0-2 Start For The Flyers

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from WalkTheLine. Show WalkTheLine's posts

Re: 0-2 Start For The Flyers

In response to Bookboy007's comment:

That's the biggest surprise, WTL - the lack of offense.  Giroux has 2 of their 3 goals.  Hartnell and Simmonds have zip after closing in on 40 and 30 respectively last year.  And of the kids, the only one with a goal is Couturier.  Zip for Read, Schenn, and Voracek.  Proof, maybe, that no matter how talented the kids, there's always a risk in going big with a youth movement.  (JVR isn't lighting it up in Toronto, either.)  Do they miss Briere that much? 

Nothing from their D, either - one assist for Foster, one assist for Timmonen.

True, Book....I can see a good team losing 3 straight but being 0 and 3 and losing the way they have and being outscored badly is something else altogether.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

In response to NeelyOrrBourque's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to shuperman's comment:

I can't stand Hartnell, Clarkson, P.K, or Machand & despise Pronger! I'm glad we have one & would take any of the others on the B's any day. They all do their job well....It's the guys like Ott, Kaleta, Bieska & yes Torres types that I have no use for & would never cheer for if they became a Bruin. Dez, knows I don't like Marchand, but I also know that without him there's no cup. I love when the little bastar d stirs it up, but I hate the slew foots he does. That's a "punkish" act. But man, when he wants to play hockey he can play & that I love! Hartnell I put in the same catagory. He's an antagionizing piece of kief too, but some of his antics I hate & would hate if he was a Bruin. However, he's still a good hockey player & when he plays his game the right way, he's fun to watch. To help with the debate I have seen Hartnell skate away from a scrap when challenged. I haven't seen Marchand back away from anyone, but any player in the NHL besides P.K that actually would fight him would never win, no matter if they hammered Marchand in the scrap or not. 

Oh one more thing....Marchand ducking hits.....LOVE IT!!! The guy is small & if he's quick enough to get out of the way.....Good for him.....I bet Salo & Ballard will take a 2nd guesses the next time they try & line him up which could end up being a good thing for the B's!

Cheers to the sheep lover & the Kojak with a Kodak! ( you're bald right Shupe)

I didn't understand most of your post.  Balding to answer your question.  

ps.  when you score at a clip that Hartnell does and you have 60 NHL fights under your belt does he not have the right to skate away from some.  I mean he is an allstar caliber player.  Not sure I want him fighting the clowns of the league.  

Not sure what was hard to understand..but OK. You're right he does have the right to skate away Shupe. I remember Neely skating away after he gave Basil Mcrae a whooping. Milbury was furious at Cam when he got back to the bench. And I remember the color guy saying that "Milbury is giving it to Neely on the bench, because he allowed Basil to bait him." However, Hartnell has been known to pretend like he's going to fight...then skates away! That's a punkish act right there! If you're gonna go...GO! And I wish those "punks" would get a penalty too! You didn't see Lucic doing that to George 3 seasons ago. He just kept skating away telling him he wasn't allowed to fight him. That's what suks about Hartnell's game. 

[/QUOT

milbury giving cam a lecture.  Funny.  Cam is two times the player and fighter.   Sometimes you gotta do it ala iggy Shanny Tockett Nolan.  Part of their makeup.  

Fake dropping the gloves is part of his act.  I don't agree with it but Hartnell is more valuable playing.   Plus he is there to get under the skin of other players.  Punk act or not he can play.  As for Ott.  I would also love to have him.  He ain't the biggest dude but has skill and will fight And hit.   Again.  60 NHL fights.  Hardly someone who is shy to fight.  He's just terrible at it.  

Im not sure where the debate came with Marchand.  i haven't talked about him at all.  Great skill. Hate his other junk.  That's it.  Ducking in hockey is the equivalent of not going in the corner to get the pUck.   Slew footing is one of the cheapest plays in hockey.  

Everyone is entitled to opinions.  Ask me now would I take Hartnell.  Yes please.  Same as Ott.  same as PK.  

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from NeelyOrrBourque. Show NeelyOrrBourque's posts

[QUOTE]

I can't stand Hartnell, Clarkson, P.K, or Machand & despise Pronger! I'm glad we have one & would take any of the others on the B's any day. They all do their job well....It's the guys like Ott, Kaleta, Bieska & yes Torres types that I have no use for & would never cheer for if they became a Bruin. Dez, knows I don't like Marchand, but I also know that without him there's no cup. I love when the little bastar d stirs it up, but I hate the slew foots he does. That's a "punkish" act. But man, when he wants to play hockey he can play & that I love! Hartnell I put in the same catagory. He's an antagionizing piece of kief too, but some of his antics I hate & would hate if he was a Bruin. However, he's still a good hockey player & when he plays his game the right way, he's fun to watch. To help with the debate I have seen Hartnell skate away from a scrap when challenged. I haven't seen Marchand back away from anyone, but any player in the NHL besides P.K that actually would fight him would never win, no matter if they hammered Marchand in the scrap or not. 

Oh one more thing....Marchand ducking hits.....LOVE IT!!! The guy is small & if he's quick enough to get out of the way.....Good for him.....I bet Salo & Ballard will take a 2nd guesses the next time they try & line him up which could end up being a good thing for the B's!

Cheers to the sheep lover & the Kojak with a Kodak! ( you're bald right Shupe)

I didn't understand most of your post.  Balding to answer your question.  

ps.  when you score at a clip that Hartnell does and you have 60 NHL fights under your belt does he not have the right to skate away from some.  I mean he is an allstar caliber player.  Not sure I want him fighting the clowns of the league.  

Not sure what was hard to understand..but OK. You're right he does have the right to skate away Shupe. I remember Neely skating away after he gave Basil Mcrae a whooping. Milbury was furious at Cam when he got back to the bench. And I remember the color guy saying that "Milbury is giving it to Neely on the bench, because he allowed Basil to bait him." However, Hartnell has been known to pretend like he's going to fight...then skates away! That's a punkish act right there! If you're gonna go...GO! And I wish those "punks" would get a penalty too! You didn't see Lucic doing that to George 3 seasons ago. He just kept skating away telling him he wasn't allowed to fight him. That's what suks about Hartnell's game. 

[/QUOT

milbury giving cam a lecture.  Funny.  Cam is two times the player and fighter.   Sometimes you gotta do it ala iggy Shanny Tockett Nolan.  Part of their makeup.  

Fake dropping the gloves is part of his act.  I don't agree with it but Hartnell is more valuable playing.   Plus he is there to get under the skin of other players.  Punk act or not he can play.  As for Ott.  I would also love to have him.  He ain't the biggest dude but has skill and will fight And hit.   Again.  60 NHL fights.  Hardly someone who is shy to fight.  He's just terrible at it.  

Im not sure where the debate came with Marchand.  i haven't talked about him at all.  Great skill. Hate his other junk.  That's it.  Ducking in hockey is the equivalent of not going in the corner to get the pUck.   Slew footing is one of the cheapest plays in hockey.  

Everyone is entitled to opinions.  Ask me now would I take Hartnell.  Yes please.  Same as Ott.  same as PK.  

He gave Ray a few as well....Go figure lol! 

What if the guy is coming with an elbow to the head? And if Marchand was 6' 0" 200 lbs I'd agree with you. I don't think ducking is wrong at all at his size. You do what you need to do to survive on the ice. And I said I would take Hartnell & P.K. Ott is a scumbag! And I wouldn't care if he lost every fight.Since that game in Boston in 08'. I have no use for him. 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from lambda13. Show lambda13's posts

[/QUOTE]

I would never want Ott. Ever. He is a dirty player. Absolutely awful. The game against the Stars several years ago is a shining example, just remember he is and always will be "Brave Steve." He goes for players knees and repeatedly refused to answer for his antics in that game.

Ducking... Do I need to go through youtube and point out all of the players that have done "ducking." It used to be called or at least a variation of a hip check and it has the same result. Not to mention why would you let someone take a run at you. Ballard has done the exact same thing countless times. Ovechkin's hit on Subban is similar as well. Bear in mind I said similar not the same.

I would take Hartnell and PK granted PK wised up and stopped flopping and being a wuss.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

In response to lambda13's comment:

I would never want Ott. Ever. He is a dirty player. Absolutely awful. The game against the Stars several years ago is a shining example, just remember he is and always will be "Brave Steve." He goes for players knees and repeatedly refused to answer for his antics in that game.

Ducking... Do I need to go through youtube and point out all of the players that have done "ducking." It used to be called or at least a variation of a hip check and it has the same result. Not to mention why would you let someone take a run at you. Ballard has done the exact same thing countless times. Ovechkin's hit on Subban is similar as well. Bear in mind I said similar not the same.

I would take Hartnell and PK granted PK wised up and stopped flopping and being a wuss.

[/QUOTE]

Hip check?   No it's not even close to the same thing.  A hip check in its glory was used by defence man.  It's a lost art.  A fwd who has the puck and ducks underneath a hit is not a hip check.  

what is he supposed to do?  Take a hit.  It's hockey.  Why not raise your skate up as well. Actually had a guy do tha to me.  Or heck just cross check.   Messier had crazy elbows in the day.  Worked wonders.  ducking or going under a hit chasing a puck is one thing.  Ducking and essentially flipping a player isn't.  

As for Ott.  He's on the greasy side for sure.  But has skill, kills pms and drops the mits frequently.  He's not near the hockey player of Marchand or Hartnell.  But I would welcome him with open arms.   Watch him when he plays us next.  He will drive our players nuts.  I wish they put a mic on him for every minute of the game.  Best trash talker out there.  

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from lambda13. Show lambda13's posts

Hip check?   No it's not even close to the same thing.  A hip check in its glory was used by defence man.  It's a lost art.  A fwd who has the puck and ducks underneath a hit is not a hip check.  

what is he supposed to do?  Take a hit.  It's hockey.  Why not raise your skate up as well. Actually had a guy do tha to me.  Or heck just cross check.   Messier had crazy elbows in the day.  Worked wonders.  ducking or going under a hit chasing a puck is one thing.  Ducking and essentially flipping a player isn't.  

As for Ott.  He's on the greasy side for sure.  But has skill, kills pms and drops the mits frequently.  He's not near the hockey player of Marchand or Hartnell.  But I would welcome him with open arms.   Watch him when he plays us next.  He will drive our players nuts.  I wish they put a mic on him for every minute of the game.  Best trash talker out there.  

It's very similar. Tell Eric Lindros to take a hit and see how far that conversation gets. No thanks, under-sized players would get beaten to the ground if they weren't offered a way to defend themselves. I don't see anything wrong with ducking. If you're going to try and throw a check make sure you square him. If you're sailing over someone's back you're targeting too high. Subban was trying to hit Ovechkin and he ducked and flipped him and it was "the hit of the year." I think they are making too much of it.

There's greasy and there's dangerous. I put him on the same level as Cooke and Samuelson. He targeted player's knees. That's worse than slew footing. To be honest I haven't scrutinized his play enough to know if he has slew footed too, I wouldn't be surprised. I would not cheer for Ott if he wore a Bruins sweater. I also don't think he would be welcome in the locker room. Too many guys from the 08 team that still remember him aiming at knees and running away from fights like a coward.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

It's very similar. Tell Eric Lindros to take a hit and see how far that conversation gets. No thanks, under-sized players would get beaten to the ground if they weren't offered a way to defend themselves. I don't see anything wrong with ducking. If you're going to try and throw a check make sure you square him. If you're sailing over someone's back you're targeting too high. Subban was trying to hit Ovechkin and he ducked and flipped him and it was "the hit of the year." I think they are making too much of it.

There's greasy and there's dangerous. I put him on the same level as Cooke and Samuelson. He targeted player's knees. That's worse than slew footing. To be honest I haven't scrutinized his play enough to know if he has slew footed too, I wouldn't be surprised. I would not cheer for Ott if he wore a Bruins sweater. I also don't think he would be welcome in the locker room. Too many guys from the 08 team that still remember him aiming at knees and running away from fights like a coward.

Well he's seems to be well received in the two spots he's played.  You play hockey knowing its a contact sport.  it's greasy and I personally don't like it.  lindros thought he couldn't be hurt.  I also. Hate players turning into the boards.  It's not taught anywhere.  It's not wwe where they go over the ring.   I'm not dwelling on the Marchand hip check.  He was suspended for it.  I think it was not nec planned and kinda out of reaction.  I even chimed in that I didn't think it deserved a suspension.  It's a dangerous play though bc a player isn't expecting it.  And players ducking can Hurt themselves.  Didn't savard re injure himself that way.  

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from lambda13. Show lambda13's posts

Savard? Not sure. I also hate players turning towards the boards. I'm just saying Lindros because he was a large player who didn't shy away from hits at all and his career got throttled to a quick end. (Mainly because Scott Stevens was a beast)

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from NeelyOrrBourque. Show NeelyOrrBourque's posts

And the ONLY reason he's not in the same catagory as these two nimrods is that he hasn't maimed any one yet that I remember, but it'll happen. He certainly tried to take out Yelle at the knee's in that game you speak of.

Even Matthew Barnaby said he was an asine little weasel who deserved to be knocked out . Now there's a guy who I loved & wished they put a mic on. This past summer Bryan McCabe told me that some of the stuff he said on the ice was hilarious! Said the guy must of went through other's players trash to find stuff to say. He'd say stuff to players that they'd come to the bench & ask..'How the F did he know that happened!!"

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

i just watched the ovi hit.  It's different.  PK had puck.  

Anyway.  Looking fwd to the game tonight

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from lambda13. Show lambda13's posts

Go B's!

I thought Subban had lined up Ovechkin while OV had the puck. My memory is atrocious. Oh well.