that subject.  I dumped him over a year ago for souray and Dats.   

stafford challenged Hartnell after a dirty play. They dropped the gloves and went.   You gonna bruin color glass me all year.  You want me to name numerous acts this team has done that are worse.  Lets not play that game.   read how this started.  I said I love Hartnell.  Fletch followed up without saying my name.  I replied.  You and your henchman BsL chime in.  Likely bc of the backs it up line.  Blood in the water on here.  

So.  Next time bruins cheatshot someone.  And they will. And then a little bru haha happens can I say how dirty they are.   Y/N?  Like every time our guys go after PK.  Or Thornton throws down with spacek.  

I would love to have Hartnell on this team.  And I haven't mentioned the rat.  Someone else did.  And no I still can't stand him. But I have left him be.  

So before you and goon squad pull a bully tactic know that I didn't start it and that your old Torres Comments are old.  I said he should be gone.  He has said he needs to smarten up.  I don't think the hossa hit was bad.  I don't think the eberle hit was bad.  but in this new era those cant happen.  Just like the ones our guys are getting dinged for.  

I would love to have Hartnell.  That's all I meant.  Peace and love. 

ps. Here come the I'm the best disguised troll threads.  And before someone mentions it.  Not looking for attention.  So I'm hoping this doesn't get repeated again.  

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

I like how hard Marchand and Hartnell both play the game. They do go over the top with their antics sometimes. It comes with the territory in having emotionally charged players in the lineup.

But to think Marchand is worse then Hartnell with the extracurricular stuff ? I don't know about that one. No one should be choosing sides on who's worse with these two. 

And just a reminder about an incident in Hartnell's past . He was Alex Burrow's role model.

Biting is a big no-no in any sport. 

http://www.cbc.ca/sports/hockey/story/2009/10/09/sp-hartnell-hearing.html

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

Actually it was you who said he backed it up. And it's funny you replied.  Hartnell has 60 NHL fights and consistently puts up excellent numbers.  His hits weren't reviewed were they?   Stafford had a letter on his jersey and challenged him. Props to him. I'm a bigger stafford fan.  

pretty sure I've avoided the rats posts lately.  In fact find me my last one.  Actually I will spare u from looking.  It's been a while.  News flash on Torres as well. I haven't supported him in some time.  So turn volume down on that subject.  I dumped him over a year ago for souray and Dats.   

stafford challenged Hartnell after a dirty play. They dropped the gloves and went.   You gonna bruin color glass me all year.  You want me to name numerous acts this team has done that are worse.  Lets not play that game.   read how this started.  I said I love Hartnell.  Fletch followed up without saying my name.  I replied.  You and your henchman BsL chime in.  Likely bc of the backs it up line.  Blood in the water on here.  

So.  Next time bruins cheatshot someone.  And they will. And then a little bru haha happens can I say how dirty they are.   Y/N?  Like every time our guys go after PK.  Or Thornton throws down with spacek.  

I would love to have Hartnell on this team.  And I haven't mentioned the rat.  Someone else did.  And no I still can't stand him. But I have left him be.  

So before you and goon squad pull a bully tactic know that I didn't start it and that your old Torres Comments are old.  I said he should be gone.  He has said he needs to smarten up.  I don't think the hossa hit was bad.  I don't think the eberle hit was bad.  but in this new era those cant happen.  Just like the ones our guys are getting dinged for.  

ps. Here come the I'm the best disguised troll threads.  And before someone mentions it.  Not looking for attention.  So I'm hoping this doesn't get repeated again.  

Shupe, we've been over this a number of times with you saying Marchand doesn't back it up and me asking you to provide examples of such incidents. Your failure to recall any doesn't equate to me going around here saying that Marchand "backs it up". It simply means you labeled him as something he wasn't. 

The Hartnell/Stafford play in question also has you wrong again. Hartnell made the questionable hit and then he shoved Stafford from behind to challenge him as they went up the ice, not the other way around.

Regarding Hartnell or your love affair with Torres, it's a running theme that you just love to take a contrary view of situations and then try to label yourself as just being objective. That's fine. I'm well aware of your M.O. It is rather  interesting though that you now have this perception that everyone is just out to get you. For a guy that makes so many attempts to stir the pot, you sure do get upset/paranoid when anyone else questions your line of thinking. Nobody cares to be my henchman or part of any goon squad. They simply didn't agree with you. It seems you should just get over it already.........or don't, both ways are equally entertaining or me. Cheers loverboy. 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

Shupe, we've been over this a number of times with you saying Marchand doesn't back it up and me asking you to provide examples of such incidents. Your failure to recall any doesn't equate to me going around here saying that Marchand "backs it up". It simply means you labeled him as something he wasn't. 

The Hartnell/Stafford play in question also has you wrong again. Hartnell made the questionable hit and then he shoved Stafford from behind to challenge him as they went up the ice, not the other way around.

Regarding Hartnell or your love affair with Torres, it's a running theme that you just love to take a contrary view of situations and then try to label yourself as just being objective. That's fine. I'm well aware of your M.O. It is rather  interesting though that you now have this perception that everyone is just out to get you. For a guy that makes so many attempts to stir the pot, you sure do get upset/paranoid when anyone else questions your line of thinking. Nobody cares to be my henchman or part of any goon squad. They simply didn't agree with you. It seems you should just get over it already.........or don't, both ways are equally entertaining or me. Cheers loverboy. 

Did stafford willing drop the gloves.  Yes he did. He wasn't forced to fight.  He wasn't jumped.  Hartnell isn't exactly a good fighter even though he's had 60.  

I did not mention the rat once.  Not once.  I said I love Hartnell. Said it before.  3 words.  I love Hartnell.  Don't love Torres.  I liked Torres before all these head shot talks started up.  He's clearly breaking the rules and I don't care for it.  I don't agree with some but he hasn't learnEd.  So I have washed my hands of him a long time ago.  

Upset/paranoid.  Haha.   Sure.  

I stir the pot bc I say I like a player.  I like Richards.  I like Hartnell.  I like the wy PK plays hockey.  

i do laugh at all the people that blame the refs when we get more pp then just about any team in the league.  I also get a chuckle when lucic sucker punches a kid and he deserved it, yet if any player.  Like giroux on Bergie a few yrs back is a cheap shot artist and garbage player.   Oh.  I would love giroux as well.  And yes I do like the way Philly plays.  Bc it's a near mirror image of how we play.  If that is stirring the pot then crown me.  

last time so you understand.   I don't like Torres game anymore.  I don't like the rat but I don't talk or trash him anymore.  Actually thought he turned the page in the second half last year.  You gonna come out and declare you have broken up with him when he gets suspended again?   

Anyway.  I love Hartnell.  Look where it got me.  It got me yanked into a rat debate and Torres debate.  I didn't mention either guy.  Just for the record. 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

Shupe, I don't hate Hartnell either, it's just you have and already labeled Marchand of not backing up his antics . Not sure, like I said , everyone that has dropped the gloves with Marchand,  he answered. Hartnell ?  not really , I've seen him shake his gloves and then when the other guy drops them Hartnell did not. That's cheap and even if he would be wearing a Bruins Jersey.

Hartnell has been in the league longer therefore cannot compare to Marchand , who knows, March might do the same one way.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

Did stafford willing drop the gloves.  Yes he did. He wasn't forced to fight.  He wasn't jumped.  Hartnell isn't exactly a good fighter even though he's had 60.  

I did not mention the rat once.  Not once.  I said I love Hartnell. Said it before.  3 words.  I love Hartnell.  Don't love Torres.  I liked Torres before all these head shot talks started up.  He's clearly breaking the rules and I don't care for it.  I don't agree with some but he hasn't learnEd.  So I have washed my hands of him a long time ago.  

I stir the pot bc I say I like a player.  I like Richards.  I like Hartnell.  I like the wy PK plays hockey.  

i do laugh at all the people that blame the refs when we get more pp then just about any team in the league.  I also get a chuckle when lucic sucker punches a kid and he deserved it, yet if any player.  Like giroux on Bergie a few yrs back is a cheap shot artist and garbage player.   Oh.  I would love giroux as well.  And yes I do like the way Philly plays.  Bc it's a near mirror image of how we play.  If that is stirring the pot then crown me.  

last time so you understand.   I don't like Torres game anymore.  I don't like the rat but I don't talk or trash him anymore.  Actually thought he turned the page in the second half last year.  You gonna come out and declare you have broken up with him when he gets suspended again?   

Anyway.  I love Hartnell.  Look where it got me.  It got me yanked into a rat debate and Torres debate.  I didn't mention either guy.  Just for the record. 

I didn't say Stafford was jumped either. I simply said you were mistaken in your assertion that Stafford challenged him because he was wearing a letter on his jersey. Drew accepted because he was being openly challenged and likely didn't want to spend another year being part of the pansy Sabres so he obliged.
    For the record Shupe, people were surprised when I said I had no problem with Giroux taking out Bergeron (my favourite player) because I said I would've expected Bergeron to do the same to him if the roles were reversed.  You're just trying to put words in my mouth and it's just not true. Lastly, I definitely wasn't the one to bring up Marchand. I only responded to your comment to one of the "goon squad" about hearing that line around here about him. Again, I never make claims about Marchand backing up anything. What I always claim is that you can't name any times that he failed to do so when he was challenged. That's not really the same thing at all but by all means, run with it. Cheers!

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

Fustration starting to creep into the Flyers game now. Simmonds just gave Brodeur  little how do ya do. Could get ugly.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In response to kelvana33's comment:

Fustration starting to creep into the Flyers game now. Simmonds just gave Brodeur  little how do ya do. Could get ugly.

Seeing the Flyers lose is very satisfying to me. On another note, the Oilers are taking quite a beating from the Sharks. 6-1 after the first.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

I didn't say Stafford was jumped either. I simply said you were mistaken in your assertion that Stafford challenged him because he was wearing a letter on his jersey. Drew accepted because he was being openly challenged and likely didn't want to spend another year being part of the pansy Sabres so he obliged.
    For the record Shupe, people were surprised when I said I had no problem with Giroux taking out Bergeron (my favourite player) because I said I would've expected Bergeron to do the same to him if the roles were reversed.  You're just trying to put words in my mouth and it's just not true. Lastly, I definitely wasn't the one to bring up Marchand. I only responded to your comment to one of the "goon squad" about hearing that line around here about him. Again, I never make claims about Marchand backing up anything. What I always claim is that you can't name any times that he failed to do so when he was challenged. That's not really the same thing at all but by all means, run with it. Cheers!

I love Hartnell. :-). 

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

I prefer Clarkson. I saw they had matching roughing minors last night but that's as far as it went. Who would you prefer if given the choice to have either in black and gold?

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

I prefer Clarkson. I saw they had matching roughing minors last night but that's as far as it went. Who would you prefer if given the choice to have either in black and gold?

i think I created a blog about getting clarkson a few yrs back and it didn't take.  Every team needs a guy like him.  Between the two.  Hartnell all day.  He's a first line winger.  Terrible fighter but has better hands.  

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from WalkTheLine. Show WalkTheLine's posts

Not commenting on the already beaten to death Hartnell vs. Marchand debate.

Has anyone noticed that the flyers are now 0 and 3?? Shweeeeet. They've been outscored 11-3! Let's hope the rags are 0-3 tomorrow morning as well.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

That's the biggest surprise, WTL - the lack of offense.  Giroux has 2 of their 3 goals.  Hartnell and Simmonds have zip after closing in on 40 and 30 respectively last year.  And of the kids, the only one with a goal is Couturier.  Zip for Read, Schenn, and Voracek.  Proof, maybe, that no matter how talented the kids, there's always a risk in going big with a youth movement.  (JVR isn't lighting it up in Toronto, either.)  Do they miss Briere that much? 

Nothing from their D, either - one assist for Foster, one assist for Timmonen.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

In response to Bookboy007's comment:
    [QUOTE]

That's the biggest surprise, WTL - the lack of offense.  Giroux has 2 of their 3 goals.  Hartnell and Simmonds have zip after closing in on 40 and 30 respectively last year.  And of the kids, the only one with a goal is Couturier.  Zip for Read, Schenn, and Voracek.  Proof, maybe, that no matter how talented the kids, there's always a risk in going big with a youth movement.  (JVR isn't lighting it up in Toronto, either.)  Do they miss Briere that much? 

[/QUOTE

briere hurts the balance of the lineup and let's not forget jägr.  Those were 2 key guys.  They lost carle.   And their defence was weak to start with and then the goalie mess.  I say they do something soon.  

jägr stirred the drink with giroux and Hartnell.  Why they didn't bring him back is beyond me.  

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from NeelyOrrBourque. Show NeelyOrrBourque's posts

I can't stand Hartnell, Clarkson, P.K, or Machand & despise Pronger! I'm glad we have one & would take any of the others on the B's any day. They all do their job well....It's the guys like Ott, Kaleta, Bieska & yes Torres types that I have no use for & would never cheer for if they became a Bruin. Dez, knows I don't like Marchand, but I also know that without him there's no cup. I love when the little bastar d stirs it up, but I hate the slew foots he does. That's a "punkish" act. But man, when he wants to play hockey he can play & that I love! Hartnell I put in the same catagory. He's an antagionizing piece of kief too, but some of his antics I hate & would hate if he was a Bruin. However, he's still a good hockey player & when he plays his game the right way, he's fun to watch. To help with the debate I have seen Hartnell skate away from a scrap when challenged. I haven't seen Marchand back away from anyone, but any player in the NHL besides P.K that actually would fight him would never win, no matter if they hammered Marchand in the scrap or not. 

Oh one more thing....Marchand ducking hits.....LOVE IT!!! The guy is small & if he's quick enough to get out of the way.....Good for him.....I bet Salo & Ballard will take a 2nd guesses the next time they try & line him up which could end up being a good thing for the B's!

Cheers to the sheep lover & the Kojak with a Kodak! ( you're bald right Shupe)

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

In response to Bookboy007's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE

briere hurts the balance of the lineup and let's not forget jägr.  Those were 2 key guys.  They lost carle.   And their defence was weak to start with and then the goalie mess.  I say they do something soon.  

jägr stirred the drink with giroux and Hartnell.  Why they didn't bring him back is beyond me.  

Especially  since they traded JVR..Were they counting on more from Courtier? Who knows, but Jagr was a good fit there. Brayden Schenn is the first to go in front of Shanahan, wonder how that works out, he might want to set the tone for what could be a real physical/contentious 48 games.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

In response to NeelyOrrBourque's comment:

I can't stand Hartnell, Clarkson, P.K, or Machand & despise Pronger! I'm glad we have one & would take any of the others on the B's any day. They all do their job well....It's the guys like Ott, Kaleta, Bieska & yes Torres types that I have no use for & would never cheer for if they became a Bruin. Dez, knows I don't like Marchand, but I also know that without him there's no cup. I love when the little bastar d stirs it up, but I hate the slew foots he does. That's a "punkish" act. But man, when he wants to play hockey he can play & that I love! Hartnell I put in the same catagory. He's an antagionizing piece of kief too, but some of his antics I hate & would hate if he was a Bruin. However, he's still a good hockey player & when he plays his game the right way, he's fun to watch. To help with the debate I have seen Hartnell skate away from a scrap when challenged. I haven't seen Marchand back away from anyone, but any player in the NHL besides P.K that actually would fight him would never win, no matter if they hammered Marchand in the scrap or not. 

Oh one more thing....Marchand ducking hits.....LOVE IT!!! The guy is small & if he's quick enough to get out of the way.....Good for him.....I bet Salo & Ballard will take a 2nd guesses the next time they try & line him up which could end up being a good thing for the B's!

I didn't understand most of your post.  Balding to answer your question.  

ps.  when you score at a clip that Hartnell does and you have 60 NHL fights under your belt does he not have the right to skate away from some.  I mean he is an allstar caliber player.  Not sure I want him fighting the clowns of the league.  

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from NeelyOrrBourque. Show NeelyOrrBourque's posts

In response to NeelyOrrBourque's comment:

I didn't understand most of your post.  Balding to answer your question.  

ps.  when you score at a clip that Hartnell does and you have 60 NHL fights under your belt does he not have the right to skate away from some.  I mean he is an allstar caliber player.  Not sure I want him fighting the clowns of the league.  

Not sure what was hard to understand..but OK. You're right he does have the right to skate away Shupe. I remember Neely skating away after he gave Basil Mcrae a whooping. Milbury was furious at Cam when he got back to the bench. And I remember the color guy saying that "Milbury is giving it to Neely on the bench, because he allowed Basil to bait him." However, Hartnell has been known to pretend like he's going to fight...then skates away! That's a punkish act right there! If you're gonna go...GO! And I wish those "punks" would get a penalty too! You didn't see Lucic doing that to George 3 seasons ago. He just kept skating away telling him he wasn't allowed to fight him. That's what suks about Hartnell's game.